Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 46 47 48 49 5090 >

Aug 23 2010, 1:10 am CecilSunkure Post #941

Quote from Devourer
Thus, he simply has luck, else the PHP random command is buggy, which is highly doubtable.
Actually there are quite a few different methods of randomization and that particular one might not be exactly what you wanted, and you could quite easily have a logic error somewhere in your code.

None.

Aug 23 2010, 3:35 am DavidJCobb Post #942

Wait, you just run a die() statement if no tickets are bought?

HEY, EVERYONE
NOBODY BUY ANYTHING IN THE NEXT RAFFLE
LET'S BREAK SEN OLOL

None.

Aug 23 2010, 12:13 pm Devourer Post #943

Hello

Err this does not break anything, david. It just stops the rest of the code to be executed and as this is a cron-job it's np. It repeats every 10 minutes :P

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 23 2010, 12:58 pm payne Post #944

:payne:

Quote from DavidJCobb
Wait, you just run a die() statement if no tickets are bought?

HEY, EVERYONE
NOBODY BUY ANYTHING IN THE NEXT RAFFLE
LET'S BREAK SEN OLOL
NEVER! I SHALL EXPLOIT SEN AND EARN MOAR MINERALZ FROM ALL THE POORS! :shifty:

None.

Aug 23 2010, 10:55 pm poison_us Post #945

Back* from the grave

Quote from shmeeps
To be fair, the PHP rand() function can be relatively predictable. It'd be better to at least seed it first (with srand()), or replace it with the Mersenne Twister Randomization function (mt_rand()) which and also be seeded with srand (mt_srand()).

Assuming none of this is done already, and that's not pseudo code.
mt_srand(mt_rand()) :sly:

Aug 23 2010, 11:29 pm DavidJCobb Post #946

mt_srand(mt_srand(mt_srand(mt_srand(mt_rand()))))

>:3

None.

Aug 24 2010, 3:56 am poison_us Post #947

Back* from the grave

vs.

Frame 11 of the current:

Also, there should be a border of some sorts between the preview and the top row...

EDIT: Changed from :bye1: to an imageshack version of the same file, more for preservation of the original than anything else...

Aug 24 2010, 3:59 am LoTu)S Post #948

:lick:

DO IT! plz

Actually I dont really mind, its a plus really

None.

Aug 24 2010, 4:00 am poison_us Post #949

Back* from the grave

...on second thought, maybe not... definitely does not look like a tongue, at least not at first glance. Besides, I believe we already have enough smilies. Get minralz and buy a custom smiley and you can use that....

Aug 24 2010, 4:01 am LoTu)S Post #950

I refuse to waste precious minerals on frivolous reindeer games.

None.

Aug 24 2010, 4:02 am poison_us Post #951

Back* from the grave

What else would you use them for?

Aug 24 2010, 10:39 am DevliN Post #952

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Excaliban Trophy.

Here's a bug that really only applies to Staff: invisible topics no longer have [INVISIBLE] next to them, or any other indicator. That may just be missing on Carbonite since I can't check the other skins, but unless I go to a certain topic to manually check, I have no way of know what topics are visible from the topic list in a given forum.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 24 2010, 11:27 am Devourer Post #953

Hello

Fixd @ devlin... at least should it, please approve.

Aug 24 2010, 11:39 am NudeRaider Post #954

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Btw. I like how in Epic skin the topic background has a lighter shade of gray compared to visible topics.
Should do that for other skins too.

Aug 24 2010, 6:00 pm Aristocrat Post #955

I am just about fed up with this store system.

The compendium tells me this:
Signature Enabler
Enables the use of signatures.

Average cost: 175
Rarity: 25

But the store interface shows this:

Cost: 334
4 in stock

Since it goes up to 334 minerals, can we assume it goes down to 16 minerals as well? What nonsense; just because someone scrambles in on a lucky day they can get a signature for less than a raffle ticket? Since minerals were brought back, I have yet to see any of the items cost fewer minerals than even 150% of their average cost. Something is wrong here.

But before you admins fix the randomization code, please think about this: why are the prices randomized? Are random prices necessary? The way I see it, they are completely pointless and only discourage people from using the system simply because luckier people can get the same thing for substantially less.

Here are the benefits and drawbacks of each system outlined:

Static Prices, infinite stock, all items listed:

Benefits:
  • Simple, intuitive, foolproof system.
  • Prices are stable, thus non-confusing and predictable.
  • People working towards a store item has a "goal" of mineral amount towards which they will work for by contributing positively.
  • Impossible to have glitchy price levels if the code is written and double-checked by a moderately educated Homo sapiens.
  • Fair to all users of the store.
  • Stocks never run out, thus everyone can purchase an item whenever they have enough minerals.
  • Items are always stocked, rather than disappearing from the store page because of "rarity".
  • A set value for items allows users to be appropriately compensated/charged due to any change in prices.
Drawbacks:
  • None.

Static Prices, limited stock, items randomly listed:

Benefits:
  • Novelty value.
  • ...?
Drawbacks:
  • Unstable prices, unpredictable, impossible to evaluate when an item is at a sufficiently low value.
  • The prices' fluctuation will cause some members to spend more minerals than others for the same item.
  • The random nature of the prices mean that it is occasionally cheaper to purchase two items (like PM +75) than to purchase one more expensive item that has the same function (PM +150).
  • Makes no sense. SEN does not run on minerals. We are not a market economy. Item stock is a bunch of bits in a hard drive rather than some physical limitation on how many of ________ can be given to members.

Yes, okay, IP made the store system. However, IP is not infallible, even if he does pay the bill that keeps SEN online. Things need to change.

None.

Aug 24 2010, 6:21 pm Devourer Post #956

Hello

I thought I did already said that: the signature cost been made cheaper. This does not affect the items currently being in the store. Thus, you have to wait till after the next stock-reset.

Aug 24 2010, 6:45 pm Aristocrat Post #957

Quote from Devourer
I thought I did already said that: the signature cost been made cheaper. This does not affect the items currently being in the store. Thus, you have to wait till after the next stock-reset.

No. Dynamic prices are horrid. Please consider revamping the store to hold items with static costs.

None.

Aug 24 2010, 6:48 pm Devourer Post #958

Hello

Now, that's your opinion :rolleyes:

Aug 24 2010, 6:50 pm Aristocrat Post #959

Quote from Devourer
Now, that's your opinion :rolleyes:

Give a good reason why we should have a store with dynamic prices instead of one where all item prices are non-varying.

None.

Aug 24 2010, 7:58 pm NudeRaider Post #960

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Because then it's a gamble. Do you wait for the item to become even cheaper or do you buy now?
Gambling is a game, and minerals are a game. Generally it makes minerals less boring.

Give a good reason why we should have a store with static items.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 46 47 48 49 5090 >
  Back to forum