Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: poison_us' Clueless Mafia
poison_us' Clueless Mafia
Dec 27 2012, 1:29 pm
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 810 >

Jan 9 2013, 2:46 am Azrael Post #101

Honestly, the screenshot shit is so obnoxious. I have two Mafia confirmed already, using screenshot-related tactics :/ I'd take a video of my role PM being opened in various browsers to further cement my own innocence, but the fact nearly every power role has claimed to me already is evidence that using videos isn't even necessary.

I think I'll do it anyways though, for the lulz. Give me a few minutes :awesome: I'll make a fake YouTube account to upload to.

Edit: Here it is! It's still uploading as of this post, and apparently has two hours to go, but I'll leave it here for when it finishes.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 9 2013, 3:20 am by Azrael.

Jan 9 2013, 10:47 am InsolubleFluff Post #102

Whilst your video is certainly spectacular, how is claiming to know role x, y and z, followed by a video showing all your PMs, going to help the town?

Additionally, in your crusade to receive screenshots, did it never occur to you that if all 16 players sent you a screenshot claiming town allegiance, that there are still people lying? Four of which are Mafia, so the actual information gained from your crusade is zero.

Unless you plan to cross reference one PM with another for discretions between the message and colour. However, the message and colour of one PM does not necessarily have to match another PM. To clarify, it is possible that more than one message, name and colour was sent out.

Whilst it is not possible that the number of roles has changed, the only real insight you can gain from this, is if multiple people are claiming the same role. Even then you only really discover that one of a few people is hiding their identity, not whether they are town aligned or mafia aligned.

tl;dr.
Azrael's plan can retain as much evidence as a sieve can retain water.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 9 2013, 11:04 am by InsolubleFluff.

None.

Jan 9 2013, 12:28 pm Azrael Post #103

Quote from InsolubleFluff
Whilst your video is certainly spectacular, how is claiming to know role x, y and z, followed by a video showing all your PMs, going to help the town?

It doesn't help or hurt it. I have PMs from most players already, so it doesn't mean much. I'm already a confirmed Town hub, thanks to the inclusion of screenshots. I specifically said I was just doing it for lulz.

Additionally, in your crusade to receive screenshots, did it never occur to you that if all 16 players sent you a screenshot claiming town allegiance, that there are still people lying? Four of which are Mafia, so the actual information gained from your crusade is zero.

Someone who obviously doesn't play Mafia much, if ever :rolleyes:

The actual information gained from gathering information as a hub is enough to win most games.

Whilst it is not possible that the number of roles has changed, the only real insight you can gain from this, is if multiple people are claiming the same role. Even then you only really discover that one of a few people is hiding their identity, not whether they are town aligned or mafia aligned.

The insight I gain is that one of two people are definitely Mafia, and I can use other tactics and behavioral analysis to determine which one.

In case you somehow missed it in my previous post, I've already confirmed two Mafia. That alone should have told you everything you just said is ignorant nonsense. Learn to play.

tl;dr.
InsolubleFluff has no idea how to play Mafia and thinks that it doesn't help the Town to organize via a confirmed hub.

Jan 9 2013, 1:23 pm InsolubleFluff Post #104

Quote from Azrael
It doesn't help or hurt it. I have PMs from most players already, so it doesn't mean much. I'm already a confirmed Town hub, thanks to the inclusion of screenshots. I specifically said I was just doing it for lulz.

Fair enough.

Quote from Azrael
Someone who obviously doesn't play Mafia much, if ever :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that I have not played a mafia game before?

Quote from Azrael
The actual information gained from gathering information as a hub is enough to win most games.

And what makes you a reliable person to trust?
Even if you prove to be Townperson as your PM suggests, there is no way to guarantee that you will not share my information with others who you think to be confirmed townperson, but actually are mafia in disguise.

Simply because I do not choose to join you in your scheming, does not mean that I am mafia. That being said, I would like somebody to kill you, that way you might be silenced.

Quote from Azrael
The insight I gain is that one of two people are definitely Mafia, and I can use other tactics and behavioral analysis to determine which one.

In case you somehow missed it in my previous post, I've already confirmed two Mafia. That alone should have told you everything you just said is ignorant nonsense. Learn to play.

tl;dr.
InsolubleFluff has no idea how to play Mafia and thinks that it doesn't help the Town to organize via a confirmed hub.

If your insight has lead you to the conclusion that I am mafia, I can safely guarantee you that your goose chase is wrong and that you have gained little information.

Also, if you have confirmed two mafia, why have you not listed them and given your evidence? I think truth be told, you have no solid evidence and your definition of confirmed strays far from mine and even Oxford's definition.

As for the tl;dr, I find it quite rude that you say I have no idea how to play the game. I do not care if we are in Null, but making a claim like that is mildly offensive.

None.

Jan 9 2013, 1:45 pm Azrael Post #105

Are you suggesting that I have not played a mafia game before?

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm stating that you haven't played enough Mafia games to know how to play. I would believe you if you said this was your first game.

And what makes you a reliable person to trust?
Even if you prove to be Townperson as your PM suggests, there is no way to guarantee that you will not share my information with others who you think to be confirmed townperson, but actually are mafia in disguise.

Right, because that's something I ever have or ever would do :rolleyes: Now that's offensive. I'm pretty tight with information, something you'd know if you'd played a Mafia game here anytime in the last three years. I have a pretty good track record.

Perhaps browse some of the previous Mafia games before making such baseless statements.

Simply because I do not choose to join you in your scheming, does not mean that I am mafia.

Right, it just means you don't care about the Town surviving, and would purposely act against its best interests. Therefore, you're either Mafia or a Townie who doesn't understand the most basic elements of the game.

That being said, I would like somebody to kill you, that way you might be silenced.

Of course you would, you're either Mafia or a really bad Townie, so of course you want to kill a confirmed Town hub.

If your insight has lead you to the conclusion that I am mafia, I can safely guarantee you that your goose chase is wrong and that you have gained little information.

Did I ever state you were Mafia? I merely said you're acting against the Town's best interests. That's an objective statement. You could just be a Town member unwittingly undermining his own team by refusing to cooperate with them.

Also, if you have confirmed two mafia, why have you not listed them and given your evidence?

LOL. It's terrible I have to explain such a basic concept.

What do you think the Mafia will do when I start publicly naming them during the night? You think, maybe, they might switch their hits to me? If I don't name them, they can't be sure I actually figured out their identities, and they won't waste some of their hits on a mere Townsman on the off chance I might know who some of them are.

Now, taking the risks into account, what benefits are there? What would you do with that information? What benefit will it serve anyone before voting starts? Oh right, there is none. The only person who could do anything with the name of a Mafia is the Vigilante, and I'd be more than happy to tell him via PM.

What negative aspects are involved with keeping the information private until the day starts? None, because I passed the information to two confirmed secondary hubs.

Basically, what I'm doing is the most strategically viable approach, and what you're suggesting would be nothing but detrimental to the Town.

Then again, this is the level of play I'd expect from someone who'd claim a power role publicly less than a minute after getting their role PM.

As for the tl;dr, I find it quite rude that you say I have no idea how to play the game.

I find a lot of what you've said quite rude and offensive, but that's Mafia for you.

Sit back and watch kiddo, maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

Jan 9 2013, 2:08 pm InsolubleFluff Post #106

Quote from Azrael
What do you think the Mafia will do when I start publicly naming them during the night? You think, maybe, they might switch their hits to me? If I don't name them, they can't be sure I actually figured out their identities, and they won't waste some of their hits on a mere Townsman on the off chance I might know who some of them are.

1. They might use your arrogance against you and have you lynched, that is supposing that they have not already put a hit against you.
2. If a towns person died, that is better than a Detective, Bulletproof and Doctor getting killed. So actually, you dying is intuitive. By revealing your role as a towns person brazenly, all you have done is made it easier in this game of whack-a-mole.
3. By keeping your information private and not sharing it with the town you are simply holding the town back from drawing any legitimate conclusions. Unless of course, you plan to continue playing regardless of whether or not you die.

Quote from Azrael
Now, taking the risks into account, what benefits are there? What would you do with that information? What benefit will it serve anyone before voting starts? Oh right, there is none. The only person who could do anything with the name of a Mafia is the Vigilante, and I'd be more than happy to tell him via PM.

1. This entire game is about behavioural analysis, if the mafia are not forced in to a corner, how will they ever crack?
2. How can you possibly aim to monitor the analysis of mafia when all you are interested in is capturing townsmen. It is all good and well that you believe you are some elite townsperson, but your arrogance has lead you to the conclusion that I am Mafia, which is wrong.

Quote from Azrael
What negative aspects are involved with keeping the information private until the day starts? None, because I passed the information to two confirmed secondary hubs.

1. What if those two confirmed hubs died tonight along with you?
2. What if those two confirmed hubs are mafia?
3. What if one of those two confirmed hubs are mafia and they know your play?

Your arrogance is making you try to out people within the town of their role and disclose it to people that you trust, but others may not necessarily trust.

Quote from Azrael
Basically, what I'm doing is the most strategically viable approach, and what you're suggesting would be nothing but detrimental to the Town.

Then again, this is the level of play I'd expect from someone who'd claim a power role publicly less than a minute after getting their role PM.

1. You have demonstrated little strategy more than asking everyone to PM you a screenshot and if they do not, then they must be mafia.
2. I am suggesting that people be intelligent and think for themselves. In the famous words of Tony Stark

"an intelligence organization that fears intelligence, statistically not cool"

3. Your entire claim to fame is that you did not have enough time to edit a pictorial post. That the time on your clock was too close to the time of your post, therefore it would not be possible to do it. If I recall, the time of your screenshot was 10:24 and the time of your post was 10:25. That in theory gave you up to 118 seconds to edit a photo and upload it. It is entirely logical that a person that knows what they are doing could do something as simple as editing a post with all the right tools set up, could do that in that time.

Furthermore, that is also claiming that you could not simply take a screenshot of your post, spend 20 minutes editing it, then take another screenshot to change the windows clock in the bottom right and then post. Quite frankly, the only evidence that I have seen from you that is even remotely plausible is the video evidence, and even then video editing is possible so forgive me for taking it with a pinch of salt.

Quote from Azrael
I find a lot of what you've said quite rude and offensive, but that's Mafia for you.

Sit back and watch kiddo, maybe you'll learn a thing or two.
What exactly have I said to be offensive to you? I do not believe that I have been rude, I simply challenged your lack of logic and claim of omnipotence because of a few screenshots that may or may not have been sent to you and may or may not have been valid.

ADDITIONALLY
You said you did not call me mafia, yet here you are:

Quote from Azrael
Two people have claimed Detective. One of them provided a screenshot.

The other one said "No, I'm not giving a screenshot or copying the text from my role PM, just believe me." Upon being informed of the role conflict, he said "I don't care if someone else claimed it, they are probably lying or something. I'm not giving anyone any proof of my role."

This person is InsolubleFluff.

Doctors, don't waste protection on him. The Vigilante will hopefully deal with him.

Either he or the other person is Mafia, putting him at 50% odds of being scum, not even considering his behavior.

You highlighted my name in red to indicate that I was mafia, not only that but you also made up those quotes, that is not what I said and we both know that is true. Whilst indeed your fabricated quotes are upon the same tangent of what I said, they are not quotation of anything I have said and you are drawing attention towards me under false intelligence.

None.

Jan 9 2013, 2:50 pm Azrael Post #107

If a towns person died, that is better than a Detective, Bulletproof and Doctor getting killed.

No, it depends who has each role. Take you, for example. It'd be better for you to die than any other Townie, regardless of your role.

By keeping your information private and not sharing it with the town you are simply holding the town back from drawing any legitimate conclusions.

Already explained how drawing these conclusions at night instead of during the day doesn't help the Town, and potentially hurts it. Pay attention.

This entire game is about behavioural analysis, if the mafia are not forced in to a corner, how will they ever crack?

I already pushed them into a corner, and they've already cracked. This has already been explained numerous times.

It is all good and well that you believe you are some elite townsperson, but your arrogance has lead you to the conclusion that I am Mafia, which is wrong.

I never said you were Mafia before, as already pointed out.

What if those two confirmed hubs died tonight along with you?

Because I don't have a Doctor protecting at least one of those people. You figured it out :rolleyes:

You have demonstrated little strategy more than asking everyone to PM you a screenshot and if they do not, then they must be mafia.

You're obviously grossly unfamiliar with reaction testing, among many other things.

I am suggesting that people be intelligent

Playing solo and only in your own interests and refusing to cooperate with anyone else is not how Town wins games. That simple. Something you'd know if you had any experience whatsoever.

Furthermore, that is also claiming that you could not simply take a screenshot of your post, spend 20 minutes editing it, then take another screenshot to change the windows clock in the bottom right and then post.

:facepalm:

It was posted less than a minute after I logged in for the first time after roles were sent out :rolleyes:

ADDITIONALLY
You said you did not call me mafia, yet here you are:

Quote from Azrael
Two people have claimed Detective. One of them provided a screenshot.

The other one said "No, I'm not giving a screenshot or copying the text from my role PM, just believe me." Upon being informed of the role conflict, he said "I don't care if someone else claimed it, they are probably lying or something. I'm not giving anyone any proof of my role."

This person is InsolubleFluff.

Doctors, don't waste protection on him. The Vigilante will hopefully deal with him.

Either he or the other person is Mafia, putting him at 50% odds of being scum, not even considering his behavior.

You highlighted my name in red to indicate that I was mafia

How did you miss the line "Either he or the other person is Mafia, putting him at 50% of being scum"? :|

not only that but you also made up those quotes, that is not what I said and we both know that is true.

It's called paraphrasing :| I concisely summarized everything you said.

Just sit back and watch, I'll show you how it's done. Take notes, maybe you'll start to understand the basics.

I guess we know who's getting lynched first, Mafia scum :)

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jan 9 2013, 3:34 pm by Azrael.

Jan 9 2013, 5:36 pm Wing Zero Post #108

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from Azrael
If a towns person died, that is better than a Detective, Bulletproof and Doctor getting killed.

No, it depends who has each role. Take you, for example. It'd be better for you to die than any other Townie, regardless of your role.
Because Azrael loves his sheep.

Jan 9 2013, 5:41 pm Azrael Post #109

Because Azrael loves players who actually contribute to the game.

Jan 9 2013, 5:51 pm InsolubleFluff Post #110

You should learn to love yourself first.

None.

Jan 9 2013, 6:26 pm NudeRaider Post #111

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

It's not a game anymore, Az. I wonder why you did it considering you were so adamantly against clues because they could confirm roles. What you did is even worse than an obvious clue. Because mafia could still try to find alternative interpretations for easy clues, or even argue the clue is TOO easy. But they can't do anything against a video. I thought you were a firm believer that this game is to be solved by behavioral analysis and not by creating proof of identity.

And poison why are you allowing this? This should be considered cheating and result in a ban. Unless you want your game to be remembered as the most uninteresting game ever, from a player perspective.

Jan 9 2013, 6:36 pm Azrael Post #112

I don't agree with clues or screenshots, as they both have negative effects on the game.

Quote from NudeRaider
I thought you were a firm believer that this game is to be solved by behavioral analysis and not by creating proof of identity.

I am, which is why I'm demonstrating how screenshots are detrimental to the game.

Quote from NudeRaider
And poison why are you allowing this? This should be considered cheating and result in a ban.

Really? If you missed it, he's the one that said we should do this. I'm just taking advantage of it.

By the way, I finally got a PM from the Vigilante. One of the Mafia will die tonight, assuming they aren't the Godfather.

Jan 9 2013, 6:45 pm NudeRaider Post #113

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Azrael
I am, which is why I'm demonstrating how screenshots are detrimental to the game.
In that case I support you. Actually I'd even ban quoting role PMs.

Quote from Azrael
Quote from NudeRaider
And poison why are you allowing this? This should be considered cheating and result in a ban.
Really? If you missed it, he's the one that said we should do this.
I didn't. I'm asking why.

Jan 9 2013, 6:56 pm Azrael Post #114

I wouldn't mind banning the quotation of role PMs, although I don't think it's really posed an issue in the past. The host can just make every role PM "You are <role>" to prevent the raw text of a role PM from holding any weight. An alternate method is that employed in my Mafia, where the Mafia themselves have all the role PMs, so trusting someone based on the text of their PM will allow Mafia to infiltrate the Town.

As for my "Really?", I thought you were saying you wanted him to ban me for doing it, even though he was the one who said to do it :P

Jan 9 2013, 7:02 pm InsolubleFluff Post #115

Looks like people were right about you Azrael.

None.

Jan 9 2013, 7:06 pm Azrael Post #116

Yeah, looks like all the things everyone has been saying about you in PMs and whispers are true after all.

Jan 9 2013, 7:26 pm InsolubleFluff Post #117

Along with the voices in your head, I am sure.

None.

Jan 9 2013, 8:09 pm Azrael Post #118

No, just real people. Unlike those you mentioned.

Jan 9 2013, 8:20 pm OlimarandLouie Post #119

Real... people...?

None.

Jan 9 2013, 10:52 pm poison_us Post #120

Back* from the grave

Quote from NudeRaider
First of all, I'm allowing it because Azrael explicitly stated how easy it would be for someone with the proper knowledge to fake it. The mere fact that he points out it would only take a small amount of knowledge and a recording program to create a video of what is supposedly a genuine role PM should have been enough to put some doubt in the validity of said videos. I can see this was a mistake on my part; I had assumed that people would be skeptical in a game of Mafia.

Second, and more importantly, I'm allowing it because I am not changing the rules after the game starts for any reason. I would expect you to understand the reasoning behind this without me actually needing to explain it.

Night 0 End
Log 1913:506 So, now that you've got your smoke, where were we?

"We were at the part where you gave me my damn phone call."

I don't think you're in any position to make demands.

"So you're implying I should tell you everything or else, huh? Well, sit back, this one's a doozy. I was supposed to head straight home after work one night, but I stopped by the bar. I sat down, had a few drinks, and nature called. On the way to the bathroom, these two guys were talking quietly. Heard something about killing a guy. They didn't seem too confident, though, they were awefully nervous as I walked past them. I pretended I didn't hear anything, and I finished my business in record time. Paid my tab and left to go back home, had enough of the day. As I turned down the street I lived on, someone walked across the street and onto the other sidewalk, like he was scared of me. I passed by someone sitting in a car, asleep, or maybe pretending to be. As I went to knock on his window and ask if he needed help, I saw the same two guys from the bar out of the corner of my eye. They weren't following me, else I don't think I'd be alive...The guy that had switched sides accidentally ran into them, and... and.."

Take your time, I'm sure this was a very traumatic experience for you.

"Wow, thank you for being so coldly sympathetic. Asshole. Anyway, all I saw was the blood. So much blood. And the screaming... I have never heard anything so aweful. Mr. Victim had been stabbed by one, and shot in the chest by the other. But here's the kicker, the owner of the house that this happened in front of had been sitting in the corner of his porch. He was a Vietnam vet, so he still had some fire...and a revolver. Shot the guy dead in his tracks as soon as he heard the scream, but his gun jammed as he aimed at the other guy. We both called 911, and two ambulances showed up. Since Dem0n was missing the majority of his head, the two EMTs that showed up tended to the other guy. Turns out Mr. Victim had a friend, because when I went to visit him his hospital gown was a bit oddly shaped, as if he had something under it. Didn't have it on before, we slowed the bleeding ourselves until the ambulances came."

Thank you, I believe that's enough for now. How about you follow me, we'll get you a shower and some clean clothes.

-End log

Day 1 Start!

You have 48 hours to vote for lynching! Day 1 will end at 6:00 Eastern, Friday the 11th, 2013.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 810 >
  Back to forum