Staredit Network > Forums > > Topic: Summer Midnight Modnight Madness!
Summer Midnight Modnight Madness!
May 15 2008, 1:15 am
By: Polaris
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >

May 22 2008, 7:23 pm FlyingHat Post #61

Quote from Excalibur
Two 8ps currently in-progress by myself:
Deja Entendu

Starcraft (To be renamed. :X )

Also the amazing map making duo, Testbug and Crackling have said they will make us an 8p. For anyone who played (7)Seven Sins on earlier mod nights, that was Testbug's handywork. Both of them have won Map Of The Month contests on BWMN. Expect epicness.
HolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshitery

Can we expect a huge map with lots of rescources mode for playing with AO specifically?

None.

May 22 2008, 7:26 pm Polaris Post #62

Quote from FlyingHat
HolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshiteryHolyshitery

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

May 22 2008, 7:30 pm Excalibur Post #63

The sword and the faith

Im also going to make a 256x256 Fastest just for Corbo. :P

And i might make alternate versions for gas only mods or recource intensive mods like AO.

Im glad you guys like the works in progress. I just have to doodad them and play with expo placement. :D

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

May 22 2008, 7:37 pm Polaris Post #64

Quote from Excalibur
And i might make alternate versions for gas only mods or recource intensive mods like AO.
Dont forget MoH too, thats fairly resource intensive.

May 22 2008, 7:40 pm Excalibur Post #65

The sword and the faith

Id also like to ask anyone who can easily update any of their mods to 1.15 does so, as i think if i was a first time participant, the downgrading would be a reason i might not come. The easier and convenient we can make this for the people involved the better.

However i do understand some mods on some versions cant be or cannot with ease be coverted and so we'll have to do what we can there.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

May 22 2008, 7:41 pm IskatuMesk Post #66

Lord of the Locker Room

So basically I had planned to actually completely finish AO by mid june with the help of p_q but since the unforeseen issue occured with iscript's size limit... Unless a way is found to make iscript handle larger sizes, AO really is dead for good.

I will however be able to update the actual AI script and make two difficulties out of it + enable the one unit we did get working (the Doom Dragon, t6).

I MIGHT be able to get the Damnation working... I have to check if breath of fire axes the limit or not.

Also... I'll make two versions of the mod. One with the limit expander, one without. Although I suspect there will be major gameplay issues with the latter considering like 4 Oblivions max the weapon/sprite limit, it's better than nothing.

edit -

Additionally, make sure there is no spell effects or special buildings being placed in any of those maps. There is a good chance they can crash or cause major oddities with most of my mods.

Edit 2 -

If you want to make AO versions, all of the ramps must be widened for the larger units to be able to pass through.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 22 2008, 8:28 pm by IskatuMesk.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

May 22 2008, 8:35 pm Excalibur Post #67

The sword and the faith

Most ramps are widened. The few that are small i think are fine even for AO. ;)

Quote from IskatuMesk

edit -

Additionally, make sure there is no spell effects or special buildings being placed in any of those maps. There is a good chance they can crash or cause major oddities with most of my mods.

I cant promise this. There are times when mappers must be limited to the players benifit but i believe that only goes so far. If they crash only on AO, im sorry to say thats a price im willing to pay.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

May 22 2008, 8:40 pm IskatuMesk Post #68

Lord of the Locker Room

It's okay. I can always edit the maps myself.

And it wouldn't be only AO; it'd be most of my conversions seeing as most of them change spells like dark swarm and change the special buildings.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

May 23 2008, 12:23 am Corbo Post #69

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from Excalibur
Im also going to make a 256x256 Fastest just for Corbo. :P

Ahhhh YES!

Now, that's what I'm talking about!

fuck you all

May 23 2008, 11:48 am Excalibur Post #70

The sword and the faith

Fastest C O R B O is finished. 256x256. :D

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

May 24 2008, 2:15 am A_of-s_t Post #71

aka idmontie

I sure hope I can stay up the whole night and still be ready for orientation :P.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 24 2008, 4:12 am IskatuMesk Post #72

Lord of the Locker Room

I might even install SC 1.15 for this.

May 24 2008, 1:36 pm Excalibur Post #73

The sword and the faith

If anyone remembers (8)Plutonian Shores, the ice 8 player map we played at times, its author, Nightmarjoo is doing some updates on it just for us for SMMM. If Crackling/Testbug also deliver, we should have some epic maps. :D

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

May 24 2008, 7:05 pm Polaris Post #74

Okay guys, I am making the official date on June 21st. Any objections?

May 24 2008, 9:00 pm IskatuMesk Post #75

Lord of the Locker Room

Hopefully I'll remember.

Send me the maps beforehand so I can make appropriate adjustments to them.

May 24 2008, 11:10 pm Excalibur Post #76

The sword and the faith

As soon as the pack is completed ill send it to you mesk and then hopefuly we can release the pack and your modified versions at the same time, in the same download, further simplifing the process.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

May 26 2008, 6:50 am WoAHorde Post #77

Add Coalescent - 1.15.

None.

May 26 2008, 2:47 pm Polaris Post #78

Quote from WoAHorde
Add Coalescent - 1.15.
Done

May 26 2008, 9:06 pm A_of-s_t Post #79

aka idmontie

Add my minimod which Im working on: CvH -- Critters vs. Hunters.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 26 2008, 9:19 pm Symmetry Post #80

Dungeon Master

I might take an hour some day and throw together an 8p map like Ex has been doing. It won't be good, but it'll be interesting :P

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum