Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Egg Ball v2
Egg Ball v2
May 12 2008, 12:02 am
By: Demented Shaman
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >

May 12 2008, 7:13 pm Demented Shaman Post #21

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from name:devilesk
All you would have to do is out move the other defenders and then make it into the goal.
Which is what you should be doing for the whole game. And part of the game is defense, any decent player wouldn't let you easily get around.

You seem to be getting side tracked. All that I am saying is that you have an advantage for starting in player 2 and player ~6's position. Now yes, granted that both of the players hit the right/left egg at the same exact time and the game explodes, it would be fair.
You don't have an advantage in any spot.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:17 pm Brontobyte Post #22

Ok, then answer me this: Which position has the smallest line to the ball? The middle obviously. The faster and less moves you would have to preform to get to the ball, the easier it would be to score a goal. Advantage?

None.

May 12 2008, 7:17 pm Demented Shaman Post #23

Quote from Brontobyte

Ok, then answer me this: Which position has the smallest line to the ball? The middle obviously. The faster and less moves you would have to preform to get to the ball, the easier it would be to score a goal. Advantage?
Getting to the ball faster and making less moves doesn't make it easier to score.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:18 pm Brontobyte Post #24

Getting to the ball faster and making less moves doesn't make it easier to score.

Ok you have a better chance to score then someone who has to make more moves and travel further to get to the same area. :rolleyes:

None.

May 12 2008, 7:19 pm Demented Shaman Post #25

Quote from Brontobyte

Ok you have a [i]better[i] chance to score then someone who has to make more moves and travel further to get to the same area. :rolleyes:
No you don't have a better chance to score.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:21 pm Brontobyte Post #26

Quote from Brontobyte

Ok you have a [i]better[i] chance to score then someone who has to make more moves and travel further to get to the same area. :rolleyes:

You couldn't at least fix the / mark?

Yes you would. If you have to travel a longer distance at the same speed and make more turns then someone who just has to travel straight and then ward off an opposing defender then yes. I would say that you have a better chance then someone who had to travel further/more turns...

None.

May 12 2008, 7:23 pm Demented Shaman Post #27

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from Brontobyte

You couldn't at least fix the / mark?

Yes you would. If you have to travel a longer distance at the same speed and make more turns then someone who just has to travel straight and then ward off an opposing defender then yes. I would say that you have a better chance then someone who had to travel further/more turns...
No you wouldn't have a better chance. The other person will take the ball from you right after you get it.

I only fix problems and imbalances. There are none.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:25 pm Brontobyte Post #28

If your not willing to admit that there is at least a slight increase of the odds then I don't even care. What you are stating is that if both of the teams went at the same exact time and then one had the ball and the other would take it. What is the chance of this happening? [/provesApoint]

None.

May 12 2008, 7:26 pm Demented Shaman Post #29

Quote from Brontobyte
If your not willing to admit that there is at least a slight increase of the odds then I don't even care. What you are stating is that if both of the teams went at the same exact time and then one had the ball and the other would take it. What is the chance of this happening? [/provesApoint]
No, they aren't meeting at the exact same time. One is getting it first, but as soon as the other person gets to it the ball will be lost for the first person.

I don't admit to things that are clearly false.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:29 pm Brontobyte Post #30

No, they aren't meeting at the exact same time. One is getting it first, but as soon as the other person gets to it the ball will be lost for the first person.

How do you not agree with this? It makes perfect sense. All of this "but as soon as the other person gets to it the ball will be lost for the first person" is at the slight chance that both players move and went for the ball and one of them got there first and the other one was their second and would take the ball. This is not what I'm talking about. I simply stated that they players in the middle have a better chance, period.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:30 pm Demented Shaman Post #31

Quote from Brontobyte

How do you not agree with this? It makes perfect sense. All of this "but as soon as the other person gets to it the ball will be lost for the first person" is at the slight chance that both players move and went for the ball and one of them got there first and the other one was their second and would take the ball. This is not what I'm talking about. I simply stated that they players in the middle have a better chance, end of story.
Better chance of what? Getting to the ball first? I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm saying it's not an advantage and does not help in scoring. The fact that they get to the ball first sets it up so that the other person gets to the ball second, which I have stated allows them to take the ball.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:33 pm Brontobyte Post #32

I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm saying it's not an advantage and does not help in scoring. The fact that they get to the ball first sets it up so that the other person gets to the ball second, which I have stated allows them to take the ball.

The other person getting to the ball would imply that they were right on top of them as they got it or before the other player would move out of the way. You don't just have to go straight for the goal from when you start. Who's not to say that they give it to a team player (granted that you can) or even if they bring it back to their side or keep it?

None.

May 12 2008, 7:34 pm Demented Shaman Post #33

Quote from Brontobyte
I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm saying it's not an advantage and does not help in scoring. The fact that they get to the ball first sets it up so that the other person gets to the ball second, which I have stated allows them to take the ball.

The other person getting to the ball would imply that they were right on top of them as they got it or before the other player would move out of the way. You don't just have to go straight for the goal from when you start. Who's not to say that they give it to a team player (granted that you can) or even if they bring it back to their side or keep it?
Clearly you haven't played the map.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:36 pm Brontobyte Post #34

Yes I have:
Oops, time options don't work, lulz. I'll fix them in another version :P

Thats what I was going to say... :P[/quote]

Any who, you don't disagree that the person(s) who is in the middle has a better chance of getting the ball before the player(s) on the outside do. My point proven. :bleh:

None.

May 12 2008, 7:37 pm Demented Shaman Post #35

Quote from Brontobyte

Yes I have:
Oops, time options don't work, lulz. I'll fix them in another version :P

Thats what I was going to say... :P

Any who, you don't disagree that the person(s) who is in the middle has a better chance of getting the ball before the player(s) on the outside do. My point proven. :bleh:
Your point isn't proven. There is no imbalance.

And you clearly don't even know how to play or the strategy involved if you can't see why.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:42 pm Brontobyte Post #36

I'm not disagreeing with that.

I can't believe your serious...

All of this information that you base your responses on are that all of the players in the game know each other, know how to play the game, and know about the strategy in the game. You have to take into account that not everyone created this game. Not everyone will know how to do what, what can or can't be done. What happens when the ball hits a corner, or when it bounces off a wall.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:44 pm Demented Shaman Post #37

Quote from Brontobyte
I'm not disagreeing with that.

I can't believe your serious...

All of this information that you base your responses on are that all of the players in the game know each other, know how to play the game, and know about the strategy in the game. You have to take into account that not everyone created this game. Not everyone will know how to do what, what can or can't be done. What happens when the ball hits a corner, or when it bounces off a wall.
If no one knows how to play then no one has an advantage. Regardless, there still isn't a balance issue. There only is one if when you're trying to argue a situation where there's a pro playing in the center and a noob playing in the corner, which is what you're trying to do.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:46 pm Brontobyte Post #38

If no one knows how to play then no one has an advantage. Regardless, there still isn't a balance issue. There only is one if when you're trying to argue a situation where there's a pro playing in the center and a noob playing in the corner, which is what you're trying to do.

So that scenario is possible. How many people so you see playing games that no one else know how to win or just plain is not good at. This is exactly what I mean when you are playing others in a random public game. (with this map)

None.

May 12 2008, 7:47 pm Demented Shaman Post #39

Quote from Brontobyte

So that scenario is possible. How many people so you see playing games that no one else know how to win or just plain is not good at. This is exactly what I mean when you are playing others in a random public game. (with this map)
Which is why position is not an issue.

None.

May 12 2008, 7:49 pm Brontobyte Post #40

Which is why position is not an issue.

Yes, in a perfect world where people live freely and everything goes the way you want it to be. >:(

I still say that no matter what skill level, getting to the ball is easier if you are in the center position of the map on either side no matter what. :-_-:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >
  Back to forum