Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: TERRARIA
TERRARIA
May 14 2011, 9:23 pm
By: MadZombie
Pages: < 1 « 26 27 28 29 3036 >

Oct 11 2011, 6:41 am The Starport Post #541

Cool, but impossible to see block types with those lights. They look like something you should only get as a debuff from eating a glowing mushroom or something.

I'm getting the feeling they're just adding in random crap, now. I'd be fine with that if they addressed some issues while they were at it, though.

None.

Oct 11 2011, 7:16 am Azrael Post #542

The main issue I want addressed is that I want the game to mute when I minimize it.

It's so ridiculously annoying to try to do anything else while Terraria is open, it's all sounds of zombies growling or goblins attacking.

The pipes suggestion is really good, I'd like to see machines as well. Like, a pump that the pipe runs through, and you can turn the pump on and off like opening and closing a door. Every pump that the length of pipe runs through must be on for the effect you described to work. Maybe it could even have multiple paths, so you turn off the paths you don't want the water to flow through and direct it to wherever you need it.

I guess this could be done with just valves, but still, machines and such would be neat :P I want to actually be able to make things, like the way you use redstone in Minecraft. Using background walls, this should certainly be possible.

Oct 11 2011, 7:19 am LoveLess Post #543

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

They could easily utilize copper for electronics, it lacks any sort of use later in the game. As for piping, I would also enjoy this but they would first need to add about a dozen more liquid tiles and redo the whole fluid system before I would even approve of them adding a pipe system.

None.

Oct 11 2011, 8:27 am The Starport Post #544

How would they redo the fluid system? I think they just need to make it less of a lag monstrosity, if anything. I know there are ways to optimize that shit.

Maybe also nerf small lava puddles, too.

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
The main issue I want addressed is that I want the game to mute when I minimize it.

It's so ridiculously annoying to try to do anything else while Terraria is open, it's all sounds of zombies growling or goblins attacking.
You can mute the application under system volume I believe.

None.

Oct 11 2011, 8:40 am Azrael Post #545

I have Windows XP, it's the best at everything except muting applications.

To the best of my knowledge.

Also, it'd be a pain in the ass to mute the application every time I want to minimize the window to do something else. Can't watch videos, movies, or listen to music if Terraria is running because GRAWWR, fucking zombie apparently wants to eat you.

It's really inexcusable, I have no other game that doesn't mute itself while minimized.

Oct 11 2011, 6:45 pm Wing Zero Post #546

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

It mutes if you dont minimize it and just leave it in the background while doing something else

Oct 11 2011, 6:58 pm Azrael Post #547

When I alt + tab to a different window, the same thing happens.

Oct 11 2011, 7:43 pm Wing Zero Post #548

Try manually clicking on another window in the taskbar

Oct 12 2011, 12:58 am Heinermann Post #549

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

@Wing Zero: AFAIK it doesn't mute any sounds. It will only mute the music.
The only way to mute it is via the system volume mixer (if your OS supports it).

Not only will sound keep playing, but it will still poll for mouse input. So if you switch to firefox and click on some links... whoops, just tossed a Sunfury away!

I'm also for the pipes, new liquid engine, and mechanical stuff rather than electronic stuff.

Oct 29 2011, 4:15 am Wing Zero Post #550

How long till the next patch comes out? I kinda feel like I did everything there is to do in the game.

Nov 1 2011, 12:00 am Heinermann Post #551

This month, or the next.

BTW guys, I'd like to share how incompetent the Terraria Online moderators are: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/npc-voices.61361/

Quote from Heinermann
Please tell me HOW the following threads are duplicates?

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/voice-overs.61069/#post-1134597
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threa...t-per-npc-who-would-you-choose-and-why.56282/

The first that I would have posted in is locked and borderline suggestion.
The second is not a suggestion, merely a general topic.

So where is the duplicate thread? Please tell me where in the suggestions sub-forum this is a duplicate?

Quote from Darkas-Pony
The suggestion was already made, the fact that was locked or not does not change the fact that was already suggested, so there is no point to suggest it again.

Quote from Heinermann
I always search before making a suggestion, and these suggestions did not appear. Locking the topic with no proof at all (not even a hint) that it was ever suggested will only prevent proper feedback on new suggestions.

Quote from Darkas-Pony
The you didnt search properly, because I did find it.

Yeah, Rarity didnt put the link to the thread, but I did, so you know it already.

Quote from Heinermann
Please read the topic carefully.
In what way could it possibly be related?

The only links you posted were to a locked thread and a general topic for choosing voice actors which was NEVER a suggestion.

Quote from Darkas-Pony
I told you already, the fact that the first thread was locked does not mean it wasn't already suggested.

The thread was suggested, it was locked, then you posted the same suggestion and now it is locked because it was already made.

Please, someone tell me how this is the same suggestion as the ones linked by those moderators?

I guess I can associate ponies with retards now...

Nov 1 2011, 12:06 am Dem0n Post #552

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

lawl. Mods on gaming sites are getting dumber and dumber. They're the same over at the battle.net forums. ;o

Nov 1 2011, 12:31 am UnholyUrine Post #553

Not that I don't agree with you, but.. Haven't you learn anything from staying here at SEN?

None.

Nov 1 2011, 12:39 am The Starport Post #554

I personally had much better luck posting on reddit. Backseat game development is still silly, though.
I guess I can associate ponies with retards now...
:wut:

None.

Nov 1 2011, 3:58 am Heinermann Post #555

It is just very frustrating. Anyway I will probably just email any future (refined) suggestions to the developers directly (the forum suggestion wasn't too refined).

1.1: Coloured torches, merging walls, placable angel statues, armor stands, crap ton of more furniture, glass background (windows), more enemies, new biome, corruption spreads through desert and ocean, new ores, items (including a drill, which is probably better than both molten/nightmare pickaxe combined), and a lot more

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 1 2011, 4:08 am by Heinermann.

Nov 1 2011, 7:50 pm Dem0n Post #556

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I liked the game more when it was medieval-ish with only swords/bows/pickaxes. I don't like how they add guns/rockets/drills to it. :\

Nov 2 2011, 12:31 am ClansAreForGays Post #557

I can tolerate the guns, but seeing lasers shooting across the screen really kills it for me.

Nov 2 2011, 12:54 am The Starport Post #558

Try not to think too much into it. :rolleyes:

None.

Nov 2 2011, 8:56 pm MadZombie Post #559

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/bunny-power.61945/

My little pony biome

None.

Nov 3 2011, 12:06 am Heinermann Post #560

I am going to enjoy killing ponies.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 26 27 28 29 3036 >