Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Make Me an Avatar!
Make Me an Avatar!
Feb 23 2011, 2:06 am
By: rayNimagi  

Feb 28 2011, 12:36 pm poison_us Post #21

Back* from the grave

Quote from NudeRaider
I'm gonna assume when you I'm taking the original png I'm seeing the captain's avatar in Firefox and the Desu thing in Chrome (or any browser ignoring alpha channel)?
Alpha channel roughly translates to transparency. .GIFs only have 2 states for alpha: on/off. .PNGs can use the full range of alpha, all Riney did before was reduce the alpha channel to on/off to save space.

Besides, I never said it couldn't be stolen, just said that they can't. Apparently you have something they don't, Nudiepants ;)

Feb 28 2011, 1:26 pm NudeRaider Post #22

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

lol.
Alright, gonna set it back then.

Feb 28 2011, 5:36 pm Riney Post #23

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from poison_us
Quote from NudeRaider
I'm gonna assume when you I'm taking the original png I'm seeing the captain's avatar in Firefox and the Desu thing in Chrome (or any browser ignoring alpha channel)?
Alpha channel roughly translates to transparency. .GIFs only have 2 states for alpha: on/off. .PNGs can use the full range of alpha, all Riney did before was reduce the alpha channel to on/off to save space.

Besides, I never said it couldn't be stolen, just said that they can't. Apparently you have something they don't, Nudiepants ;)

We could just skip the alpha bs and just screenshot it ;D

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Feb 28 2011, 7:57 pm poison_us Post #24

Back* from the grave

Quote from Riney
Quote from poison_us
Quote from NudeRaider

We could just skip the alpha bs and just screenshot it ;D
Because it wouldn't be the same image, it's technically not stealing.

Mar 3 2011, 1:41 pm NudeRaider Post #25

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

And for images containing partially transparent pixels it'd be hard to filter out the background. Although on SEN it wouldn't be that hard because of the uniform background.

Options
  Back to forum