Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 29 2011, 4:54 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 2 3 439 >

Jul 29 2011, 4:26 pm poison_us Post #21

Back* from the grave

Quote from DevliN
Quote from poison_us
So...because basically nobody cared about forum games for about 3 months, then all of a sudden someone inquires about it, and the general response is "meh, we kinda don't care", of course the next logical approach is to skip the list completely.

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
*** LIST OF MAFIA HOSTERS ***

#5 - LoTu)S
#6 - poison_us
#7 - Raitaki
#8 - OlimarAndLouie
#9 - DevliN

:disgust:

Also, EDIT:
Quote from Roy
I'll play if you gratuitously place the mafia credits to the bottom of the OP.
You do realize that you're not really using "gratuitously" correctly?
LoTu)S said to skip him, so you should be hosting the next one. Or this one, I guess. :/
I didn't start because the general consensus was that nobody wanted Mafia. Nobody spoke up then, so I assumed that silence was consent.

Quote from lil-Inferno
Considering the last one ended months ago and no one seemed to live up to their promises with that list in the first place, fuck that list.
First, what promises? Second, regardless of that, wow. Someone has an ego.

Jul 29 2011, 4:54 pm lil-Inferno Post #22

Just here for the pie

Quote from Jack
SO MANY ROLES I DON'T EVEN

In I guess, but you should cut down on the roles. Best mafia games are the ones with like 30 people and 10 roles.
Most of those up there are just for reference, and will not necessarily be in play.

Quote from poison_us
First, what promises? Second, regardless of that, wow. Someone has an ego.
I apologize for the hostility. It was late at night and I was lacking good judgment. Also by promises I mean that people would actually host once it was their time in the lineage.

Jul 29 2011, 5:14 pm poison_us Post #23

Back* from the grave

You have my reasons for not hosting, as for Lotus I can't remember if/what reasons were given.

Also, might as well IN.

Jul 29 2011, 5:20 pm LoTu)S Post #24

Quote from poison_us
You have my reasons for not hosting, as for Lotus I can't remember if/what reasons were given.

Also, might as well IN.

Lack of interest/motivation/time. Im on vacation now, and i could use some forum games during downtimes

Also, after seeing Norm's 5th mafia game void of sufficient players, i concluded everyone wanted a break from Mafia for a bit, so i took a break from that as well.

None.

Jul 29 2011, 10:12 pm TiKels Post #25

Uhh I just want to ask, when you say Cosa, do you mean the first link?

Seriously, I think you mean Casa (spanish for house)

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 29 2011, 10:39 pm NicholasBeige Post #26

I'm in.

But only as incentive for the admins to sort out my inbox (which currently can't receive messages) :facepalm:

None.

Jul 29 2011, 10:54 pm DevliN Post #27

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:Cardinal
But only as incentive for the admins to sort out my inbox (which currently can't receive messages) :facepalm:
...not much of an incentive. The priority fix seems to work for everyone else. Not sure why it wont for you.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 30 2011, 12:11 am lil-Inferno Post #28

Just here for the pie

Quote from TiKels

Wrong. Cosa Nostra is another word (well, phrase) for the Sicilian Mafia. Cosa Infernostra is a play on that.

Jul 30 2011, 12:35 am Riney Post #29

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from DevliN
Quote from name:Cardinal
...not much of an incentive. The priority fix seems to work for everyone else. Not sure why it wont for you.

Cause card is a meanie :awesome:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jul 30 2011, 3:17 am Dem0n Post #30

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from TiKels

That doesn't make any bit of sense bro. Don't try to act smart. :massimo:

lil, I think you should list the powers of each role along with giving a description. It makes it a lot easier for others to see which role does what without having to read through a long description. And I agree with Jack about there being too many roles. Everything after Detective should be cut. >_>

Jul 30 2011, 3:25 am lil-Inferno Post #31

Just here for the pie

Quote from TiKels

lil, I think you should list the powers of each role along with giving a description. It makes it a lot easier for others to see which role does what without having to read through a long description. And I agree with Jack about there being too many roles. Everything after Detective should be cut. >_>
It's not that long of a read for any of them. :massimo:

Also in my reply to Jack's post I mentioned that most of those won't be used, and it says so in the original post.

Jul 30 2011, 4:25 am Echo Post #32

Sign me up

None.

Jul 30 2011, 4:27 am LoTu)S Post #33

Quote from TiKels

Right, because "House Fire" would totally make a good name for a mafia game.:rolleyes:

None.

Jul 30 2011, 4:29 am xAngelSpiritx Post #34

eternal lurker

I don't think I've ever seen that many roles in one game.

But screw it. Count me in.

None.

Jul 30 2011, 4:39 am lil-Inferno Post #35

Just here for the pie

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
I don't think I've ever seen that many roles in one game.

But screw it. Count me in.
As I've said twice already, not all of those are being used.

Jul 30 2011, 10:39 pm Wing Zero Post #36

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I'm in.

Jul 30 2011, 10:59 pm Aristocrat Post #37

To prevent a mafioso from being elected as Mayor, here is the strategy I have in mind:

The BELL RINGER will vote for himself during the mayoral elections, and immediately end the day with the same post. This means that the only candidate for the Mayoral elections would be him, winning with 1 vote against everyone else's 0 votes, allowing the town to use him as a nearly invincible confirmed townie.

For this to succeed, the town must not post a vote before he does. Therefore, if your role is town-aligned, please do not vote in the mayoral elections. Placing a vote only compromises this plan. Anyone caught voting on day 1 without the day ending immediately afterward should be treated as mafia.

(After the mayor is elected, all players are to send a PM to the mayor containing their role. Day 2 will be a declared Triple Lynching day with the mayor listing all roles with contradictory claims as well as all members who have not sent in a PM containing their role, with the three most suspicious people lynched.)

None.

Jul 30 2011, 11:33 pm lil-Inferno Post #38

Just here for the pie

Quote from Aristocrat
To prevent a mafioso from being elected as Mayor, here is the strategy I have in mind:

The BELL RINGER will vote for himself during the mayoral elections, and immediately end the day with the same post. This means that the only candidate for the Mayoral elections would be him, winning with 1 vote against everyone else's 0 votes, allowing the town to use him as a nearly invincible confirmed townie.

For this to succeed, the town must not post a vote before he does. Therefore, if your role is town-aligned, please do not vote in the mayoral elections. Placing a vote only compromises this plan. Anyone caught voting on day 1 without the day ending immediately afterward should be treated as mafia.

(After the mayor is elected, all players are to send a PM to the mayor containing their role. Day 2 will be a declared Triple Lynching day with the mayor listing all roles with contradictory claims as well as all members who have not sent in a PM containing their role, with the three most suspicious people lynched.)
Bell ringer can't use his power during mayor elections.

I think it'd be REALLY advantageous to a Mafia family if one of their goons was elected mayor, though. Not only would the don be protected, but one of the killers would too. Mayors can always be lynched though.

Jul 31 2011, 12:01 am TiKels Post #39

Quote from TiKels

Quote from LoTu)S
Quote from TiKels

Right, because "House Fire" would totally make a good name for a mafia game.:rolleyes:
I'm gonna just go ahead and defend myself and say that I thought he was calling it Inferno's House, not house fire. That would be stupid. I'm not trying to act smart. Seriously I just had no clue what it was. The link was supposed to be a joke, did you even read what it was? I posted it because it made me lul. No reason to be an ass.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 31 2011, 12:56 am Tempz Post #40

Lol the bell ringer role would be rigged as it would be impossible for a mafia to be mayor

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 439 >
  Back to forum