Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Egg Ball v2
Egg Ball v2
May 12 2008, 12:02 am
By: Demented Shaman
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >

May 30 2008, 7:11 pm Impersonation Post #61

So do they get centered on each of the Y locations and the Y' locations or just Y14 and Y'14?

None.

May 30 2008, 7:20 pm Demented Shaman Post #62

Quote from Impersonation
So do they get centered on each of the Y locations and the Y' locations or just Y14 and Y'14?
It depends on what I'm doing.

When I'm trying to determine a unit's location I find out what row and column it's in. To find out the row, I center the big Y Location on each of the smaller Y locations checking each time to see if the unit is there. To find out the column, I just center each X location one by one on the Y14 location. The row, y14, is just an arbitrary row that I center the x locations on, it's just to get the X locations on the left or right edge. Finally, I center the long X location the small x locations to be able to check if a unit is anywhere in the entire row.

When I'm trying to place something at a specific location I first look at what the Y coordinate is as well as what the X coordinate is. Based on the Y coordinate I center location "loc" on one of the smaller Y locations. Based on the X coordinate I know whether to center it on the small left Y or the small right Y, because there are two small Y locations, but they're on opposite sides of the map.

Centering loc on one of those Y locations isolates the position of the Y coordinate I'm trying to place a unit at. Then I take whatever X location is necessary based on the X coordinate, and I center it on "loc". That gives me the proper x coordinate along the row that loc is in.

Finally, I just center a small location (I think it's loc reused) on that X location, which just represents one grid square and it gets centered in the middle of the X location.

None.

Jul 20 2008, 10:23 pm Brontobyte Post #63

[/delete] Wrong topic... :lol:

None.

Dec 27 2008, 8:16 pm Demented Shaman Post #64

UPDATED. NOW WORKS WITH PATCH 1.16

http://www.staredit.net/?file=386

None.

Dec 27 2008, 8:50 pm Kaias Post #65

Ultimately the egg selecting system is pointless. It isn't a convenient or fun way to control the ball. People jumping into the map take a long time to understand what is going on. Once everyone actually knows what's going on, it's mostly just a game of who end up with the ball.

In the end, it would have just been better just to control the scourge regularly. The work put into the bounce system and movement system would have been better spent in making a dynamic reflection system.

It is professionally made though, and I'm sure full teams of people who are actually good at it would make it much more entertaining. Good luck getting that though.

None.

Dec 27 2008, 9:05 pm Demented Shaman Post #66

Quote from Kaias
Ultimately the egg selecting system is pointless. It isn't a convenient or fun way to control the ball. People jumping into the map take a long time to understand what is going on. Once everyone actually knows what's going on, it's mostly just a game of who end up with the ball.

In the end, it would have just been better just to control the scourge regularly. The work put into the bounce system and movement system would have been better spent in making a dynamic reflection system.

It is professionally made though, and I'm sure full teams of people who are actually good at it would make it much more entertaining. Good luck getting that though.
Of course the egg system is pointless, but then again look at the first post of this topic

Quote from name:Mayor
EGG BALL

EPIC NEW MAP USES EUD :omfg: :omfg: :omfg:
WHEN YOU HIT THE BALL IT BOUNCES OFF YOUR BALL :omfg: :omfg: :omfg:
AWESOME SPECIAL FX DURING COLLISIONS :omfg: :omfg: :omfg:

SCORE GOALS BY GETTING IT INTO THE OTHER GOAL :omfg: :omfg: :omfg:

DOWNLOAD

http://www.staredit.net/files/386/

WARNING - PICTURES WILL MAKE YOU ORGASM
http://i29.tinypic.com/11gmtsj.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/34raeqa.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/1127j93.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/2rvzbx5.jpg

It's really just a fun/stupid concept map.

I also find it amazing how long it takes some people on battle.net to learn how to play. They'll sit there for a good five minutes trying to move their scourge while everyone else is moving in circles around them. :lol: You could easily explain it to them, but its fun watching them struggle.

Anyway there are gameplay aspects to this that doesn't just make it whoever gets to the ball first, if one actually plays it more than once. You might not have noticed but there's a mineral meter.

None.

Dec 27 2008, 9:28 pm Pigy_G Post #67

You should make another egg that lets you stop your scrouge.

None.

Dec 27 2008, 9:31 pm Demented Shaman Post #68

Quote from Pigy_G
You should make another egg that lets you stop your scrouge.
What do you think the center egg does? :bleh:

None.

Dec 27 2008, 10:10 pm Pigy_G Post #69

NO U :[

None.

Dec 28 2008, 6:20 pm scwizard Post #70

So this is the map you needed EUD help for.

I'm glad that you manged to figure everything out.

Will download and take this for a spin on battle net :)

None.

Dec 28 2008, 7:21 pm Demented Shaman Post #71

Quote from scwizard
So this is the map you needed EUD help for.

I'm glad that you manged to figure everything out.

Will download and take this for a spin on battle net :)
Actually I was originally asking for EUD help so I could update my futbol map, http://www.staredit.net/?file=306

However, this was another map that needed to be updated.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 11:51 pm konflikt Post #72

Haha this game is the shit =P But since the ball is a Scourge also, it's hard to tell where it is o.O;;

None.

Dec 30 2008, 1:45 am BlackWolf99 Post #73

one wierd map

None.

Dec 30 2008, 1:46 am Devourer Post #74

Hello

Quote from BlackWolf99
one wierd map
Well... the beginning is hard... because the controls made me thinking like "what the fu is going on?!"
but after some clicking you get used to it ;o

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Dec 30 2008, 1:48 am BlackWolf99 Post #75

so hard to find anyone to play this with! grrr
need to get use to controls

None.

Jul 23 2009, 6:48 am Demented Shaman Post #76

It's a lot of fun once you learn the controls.

I encourage everyone to play this map.

None.

Jul 23 2009, 6:27 pm Demented Shaman Post #77

I'm working on a v2 that is focused on being more user friendly. I've had my fun watching people struggle to learn how to play and now I want them to quickly be able to learn how to play without having to explain it every time.

So what I've done for the new version is made it so that if you select your scourge it will deselect automatically and give you the message "Select the eggs, not your scourge."

I've also moved the force meter from minerals to the leaderboard so each player's force is visible to everyone else. Left team and right team goals are now displayed as minerals and gas, which looks better anyway.

The way force works has also been changed a little. The cap has increased from 5 to 60. You lose one force each collision per trigger cycle and you cannot regain force during a collision. When you are not in a collision you regain force once per cycle.

All these changes have just been made today. Once I get a little testing done, I'll release the new version, which will probably be sometime later today.

None.

Jul 23 2009, 7:37 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #78

I have absolutly no reason to play this map. Your post was loud, annoying, gave no information, and your pictures gave no details. Next time, try putting some effort into your post :bash:

None.

Jul 23 2009, 7:52 pm Demented Shaman Post #79

Quote from m.0.n.3.y
I have absolutly no reason to play this map. Your post was loud, annoying, gave no information, and your pictures gave no details. Next time, try putting some effort into your post :bash:
Thanks. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

And btw, that post is better than most of the posts in this forum. :rolleyes:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 23 2009, 8:13 pm by Pariah.

None.

Jul 23 2009, 11:40 pm UnholyUrine Post #80

Doesn't mean it doesn't suck :O!!!! j/k

meh~ I've played it and it's hard to get used to...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum