Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Super Fantastic Real Adventure of...
The Super Fantastic Real Adventure of...
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 12 2011, 7:27 pm
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: 1 2 328 >

Feb 12 2011, 7:27 pm Fire_Kame Post #1

wth is starcraft

Let's play a text adventure game! Here's the rules...
You give me commands.
The first command will be the action I respond to.
All of you represent this one character. ONE. Not individual characters for each of you.

I won't respond to commands I don't recognize. To make sure its recognized, be descriptive. Include at least how and what. So, instead of saying "go out window," say "jump out window."

This is silly fun, please don't take it too seriously. In light of that, key events, phrases, objects will be IN CAPS in media res of the text. So pay attention.

Your stats are determined by personality. Your personality also determines what size and what is in your inventory - if you even have one.

The first round is dedicated to determining personality. We'll go with majority rule for this round only. So even if you see someone has responded, still respond. After the first round, though, it will be as I said above...entirely dependent on who gets here first.

The only setting clue I will give you is that you are currently going to college. Everything else will be determined by how you respond to the form below...

Field of Study:
Aspirations:
Usual Mood:

Feb 12 2011, 7:41 pm ClansAreForGays Post #2

Field of Study: World History
Aspirations: forming a gang
Usual Mood: Alert

Feb 12 2011, 7:48 pm The Starport Post #3

Field of Study: Computer Science
Aspirations: Money. Lots.
Usual Mood: Cantankerous.

None.

Feb 12 2011, 7:48 pm Echo Post #4

Field of Study: Architecture
Aspirations: To have tentacle penis to rape anime girls
Usual Mood: Horny with a flaccid penis

None.

Feb 12 2011, 7:52 pm OlimarandLouie Post #5

Field of Study: Physics
Aspirations: To get married
Usual Mood: Happy-go-lucky

None.

Feb 12 2011, 8:26 pm Raitaki Post #6

Field of Study: Erm......Military school? :hurr:
Aspirations: Create a Nazi United States
Usual Mood: Cold, alert and sly

None.

Feb 12 2011, 9:46 pm ClansAreForGays Post #7

I think a neutered male or female character would be quite interesting.

Feb 12 2011, 9:49 pm lil-Inferno Post #8

Just here for the pie

Field of Study: PHILOSOPHY
Aspirations: None
Usual Mood: Emotionless
KARMIC BALANCE: EVIL.

Feb 12 2011, 9:50 pm ClansAreForGays Post #9

God you're slow Kame. Hurry up and make your post, I want to read it b4 i gtg

Feb 12 2011, 10:15 pm Fire_Kame Post #10

wth is starcraft

Field of Study: World History
Aspirations: To make a shit ton of money
Usual Mood: Alert
Name: TONY

You are a student at STATE HILLS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, a university renowned for its Computer Science and Physics programs. However, as you study World History, it is apparent that your PARENTS both of which are alumni of this prestigious institution, forced you to go there over another state school with equally prestigious social science and literature colleges. You have two semesters left before GRADUATION, at which point you'll have to find a REAL JOB that meets or exceeds your aspirations. Let's look at your stats...

(out of a cap of 15)
LUCK RATING: 3
PERSONALITY: 4
INTELLIGENCE: 8
CONFIDENCE: 3
STAMINA: 2
AWARENESS: 8
SWAGGER: 2

World History is a relatively small department, and so you are well known within the department. Your professors like you due to your INTELLIGENCE rating, but your contemporaries find you paranoid and fidgety due to your disproportionate AWARENESS and SWAGGER ratings. Outside of your department, you have trouble meeting and keeping friends - mostly due to your low CONFIDENCE level. Don't worry, as you go on in your college career your stats may change for better or worse. You are aware that actions dictate your karma, but you are unsure as to how it looks specifically. For the most part, it looks subjective. Let's look at your renown ratings...

KARMIC ALIGNMENT: Neutral(+/- 0)
GOOD DEEDS: 0
BAD DEEDS: 0
GRADES: 3.8 GPA

Due to being in your last year of college, you feel that you should make it your best year. You are aware that you need to come up with a SENIOR THESIS TOPIC for your APPLICATIONS OF WORLD HISTORY class due before MONDAY. You also have several TEXTBOOKS to read in three of your other classes. We find you in the LIBRARY at EIGHT AM on a SATURDAY. The LIBRARY is well lit, with windows covering each wall. To the NORTH is a staircase down to reference. To the EAST is a staircase up to the computer labs and several classrooms. Both WEST and SOUTH contain shelves of books, study tables, and check out tables. It is relatively quiet as everyone except you appears to be sleeping off a hangover from yesterday. Being the good student that you are, you've populated an INVENTORY to help you study:

LEFT POCKET (two slots)
pen
cell phone

RIGHT POCKET (two slots)
mp3 player
[empty]

BACK POCKET (one slot)
wallet with cash, credit card, schedule, and campus ID.

BACKPACK (ten slots)
THE EVOLUTION OF EUROPEAN GOVERNMENT textbook
APPLICATIONS OF WORLD HISTORY textbook
BEOWULF for WORLD LITERATURE V
ASIA IN THE 19th CENTURY textbook
THREE RINGED BINDER
POCKET CALENDAR
[empty]
[empty]
[empty]
[empty]

What do you do? O_O

Feb 12 2011, 10:40 pm Symmetry Post #11

Dungeon Master

jump out window

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Feb 13 2011, 2:13 am Centreri Post #12

Relatively ancient and inactive

/thread

None.

Feb 13 2011, 2:39 am Raitaki Post #13

<beep beep bzz> MIDATAKE HIGH MODE.

Go EAST and search desks until I find a Death Note, then equip it.

None.

Feb 13 2011, 3:08 am FoxWolf1 Post #14

Is this going to involve killing a cleaning guy with some wax? [/obscuregamingreference]

None.

Feb 13 2011, 3:16 am Riney Post #15

Thigh high affectionado

Meet a Giant Fish

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Feb 13 2011, 3:24 am lil-Inferno Post #16

Just here for the pie

Raid someone who is sleeping's dorm and hit them with THE EVOLUTION OF EUROPEAN GOVERNMENT textbook.

Feb 13 2011, 5:01 am Derqua Post #17

Smoke all the weed you can find.

None.

Feb 13 2011, 5:06 am CaptainWill Post #18

I knew this would happen. It's why these threads don't work very well - when I was doing mine I ended up wasting my time describing a piece of bread because people were examining it.

You put your headphones on and listen to a self-help tape, while reading ASIA IN THE 19th CENTURY and taking notes, hoping that you might be able to find inspiration for your thesis.

None.

Feb 13 2011, 7:18 am Fire_Kame Post #19

wth is starcraft

Quote from Symmetry
jump out window
You run head first into the closest WINDOW. However, the windows are bullet proof and double paned, and your STAMINA rating is not high enough to do any damage to the glass. Instead, you sustain a bloody nose and lose one SWAGGER point. Unfortunately, some girls were walking by and giggled at you as you made an ass of yourself.

You've discovered a new axis of karma! You received one RTARD point, putting you at neutral stupid.

Quote from Raitaki
<beep beep bzz> MIDATAKE HIGH MODE.

Go EAST and search desks until I find a Death Note, then equip it.
There is no death note.

Quote from Riney
Meet a Giant Fish
Command not recognized.

Quote from lil-Inferno
Raid someone who is sleeping's dorm and hit them with THE EVOLUTION OF EUROPEAN GOVERNMENT textbook.
What dorm?

Quote from Derqua
Smoke all the weed you can find.
After searching the library thoroughly, you do not find any weed. However, you did find some SUSPICIOUS LOOKING ERASERS, and so you put them in your RIGHT POCKET.

You suddenly realize that it is now NOON. Partially hungover colleagues have started wandering into the library, half-heartedly looking for books on their research topics or else browsing Facebook. You are suddenly aware that your FARMVILLE CROPS have ripened.

Quote from CaptainWill
I knew this would happen. It's why these threads don't work very well - when I was doing mine I ended up wasting my time describing a piece of bread because people were examining it.

You put your headphones on and listen to a self-help tape, while reading ASIA IN THE 19th CENTURY and taking notes, hoping that you might be able to find inspiration for your thesis.

Still in the back of the library due to your pot escapades, it takes you no time to find a secluded DESK in a quiet part of the LIBRARY. You start up your favorite self-help track titled "What color is your parachute?" and crack open your ASIA IN THE 19th CENTURY textbook. You have two hundred pages to read. Luckily, due to your intelligence rating and your smart study habits, you will only be here for a little while if you get started now.

Due to your moderately high AWARENESS stat, you notice things - sometimes mere details - without being prompted. To the WEST and SOUTH are windows, showing you the well kept and active QUAD. It looks like that the STUDENT COUNCIL is trying to set up some sort of mixer. To the EAST and NORTH are rows of books, where rarely a student mingles, usually underclassmen.

ENDING STATS

OC Notes:
Will - haha...the bread. Don't worry. If it gets out of hand everyone gets eaten by grues. :awesome:
Also, thought I should mention that the reason why I took several quotes this turn is because I could respond to them with one sentence. Don't expect that too often.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 13 2011, 7:25 am by Fire_Kame.

Feb 13 2011, 8:52 am Riney Post #20

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from Riney
Meet a Giant Fish
Command not recognized.

NO, YOU FUCK ITS BRAINS OUT

God :awesome:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --