Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Ninja vs Pirate!
Ninja vs Pirate!
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 28 2007, 5:46 pm
By: Moogle
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 >

Mar 18 2010, 1:13 am Wing Zero Post #181

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

That's it! I officially quit Null. All its gotten me is negative karma anyway :hurr: :massimo:

Mar 18 2010, 1:40 am LoTu)S Post #182

On Spike TV, there was a certain show called "The deadliest Warrior", if you watched it, you'll know wut im gonna say.
its a show that competes 2 warriors that never would have met, such as Viking vs. Samurai. Now, Ninja and pirate were never pitted against each other but still they went against other interesting warriors. Info of the match is based upon the weapons both warriors had, and how they can use it. Now, the ninja was up against the spartan, obviously spartan won because of his shield, armor, and spears. Ninja had only his shuriken, sickle and chain ( w/e it was) and his "egg bombs" contains material able to temporary blind the opponent. Pirate went against the knight, which to a surprise, the pirate won, because he was more technologically advance with his blunderbuss and other guns.
From a technological standpoint,fighting 1v1 pirate would win. Stealth wise, ninja would win, because they assassinate, rather than go head on. The battle is situational though, really.

None.

Mar 18 2010, 2:10 am OlimarandLouie Post #183

Quote from Wing Zero
That's it! I officially quit Null. All its gotten me is negative karma anyway :hurr: :massimo:
Is that positive karma I see on your post?

None.

Mar 18 2010, 5:21 am rayNimagi Post #184

Ninjas learned their skills from Chinese pirates raiding on the Japanese coast. Thus pirates were the forerunners of ninjas, and obviously their masters.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Mar 18 2010, 5:59 am KrayZee Post #185

I'm disappointed through the ignorance (I'm not making it as an insult, but people are totally uninformed) of people when they don't understand Ninjas, especially ones like Ryu Hayabusa.

Quote from LoTu)S
Ninja and pirate were never pitted against each other but still they went against other interesting warriors. Info of the match is based upon the weapons both warriors had, and how they can use it. Now, the ninja was up against the spartan, obviously spartan won because of his shield, armor, and spears. Ninja had only his shuriken, sickle and chain ( w/e it was) and his "egg bombs" contains material able to temporary blind the opponent. Pirate went against the knight, which to a surprise, the pirate won, because he was more technologically advance with his blunderbuss and other guns.
From a technological standpoint,fighting 1v1 pirate would win. Stealth wise, ninja would win, because they assassinate, rather than go head on. The battle is situational though, really.
Ryu Hayabusa can take on a pirate with just a dash attack (Or "Flying Swallows") and it's over before it even started.
Ryu Hayabusa can kill technologically advanced soldiers that have way tougher armor than the modern military. Which by the way, is far more technologically advanced than a stupid blunderbuss or guns that use gunpowder. He can take on guys with rocket launchers which is far more devastating than a 19th Century cannon. He can take on several horsemen on the second level of Ninja Gaiden 1/Black, which are more than capable of being knights. Hell, trying to survive mission modes is not only hard, but also shows how a solo ninja called Ryu Hayabusa can take on so many tough enemies at once if played well. He can also run and fight on water at the same time.

http://ninjagaiden.wikia.com/wiki/Ninja_Gaiden_II_Weapons

Intro of Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODBtxChHb-c

Video from Ninja Gaiden II Sigma:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZWpCSwR4ec

None.

Mar 18 2010, 6:02 am LoTu)S Post #186

Sorry, i was assuming that the warriors we're talking about are straight from their time. Otherwise...(yes i played Ninja Gaiden, i beat Master Ninja mode), from a more modern view, ninjas would win.
Also wouldnt such games imply that ninjas can be adaptive to the changes around them? Obviously i dont see a pirate game that doesnt take place beyond the era of wooden ships?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 18 2010, 6:16 am by LoTu)S.

None.

Mar 18 2010, 8:05 am rockz Post #187

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Harlock destroys the entire Mazone fleet with guns from his ship, the arcadia, as well as his laser pistol. Harlock's reflexes are at least equal to that of a ninja's.

Fighting an entire species of female-looking aliens is tough, due to their looks. The mazone are actually asexual, and thus a female body suits them more for taking over the world. It's easy to fight monsters and men, but much harder to fight someone you are attracted to. Why else are the best villains women?

All heroes save the world in some way. Ryu simply saved it from a war which would cause massive destruction across the planet. Earth would survive pretty well. That leaves saving the world from mythical creatures. How many did he face? Surely not as many Mazone as Harlock. There was no chance for Earth to survive had Harlock not saved them (politicians would rather play golf than defend the Earth. It's a lot like futurama and zap brannigan).

On top of that, Harlock does all this without any supernatural powers, unlike Ryu, who has to rely on being half dragon, or something like that.

The only thing I could see which could rival space pirates would be space ninjas, but even then, most of their "ninjability" is lost in space, isn't it? However, introducing "space" is cheap and shouldn't be used in the classic debate.

Including soldiers in the ninja category is ridiculous, not to mention unfair to the debate. Jack Bauer can't die, for one, Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris, and Jason Bourne is a $30 million psychopathic killer. An assassin isn't necessarily a ninja. A ninja is an assassin. There is a distinct difference in being a soldier and a mercenary. Ninjas are mercenaries, not soldiers.

Also, kung fu panda is a samurai, not a ninja. However, Fatalexception's ninja does hold a special place in my heart.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 18 2010, 2:32 pm NinjaOtis Post #188

Does Rurouni Kenshin count as a ninja?

None.

Mar 18 2010, 5:41 pm rockz Post #189

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

obviously not--he is a ronin, and often described as samurai-x.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 18 2010, 6:43 pm Ashamed Post #190

Hear me Raor!!

Quote from name:Ciara

And how do pirates dress up this easily?
lol me and my friend actually did this once, went to a play dressed up and then ordered some Good Times :)

None.

Mar 19 2010, 1:53 am KrayZee Post #191

Quote from rockz
On top of that, Harlock does all this without any supernatural powers, unlike Ryu, who has to rely on being half dragon, or something like that..
WTF?!? "A clan of ninja that has spiritual, physical, and magical ties to ancient Dragons" doesn't mean he's part dragon otherwise he'd look like a reptile in humanoid form that could fly and breathe fire. From there, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Quote from Ninja Gaiden wiki
As a ninja Ryu is in perfect physical condition though he has quite a muscular built, this does not render his outstanding speed and agility which allows him to perform the most complex of aerial acrobatics and while being in such built he is so strong that he is capable of wielding the most enormous of weapons and still being able to perform amazingly fast swings.

It could be considered that he's is able to maneuver in such a manner for the fact that he is a descendant of the Dragon Warriors, however Ryu doesn't appear to care much about his inherited super strength and only considers that he is strong for his training, as he explained to Rachel.

Quote from rockz
Harlock destroys the entire Mazone fleet with guns from his ship, the arcadia, as well as his laser pistol. Harlock's reflexes are at least equal to that of a ninja's.

Fighting an entire species of female-looking aliens is tough, due to their looks. The mazone are actually asexual, and thus a female body suits them more for taking over the world. It's easy to fight monsters and men, but much harder to fight someone you are attracted to. Why else are the best villains women?

All heroes save the world in some way. Ryu simply saved it from a war which would cause massive destruction across the planet. Earth would survive pretty well. That leaves saving the world from mythical creatures. How many did he face? Surely not as many Mazone as Harlock. There was no chance for Earth to survive had Harlock not saved them (politicians would rather play golf than defend the Earth. It's a lot like futurama and zap brannigan).

The only thing I could see which could rival space pirates would be space ninjas, but even then, most of their "ninjability" is lost in space, isn't it? However, introducing "space" is cheap and shouldn't be used in the classic debate.

Including soldiers in the ninja category is ridiculous, not to mention unfair to the debate. Jack Bauer can't die, for one, Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris, and Jason Bourne is a $30 million psychopathic killer. An assassin isn't necessarily a ninja. A ninja is an assassin. There is a distinct difference in being a soldier and a mercenary. Ninjas are mercenaries, not soldiers.
You're telling me that fighting beautiful women is difficult? That sounds so dumb. There are boss fights where they are females, and Ryu Hayabusa fights them. You're trying to consider that males will have a tough time attacking females based on looks? In real life, whether beautiful or not, either gender can get raped or killed regardless of how sexy looking they are. if a beautiful woman is trying to kill you and/or the entire planet, and you know it, how the hell does appearance stop you from attacking them? Queen Marie Antoinette of France had her head cut off and the people who wanted her and King Louis XVI dead didn't really care about her looks. Queen Brunhilda of Austrasia was torn apart where each limb was connected to a horse.

You're saying "Space", right? In reality, one tiny scrap metal can demolish a space ship (Ever recall the close call International Space Station incident?) if you're considering "ninjability" is lost in space. In words, ninjas can adapt the harshest existence in reality and fiction, and they too can adapt outer space.

So you're saying Ninjas are not soldiers? Sam Fisher is a soldier and through dialogue, non-playable characters had considered him as a ninja. If the latest Splinter Cell game had connected his fighting style, and other Splinter Cells, to Jack Bauer, Jason Bourne, James Bond, and Chuck Norris, then they are ninjas too. A ninja like Sam Fisher can bypass guards like a ghost, doesn't have to kill or knock them out, and therefore can complete his missions to prevent enormous catastrophes without getting detected.

None.

Mar 19 2010, 3:58 am rockz Post #192

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Sure. Paris Hilton is rich because of her extensive acting career, not because of her parent's money.

How can a ninja adapt in space? Battles take place in vehicles, where physical strength, stealth, and agility is all trumped by technology. They would no longer be ninjas. They would more likely become pirates.

Ninjas are mercenaries, not soldiers. They are hired to kill someone/perform some specific task, then released of their duty. Soldiers are employees of a larger army, and generally compensated in some way for their services. Sam Fisher may be like a ninja, but he is not a ninja. If you start expanding that, then I'll have to expand the pirate definition to include Angela Lansbury.

I would presume that for space travel to work well enough for space pirates to exist, there would be a solution to the space junk problem.

Mar 19 2010, 4:27 am KrayZee Post #193

Quote from rockz
How can a ninja adapt in space? Battles take place in vehicles, where physical strength, stealth, and agility is all trumped by technology. They would no longer be ninjas. They would more likely become pirates.

Ninjas are mercenaries, not soldiers. They are hired to kill someone/perform some specific task, then released of their duty. Soldiers are employees of a larger army, and generally compensated in some way for their services. Sam Fisher may be like a ninja, but he is not a ninja. If you start expanding that, then I'll have to expand the pirate definition to include Angela Lansbury.

I would presume that for space travel to work well enough for space pirates to exist, there would be a solution to the space junk problem.
Terran Ghosts are ninjas. In which they can lockdown Captain Harlock's space ship (In StarCraft Ghost, a lockdown on a space ship/air craft will make them fall and crash). You're suggesting ninjas don't use technology (That's like saying Ninjas only use specific weapons but in fact Ryu Hayabusa, for example, can expand his weapon arsenal)?

There are ninjas: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ninja
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja it refers ninjas as "covert ops" (It also said "Or" if you're going to refer mercenary, they don't have to be mercenaries) meaning Splinter Cells are ninjas (In fact, Splinter Cells are notably known as spies), as well as Terran Ghosts. Splinter Cells generally wear camouflage outfits or black wetsuits and wear balaclavas to even appear as ninjas. In Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, on versus mode, the spies can turn invisible. Terran Ghosts can already turn invisible.

None.

Mar 19 2010, 6:18 am Generalpie Post #194

Staredit Puckwork

ChuckNorris>Ninja>Pirate
but the topic is pirates versus ninjas. I vote ninjas.

None.

Mar 19 2010, 8:14 am rockz Post #195

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

You are smearing the term ninja to apply to anything that uses stealth. We should change it to "criminals on boats vs anything that can sneak around"

I'm suggesting that when fighting in a ship to ship battle, what does it matter who has better skills at catching arrows and dodging bullets? The skill of the pilot is heavily augmented by technology, reducing any advantage the ninja may have to zero.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 19 2010, 8:19 am by rockz.

Mar 19 2010, 12:13 pm Vi3t-X Post #196

Quote from name:Merriam Webster
Ninja

Main Entry: nin·ja
Pronunciation: \ˈnin-jə, -(ˌ)jä\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural ninja also ninjas
Etymology: Japanese, from nin- persevere, conceal, move stealthily + -ja person
Date: 1964

: a person trained in ancient Japanese martial arts and employed especially for espionage and assassinations

Quote from name:Free Dictionary
ninja - a member of the ninja who were trained in martial arts and hired for espionage or sabotage or assassinations; a person skilled in Ninjutsu

None.

Mar 19 2010, 12:26 pm MadZombie Post #197

I mean it would only be fair to include space pirates if you are going to bring in Ryu Hayabusa (lol FF corrections) who uses enchanted equipment.

No wait it's bee brought up nvm. Let's just remove "Space/alien/lava/cyber/enchanted/loli/chibi/modern/edible/berzerker Pirate-Ninja's out of this. I mean whats the point. It goes: Ninajs vs pirates OMG X wins! But what about modern pirates with theiw new tech omg they win! No but CYBER ninjas from another diemension would have better tech. THEY WIN! NO BUT SPACE ZOMBIE PIRATES ARE IMMORTAL THEY WIN!

Srsly. Let's leave it at skill or categories really.

Ninja can obviously best pirates in some aspects and pirates have their own aspects that overcome the ninja's. Make a list and who ever has the most 'counters' is The ultimate Warrior :3

And how do pirates dress up this easily?

Why would a pirate need a uniform? They don't need to conceal anything. Pirates wear all that shit in the movies because they put it on once and never take it off. It's like like putting on like 2 t shirts and a blazer on really. Anything else is just to get respect in his or her habitat.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 19 2010, 12:36 pm by MadZombie.

None.

Mar 19 2010, 2:07 pm KrayZee Post #198

Modern pirates are Somali pirates. Navy SEALs pwn'd them when rescuing a Captain. And Sam Fisher was once a Navy SEAL before becoming a Splinter Cell.

None.

Mar 19 2010, 6:22 pm rockz Post #199

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from MadZombie
I mean whats the point. It goes: Ninajs vs pirates OMG X wins! But what about modern pirates with theiw new tech omg they win! No but CYBER ninjas from another diemension would have better tech. THEY WIN! NO BUT SPACE ZOMBIE PIRATES ARE IMMORTAL THEY WIN!
Which is why Angela Lansbury is the ultimate fighter. If she doesn't like the outcome, she calls for a rewrite.

Mar 19 2010, 6:24 pm Vrael Post #200

What about....

Ninjapirate vs. Pirateninja?

That is to say, a Ninja who became a pirate, vs a Pirate who became a ninja? Who wins then?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 >
  Back to forum