Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: SC1 Contest Reboot #2: Fortnight Frenzy
SC1 Contest Reboot #2: Fortnight Frenzy
Jul 31 2011, 4:09 am
By: Sacrieur
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >

Aug 3 2011, 5:59 am Azrael Post #41

Quote from Pr0nogo
No, you can submit a modded .exe and still have your product judged.

You're not "submitting" a mod. You're submitting a map to the contest and providing the mod as additional content unrelated to the contest. The judges are not going to use your modded exe. Same as before. Not that complicated.

Aug 3 2011, 6:22 am TiKels Post #42

Sacrieur clarify the rules change, the wording you used it kinda ambiguous. Are judges supposed to play with the mod and not judge it by the mod, or are they supposed to not play with the mod at all?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 3 2011, 7:34 am DevliN Post #43

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

It seems like letting people submit mods would make the mod distracting to judges. What happens when someone makes something where the modded part is necessary for the map to function (not technically function, I mean as far as gameplay goes)? That wouldn't work too well.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 3 2011, 1:48 pm Pr0nogo Post #44

Quote from DevliN
It seems like letting people submit mods would make the mod distracting to judges. What happens when someone makes something where the modded part is necessary for the map to function (not technically function, I mean as far as gameplay goes)? That wouldn't work too well.

I expect that would lower the score, counting as 'incomplete', assuming the judges don't use the mod. If they do use the mod, they may not know that the bug existed in the first place.

Aug 3 2011, 3:50 pm Sacrieur Post #45

Still Napping

Quote from TiKels
Sacrieur clarify the rules change, the wording you used it kinda ambiguous. Are judges supposed to play with the mod and not judge it by the mod, or are they supposed to not play with the mod at all?

Judges are supposed to not play with the mod at all. I'll clean up the language a bit.

Quote from DevliN

The map will still be judged without the mod. It's likely to receive a very low score. So it's encouraged not to create a mod that changes important game data.

None.

Aug 4 2011, 4:10 am Echo Post #46

Can you explain what exactly you want from over the top theme. I have no idea what you want. All I read was bounds so I'm assuming some sort of hard bound map.

None.

Aug 4 2011, 6:34 am TiKels Post #47

Think Duke Nukem

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 4 2011, 7:21 am Azrael Post #48

Something that makes the player think "Wow, this is over the top!"

Aug 4 2011, 12:07 pm Pr0nogo Post #49

..lol Az.

Over the top as in FULLY VOICE ACTED 300MB MAP HOLY FUCK COMPRISING TWENTY MAJOR CHARACTERS WHO ALL HAVE DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES AND VOICES AND HOLY CRAP

Aug 4 2011, 3:19 pm Sacrieur Post #50

Still Napping

Quote from Echo
Can you explain what exactly you want from over the top theme. I have no idea what you want. All I read was bounds so I'm assuming some sort of hard bound map.

Push the player over the edge in an area. Make them go, "holy crap that was intense" or "holy crap that was cool" and then make it more intense or cooler. Overkill, ludicrous speed, and using a tactical nuke in Afghanistan are all examples of what can be considered over the top.

None.

Aug 4 2011, 4:15 pm Pr0nogo Post #51

Sacrieur was that an attempt at humour? holy crap

Aug 4 2011, 8:31 pm samsizzle Post #52

thanks for clarifying bro.

None.

Aug 4 2011, 11:53 pm TiKels Post #53

Make a story about a country that rises to power and targets nuclear facilities around the world with nuclear facilities. Like they actually fire nuclear facilities and other buildings as ICBMs due to ridiculous rocket technology.

-NudeRaider

Aug 5 2011, 12:06 am Sacrieur Post #54

Still Napping

Quote from Pr0nogo
Sacrieur was that an attempt at humour? holy crap

No, so if it wasn't funny, that's why.

None.

Aug 5 2011, 3:27 am Echo Post #55

I wish I knew that this topic started on July 31st sooner.

I'm going to have only 1 week to finish a map, but I'll do my best. Luckily my semester is ending on Tuesday, so I will be free after work which is like 5pm.

Will make it extremely hard that no one can beat so it causes rage quits.

None.

Aug 5 2011, 5:30 am Pr0nogo Post #56

So bros, since I'm withdrawing from the contest because I'm waiting for the next one that includes a whole campaign + optional mod, I'm offering my voice acting and editing talents to whoever needs them (warning; large influx of requests will cause me to be overloaded so first come first serve and after the first two people no one is guaranteed to make it in).

Example of work (Terran voices can be of higher quality than shown, the uploader's video/audio rate isn't very good):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Wn5FQzjkU

Happy mapping bros!

Aug 5 2011, 9:59 am DevliN Post #57

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Pr0nogo
So bros, since I'm withdrawing from the contest because I'm waiting for the next one that includes a whole campaign + optional mod
I'm fairly certain that the rules from this one will continue on to the other map-making contests.

Unless you mean some modding contest that I don't know about.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 5 2011, 3:28 pm Pr0nogo Post #58

No, I'm waiting for the next one specifically because it calls for an entire campaign and is a month long. Either Dem0n is hosting that or I myself am, but either way I'm going to have my own submission. I still felt like doing something for this though so I'm offering out vocal talents.

Aug 5 2011, 6:06 pm ubermctastic Post #59

I have been working on a map all week, but I'm not going to have time to finish all of it because I'm leaving town on Sunday, would it be ok if I submitted my map late, and finished, or do I have to give you whatever I have before I go?

None.

Aug 5 2011, 6:53 pm Sacrieur Post #60

Still Napping

Quote from name:K_A
I have been working on a map all week, but I'm not going to have time to finish all of it because I'm leaving town on Sunday, would it be ok if I submitted my map late, and finished, or do I have to give you whatever I have before I go?

Submit it now if you want it to be eligible for prizes.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >
  Back to forum