Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: This might be just me, but...
This might be just me, but...
Apr 13 2008, 2:14 am
By: FatalException
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Apr 14 2008, 3:12 am DT_Battlekruser Post #41

Well, I hate summer, but don't let me rain on anyone's parade.

Hot weather sucks, and it was like at least 90 this weekend. Not having school is summer's only redeeming feature, but for me it gets really old after a while. That and I have more personal reasons not to want this year to end..

None.

Apr 14 2008, 3:19 am MrrLL Post #42

Yeah, hot and sticky weather can be annoying, but at least you can get comfortable in a pleasing and entertaining way. In the winter time when you're freezing, you can really only turn on the heat to get comfy. In the summer, you can go to the beach, get hot, and go swimming afterwards. There are so many more options open in the summer.. and plus, everybody has a load of more free time.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 3:39 am DT_Battlekruser Post #43

It's California, so it's never really cold in the winter :P Maybe if I lived in Maine...

Actually people I know have less free time in the summer.. whether it's band camp or internships or whatever, nobody is ever around. At least with school everyone is busy doing the same thing (together).

None.

Apr 14 2008, 3:57 am Corbo Post #44

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

It's supposed to be winter here our winter is pure rain and so and it starts on may and last weeks of april but I haven't seen a real winter in a long time (probably since the huracaines two years ago).
But anyway it's damm hot and I hate it. It makes me thirst a lot more therefore makes me want to go to the bathroom more and makes my skin sticky because of the sweating and worse, heat, has this sort of magnet towards bugs & insects when it's really hot you have a lot of insects flying around here and I really hate insects, you have no idea how bad I do.
Besides I very often stay up all night and when I say all night it's from 6PM to 6AM :P and it is A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER TO WORK ON A COLD WEATHER IN WHICH YOU CAN PUT A COAT AND YOU DON'T FEEL IT ANYMORE THAN WORKING ON A HOT WEATHER IN WHICH YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT.

fuck you all

Apr 14 2008, 5:10 am WoAHorde Post #45

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Well, I hate summer, but don't let me rain on anyone's parade.

Hot weather sucks, and it was like at least 90 this weekend. Not having school is summer's only redeeming feature, but for me it gets really old after a while. That and I have more personal reasons not to want this year to end..

Hate Summer? Despite our hundreds of miles of beaches, awesome climate, and tons of free time?

None.

Apr 14 2008, 7:10 am DT_Battlekruser Post #46

The Pacific is always a constant 55F, so beaches are better in the winter when its overcast and there aren't seven people to every square inch of sand. At least that's my opinion, but I'm weird. I don't live on the beach with the nice seabreeze to keep summers at 65-75 degrees. And free time gets really lame when everyone else is out of town/very busy.

A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER TO WORK ON A COLD WEATHER IN WHICH YOU CAN PUT A COAT AND YOU DON'T FEEL IT ANYMORE THAN WORKING ON A HOT WEATHER IN WHICH YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT.

Agreed.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 7:19 am Rantent Post #47

If you can find a coat that gets rid of 20 hours of darkness and -50° and I'll believe you.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 7:30 am MillenniumArmy Post #48

Cold weather freezes people to death, hot weather trains ones body and makes him stronger.

And if the weather is too hot, you can do something about it. Sunblock, shades, taking off your shirt (and if women do this, it'll be pleasing to the eye ;)) The worst times of the day are around 2-5pm but apparently today we spend most of our times indoor surfing the net or playing games or if it's summer we'd be sleeping. One should only complain about hot weather if temperatures go over 90 degrees F because otherwise you can just find some shade or bring one of those fans around with you.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 2:34 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #49

One should only complain about hot weather if temperatures go over 90 degrees F because otherwise you can just find some shade or bring one of those fans around with you.

Yeah, it goes over 90F most days of the summer here.. like I said, it was 90F yesterday and it's April.

If you can find a coat that gets rid of 20 hours of darkness and -50° and I'll believe you.

It's called California - ~16 hours of darkness and +50F :P

None.

Apr 14 2008, 8:03 pm MillenniumArmy Post #50

But the thing is you guys are like right next to the ocean. Almost half your state's border is right next to some body of water :P You at least have something to dive into when it gets too hot. Whereas where I live, we can only rely on the winds generate by our tornadoes to cool us off :P.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 8:12 pm MrrLL Post #51

Me right now: the temperature dropped, and my hands are cold. If this was the summer, I'd be perfectly comfortable right now.. heat comforts me.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 9:48 pm Vi3t-X Post #52

I demand that you convert to the Metric System like the rest of the world!

20*C on average in the GTA o.o

None.

Apr 14 2008, 11:44 pm FatalException Post #53

DTBK, I bet you wouldn't rather live up here in Washington, where it gets down to the 30's in the winter (but it rains, so it sucks), and it's in the 50's and cloudy in spring and fall. Summer is the only good season up here... -_-

And Merrell, I'm a little soaked because the weather went back to crap.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 11:47 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #54

Just here for the activity... well not really

Its pretty warm down here, 294°K

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Apr 14 2008, 11:50 pm FatalException Post #55

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Lucky. :(

... Why are you using Kelvin?

None.

Apr 14 2008, 11:51 pm Symmetry Post #56

Dungeon Master

Quote from Vi3t-X
I demand that you convert to the Metric System like the rest of the world!

I demand that you learn what the Metric System actually is and realize that it has nothing to do with temperature :/

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Apr 15 2008, 12:08 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #57

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from FatalException
Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Lucky. :(

... Why are you using Kelvin?
Boycotting Celcius >:/

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Apr 15 2008, 12:26 am stickynote Post #58

It's 529.2°R where I am. :omfg:

None.

Apr 15 2008, 1:08 am Centreri Post #59

Relatively ancient and inactive

Boycotting Celcius >:/
You're just jealous because Celsius gets more girls then you. Oh, wait.. no, that's right.

I don't know the exact temperature, but it's freezing in the morning (I get up at 5 AM :() and warm in the afternoon.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 2:55 am DT_Battlekruser Post #60

Quote from FatalException
DTBK, I bet you wouldn't rather live up here in Washington, where it gets down to the 30's in the winter (but it rains, so it sucks), and it's in the 50's and cloudy in spring and fall. Summer is the only good season up here... -_-

And Merrell, I'm a little soaked because the weather went back to crap.

Ohhh yes I would. I know people at UW too - it's all about thinking California is too sunny :P

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum