Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: SC1 Contest Reboot #2: Fortnight Frenzy
SC1 Contest Reboot #2: Fortnight Frenzy
Jul 31 2011, 4:09 am
By: Sacrieur
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7 >

Aug 7 2011, 3:23 pm Dem0n Post #81

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The theme is completely arbitrary now that I think about it, so I don't know how you'll be able to judge it well. "Over the top" doesn't mean much except exceeding someone's expectations. If a mapper knew how to only make simple defense maps, then a more "complex" map like Crash RPG may seem as over the top for him/her.

Aug 7 2011, 3:30 pm Sacrieur Post #82

Still Napping

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
The theme is completely arbitrary now that I think about it, so I don't know how you'll be able to judge it well. "Over the top" doesn't mean much except exceeding someone's expectations. If a mapper knew how to only make simple defense maps, then a more "complex" map like Crash RPG may seem as over the top for him/her.

Now you know why it is impossible to get disqualified from the theme, it's subject to a lot of interpretation, I was curious to see how it would work.

None.

Aug 7 2011, 3:33 pm Azrael Post #83

Quote from Sacrieur
Now you know why it is impossible to get disqualified from the theme

Then I would say it is a poor theme since the threat of disqualification is the entire point of having a theme :P

In reality, you could very easily disqualify people who clearly did not make their map with "over the top" in mind.

Aug 8 2011, 12:54 am UnholyUrine Post #84

I don't see how Zombie House is in anyway related to the theme.

It's probably one of the most discreet zombie games out there in SC1 UMS.

Also, the gun that costs 1700$ to buy has 20 ammo and has a huge ass reloading time
it one hit kills zombies, but that only gives me 20 minerals.
to get more ammo, I need to spend $400

so basically, with a new magazine, i can get max 400$.. which is the same cost as the magazine itself, so I will never earn anything
that's such a bad flaw.. ugh...

Tho I must commend you for making a very good zombie system.

None.

Aug 8 2011, 6:23 pm ubermctastic Post #85

It gives 20 ammo? It supposed to be 24. Its also strategically placed next to the upgrade that doubles magazine size + max ammo. Either way it will need to be fixed. I plan on making any necessary edits after I get back and the contest is over. Thanks for the help tho much appreciated :) o yes and it only 1 hits zombies until level 6 >.<

None.

Aug 8 2011, 7:13 pm TiKels Post #86

My judging scale is as such: I give everyone a 5 on everything (or 2.5 on the smaller ones) and alter it one way or the other depending on what I liked in the map. So pretty much as long as you submit a map that is kinda original, small amounts of attention to detail on terrain, audio, and text aesthetics (or at least 2 of those), has more than just a+moving in the gameplay, has some tiny bit of theme, and is done, you will score a 50%. Everything that goes above and beyond that gets more points.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 8 2011, 7:33 pm Sacrieur Post #87

Still Napping

You can still edit the map. We're not judging them until after the deadline.

None.

Aug 9 2011, 6:47 pm Apos Post #88

I order you to forgive yourself!

If I have time, I may try to make something. I have an idea.

Aug 9 2011, 8:37 pm Sacrieur Post #89

Still Napping

Quote from Apos
If I have time, I may try to make something. I have an idea.

Do itttttt.

None.

Aug 9 2011, 9:11 pm samsizzle Post #90

yep, that's an AoS

None.

Aug 10 2011, 11:51 pm UnholyUrine Post #91

Four days left :O

None.

Aug 11 2011, 9:53 pm Kusari Post #92

My project will be ready in 1-2 days, but I got stuck with some terrain blends...guess I'll send the map without them :stfu:

None.

Aug 11 2011, 11:31 pm Sacrieur Post #93

Still Napping

Quote from Kusari
My project will be ready in 1-2 days, but I got stuck with some terrain blends...guess I'll send the map without them :stfu:

You're more than welcome to ask this community for help.

None.

Aug 12 2011, 4:53 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #94

boom

Attachments:
Mario.scx
Hits: 9 Size: 962.44kb

None.

Aug 13 2011, 4:10 am Oh_Man Post #95

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
boom
Resubmission faaail.

Maps started previous to the starting of this contest are not allowed.

Aug 14 2011, 1:57 am Chia-Tyrant Post #96

Here's my entry. I started on friday so it's probably still pretty buggy. I've played it a few times with pubbies today and it seemed to run smoothly though.
Enjoy ^^

Edit: I keep fixing bugs so make sure you download the latest version.

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Aug 16 2011, 4:31 pm by chia-tyrant.

None.

Aug 14 2011, 2:04 am Sacrieur Post #97

Still Napping

Quote from Oh_Man
Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
boom
Resubmission faaail.

Maps started previous to the starting of this contest are not allowed.

Could you provide evidence of claim in question?

None.

Aug 14 2011, 2:22 am Echo Post #98

Gah I was going to start my map today because it was the only day I had free. I can't work on a map for hours on. I guess I will try out for the next contest. Good luck to the other contestants.

None.

Aug 14 2011, 2:26 am Chia-Tyrant Post #99

Could you provide evidence of claim in question?
Week #6 contest.

None.

Aug 14 2011, 2:50 am samsizzle Post #100

yeah, I'm not gonna be finished in time... shit got complicated.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7 >
  Back to forum