Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 24 25 26 27 2854 >

Feb 2 2012, 1:37 pm TsumiHokiro Post #501

Quote from Ahli
Also, how does the map behave with 4 players who all got many heroes+items in their banks? Are the banks stated as corrupt ingame or can everyone load their characters?

When I'm playing with others who are high level and prob have many items we usually get a few corrupted banks, though I'm not sure if it's because of too many items or not but it's definitively more common to get a corrupt bank error when playing with others though with time we can eventually start a game, after several times. I don't remember ever getting a corrupted file when soloing õ.o

About the backup, I usually make backups of betas that I play, you never know when something might bug and make things go missing. It was accusing that my bank was an outdated and it would delete it automatically.

None.

Feb 2 2012, 2:03 pm Ahli Post #502

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from TsumiHokiro
Quote from Ahli
Also, how does the map behave with 4 players who all got many heroes+items in their banks? Are the banks stated as corrupt ingame or can everyone load their characters?

When I'm playing with others who are high level and prob have many items we usually get a few corrupted banks, though I'm not sure if it's because of too many items or not but it's definitively more common to get a corrupt bank error when playing with others though with time we can eventually start a game, after several times. I don't remember ever getting a corrupted file when soloing õ.o

About the backup, I usually make backups of betas that I play, you never know when something might bug and make things go missing. It was accusing that my bank was an outdated and it would delete it automatically.
My banks have a version string and the read content didn't match the loaded bank didn't contain the correct version string. Then your bank is reset or migrated (if I add that).

Seems like my system is working as intended.
Soloing shouldn't corrupt the bank files because there isn't a low limit.

edit:
news:
- fixed shrine effects to be included into requirements (caused books appear to be not readable, etc...)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 2 2012, 6:14 pm by Ahli.

Feb 2 2012, 9:13 pm TVerres Post #503

Quote from Ahli
news:
- fixed shrine effects to be included into requirements (caused books appear to be not readable, etc...)
Goodie! Now I can use books when they say I can and not be lied to!

Actually I lied about the bugs. I came across this weird zerg-looking thing once in a dungeon. It wasn't a normal unit per se, but like.. an item if you will. I couldn't click to to pick it up, but when I did, it moved me to exactly where it was. Also, there were like 50 items on it. Mostly potions of healing/armor/weapons. This leads me to believe that it was a person who left's "corpse/body". I'm not sure if he lost his items or not though. I have never seen it since, but I feel like I should have addressed it.

Moving on, I'm interested if you're going to add the higher level spells like Apocalypse or even Stone. I loved Apoc, but it's so OP when I use it. I'm happy about the Chain Lightning, but I made it too powerful so it doesn't get a chance to bounce before the aoe lightning kills everything in it's range.

None.

Feb 3 2012, 12:16 am Ahli Post #504

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from TVerres
Quote from Ahli
news:
Goodie! Now I can use books when they say I can and not be lied to!

Actually I lied about the bugs. I came across this weird zerg-looking thing once in a dungeon. It wasn't a normal unit per se, but like.. an item if you will. I couldn't click to to pick it up, but when I did, it moved me to exactly where it was. Also, there were like 50 items on it. Mostly potions of healing/armor/weapons. This leads me to believe that it was a person who left's "corpse/body". I'm not sure if he lost his items or not though. I have never seen it since, but I feel like I should have addressed it.
Wait. What exactly was wrong?

Zerg looking thing? I wish you had made a screenshot of that because I have no idea what you could refer to. :D
Leaving players shouldn't drop their items, though. At least that never happened to me before, but I can only play alone most of the time.

You clicked on it and it moved you to where it was...
So you clicked that "thing" and your hero was teleported to the position of the thing you clicked? Did you click it from distance?

To be honest, I have no idea what you could refer to. :(

Quote from TVerres
Moving on, I'm interested if you're going to add the higher level spells like Apocalypse or even Stone. I loved Apoc, but it's so OP when I use it. I'm happy about the Chain Lightning, but I made it too powerful so it doesn't get a chance to bounce before the aoe lightning kills everything in it's range.
It's unlikely that I will add Apocalypse and Stone Curse.
Use Chain Lightning when you are close of being surrounded to see the lightning projectile changing its direction.

edit:
news:
- fixed a bug with the item-improving ("crafting") shrine effects. Now you can improve the item's defense up to (3 + 10% of the item's defense without "crafting"). So an item with 3 defense can be brought to 6 defense. An item with 225 defense can be raised to 250 using shrines. Weapon's max damage can be increased up to (3 + 20% of the item's max damage without "crafting") now.
- fixed manasteal leeching the lifesteal amount. Also fixed it using always the theoretical damage value instead of the max useable damage value (-> the case of 1 shotting monsters won't give as much life as hitting the butcher anymore).s max damage without
- added item's "crafting" changes within the item's tooltip
- Healing spell now uses +VIT values, but they are only as strong as 66% of the baseVIT. So your body's vitality raises the healed amount with the healing spell more than the added/subtracted vitality by items/shrines. Before the vitality change of items/shrines was ignored.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 3 2012, 12:39 am by Ahli.

Feb 3 2012, 2:02 am mrdorkus Post #505

I can understand not adding Stone Curse (it was a pretty useless spell along with Telekinesis) but not adding Apocalypse is detrimental to Sorcerer as that is the only spell that can counter the Hell Sorcerers (forgot what they're called) as they're immune to Magic, Fire and Lightning. Apocalypse was the only spell that is considered physical and the only way a Sorcerer can deal with triple immune monsters (there was no Physical immune monsters in that game, so that Warriors and Rogue can still damage them).

None.

Feb 3 2012, 2:56 am Ahli Post #506

Quote from mrdorkus
I can understand not adding Stone Curse (it was a pretty useless spell along with Telekinesis) but not adding Apocalypse is detrimental to Sorcerer as that is the only spell that can counter the Hell Sorcerers (forgot what they're called) as they're immune to Magic, Fire and Lightning. Apocalypse was the only spell that is considered physical and the only way a Sorcerer can deal with triple immune monsters (there was no Physical immune monsters in that game, so that Warriors and Rogue can still damage them).
Thanks for posting an excellent usage for skills as a Sorcerer: lowering enemy resistances, dealing physical damage. :D

Apocalypse itself was a pretty dump spell. It attacks everything in a large area around the caster, even through walls dealing physical damage.
If I would add it, it would be a nobrain-spell to use because damaging everything around immediately would be a little bit to strong.

Feb 3 2012, 10:15 pm TVerres Post #507

Quote from Ahli
Wait. What exactly was wrong?

Zerg looking thing? I wish you had made a screenshot of that because I have no idea what you could refer to. :D
Leaving players shouldn't drop their items, though. At least that never happened to me before, but I can only play alone most of the time.

You clicked on it and it moved you to where it was...
So you clicked that "thing" and your hero was teleported to the position of the thing you clicked? Did you click it from distance?
The Zerg-looking thing in which I refer to is sort of a Zerg object if you will. I wish I could have shown you the screenshot, but apparently SC2 doesn't use the print screen key for screenshots. I had taken quite a few but only to find out the day I was posting that every screenshot I took wasn't even taken. Honestly it looked like a body; there was just too many potions of healing, a couple of weapons, scrolls of TP, armor and rings. This either is a uber rare occurrence of a really nice drop in the game, or that it was a body.

The object was able to be targeted by left click and right click. When you did either then you just moved on top of it. I didn't test out spells, but I know it wasn't an enemy, because the game didn't show it having a health bar when I hovered my mouse over it. It wouldn't take any damage and it didn't fight back. It just sat there. I'm not sure if it was animated or not, but if it was, the top part of it was spinning clockwise.

When I clicked it, my character walks to exactly where it was. I would be standing right on top of all the items that dropped. I honestly can't tell you much more than that. But I guess something to look into is when a character leaves the multiplayer game, it sets their HP to 0 and makes a funny animation. If you look into that and see what "object" is used to create it or something, then you might get your answer. Either that or look into any Zerg objects the game normally has to offer. If you didn't code any weird objects in, then it must be a default one.

Quote from Ahli
Thanks for posting an excellent usage for skills as a Sorcerer: lowering enemy resistances, dealing physical damage. :D

Apocalypse itself was a pretty dump spell. It attacks everything in a large area around the caster, even through walls dealing physical damage.
If I would add it, it would be a nobrain-spell to use because damaging everything around immediately would be a little bit to strong.
That is pretty true. I mean I used it and cleared dungeons too fast with it so it isn't necessary I guess. Maybe Bone Spirit and Blood Star would be good for physical damage spells? Or Bone Spirit would drop resistances when it bounces, dealing less resistance reduction on every subsequent hit?

Edit: I don't know if you actually implmented this yet, but is it possible for you to code in the ability to see what shrine it is before we click on it? I hate to see the Thaurmatrugic Shrine go to waste when I just entered a level.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 3 2012, 10:24 pm by TVerres.

None.

Feb 3 2012, 10:52 pm Ahli Post #508

Starcraft takes screenshots if you press the print button.
They are inside a folder within your operating system's document folders.
There are several, depending if the screenshots were offline or online.
For me the path is "C:\Users\Ahli\Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\ *some Number* \ *some Numbers which is your battle.net handle* \Screenshots\".

Quote from TVerres
Quote from Ahli

That is pretty true. I mean I used it and cleared dungeons too fast with it so it isn't necessary I guess. Maybe Bone Spirit and Blood Star would be good for physical damage spells? Or Bone Spirit would drop resistances when it bounces, dealing less resistance reduction on every subsequent hit?

Edit: I don't know if you actually implmented this yet, but is it possible for you to code in the ability to see what shrine it is before we click on it? I hate to see the Thaurmatrugic Shrine go to waste when I just entered a level.
Yes, that's easy to implement. I think I will do that and add a random shrine.

Feb 5 2012, 12:48 am mrdorkus Post #509

The only thing I can think of is to change Apocalypse spell from the original. Instead of Damaging all around the caster, have it so that wherever you cast (mouse location), a nuke goes off there. Essentially, this makes it like an upgraded fireball with no travel time and more damaging and larger radius of effect with more mana cost obviously (physical damage though). However, make Diablo's version the same as the original where it'll hit all players around him.

None.

Feb 5 2012, 3:11 am TVerres Post #510

Quote from Ahli
Starcraft takes screenshots if you press the print button.
They are inside a folder within your operating system's document folders.
There are several, depending if the screenshots were offline or online.
For me the path is "C:\Users\Ahli\Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\ *some Number* \ *some Numbers which is your battle.net handle* \Screenshots\".
Yeah, thanks. I found it now. Uploading it. You can see a clear view of it after I removed all the items.

Quote from mrdorkus
The only thing I can think of is to change Apocalypse spell from the original. Instead of Damaging all around the caster, have it so that wherever you cast (mouse location), a nuke goes off there. Essentially, this makes it like an upgraded fireball with no travel time and more damaging and larger radius of effect with more mana cost obviously (physical damage though). However, make Diablo's version the same as the original where it'll hit all players around him.
I feel like Apoc is already too powerful, and thus giving it the power to nuke on location only gives it more power. Before, you had to be near the danger to hit it (or kill it) and now you're taking away the danger factor of it making it too safe. Regardless if it hits other players, it's still too powerful.

If you were to nerf it down and have it do significantly less damage and/or less damage on every subsequent hit then maybe it would be better. Or maybe have it do Holy Damage instead, where only the undead are susceptible to it and a small bit of physical damage so it's still useful against things behind walls. That's all I can think of that would be fair if he ever does implement it.

Attachments:
Screenshot2012-01-25 17_05_39.jpg
Hits: 8 Size: 232.45kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 5 2012, 3:20 am by TVerres.

None.

Feb 5 2012, 12:17 pm Ahli Post #511

Ok, the model is a Zerg Egg.
I use it as a placeholder for things that shouldn't be shown. It's either the spawnpoint of monsters, but these should be hidden and always were hidden. I don't think that they break randomly now.
I think it's a skill on the ground. Skills are a special form of items.
I guess at that point there was another player who left the game or got dropped or something because there was a lot of loot like healing potions on the ground which is really strange because they aren't dropped by monsters.

It could be my room size storage unit, but that wouldn't explain the loot.

edit:
news:
- fixed leap attachments (_selectable doesn't work with projectiles. had to chose _missile... in the end, I had to copy everything inside my attachment system...)
- fixed error from regeneration thread, if a player left the game

Dropping from the game does not create loot... :S I don't know how that error has been created. Killing a hero doesn't create loot neither. I need more info to fix that bug. :(

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Feb 6 2012, 12:01 am by Ahli.

Feb 6 2012, 4:59 am TVerres Post #512

I wish I could tell you but I wasn't there when the thing was made. All I know is that the items were all on one single spot. Either he dropped every item he held in that one spot or the game bugged somehow. I'll be more watchful for this one because it's one that I just don't have as much info on it as I'd like. So far nothing though.

As for the person leaving, I don't know if he dropped or straight up left the game. He never said anything the whole game so I dunno.

None.

Feb 6 2012, 9:02 am payne Post #513

:payne:

You also forgot to implement the names of the players tagged on their hero. :3

None.

Feb 6 2012, 9:47 am mrdorkus Post #514

Quote from TVerres
Quote from mrdorkus
I feel like Apoc is already too powerful, and thus giving it the power to nuke on location only gives it more power. Before, you had to be near the danger to hit it (or kill it) and now you're taking away the danger factor of it making it too safe. Regardless if it hits other players, it's still too powerful.

If you were to nerf it down and have it do significantly less damage and/or less damage on every subsequent hit then maybe it would be better. Or maybe have it do Holy Damage instead, where only the undead are susceptible to it and a small bit of physical damage so it's still useful against things behind walls. That's all I can think of that would be fair if he ever does implement it.

I think you misread my suggestion. I don't really think it's as powerful as the original game. Think of the new Apocalypse as an upgraded fireball spell that does physical damage instead of fire. You can argue that you're safe when using fireball too, but sorcerers was never meant to be a tank and take much damage but instead, need to stay in the back and launch attacks. If you want, I rather take the risk of going in the middle of the enemies and use the original Apocalypse spell as that is overpowered as it stuns the enemies too. This new Apocalypse just hits that area, much like a fireball splash would do, just probably a larger splash area. It doesn't hit everything like the original game (Think of it has the Ghost's Nuke, except with less damage and less area of effect and high mana cost). It's no where near as powerful as the original, that's for sure.

As for hitting the other players, what I meant by that was referring to Diablo's (final boss) version of Apocalypse to be like the original's where it hits everything instead of the new one suggested.

As for this new (Player) version of Apocalypse, there can be tweaking in the size of the splash, and the damage of the splash and the center of the attack but this at least makes it a lot less powerful as the original. Keep in mind AC (Armor Class or your defense) in the original and D2 only reduces the chance of getting hit physically, not reduction in damage like in most other games, so against monsters like Advocate who had triple immunities make it so that Sorcerer were basically powerless against them unless they use Apocalypse which dealt physical damage (or Stone Curse + Golem and possibly attack with your weapon...but that takes forever and wasn't a very feasible method).

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Feb 6 2012, 8:36 pm by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 6 2012, 9:27 pm shayoko Post #515

as for spells the flash spell isnt or at least was not considered magic fire or lightning so that would work fine against the hell sorcerors( no idea...)it works wonders on the butcher (w/o it the fight sucks....)
2.deprived when items that require lvl 9 to use are better and sell for more then lvl 15 items lol....
3.1 time the shrine dident work trugger error happened to fast to take a screen shot :(
4.i havent used the stash im scared to lose my stuff is it stable / safe to use ?
:D thats all keep up da great work :D

None.

Feb 6 2012, 10:30 pm Ahli Post #516

Quote from shayoko
as for spells the flash spell isnt or at least was not considered magic fire or lightning so that would work fine against the hell sorcerors( no idea...)it works wonders on the butcher (w/o it the fight sucks....)
2.deprived when items that require lvl 9 to use are better and sell for more then lvl 15 items lol....
3.1 time the shrine dident work trugger error happened to fast to take a screen shot :(
4.i havent used the stash im scared to lose my stuff is it stable / safe to use ?
:D thats all keep up da great work :D
Level requirement is set by the highest thing.
AfaIk, flash dealt magic damage. But my knowledge is jarulf's guide. ;D

The stash can be used, yes.

Feb 8 2012, 2:11 am Terran Post #517

Hey I hope you don't see this as rude or out of place, but I joined this site now just for this post. I wanted to thank you for making this map first, as it is one of the most outstandingly well made maps I've played, if not the most. I would sit here and make more comments about my experience in game, but I feel that would be ignorant of me seeing as how I haven't read all the previous posts, and I'm not sure I played the newest version.
Anyhow, I just really wanted to say the map is amazing, and if you ever need testing and some intellectual feedback by an avid mmo/bliz game player as well as beta tester, let me know. I've been through all the d1 d2 sc1 bw sc2 wc3 crazes, and I would appreciate the opportunity to aid in making this map as amazing as it obviously can be.
Good luck with everything and keep up the great work!
Terran.546@USEAST

None.

Feb 9 2012, 4:21 am TVerres Post #518

Quote from mrdorkus
-snip-
Yeah, I guess I did read that wrong. It seems a lot better now that you explained it in depth. I'd definitely go for that version then.

Quote from Terran
Hey I hope you don't see this as rude or out of place, but I joined this site now just for this post. I wanted to thank you for making this map first, as it is one of the most outstandingly well made maps I've played, if not the most.
Funny story about that.. ;-) Welcome aboard anyway! Maybe you'll find some other threads you like and post there too.

That aside, definitely loving the game. I wanna try being a pure sorcerer now, I'm too powerful as a Rogue/Sorc hybrid or even as a Rogue in general. Hm.. Never actually played a Sorc fully back in the day cause I couldn't stop dying. Maybe it's time that changed.

None.

Feb 9 2012, 8:34 am mrdorkus Post #519

If you're going to play the sorc, you're probably going to die a bit in the beginning, usually, that's how it is, unless you're extra careful, but seeing you already have another character, just buy them mana potions as that's basically a sorcerer's life.

This game is definitely the best RPG custom map in Starcraft 2 right now, at least in my opinion. It has a huge potential for when the finished product is release. Ahli mentioned that it'll probably be a year or more before it gets to that point and that's going to be a problem. With Path of Exile (seems to be a good D2 clone with upgraded graphics and a different magic system) and Diablo 3 coming out this year, this game will probably lose a lot of popularity especially since most people who like a variety of games, including RTS and ARPG will probably switch to play those games and put more hours there than this custom map. I'm not rushing Ahli, I mean, it's his time, and he has a life outside of games and especially since he's doing this by himself, it's going to take a lot of time before this is finished. What I'm afraid of is his motivation diminishing over time. I've seen some people offering donations so hopefully he sets up a paypal account and perhaps this will give him more motivation. Best of luck to you, Ahli, I hope you can get this gem polished soon.

None.

Feb 9 2012, 9:24 am Ahli Post #520

This thing became to big to leave it die... :D

@Terran, thanks for the motivation boost. ;)

edit:
news:
- fixed crafting modifications not saved of the items inside the stash.
- added migration for banks to the new version because it's in theory possible that people could have created way to strong armor and weapons.
- disabled cheats in COOP vs AI mode (= basically singleplayer without lag).

Updated map to version 0.262 on EU.
Updated map to version 0.262 on US.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Feb 10 2012, 2:42 am by Ahli.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 24 25 26 27 2854 >
  Back to forum