Starcraft: Sons Of War
Feb 29 2008, 4:48 pm
By: ITSTORRASQUE4U
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >

May 1 2008, 6:54 pm Vi3t-X Post #41

But he said that all the units would remain there. I'm confused :crazy:

None.

May 2 2008, 9:46 am Ahli Post #42

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Then I will say it:
All old buildable Units will remain there. The screenshots show the alpha Rattail look, a new unit.
We gave the look to the Marine for faster testing. The Marine's look on the map will not be changed.

May 15 2008, 12:51 pm Devourer Post #43

Hello

Looks Godd :P

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jan 22 2009, 8:42 am newBorn Post #44

WTB Any updates, how is it going?
You promised the release in 2008 or early 2009 ;P

None.

Jan 22 2009, 12:32 pm Ahli Post #45

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

not me, not nude...
torrasque dropped due inactivity.
no, we aren't ready :D
we still need to have much work to be done.

We have a new page:
http://sonsofwar.uuuq.com/
and many new guys in the team like FlyingHat who is missing in the team section.

flyingHat will try to create new AIs

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 22 2009, 7:01 pm by Ahli.

Jan 22 2009, 12:54 pm Devourer Post #46

Hello

FlyingHat ... mapper? modder? Mapper I guess... whatever, the phalanx is awesome...
oh wait... nude told me that they actually aren't searching mappers 8as far as he knew)...

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jan 22 2009, 5:30 pm newBorn Post #47

If i do get a microphone working on the PC i could be a voice actor for your project, i'm a hard rock vocalist in a band, so modelling my voice aint much of a problem.
Here are some samples i did for a lower project which was a turn based Strategy very similiar to HoMM series, i was playing Advisor, Harrak (Demon Lord.) and some lower cast units like The Ghast or The Ghoul. Think i could fit in perfectly for a zerg character or even some terran/protoss ones.

u got 6 samples in total of my voice acting, for The Damned side. I had some for the The Alliance, but i cant find it atm. This was recorded on a home mic so it aint that good, mostly in terms of volume, u have to max out ur volume to hear it out loud and clean.

Attachments:
Sound.rar
Hits: 8 Size: 1566.15kb

None.

Jan 22 2009, 7:49 pm Vi3t-X Post #48

Didn't SgtHK say that all of his renders were no longer availible?

None.

Jan 22 2009, 9:19 pm SgtHK Post #49

Actually, last December, I rejoined SoW, revived it, and became its project manager. Everything is now back on track. :)

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 23 2009, 12:17 am by Killer_Kow. Reason: Mild flaming/response to deleted content

None.

Jan 22 2009, 9:39 pm Biophysicist Post #50

Anyway, would you be interested in another modeler? I'm not ZOMGUBER, but I'm pretty good. (Organic models are hard for me, though.)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 23 2009, 12:18 am by Killer_Kow. Reason: Use it, don't spam it

None.

Jan 22 2009, 9:48 pm newBorn Post #51

SgtHK did u bother to check the samples i brought up or not rly?
Just wondering.

None.

Jan 22 2009, 9:53 pm SgtHK Post #52

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Report function ftw.

Anyway, would you be interested in another modeler? I'm not ZOMGUBER, but I'm pretty good. (Organic models are hard for me, though.)

Can we have samples of your work? :) You can send them to: sc.sonsofwar@gmail.com

Quote from newBorn
SgtHK did u bother to check the samples i brought up or not rly?
Just wondering.
Oh. Really sorry. I only re-checked this thread just now, when Ahli linked me to Dem0ns1ayer's post. I'm checking them out now as we speak ;)

None.

Jan 22 2009, 10:01 pm Vi3t-X Post #53

I call automatic in. :bleh:

I've never really done anything because as we know, half of the people on this site are lazy.
If you assigned me a task, that might work out. :bleh:

None.

Jan 22 2009, 10:06 pm Corbo Post #54

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

SgtHK,
Would you mind posting some updated and just ignore DemonSlayer? :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 23 2009, 12:19 am by Killer_Kow. Reason: That's my job, not yours.

fuck you all

Jan 22 2009, 10:16 pm Biophysicist Post #55

Can we have samples of your work? :) You can send them to: sc.sonsofwar@gmail.com

Yah, but not until after midterms, I'm really busy studying.

You can also look at my project, Biophysics. I posted some models I made in the first post. Admittedly, they are pretty bad, but that's because they are organic models, which are my weak point.

None.

Jan 25 2009, 5:44 am SgtHK Post #56

Sorry for the long reply. I just had problems posting this here.
Quote from Vi3t-X
I call automatic in. :bleh:

I've never really done anything because as we know, half of the people on this site are lazy.
If you assigned me a task, that might work out. :bleh:
Did you ever tried applying for SoW? Torrasque kinda left 6 months ago and only last December did I gain access to SoW's email. Man there's a heapload of stuff there >.<
---------------------------------------------
@newBorn: Yeah I checked your sound samples. I've seen (or heard) that they've already been edited. Do you have raw samples?
---------------------------------------------
Yah, but not until after midterms, I'm really busy studying.

You can also look at my project, Biophysics. I posted some models I made in the first post. Admittedly, they are pretty bad, but that's because they are organic models, which are my weak point.
Yup. I checked out your 3d works in BioPhysics. Well I have to say your organic models aren't quite up to our standards. But perhaps your non-organic models would. Right now, we're looking for someone with the 3d skills who can make good-looking random doodads in the environment like buildings, rocks, trees, etc. I could do that myself or the other modelers. But the 3d team, including myself, are caught up with alot of stuff right now and an extra hand would be great. Until you can send me your samples, I'll just put you on the waiting list. Would that be ok?
Quote from Corbo
SgtHK,
Would you mind posting some updated and just ignore DemonSlayer? :P
Sure, I'll post every update I can post. As you may of course know, I can't post stuff about the maps or the story info. :D

I'll start with how the actual game is doing:
Our Phalanx sprite has remained relatively unchanged.

But our other sprites, like the Rattail and Vanguard sprites you see in the pretious posts, were lost since the person who made them left without notice. Anyway, we modified the designs of the said units so we might as well make new sprites.

The most I can give you right now are our graphics work.

Here's the new rattail design by praetormike

Yeah I know. We're still discussing stuff about the arms, legs, gun, and the wierd tail <_<

Here's the modified design of the Protoss Vanguard:

And a YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAzeKCzGlCs...re=channel_page

What we're mainly working right now are the maps which we can't show to anyone outside of the project. But overall, things are progressing nicely, aside from occassional setbacks.

For more info, visit the newly modified Sons of War webpage: http://www.sonsofwar.uuuq.com/index2.html
--------------------------------------
Now some of you may wanna ask: how can the SC community help this project? Well the team already has sufficient strength in the fields of mapping, modding, and graphics design to keep things going. However, there are skills in certain fields which we currently lack. The most important of these current needs are voice actors who could portray our new heroes and units, experienced sound editors who could create and master the various voices and special FX sounds for both our in-game and CGI cinematics dialogue, and musicians who could compose new music for the mod.

We're also currently looking for experienced AI script writers who can make custom AI scripts for our campaign maps. With custom-made AI scripts, we can tell the comp to do exactly what we want it to do instead of relying on complicated triggers.

All applicants can send their samples to: sc.sonsofwar@gmail.com

Thank you very much and we really appreciate you for reading this!

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 25 2009, 2:10 pm by Killer_Kow. Reason: Imageshack links are annoying.

None.

Jan 25 2009, 5:59 am Biophysicist Post #57

Yah... I just watched that video... And, uhm, you'renot going to want me on your team... Whoever made that model is over 9000 times better than me... Literally...

None.

Jan 25 2009, 6:28 am SgtHK Post #58

Yah... I just watched that video... And, uhm, you're not going to want me on your team... Whoever made that model is over 9000 times better than me... Literally...
LoL, I'm flattered because it is I who made that model :D I'm glad you liked it, thanks. But are you sure you don't wanna send your samples to us, at least?

None.

Jan 25 2009, 6:38 am Biophysicist Post #59

Well, I can try, but it would be a waste of time... I'm nowhere near that good...

None.

Jan 25 2009, 6:41 am poiuy_qwert Post #60

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Really SgtHK, that is an amazing model. I can't wait to see some other renders from you :)

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >
  Back to forum