Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: The worst Sin
The worst Sin
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 5 2008, 4:22 pm
By: The Starport
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >

Apr 5 2008, 6:39 pm Syphon Post #41

Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from Tuxlar
If you don't have information on the topic, then either go get some, or don't reply.
Or you could make a comprehensive topic instead of being a total dick to people who want you to explain your direction with this topic better. It's not your job to tell people if they should or should not reply.
Actually I CAN say that. It's a reasonable request. It's up to you to agree with me or not, though.

I can no more say you shouldn't reply here than you can say I shouldn't say that. :P

Or I could just lock the topic (or move it to null) because your topic wouldn't fly if anyone who didn't have a reputation in the community had posted it. It should be the topic creator's job to provide his topic's basis and definitions if he wants to make a good topic. You shouldn't bitch people out for not wanting to look up information you should be providing. If you want to continue this conversation then we'll take it to pms.

I'd move it back. He's free to ask people with whatever belief or stupid not to post. They're free not to listen, and we're free to delete the posts that are too stupid to fit with the current discussion.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 6:41 pm Dapperdan Post #42

Quote from name:devilesk
Well the idea behind sin as I see it is not the specific ends it produces (the 'murder' of someone, as you claim), but the overall logical outcome that comes of using it as a choice. Pride is considered the worst because it leads to some of the worst outcomes overall.

But how so?
"Worst" outcomes?
That's what I'm trying to discuss here. What is "worst", and why is pride considered the main way to get to it?
Well who says pride is considered the main way to get at it? You didn't start the topic out with much information.
Here's yer "information". Among other easy sources.

If you don't have information on the topic, then either go get some, or don't reply. It's common belief that pride is considered the worst.

Now the question is why?

Why are you sourcing a religious base as the premise that pride is so commonly considered the worst sin if this is not a religious topic? :crazy:

Quote from Syphon
I'd move it back. He's free to ask people with whatever belief or stupid not to post. They're free not to listen, and we're free to delete the posts that are too stupid to fit with the current discussion.

Fair enough. There's a bit more to what I was trying to say but there's no reason to get into it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 5 2008, 6:46 pm by Dapperdan.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 6:44 pm lil-Inferno Post #43

Just here for the pie

Wouldn't just destroying all humans, like world domination, be the worst sin someone could ever do? Probably the worst sin of all time was done by Hitler.

Apr 5 2008, 6:48 pm Dapperdan Post #44

Quote from lil-Inferno
Wouldn't just destroying all humans, like world domination, be the worst sin someone could ever do? Probably the worst sin of all time was done by Hitler.

Keep in mind Hitler isn't the only crazy dictator in the history of the world. :ermm:

None.

Apr 5 2008, 6:50 pm Syphon Post #45

Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from lil-Inferno

Keep in mind Hitler isn't the only crazy dictator in the history of the world. :ermm:

I'd say he was the craziest, but that depends on how you feel about the Jews.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 6:50 pm Rantent Post #46

Pooping on your babies. Thats just wrong.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 6:51 pm The Starport Post #47

Quote from Dapperdan
Why are you sourcing a religious base as the premise that pride is so commonly considered the worst sin if this is not a religious topic? :crazy:
Well is it not considered that way elsewhere too?

None.

Apr 5 2008, 6:51 pm Falkoner Post #48

How was he the craziest? He only killed 6 million, Stalin and Mao killed at least 5 times that much each.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 6:55 pm Forsaken Archer Post #49

Pride is not the worst sin. Pride itself isn't a sin. It's an... emotion... or mind set... or something.
And anything like pride can lead to any amount of sins. Jealousy, racism, love, hate....

None.

Apr 5 2008, 6:55 pm Demented Shaman Post #50

Quote from Dapperdan
You tell me, topic creator?

Anyway I just realized the main issue isn't the lack of background information in general, the main issue is your lack of starting the topic out with your opinion on the actual question.

That's just bad topic creation etiquette. I'm not the first to point this issue out as I clearly remember other similar instances of people not starting topics out with their own ideas about the topic itself and then other members upbraiding them for that.

EXAMPLE: http://www.staredit.net/38750/

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:01 pm The Starport Post #51

Anyway I just realized the main issue isn't the lack of background information in general, the main issue is your lack of starting the topic out with your opinion on the actual question.
Not true. Follow the logic of the questions in the first post carefully.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:03 pm Syphon Post #52

Quote from Falkoner
How was he the craziest? He only killed 6 million, Stalin and Mao killed at least 5 times that much each.

...The holocaust did, he killed far, far more. He's the craziest just for the holocaust. Also trying to fight a war on two fronts.

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
Pride is not the worst sin. Pride itself isn't a sin. It's an... emotion... or mind set... or something.
And anything like pride can lead to any amount of sins. Jealousy, racism, love, hate....

It's one of the seven deadly sins, IP.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:04 pm Forsaken Archer Post #53

Seven deadly sins is a catholic... idea.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:05 pm Dapperdan Post #54

Quote from Dapperdan

Not to my knowledge, but maybe. The point is, if it is, then you should have linked to that instead of the religion-based source. Meh.

Quote from Tuxlar

We're not psychic. How can we know what you are preassuming the worst sin is if you don't make that clear? I don't have a resume of your belief background on hand. Thus, your first post gives absolutely no opinion. Meh.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 5 2008, 7:11 pm by Dapperdan.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:06 pm The Starport Post #55

It's ALSO an emotion. It is regarded as a sin, though. Maybe not always as the worst sin, but commonly it is.

Alright gimme some time to get some sources here to cite. It's clear that saying "common" is not specific enough to hold up what I hoped to be a simple discussion of an abstract concept.

Not that this abstract discussion was really meant to be specific, anyway...

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:06 pm Syphon Post #56

Seven deadly sins is a catholic... idea.

So are sins.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:10 pm Forsaken Archer Post #57

Sins are not just catholic. I was going to point out the irony of "sins" and "not a religious topic" though.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:10 pm Demented Shaman Post #58

The fact that your post is made up of questions makes it conclusive that you are not providing any of your opinion as to what the answers to the questions may be.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:11 pm Syphon Post #59

Sins are not just catholic. I was going to point out the irony of "sins" and "not a religious topic" though.

Well... Jewish. Catholicism and Muslims kinda ran away with it though.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:14 pm The Starport Post #60

The fact that your post is made up of questions makes it conclusive that you are not providing any of your opinion as to what the answers to the questions may be.
That's because I haven't formed my opinion yet. Not fully, anyway. That's kinda the reason I started the thread.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >
  Back to forum