Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 45 46 47 48 4990 >

Aug 19 2010, 10:52 pm Devourer Post #921

Hello

It's the maximum execution time. Removing it can cause serious problems.
Please tell me the structure of the post.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 19 2010, 11:05 pm by Devourer.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 19 2010, 11:15 pm Aristocrat Post #922

Quote from Devourer
It's the maximum execution time. Removing it can cause serious problems.
Please tell me the structure of the post.

The fact that it's timing out in the first place is alarming (should not ever happen unless something screwed up). I suspect it's part of the code responsible for not giving minerals for quotes in a post.

Here's one of the posts in question:
http://www.staredit.net/253082/

None.

Aug 19 2010, 11:24 pm Devourer Post #923

Hello

fixed it:
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST

Aug 20 2010, 1:36 am DavidJCobb Post #924

First and most importantly, I may/probably-will take a (hopefully short) break from coding the site due to emotional stress. I will return to coding for SEN -- and again, hopefully soon -- and when I do I'll get right back on my to-do list. I just can't summon up the mental energy for it right now. D:

Also, another list of known bugs (that I can actually work on) will be made in the v5.1 topic soon. I like having these things publicly viewable; it proves that I'm aware of bugs (so people know when they're being heard and when they're not), and it makes me accountable if I take too long to fix them. I'll be adding the bugs below to the list. I wonder, though, if I shouldn't start doing those posts here? (I do multiple posts (rather than just having one and editing only it) just so that if I lose a link to a to-do post, I can just go to the last post in a topic and backtrack, without having to dig through a ton of posts.)

And finally, the new bugs themselves, and my requests for more information. More, I say! MOAR!

Quote from DevliN
This is probably more a bug for David, but whenever I use any feature above a new post using Fast Reply (i.e. quote a member, img, http://, etc.) it refreshes the page. When I hit "Back" to continue my post, the new BBCode is there and all, but it is just annoying to keep having to do it that way.
Quote from DevliN
I use Chrome, and it's still happening every time.
Odd, I fixed and tested it on Chrome. What version do you have? Maybe yours is out of date, or maybe an update re-broke the BBCode Console.

Quote from Aristocrat
EDIT> Rendering for the quote/multiquote buttons is borked because shit isn't static width.
Browser, version, and OS please. I'm betting Chrome or Safari, but I need confirmation so I know what to test.

In any case, I haven't gotten around to editing topic HTML yet, so that's another item for the ever-lengthening to-do list. :(

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
This isn't a bug, bet more of a pet peeve. Make the word "Search" disappear when you click on the search box.
Something else for the to-do list.

Oh, wait, there's one last thing.

BUG for Devourer. When quoting using the Multiquote feature, some special characters are escaped even when they weren't in the original post. Or maybe people just prefer typing out &#039; instead of '.

None.

Aug 20 2010, 1:49 am Aristocrat Post #925

Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from Aristocrat
EDIT> Rendering for the quote/multiquote buttons is borked because shit isn't static width.
Browser, version, and OS please. I'm betting Chrome or Safari, but I need confirmation so I know what to test.

Firefox 3.6.8, Windows 7 x64. Dev already fixed it though.

Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
This isn't a bug, bet more of a pet peeve. Make the word "Search" disappear when you click on the search box.
Something else for the to-do list.

I MENTIONED IT FIRST DAMMIT

None.

Aug 20 2010, 2:50 am DavidJCobb Post #926

Forgot you mentioned the Search thing, but it was already on my todo list anyway. :P

None.

Aug 21 2010, 1:54 am Aristocrat Post #927

Quote from Aristocrat
Is the raffle seriously being won 100% by the last person who bought a ticket? If so, that's a fairly retarded system. (And payne has probably been abusing it.)

When I made this post, payne had won the raffle three times in a row. He read this post afterwards. Now he only wins the raffle every other time.

I think we should still double-check the raffle code. He's probably exploiting the same glitch I mentioned. Ban payne from the raffle in the meantime; that mini moose guy also seems pretty suspicious :P.

Also, shoutbox: "/m" should be made to have the same functionality as "/w".

Saved shouts do not reproduce "/me". Saved whispers are able to be viewed publicly. Saved shouts also do not have timestamps.

None.

Aug 21 2010, 2:08 am DavidJCobb Post #928

Here's a bug and some tips for Devourer regarding the HTML of the Magic Boxes.

Bug. After you've picked a box, you can see who picked what box by hovering over the links that show how many minerals were earned. However, the links lead to "#", so clicking them forcibly scrolls to the top. If you want, I can add a "fake link" code to the CSS that allows you to make any element (including an A with no href) look exactly like a hyperlink; then, you can simply remove the href attribute.

Feature request. If you put an ID on the Magic Box table, it will be possible for skins to style it via CSS. Then, I could implement the below recommendations myself.

Feature request. You can make an entire cell clickable (rather than just the link) if you put an ID on the Magic Box table and then apply the following CSS. For the purposes of demonstration, I'll use the ID "sen-magic-boxes-table" in the code.
Code
#sen-magic-boxes-table td a{
  display:block;
  height:83px;
  line-height:83px
}

As a bonus, you can hover any part of a box to see who bought that box. (Basically, it expands the A inside of the table cell to cover the entire table cell. The line-height declaration keeps the text vertically centered (by setting the line-height to the same height as the entire element).)

This code will make the cursor turn into a help cursor when someone hovers over an already-opened box. Makes it somewhat more obvious that hovering reveals information.
Code
#sen-magic-boxes-table td.bg_common a{
  cursor:help
}

None.

Aug 21 2010, 2:14 am Generalpie Post #929

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Devourer
fixed it:
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST TEST

why are only the first and 3rd quotes dark?

None.

Aug 21 2010, 2:15 am Aristocrat Post #930

Because the alternating backgrounds for quote nests are hardcoded, ofc :rolleyes:.

Probably fix that too.

Also, double-clicking "report" reports a post twice. Similarly, triple/quadruple/etc. clicks send identical reports. Kill the dialog on click rather on report sent.

None.

Aug 21 2010, 2:25 am payne Post #931

:payne:

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Aristocrat
Is the raffle seriously being won 100% by the last person who bought a ticket? If so, that's a fairly retarded system. (And payne has probably been abusing it.)

When I made this post, payne had won the raffle three times in a row. He read this post afterwards. Now he only wins the raffle every other time.

I think we should still double-check the raffle code. He's probably exploiting the same glitch I mentioned. Ban payne from the raffle in the meantime; that mini moose guy also seems pretty suspicious :P.
I thought you were joking about me exploiting a glitch... but it seems like you really are thinking such a thing. :><:
Ah, people and their Conspiracy Theory, nostalgia!

EDIT: I'd also -love- to know where you took from that information stating the glitch is about "taking the last ticket". I'm actually 99% of the time part of the two first to buy a ticket.

None.

Aug 21 2010, 2:27 am DavidJCobb Post #932

Quote from Aristocrat
Because the alternating backgrounds for quote nests are hardcoded, ofc :rolleyes:.

Probably fix that too.
Can't, not with CSS. There's no way to do alternation by parent, and CSS3 is needed to do alternation by siblings. Here's what the skin does now, basically:
quote { background: black }
quote quote { background: grey }
quote quote quote { background: black }
quote quote quote quote { background: grey }
quote quote quote quote quote { background: black }

We'd have to keep adding more and more bits like that to support deeper nesting levels, as CSS doesn't have this kind of alternation-by-nesting functionality built-in. (Kind of stupid that it doesn't, but meh.)

Quote from Aristocrat
Also, double-clicking "report" reports a post twice. Similarly, triple/quadruple/etc. clicks send identical reports. Kill the dialog on click rather on report sent.
That's a client-side problem, I'll move that to my v5.1 to-do list (though this would really affect all skins). Simple matter of making it a single-instance modeless dialog.

None.

Aug 21 2010, 4:33 pm Centreri Post #933

Relatively ancient and inactive

You can do the alternating with PHP + alternating in-line CSS. Or you can copy/paste ten times.

None.

Aug 22 2010, 1:22 am DavidJCobb Post #934

Quote from Centreri
You can do the alternating with PHP [...]
Write CSS classes to every other level of nesting? That sounds like a good solution.
Quote from Centreri
[...] alternating in-line CSS.
no

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 22 2010, 1:34 am by NudeRaider. Reason: keep cool

None.

Aug 22 2010, 10:44 pm Aristocrat Post #935

The chance of payne winning the raffle this many times by chance is less than 1/15120, or 0.0066138%.

I still think something is glitched.

None.

Aug 22 2010, 10:54 pm DevliN Post #936

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Code
1     payne         110
2      Wing Zero     90
3      payne        110
4      Wing Zero     90
5      payne        120
6      Vincent      110
7      payne         90
8      payne        100
9      payne         80
10     rockz         90

I agree...

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 22 2010, 11:35 pm Devourer Post #937

Hello

Code
        $sql->query("SELECT COUNT(tid) AS num FROM `raffle`");
        $aaa = $sql->fetch();
            if ($aaa['num'] == "0") { die(); }
        $ftw = rand(1,$aaa['num']);

He just has luck.
For every bought ticket a new entry in the database is made (only one! there is no way that someone can have two or more tickets). When the drawing time arrived, a random number between 1 and the number of tickets in the database is chosen (see code). Thus, he simply has luck, else the PHP random command is buggy, which is highly doubtable.

Finally convinced you all that he just got luck?

Aug 22 2010, 11:46 pm DevliN Post #938

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

No, I want diagrams and pie charts!

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 23 2010, 12:33 am NudeRaider Post #939

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

This code snippet proves nothing. Even without understanding the commands I already see several other possible causes for a glitch even when the code you quoted is working as intended.
You were wrong too many times when you said "That's impossible" when I told you that something is buggy, so your bold statement bears no weight for me.

Aug 23 2010, 12:46 am shmeeps Post #940

Quote from Devourer
Code
        $sql->query("SELECT COUNT(tid) AS num FROM `raffle`");
        $aaa = $sql->fetch();
            if ($aaa['num'] == "0") { die(); }
        $ftw = rand(1,$aaa['num']);

He just has luck.
For every bought ticket a new entry in the database is made (only one! there is no way that someone can have two or more tickets). When the drawing time arrived, a random number between 1 and the number of tickets in the database is chosen (see code). Thus, he simply has luck, else the PHP random command is buggy, which is highly doubtable.

Finally convinced you all that he just got luck?
To be fair, the PHP rand() function can be relatively predictable. It'd be better to at least seed it first (with srand()), or replace it with the Mersenne Twister Randomization function (mt_rand()) which and also be seeded with srand (mt_srand()).

Assuming none of this is done already, and that's not pseudo code.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 45 46 47 48 4990 >
  Back to forum