Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Ninja vs Pirate!
Ninja vs Pirate!
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 28 2007, 5:46 pm
By: Moogle
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 11 >

Mar 17 2010, 1:33 am poison_us Post #161

Back* from the grave

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Gangplank is a Pirate, whilst this new champion is obviously a ninja. :ermm:

Mar 17 2010, 3:07 am rayNimagi Post #162

Ninjas no longer exist. It can be argued that the first pirates were Vikings, which began raiding in the early medieval period. To this day, pirates hijack ships off the coast of Somalia. But ninjas, which supposedly started assassinating people in feudal Japan, no longer exist. Their use was cut short by the invention of steamships (aka American Commodore Matthew Perry).

Or perhaps, ninjas never existed in the first place. There has never been a single mention of a "ninja" in a document before the 1800s.

Quote from Joel Levy, Ninja: the Shadow Warrior
...Some contend that the ninja is almost entirely a cultural artifact, and that it has no existence....

Also, don't forget the inverse ninja law: the more ninja there are, the less effective they become. aka a group of ninjas fall to a single hero, while a single ninja can assassinate a large group.

Obviously, pirates PWN:
Pirates
Win against
Ninjas

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Mar 17 2010, 3:20 am Vi3t-X Post #163

Is there such thing as a modern ninja? If so, Ninjas > Pirates.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 6:01 am poison_us Post #164

Back* from the grave

rayNimagi, there are still ninjas today. Obviously, there are far less of them, but they never became extinct. They're like the dinosaurs living on in Alligators and Crocodiles.

Quote from wikipedia.org/wiki/ninja
Some legends include flight, invisibility...
See, they're there. You just can't see them. Also:
Quote from wikipedia.org/wiki/ninja
The word shinobi did not exist to describe a ninja-like agent until the 15th century...
Shinobi basically = ninja...

Mar 17 2010, 6:41 am Jack Post #165

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I am an online ninja, therefore ninjas still exist.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 17 2010, 7:46 am rockz Post #166

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I challenge the ninja side to find me someone cooler than this badass.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 17 2010, 7:56 am Jack Post #167

You asked for it.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 17 2010, 2:17 pm OlimarandLouie Post #168

:awesome:

None.

Mar 17 2010, 3:15 pm KrayZee Post #169

One Ninja that can take on Gordon Freeman.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 3:18 pm OlimarandLouie Post #170

Best. Ninja. Ever.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 3:20 pm Devourer Post #171

Hello

On land: Ninjas > Pirates, otherwise the pirates will win.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Mar 17 2010, 3:31 pm KrayZee Post #172

Quote from Devourer
On land: Ninjas > Pirates, otherwise the pirates will win.
On water, Ryu Hayabusa can run on water and fight at the same time. Sam Fisher can grab pirates like a shark and make them drown.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 4:03 pm Wing Zero Post #173

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I'm actually curious who decided to compare two completely different categorys? of warriors? that would never even encounter each other. I honestly think it should be pirates vs navy and ninjas vs some sort of organised group? I do realise I'm asking to get trolled but you really can't compare something that has no common ground. :hurr: vs :massimo: can work because they are BOTH sen smileys.

Mar 17 2010, 4:38 pm NudeRaider Post #174

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Thanks for clearing that up Wing Zero, but now back to fun, shall we?

Mar 17 2010, 6:02 pm rockz Post #175

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Jack

You asked for it.
Notable achievements
Destroys 3 ships, one of which with a sword, another with a ninpo attack. Various other mechanical ships are also most certainly destroyed. Defeating Dragons and various other dragon stuff. Defeating some fiends.

Harlock destroys countless numbers of ships. Saves the entire planet against a massive alien attack. Drinks milk. Can sense ninjas and shit in the room if there is one in there. Badass enough to fight a race of NOTHING BUT WOMEN. Has guns. Harlock wins.
Quote from KrayZee
>implying gordon freeman is a pirate.
I also don't see Sam Fisher being described a a ninja anywhere in the wikipedia article. If we start including people like him, then Jason Bourne and Jack Bauer would be ninjas. That would lead to including chuck norris. Where would it end?

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 17 2010, 8:20 pm Vi3t-X Post #176

Pirates are predominately criminals. :P

None.

Mar 17 2010, 10:00 pm Jack Post #177

Ninjas were actually pretty much all criminals too. They were bandits with skillz.

Red classic.

Mar 17 2010, 11:04 pm KrayZee Post #178

Quote from rockz
Quote from KrayZee
>implying gordon freeman is a pirate.
I also don't see Sam Fisher being described a a ninja anywhere in the wikipedia article. If we start including people like him, then Jason Bourne and Jack Bauer would be ninjas. That would lead to including chuck norris. Where would it end?
Gordon isn't a pirate. Though he earned the fame being one of the best video game characters of all time. If you actually played the Splinter Cell games, there are conversations where they refer Sam as a ninja. But yes, Jason Bourne are Jack Bauer are ninjas if you consider it, as well as Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, and Jackie Chan. Sub-Zero and Scorpion are notable ninjas. Don't forget Shinobi.

Also Captain Harlock saves the entire planet? Such a cliché plot that can involve anyone save the entire planet (Try to elaborate on the plot). Anyone is capable of saving the planet... Destroying ships with what? Wikipedia presenting Captain Harlock doesn't provide much information. Fighting all-women race? Really? Guns is nothing compared to ninjas. Ninjas can dodge bullets easily, and dash their way to cut the guy's head off. Sam Fisher single handedly (Spoilers) prevented World War III (Which by far in terms of fiction, this is the most realistic) a couple of times, prevented a virus from killing millions of Americans, prevented a nuclear holocaust, and such. (/end spoilers) The Splinter Cells in Conviction have Krav Maga, and are more than capable of disarming anyone when they least expect it. And yes, ninjas use guns too. Guns that have special attachments/gadgets such as the iconic sticky camera.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 11:24 pm Super Duper Post #179

And how do pirates dress up this easily?

None.

Mar 18 2010, 12:33 am poison_us Post #180

Back* from the grave

http://artofthetitle2.com/media/film/2008.mov

Quote from rockz

I challenge the ninja side to find me someone cooler than this badass.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 11 >
  Back to forum