Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Self Improvement
Self Improvement
Mar 4 2013, 1:00 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Mar 5 2013, 2:31 am Vrael Post #21

Quote from Vrael
Read War & Peace.
Come on, I don't even get a "Challenge Denied" or something?

None.

Mar 5 2013, 3:14 am Azrael Post #22

Quote from lil-Inferno
I challenge SEN to games of chess.

Okay, beat me in 4 out of 5 consecutive games, and then you can move on to a harder opponent.

Quote from lil-Inferno
Already did this, still going strong.

You probably don't want to still be going strong when you try the challenge involving sexual relations.

Mar 5 2013, 3:18 am lil-Inferno Post #23

Just here for the pie

Quote from Azrael
Quote from lil-Inferno

Okay, beat me in 4 out of 5 consecutive games, and then you can move on to a harder opponent.
This weekend shit will go down.

Quote from Azrael
Quote from lil-Inferno

You probably don't want to still be going strong when you try the challenge involving sexual relations.
I don't see why you say that.

Mar 5 2013, 4:01 am Azrael Post #24

Quote from lil-Inferno

Because otherwise you're going to be done about as soon as you start.

Mar 5 2013, 4:24 am TiKels Post #25

Quote from Azrael
Quote from lil-Inferno

Schroedinger's cat of sex. Both beginning and ending at the same time.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 5 2013, 4:52 am Fire_Kame Post #26

wth is starcraft

:massimo: I tried reading War & Peace. I think it could be a very interesting book honestly. We should have a book club! :kame:

inb4 az uses sparknotes etc to appear to have read the book

Mar 5 2013, 6:19 am NudeRaider Post #27

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from NudeRaider
Pick a friend who's a good bit stronger than you and challenge him to arm wrestling. As expected you'll lose.
Then enroll in a fitness studio and train until you beat that friend of yours. If you wanna cheat you'll only exercise your arms. Really, don't do it. The point is to make your whole body more fit. The arm wrestling thing is just something you can measure your success with.

Go into a chess club and beat at least half of the members there.

Learn a new (spoken) language.

Spend a voluntary social year abroad.

Cease to masturbate for at least half a year.

Next holiday cook the meal for your family.

Do at least half of these and you'll have changed enough that posting that sex challenge video won't be a challenge at all for you anymore.
I'd be hard pressed to find a friend who's stronger than me, considering most of them are CS majors (as I am, too).
How about programming language? :awesome:
Not an option financially.
Challenge accepted. If not cook the whole meal, at least I'll help.
The point of most of these is to improve social skills along the way. So playing chess on SEN is not what I had in mind. More like you join a chess club and train with them until you're good. This shouldn't stop you playing with SENners, ofc.

Arm wrestling was just a gimmick to get you training in a gym. It's not necessary for the challenge.

Spoken language. No programming.

Cooking is the easiest of all challenges as it doesn't need much ongoing effort, so cutting corners here might be a bit cheap.

Oh and since you seem to be serious about these good luck, and have fun with your new life! ;)

Mar 5 2013, 5:46 pm lil-Inferno Post #28

Just here for the pie

Quote from Azrael
Quote from lil-Inferno

"Inferno, that was great. Let's do it again."

Mar 5 2013, 5:57 pm Azrael Post #29

Do what again? A virgin that hasn't masturbated in a year isn't even going to get to penetration, it'll probably be over around second base.

Mar 5 2013, 6:05 pm lil-Inferno Post #30

Just here for the pie

I'm not going to tell you my life story, but I'm not a virgin.

Mar 5 2013, 6:09 pm Fire_Kame Post #31

wth is starcraft

Quote from lil-Inferno
I'm not going to tell you my life story, but I'm not a virgin.
Now now don't be shy.

Mar 5 2013, 6:44 pm Azrael Post #32

Oh hey, this thread just got interesting.

I guess we can take that to mean you're sexually active right now, at least, otherwise my original statement would have still applied.

Mar 5 2013, 6:49 pm lil-Inferno Post #33

Just here for the pie

Nope. Haven't been sexually active since my junior year of high school.

Mar 5 2013, 7:00 pm Azrael Post #34

In which case, my original statement still applies.

Mar 5 2013, 9:47 pm Sacrieur Post #35

Still Napping

Quote from lil-Inferno

NECKBEARD CARD REVOKED :lol:

---

Nah but sexual relations won't make you any more confident. At all. It won't improve you as a person. You might get a kid out of it, maybe some good feels for awhile, maybe some guilt, or even maybe just all these things and some really screwed up friendships. Or if it's a one night stand some STIs.

But I get it, we think men that get laid all the time are totally baws. But it's not the fact that men who have women fawning over them get laid that makes them attractive, it''s who they are as people. Maybe they're just charismatic manipulative extroverts, or maybe they're genuinely just that awesome.

Physical improvements help in some ways, but to (begrudgingly) agree with a recent cracked article: all of that is shit unless you can't change what's inside yourself. I know ripped and totally physically stunning guys with social anxiety that are just complete piles of dog shit. They don't really get laid, they think they're worthless... They rely on external stimulus for their self-esteem. It's pathetic.

I can't hand you the answers, I can't tell you what to do. No one here can, it's really quite a personal thing, this. I can't really say anyone here has really gone too far with it, either. Az has, I have, Kame has, and maybe a few others have really had to face some mental challenges that forced us to change as people. Different, but ultimately far better, stronger people. All I can really say is that it's not easy and it's a total bitch.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 5 2013, 10:06 pm by Sacrieur.

None.

Mar 5 2013, 10:15 pm lil-Inferno Post #36

Just here for the pie

I would say I have an extreme sense of self worth. More so than anyone else that I know, and that I've already faced challenges, physically and mentally, that made me a better person. Certainly not my last challenges, but still. That just isn't enough to satiate me at this point, though. I want more challenges to conquer, because I feel like I've conquered myself already (to a certain extent). Stuff like http://hundredpushups.com/ and http://www.twohundredsitups.com/ which I have recently completed, or no fap as an ongoing thing which was really the catalyst for my self improvement binge.

Mar 5 2013, 10:16 pm Fire_Kame Post #37

wth is starcraft

Quote from Sacrieur
Quote from lil-Inferno

NECKBEARD CARD REVOKED :lol:

---

Nah but sexual relations won't make you any more confident. At all. It won't improve you as a person. You might get a kid out of it, maybe some good feels for awhile, maybe some guilt, or even maybe just all these things and some really screwed up friendships. Or if it's a one night stand some STIs.

But I get it, we think men that get laid all the time are totally baws. But it's not the fact that men who have women fawning over them get laid that makes them attractive, it''s who they are as people. Maybe they're just charismatic manipulative extroverts, or maybe they're genuinely just that awesome.

Physical improvements help in some ways, but to (begrudgingly) agree with a recent cracked article: all of that is shit unless you can't change what's inside yourself. I know ripped and totally physically stunning guys with social anxiety that are just complete piles of dog shit. They don't really get laid, they think they're worthless... They rely on external stimulus for their self-esteem. It's pathetic.

I can't hand you the answers, I can't tell you what to do. No one here can, it's really quite a personal thing, this. I can't really say anyone here has really gone too far with it, either. Az has, I have, Kame has, and maybe a few others have really had to face some mental challenges that forced us to change as people. Different, but ultimately far better, stronger people. All I can really say is that it's not easy and it's a total bitch.

I have to agree. Try a bunch of things and tell us what makes you feel most fulfilled. Just be safe in doing it. We all love you here lil <3

EDIT:
Self improvement is a drug - the more someone succeeds the more they want to succeed again. You could learn some new languages.

Mar 6 2013, 12:09 pm payne Post #38

:payne:

Quote from Fire_Kame
I have to agree. Try a bunch of things and tell us what makes you feel most fulfilled. Just be safe in doing it. We all love you here lil <3

EDIT:
Self improvement is a drug - the more someone succeeds the more they want to succeed again. You could learn some new languages.
I will agree as well.

I would have a few things to say:
- This might not be for you, but in all honesty, I recommend you to try magic mushrooms. (This might not qualify as an actual "challenge", but it can definitely change the way you see yourself. Inform and prepare yourself properly, however.)
- Get yourself started on outdoor activities: nature itself can help you out, and exercising can only be good. Hiking and climbing are two sports that I would recommend. Hiking is great because there is everything for all levels, and you can easily adjust the difficulty level by properly selecting the paths you will be using (it's also generally quite cheap). Climbing is awesome because it contains well-defined levels of difficulty, and you can thus easily know when you've improved (it is also one of the best sports to train your whole body at once, and its community is incredibly friendly). However, climbing can be a bit expensive depending on your choices (outdoor is usually free of access, but you'll need a rope; indoor can be costly because of the regular fees you will have to pay).
- Mushroom picking: I highly recommend that one too. It is fun, relaxed, rewarding (isn't awesome to think you are eating what you've just properly identified and collected? It'll also open up a brand new culinary world to you), and you'll gain some useful knowledge. Identifying mushrooms is way easier than most of us think, and isn't as dangerous as what you might believe. As a little plus, you can definitely make a good impression with this kind of knowledge, in my opinion (especially with outdoorsy communities, others might just think you're a weirdo :P).
- Hitch-hike! :awesome: It is one hell of a challenge to learn to trust people. You'll also get to meet extraordinary people, and will get out of this experience quite a few stories to tell.
- Cooking. Everyone enjoys living with someone who knows how to cook, including yourself.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 6 2013, 12:15 pm by payne.

None.

Mar 6 2013, 2:09 pm lil-Inferno Post #39

Just here for the pie

Quote from payne
- This might not be for you, but in all honesty, I recommend you to try magic mushrooms. (This might not qualify as an actual "challenge", but it can definitely change the way you see yourself. Inform and prepare yourself properly, however.)
I will never, ever do illegal drugs.

Quote from payne
- Get yourself started on outdoor activities: nature itself can help you out, and exercising can only be good. Hiking and climbing are two sports that I would recommend. Hiking is great because there is everything for all levels, and you can easily adjust the difficulty level by properly selecting the paths you will be using (it's also generally quite cheap). Climbing is awesome because it contains well-defined levels of difficulty, and you can thus easily know when you've improved (it is also one of the best sports to train your whole body at once, and its community is incredibly friendly). However, climbing can be a bit expensive depending on your choices (outdoor is usually free of access, but you'll need a rope; indoor can be costly because of the regular fees you will have to pay).
I'll look into it.

Quote from payne
- Mushroom picking: I highly recommend that one too. It is fun, relaxed, rewarding (isn't awesome to think you are eating what you've just properly identified and collected? It'll also open up a brand new culinary world to you), and you'll gain some useful knowledge. Identifying mushrooms is way easier than most of us think, and isn't as dangerous as what you might believe. As a little plus, you can definitely make a good impression with this kind of knowledge, in my opinion (especially with outdoorsy communities, others might just think you're a weirdo :P).
Doesn't seem like something I'd do, and also seems like it is as dangerous as I believe.

Quote from payne
- Hitch-hike! :awesome: It is one hell of a challenge to learn to trust people. You'll also get to meet extraordinary people, and will get out of this experience quite a few stories to tell.
I think it'd be a bit different to hitch-hike in New Jersey as opposed to Canada.

Quote from payne
- Cooking. Everyone enjoys living with someone who knows how to cook, including yourself.
I've started learning the basics since I've never really tried to cook. Eggs 'n shit.

Mar 6 2013, 2:52 pm Fire_Kame Post #40

wth is starcraft

Don't you know, lil? If it's green it's safe to eat.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum