Starcraft: Sons Of War
Feb 29 2008, 4:48 pm
By: ITSTORRASQUE4U
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7 >

Apr 30 2009, 3:35 am thunderaga Post #81

but lots of TOTAL conversion mod didn't have campaigns attached :-_-:

None.

Apr 30 2009, 4:53 am bajadulce Post #82

True. There is no "TOTAL" conversion out there really. OR, Zenji, and War3TC are prob the closest to a true TC.

Anywhoo.. SoW is HOT regardless of what it is defined as. These guys are pure detail freaks and what IS being modified/created is hands down the most professional and intense production ever created for Starcraft. Only the best are involved in this project.

They just need DofA, poiuy, or maybe someone like MasterofChaos, Heinermann, now to do some hardcore programming magic.

None.

Apr 30 2009, 5:04 pm Excalibur Post #83

The sword and the faith

Is the SoW site down?

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

May 7 2009, 4:51 am Fallen Post #84

If you need any help with the terrain PM and tell me what you wanted the map to entail and i could very easily create one for you

None.

May 13 2009, 10:53 pm Dem0n Post #85

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IMO, the Vanguards look really small compared to other units. Their whole arm looks like a green blade, and nothing else. :O

May 14 2009, 11:44 pm SgtHK Post #86

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
IMO, the Vanguards look really small compared to other units. Their whole arm looks like a green blade, and nothing else. :O
The sprite is really not much different from the 3d model it was made from.

Also, since she's female, we wouldn't want her to look bigger than her male counterpart, the Zealot.

None.

May 14 2009, 11:53 pm Dem0n Post #87

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Male superiority... Might not go well with the girl starcraft players. :P

It looks cool, but it just looks a little funny. If you compare it to the Zealot, it doesn't look as detailed, and it looks kind of fuzzy.

May 15 2009, 12:15 am SgtHK Post #88

Ya'll just have to see once you play the actual game and see things in full screen (instead of screenshots) ;)

None.

May 16 2009, 2:43 am Hercanic Post #89

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Quote from SgtHK
Was that model render touched up in any way, such as in Photoshop? Or is this straight from rendering? I really love those soft shadows, especially on the hips. Looks almost like a piece of concept art.

May 16 2009, 3:43 am Corbo Post #90

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

If my eye doesn't fail me I'm pretty sure it's just a render on plain max with a fall off material or a render with brazil.

fuck you all

May 19 2009, 10:27 am SgtHK Post #91

Quote from Hercanic
Was that model render touched up in any way, such as in Photoshop? Or is this straight from rendering? I really love those soft shadows, especially on the hips. Looks almost like a piece of concept art.
I didn't do anything to it in Photoshop other than sharpening it more. It was rendered using the default renderer in 3ds Max. I didn't use a falloff material.

None.

May 19 2009, 10:30 am Corbo Post #92

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

How the hell do you do those materials with the lame max renderer?
Guess I got used to other render engines before actually poking max's

fuck you all

May 20 2009, 12:24 am SgtHK Post #93

The default renderer's downside is its simplicity. It doesn't have good Global Illumination without radiosity or Light Tracer, which themselves are also pretty weak. But the simplicity is also its upside. It's easy to set up and It renders 5-10 times faster than other rendering engines. It's also fully compatible with Max plugins like Afterburn or FumeFX.

None.

May 23 2009, 5:51 am Pr0nogo Post #94

How's it (the game) hangin'?

May 23 2009, 10:00 pm thunderaga Post #95

can't wait to see the Vanguards in action, hopefully it's going to work through all the way with out any crashes [with this project] :unsure:

None.

Oct 29 2009, 7:35 pm Biophysicist Post #96

Just in case anyone was wondering, this is still being worked on. I've been hired as the new modder and several units have been redesigned to take advantage of plugins. More details will be available if I get permission from Sarge or someone to post them.

None.

Oct 31 2009, 3:42 am IskatuMesk Post #97

Lord of the Locker Room

My account was deleted on the forums by some dude so I'm going to post this here in the hope someone from the team forwards it to their forum.

The message is,

Hi. I'm IskatuMesk, and I used to be a part of this project. At three separate occassions there were difficulties in our relationship for various reasons. At the last time, Sarge informed me that he had taken up leadership of the project and wanted me to help mod. At the time, I was struggling to finish my own mod. In return, he offered to help me with my 3d work. For the first while, everything went fine. But I was suffering mentally, and my own work stalled to a standstill. Sarge vanished for a long time when I needed a sprite from him, and I released AO without it. Despite this, I still felt I could help the project as a modder. But I was wrong. To make matters even better, I started taking a drug that I now discovered I shouldn't have been taking, and it made matters much worse. SoW is home to a variety of individuals and where I thought I had the mental fortitude to communicate with them responsibly I was wrong.

Recently I've started taking a new drug that has completely changed my depression. When I opened my eyes for the first time in many years, I rediscovered where it was I wanted to go and what I wanted to do. And I also remembered the many mistakes I have made in the past, especially when I overreacted to mike's actions in IRC. I don't know why Pharazon doesn't like me, but I apologize for anything I have done to him. I want to apologize to the entire project, but Sarge especially. I took up the job knowing full well I wasn't ready for that kind of a commitment, and even though I helped him out a bit, I feel that I set myself up for one of my greatest failures in the history of my modding career. I feel that things I may have said, or done, were against the judgment of a better man. Since AO's release, I have now retired for modding and I have no desire to ever return to it. I wish I could still do something for SoW, something to make up for the broken promises, but I don't think I can.

So, there you have it. I made a big mistake. I made errors in judgment. And now I'm really beaten up about it, because this is the only time I have ever lose control of myself to the point of creating such a conflict. I hope that with this new drug I can better myself, better my life, and strive towards the goals that have always escaped me, like finishing my novel and learning 3d modeling and animation. The road will be long and difficult, but thanks to likes of Sarge I have had a good point in starting.

I hope that in the future, you will find the room for forgiveness.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Nov 1 2009, 10:11 am SgtHK Post #98

Mesk, I never had any hard feelings towards you. Even though I sometimes find your behaviour annoying, I understand what you're going through and never found room to look at you in black and white. Sadly, I can't say the same for the others. I can't control the way they do things, the way they talk, the way they think they're funny sometimes. I too have commitment issues myself and I don't expect anyone to remain committed for so long. I appreciate the respect you give to me and, hopefully, guys like Pharazon and Mike will learn to respect you as well, even though you probably won't be coming back to the team.

That's all I can really say to all of this. Good luck with your goals, Mesk.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 9:53 pm Ling666 Post #99

English and I have a hate-hate relationship, so I'll just second Sarge's eloquent reply.

Actually, I'll give it a try. Mesk, everyone makes mistakes, which sounds really cliché, but if you're anything like me you have to be reminded of that often. You have apologized and expressed your regret at not helping SgtHK, hinting at a deep maturity. What happens to us in life does not define us, how we immediately respond to things only shows how we are feeling at the time, but the depth of the soul is shown through how what you have impacts you. Added to that, you stated you were in error, which is something too many people are unable to do. And I don't blame you for your response at the time. I considered doing that myself.

Thank you for the spark of creativity and life you added to the project. You will be missed.

This is the best I could do to convey the feelings of some of us on SoW; they should have sent a poet.

None.

Nov 8 2009, 11:39 am newBorn Post #100

SgtHK, sry i havent visited this forum in a while. Regarding what you said earlier:

---------------------------------------------
@newBorn: Yeah I checked your sound samples. I've seen (or heard) that they've already been edited. Do you have raw samples?

Those are Raw samples :D, I'm flattered that you think they re edited, the only thing added to them is the windows system echo from the voice registrator. This is purely my voice modding skill, no editing. But i'm doing some sound work for a zerg campaign atm so heres an edited one:

http://www.filefront.com/14884267/Zerg1-1a.wav

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7 >
  Back to forum