Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 25 26 27 28 2954 >

Feb 10 2012, 2:52 am mrdorkus Post #521

Does this update include Catacombs?

None.

Feb 10 2012, 3:04 am Ahli Post #522

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from mrdorkus
No, just all changes I made from the last orange update message in the thread.

Feb 10 2012, 4:39 am payne Post #523

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
Quote from mrdorkus
No, just all changes I made from the last orange update message in the thread.
Did you contact Corbo yet? :O

None.

Feb 10 2012, 12:41 pm Terran Post #524

NP, Anything I can do to keep this going! XD, Looking forward to magic rock&cats. Again, lmk if you need a NA tester. Speaking of which the only few things I think could be worth looking into so far;

Relics seem to be fairly useless, I only keep one as a spare for enough mp for town portal
Golem seems slightly overpowered, and if im correct about auto-spawning mobs, it will let people auto-level while afk.
Charged bolt is extremely overpowered imo. I destroy everything with it and books are easy to find. still <3 it tho.
There seem to be an over abundance of 'lame' magics. somewhere around 1/3 of the blues I seem to get have more 'lame' stats than good.

All of that is completely irrelivant to me in comparison to how awesome the game is, just figured you might want some feedback, and as usual keep up the great work!
Terran

None.

Feb 10 2012, 10:58 pm mrdorkus Post #525

Terran, how do you even have spells like fireball, golem and chain lightning? what level is your character? It's hard to level at 15 that I didn't even bother. Most enemies don't even give you exp at that point and the ones that do give really little. Is there some strategy you used to level that I'm not aware of? It seems like way too much time to waste to bother, that's why I'm just waiting for Catacombs to be unlocked.

None.

Feb 11 2012, 8:25 am Terran Post #526

Right, and no there's not any specific thing I was doing, but I did not have fireball, or chain lightning, only have golem as charges. Thats why IMO it was OP because at lvl 1 it kills everything up to cath 4 1v1 easily. Anyway, I'll try to answer:
!. I dont have those spells besides golem, thats just charges.
2. my char is about lvl 15 I think.
3. I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but when using charged bolt you can simply move around with left click and when u mouse over an enemy it will auto cast until said enemy is dead, then continue movement. That sped me up a lot once I figured it out, rather than use firebolt/any-other-spell. And I seemed to keep getting xp, even from low lvl creatures. So I'm not quite too sure about that one, maybe I'm wrong I can't remember honestly.
4. Yes, it probably is too much time to bother, but I love bothering. This game is well worth the few hours I've put into it xD
5. Also cant wait for cats! ¿win ken eye hez katzbergurz?

None.

Feb 11 2012, 10:55 am mrdorkus Post #527

Well, to tell you, Golem in the original game wasn't overpowered, in fact, it was almost useless. Usually, only in normal difficulty would you find it useful. In Nightmare and Hell, its pretty much useless as it dies too quickly. The fact it's useful in the first 4 levels doesn't mean much and since there's a exp reduction as you level (like I said before, you only get some exp from monsters at level 15, most give no exp), you can't level too much or even fast.

However, this is a good catch that you found and I hope Ahli will address it (I never bothered with charges so didn't realize there's golem spell available through charges). I really hope Ahli will make Golem spell viable even in Nightmare and Hell difficulty (unlike the original) and some how remedy the possible farming of exp from spawning monsters and Golem combination.

The only thing I can think of to remedy this is to have no spawning of monsters near the player (this also helps newer players from being overwhelmed by spawning monsters). This way, monsters still spawn but no where near you so you can't just be afk and expect auto kills with Golem. You still need to run around and fight.

However, even with no fix to this, I don't think it'll be that big of a deal since Golem life doesn't regenerate (or at least I don't think it does) so going afk will eventually get yourself killed. Golem fairs the best in the lower levels since the enemies are weak. Test it yourself and see how long the Golem will last before it dies. Even let's say 20 minutes doesn't give you much exp for being afk, and you'll probably die eventually (or your armors will break, which is even worse).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 11 2012, 12:04 pm by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 12 2012, 10:14 am ngn Post #528

Bugreport: As I approched The Butchers room I could see him at the corner of the room from the outside stuck at the corner (forgot to make screenshot :/)
He could be attacked and cast spells at, took damage but didnt retaliate. He then "glitched" around a little and completely through the walls, making tiny stuttersteps in various directions and then "unglitched" and moved/attacked regularly after ~10 seconds. He died with the door to his room still closed.

None.

Feb 12 2012, 1:01 pm Ahli Post #529

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from ngn
Bugreport: As I approched The Butchers room I could see him at the corner of the room from the outside stuck at the corner (forgot to make screenshot :/)
He could be attacked and cast spells at, took damage but didnt retaliate. He then "glitched" around a little and completely through the walls, making tiny stuttersteps in various directions and then "unglitched" and moved/attacked regularly after ~10 seconds. He died with the door to his room still closed.
I've recently added a table to his room. I guess he spawned onto the table and could then walk into the wall.
Open the door and his stupidity ends or lure him far enough away from the door.

news:
- fixed a bug where the butcher could leave his room through the walls.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Feb 12 2012, 1:15 pm by Ahli.

Feb 14 2012, 4:40 am Terran Post #530

Not trying to bug you or be rude xD, but if you have any estimation as to when extra playable levels will/could be released, I would greatly appreciate it! if not... well anythings better than blizzards estimations, even nothing at all. xP
Terran

None.

Feb 14 2012, 8:38 am Ahli Post #531

Quote from Terran
Not trying to bug you or be rude xD, but if you have any estimation as to when extra playable levels will/could be released, I would greatly appreciate it! if not... well anythings better than blizzards estimations, even nothing at all. xP
Terran
Not before April. Possibly much later.
I've no semester vacations this semester and that was the time where I was able to do most during the last semesters.
In theory I'm busy till September, so I can only progress slowly. :S

edit:
news:
- added arkaine's valor quest room into the catacombs.
- added first unique item
- arkaine's valor quest should be complete now ;D
- fixed a missing rare name entry for rings

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Feb 21 2012, 3:35 am by Ahli.

Feb 22 2012, 12:50 am mrdorkus Post #532

Is the first unique Arkaine's Valor (armor)? What is it? Based on you adding rare items in this game makes them better than D1 uniques so I hope you went with the suggestion of using D2 uniques stats on D1 weapons & armor. Other, D1 uniques will be worthless.

I assume the layout for catacombs is done, the only thing left is the quest to be added and the layout for the quest generated right? But your estimation is that that won't be done until after April? It seems like you're making some progress as if Arkaine's valor quest is done, and I assume Black anvil one is also, that makes 2 quest out of 5 quest for catacombs area (there's halls of the blind, skeleton room with guardian spell as reward (can't remember the name of that quest) and the Mad sorcerer quest, I think that's all of it).

This game was listed on the second page on popularity, but now, I think it's on 8+ pages. Catacombs will be a good boost in popularity, hope it releases soon. Good luck. Can I help in some way? I know some programing.

None.

Feb 22 2012, 1:35 am Ahli Post #533

Quote from mrdorkus
Is the first unique Arkaine's Valor (armor)? What is it? Based on you adding rare items in this game makes them better than D1 uniques so I hope you went with the suggestion of using D2 uniques stats on D1 weapons & armor. Other, D1 uniques will be worthless.
Yes, it's Arkaine's Valor. It consists out of similiar stats, but it has no fixed stats, so it's random within a specified range. So you can find good and bad Arkaine's Valors.

Quote from mrdorkus
I assume the layout for catacombs is done, the only thing left is the quest to be added and the layout for the quest generated right? But your estimation is that that won't be done until after April? It seems like you're making some progress as if Arkaine's valor quest is done, and I assume Black anvil one is also, that makes 2 quest out of 5 quest for catacombs area (there's halls of the blind, skeleton room with guardian spell as reward (can't remember the name of that quest) and the Mad sorcerer quest, I think that's all of it).
Gargoyles need to go into their sleeping form, horned demons need a form of sprinting attack somehow, I need to implement a mage monster for the Zhar the Mad quest, I need to add quests: Zhar the mad, halls of the blind, chamber of bones. I need to add doodads, some new containers (sarcophargus and barrels [should spawn in clusters]).

Quote from mrdorkus
This game was listed on the second page on popularity, but now, I think it's on 8+ pages. Catacombs will be a good boost in popularity, hope it releases soon. Good luck. Can I help in some way? I know some programing.
I expect that will happen. ^^

Programming won't help much understanding my hundreds of functions. ^^
Without my 20+ text files which contain information which ID represents what, one might have a hard time doing correct changes.

But doodad models for my dungeons would help me to progress faster (and make me work harder). :D

I'm also theorizing about possible skills...
Collapse Box

I could need more ideas for skills that differ from each other.
I would like to have a possibility for builds in my skills and I would like to have skills that are boosted passively with the spell books (fire, lightning, magic/other).
General idea for the Sorcerer is that passive skills improve the spells of the books. His main attacks should stay the spells.
Also, somehow adding skills that can change the playstyle of a char would be cool like making a Rogue stronger with melee weapons.

If I would have a big pool of skill ideas the creation of a good skill system could become much easier.

Feb 22 2012, 4:20 am mrdorkus Post #534

Skills are definitely something I can help with. Question is, how are these spells learned? Are they level from books as well? Or better yet, learned when you reach certain level.

As for leveling of the spell, the spells should get experience when used or different way depending on the passive skills. All spells (Including ones you learned from books) should have a max level of 20. And there is a soft cap of levels based on character level to prevent a level 5 Rogue from having a level 20 dodge.

I changed the name of some of the spells you've listed, feel free to use it or not.

You will have spell books for multiplayer spells right? (Heal Other & Resurrect)

Here are 12 skills for each class.

Rogue Skills:

Multishot (Bow) - Fires multiple arrows, spread depends on how far the mouse pointer is from the character (Like D2, you should have it so that the closer the mouse, there's more spread, farther from the character causes the spread to be more narrow). Levels up from using it. As it levels, it gains more arrows per shot and very slight damage increase.

Immolation Arrow (Bow) - Fires an arrow that does 50% physical damage and fire damage (I guess we can go with your fire damage based on firebolt damage and fireball? Or are you actually going to have it be all fire spells?). Levels up from using it. As it levels, it eventually gains the ability to leave a pillar of fire of where the arrow hits. More levels increases the time the fire is left on the floor and the physical damage % from the arrow fired.

Magic Arrow (Bow) - Fires an arrow with similarity to Flaming Arrow except it does magical damage instead of fire (Magic damage based on Holy Bolt? and Blood Star? Or are you using all magic spells). Levels up from using it. As it levels, it eventually gains the ability of homing in on enemies that or selected, or if no selection, closest to the arrow. More levels increases the range it homes in on enemies and the physical damage from the arrow fired.

Dodge (Passive) - Gives you a chance to dodge physical and magical damage. Levels up by being hit by enemies. Greater levels provides increase chance of dodging.

Windwalker (Tale of the Hunter) - Gives movement speed buff in an area around the caster. Levels up from use. Levels increases the area of effect and the movement speed.

Spider's Web (Sticky Arrows) - Fires an arrow that explodes adhesive substance in an area from where the arrow hits (only damages the enemy hit by the arrow but area effect applies in AOE fashion). Damage starts at 105% of regular attack?. Levels up from using it. Levels increases the physical damage, area of effect and greater slow movement debuff.

Heavy Arrows (Bow) - High damage and ignores % of defense (start it at 40%?). Levels up from using it. Levels increases the physical damage and the % of defense it ignores (at level 20, it ignores all defense).

Electric Trap - 5 of any traps max. Creates traps that stuns and causes lightning damage with a small AOE. Levels up from using it. Lightning damage based on charged bolt and lightning?. Levels increases the chance of stunning, the time the traps last, and the time enemies are stunned for.

Explosive Trap - 5 of any traps max. Same as Electric trap (small AOE) except does 50% physical/50% fire damage and knocks-back instead of stuns. Trap sets enemies on fire which takes fire damage over time. Damage based on fire spell book and allocates 50% to physical. Levels up with use. Levels increases knock-back distance, increases trap's time, and has sets enemies on fire for a longer time.

Fan of Knives - Throw knives all around. Levels up from using it. Levels increases damage and the AOE by a little.

Piercing (Passive) - Gives all bow skills a chance to pierce the enemy allowing possibility of multiple hits. Levels up when using the bow to fire. Level increases the chance of piercing and the maximum piercing it can do (Example, at level 1, it can only pierce a maximum of 1 time IF it pierces).

Bow Proficiency (Passive) - Increases damage and hit rate of using bow. Levels up with the use of bows. Levels increases damage with bows and hit rate.

Warrior Skills:

Unnatural Selection (Passive) - Same. Being hit will level this up.

Rage (Bloodthirst) - Increases hit chance and attack speed (instead of lifesteal). Can stack up to 5 times. Levels up when attacking. Level increases attack speed, hit chance, chance to invoke Rage increases, and duration of Rage increases by .25 seconds.

Meteor Crash or Crush (up to you) (Leap) - Same as you said by leap with some physical damage and some fire damage (not magical, switched with Seismic Slam). Levels up with use. Fire damage increases by spell books and levels increases the physical damage, how far you can leap and AOE size.

Cleave (2-Handed) - Large Knock-back with damage using a 360 degrees swing. Levels up with use. Levels increases Knock-back distance and damage.

Bash (1-Handed) - (Don't think stun and knock-back works well together). Stuns enemies and damages them a little (stun is more important use of this skill). Levels up with use. Levels increases stun time and damage.

Shield Bash - don't quite understand the use of this skill so I'll leave this one up to you.

Battle Cry - (same as what you said). Levels increases duration and attack/defense buff?

Seismic Wave (Seismic Slam, I think wave sounds better) - Same as what you said except it deals magical damage. Levels up increases distance of the wave and physical damage? (magical damage is calculated from magic spells?)

Whirlwind - Is this spell where you stay still (from your description)??? I like the D2/D3 version better if that's the case. As you whirlwind, have it so that you reduced spell/physical damage by a %. Levels up increases distance you can whirlwind, damage (have the damage reduction be fixed by whatever % you see fit).

Two-handed Proficiency - Same as bow proficiency except for two-handed weapons

One-handed Proficiency - Same as bow proficiency except for one-handed weapons

Iron Skin - Increases armor rating. Levels up from being hit. Levels increases armor increase.

Mage Skills:

Fire Mastery (Stronger Arcane Fire) - Same (Firebolt, Inferno, Firewall, Elemental, Fireball, Flame Wave, Guardian)

Lightning Mastery (Stronger Arcane Lightning) - Same (Charged Bolt, Lightning, Chain Lightning, Nova)

Magic Mastery (Stronger Arcane Magic) - Same (this means, if you add Apocalypse, Apocalypse will be the only spell that doesn't get an increase damage from passive, which is fine. As I said, make Apocalypse a physical area nuke spell instead.) (Bone Spirit, Holy Bolt, Blood Star, Flash, Golem Damage (still physical, but this spell increases his physical damage), Telekenesis (if you plan on putting this spell in the game which I doubt)).

Spell Resistance (Passive) - Same.

Mana Spirit (Passive) - Mana regeneration/Same. I say same as Warrior at .2 per level instead of .1.

Arcane Shield (Buff) - party resistance/Same. Being hit will level this up.

Spell Proficiency - Increases hit rate of all spells. Using spells will level this up.

Summoning Mastery - Increases summoning time for Guardian and a lot of HP for Golem. Summoning will level this up.

Mana Pool (Passive) - Increases Maximum Mana. Being hit will level this up.

Staff Mastery (Passive) - Increase damage with staves and chance to not use up a charge when using staff charges. Levels increases staves damage and higher chance to not use up a charge on a staff.

Counter-spell (Passive) - When hit by magical damage, there's a chance to automatically cast a random learned spell towards the attacker. Levels up when hit by spell damage. Spell casted to counter does more damage than normal. Levels increases the counter-spell damage and the chance to counter-spell.

Counter - Same as counter-spell except works when hit by physical damage.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 22 2012, 4:49 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 22 2012, 4:45 am Ahli Post #535

First I had in mind a way of leveling like in D2.
Maybe I will use usage which levels the spell and level cap that you raise with skill points. But if I make that time to long, it sucks a bit. If I make it to short, then I can leave it out to have the same effect.

The % defense ignoring doesn't really work well in D1's combat system.
The problem with D1's combat system is that the defense is linear. So reducing 10 defense raises the potential to Hit chance by 10% as long as you do not touch the lower or upper cap of 5 and 95%.
So vs strong monsters it can reduce very much.
I might revamp the whole system one day when it starts to limit me to much. Then I would raise all armor values by an amount, too.

My whirlwind should make the hero be able to walk through monsters, too.

I won't implement the resurrect spell because the dead player already resurrects in town pretty fast and I don't want to add a dialog where the player needs to click in order to resurrect.

edit:
news:
- added loot that is only visible for each player as quest reward. This is similar to the mechanic used in D3. If you drop an item, everyone can see and use it then. I will rework the loot of most other quest related units then.
It broke the falling effect on items somehow. Ir works, if the item belongs to player 0, but it doesn't work anymore, if it belongs to player 1. Anyway, items and modifying them with behaviors and effects is still buggy (since they "fixed" something in one of the first patches :S ).
- added 2 more unique items

^ some unique items visible in inventory

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Feb 23 2012, 1:28 am by Ahli.

Feb 23 2012, 4:57 am mrdorkus Post #536

So you're making Arkaine's Valor have variation even though the original didn't have any for this specific unique? If you're going to do this, will you be listing a range of stats or making a wiki for this (especially since you're not going with the information that's already out there)?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 23 2012, 9:59 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 23 2012, 9:59 pm Ahli Post #537

news:
- added a min value of 15 that will be refilled with a Healing Potion, a Mana Potion or a Potion of Rejuvenation or some Shrine effects.
- slightly improved the Controls tip and added a message for the player about the controls tip.

Feb 25 2012, 3:17 am moddiddle Post #538

Hey-love the map and job you've done with it..Don't rush the work-I don't care how long it takes you because Starcraft 2 will be around for a long time.

Forgive me if this has already been posted, as I read only these last 3 pages and the first page:
What I was thinking though, if you have Player vs Player in there, it can create a lot more incentive for replay as playing against the AI always creates a limit on how much people would continually playing the game-maybe a toggle where your character can attack and be attacked?

None.

Feb 25 2012, 3:31 pm Ahli Post #539

Quote from moddiddle
Hey-love the map and job you've done with it..Don't rush the work-I don't care how long it takes you because Starcraft 2 will be around for a long time.

Forgive me if this has already been posted, as I read only these last 3 pages and the first page:
What I was thinking though, if you have Player vs Player in there, it can create a lot more incentive for replay as playing against the AI always creates a limit on how much people would continually playing the game-maybe a toggle where your character can attack and be attacked?
PvP is not inside, yet, because there exist a problem with highlighting heroes for the HP bar. But I think I could get that to work.
But I think I would add some sort of arena, if I add PvP. I was thinking about using the town for PvP for a year now because the space on the map is limited.

Feb 27 2012, 7:34 pm payne Post #540

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
I was thinking about using the town for PvP for a year now because the space on the map is limited.
Sounding good.

Do you know if the new patch bugged something in your map? :O

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 25 26 27 28 2954 >
  Back to forum