Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 23 24 25 26 2754 >

Jan 22 2012, 5:12 pm Ahli Post #481

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from mrdorkus
Sorry, I wanted some clarification

Quote from Ahli
Quote from mrdorkus
The shrine that gives maximum damage +1 is permanent, I'm not sure if you did this intentionally or not (as it wasn't permanent in the original game, just an until you quit). If you did make it intentional, have it so that a weapon max damage has a cap/limit. If so, can you let me know what the cap/limit is?
20% if the item's base max damage..
Does this mean that yes, it is a permanent buff and the cap is 20% of base max damage, meaning a Bastard Sword (6-15) can be a max of 6-18 damage? Any additional Shrine effect will do nothing?
It's permanent. I might change that to 20% of the weapon's total damage. So a high damage weapon can be improved further. I also need a way to display it in the item's tooltip, but I don't know how I should call it.
Additional shrine effects will have no effect. It's meant as a base to improve your weapon by a small amount. I want to add further improvement possibilities later. Maybe I will add rare oils that improve the weapon's max damage to higher levels.

Quote from Ahli
Quote from mrdorkus
The stuff sold from Wirt is based on your character level but is this system similar to D2, where it's a range around your character's level? (if my character is high enough level, I won't spawn lower end affixes right)?
Gambling spawns everything within (char level + 2) range except cursed affixes.
So you said within char level +2 so that means items +2 of my character and every below as well? So even at high levels, I can still get crappy affixes?[/quote]
Yes. Gambling is meant to be a gold sink, but you will be able to get close to the best items possible, atm.
You have to consider that every item has a sell value, too.

Quote from Ahli
Quote from mrdorkus
BUG: My level 16 Healing spell heals 9-19, it healed a lot more before level 16.
I will look into this. It shouldn't heal less. Mana costs should raise, though...
This is my formula:
heal amount = CBH*(R(4)+itt(baseVIT,R(2)+1)+itt(SLVL,R(2)+1)+1)
You need some more knowledge:
itt(a,f(x)) = sum of a times f(x)
R(x) = Random 0 to x-1
CBH = 1 Warrior, 0.5 Rogue, 0.25 Sorcerer
baseVIT = vitality of the naked hero
SLVL = spell level

Calculations:
Example: CBH = 1, baseVIT = 65, slvl 8

min: 0+itt(65,1)+itt(8,1)+1 = 65 + 8 + 1 = 74
max: 3+itt(65,2)+itt(8,2)+1 = 3 + 130 + 16 + 1 = 146
Due to the iteration of random values the final healing amount is more likely to be in the middle of min and max.

So, +1 spell level should increase the healed amount of the Warrior by 1 to 2.
If you want, I can give you my save file, I thought it was a display bug, but I tested by having enemies damage me and used the Heal spell, it was 9-19 Heal only.[/quote]
Screenshot with opened character screen and mouse hovering over heal spell to display the tooltip will be enough, if you think something is wrong in the calculations.

Quote from Ahli
On what items does Angel and Arch-angel prefixes spawn on? (I ask only because the affixes that you have in this game spawn differently on items than in original D1)

Quote from Ahli
My level 14 Lightning seems to have quite a low damage (9 - 36), is this intended?
Lightning damage formula: (R(clvl/2) + R(6) + 4) * (8+slvl)/9
Lightning CtH formula: 40 + (mag/5) + slvl
Lightning can hit multiple times, lightning can hit multiple monsters.
With correct usage, it's very powerful.

Chain Lightning deals the same damage, has lower CtH and higher mana cost.
But Chain Lightning turns a few times, so it can hit enemies that are not in a line and sometimes it flies through most of them multiple times before it flies straight.
If you can get high levels of Chain lightning, the CtH improves by a lot and might become stronger than Lightning's CtH.

Quote from Ahli
My level 15 Inferno also seems a bit low in damage (7 - 64), is this intended?
Inferno Damage: (3* (R(clvl)+R(2)) +6)*(4+slvl) /15
Inferno CtH: 35 + clvl/4 + slvl*2 + mag/10
Inferno is some sort of problem spell as it doesn't fill a good role. I've experimented with casting and running over it to let other monsters run over it.
I've a hard time to cast inferno through doors. I've made the wall search area a little bit smaller within the last update, but I might decrease it again.
I might change it to hit more often in the area directly in front of the caster, if I keep disliking it.

Quote from Ahli
My level 13 Fire Wall has extremely low damage (5 - 11), is this intended?
Fire Wall Damage: (R(10)+R(10)+clvl+2) * (7+slvl)/60
Fire Wall CtH: 35+4*slvl
Flame amount: 11
Each flame tries to hit 11 times. Flames stack.
Fire Wall just looks not worth it, but it can hit a lot of times with small hits and it can hit multiple enemies. Make the enemy run over the full distance to maximize damage output.

Quote from shayoko
well i dident mean monsters shouldent regen just its very hard to make a good system for it.
1.some maps the boss will fully heal if no players are in a certain area (his room or the entire lvl 2 for example)
2. some just have really fast regen
3. and some are slow slow its almost point less to have even at long distance travel they wouldent heal a significant amount to stop you.
What i meant was adding a opinion to have or not have regen on monsters in my opinion would be a waste of time compared to doing more interesting things or even bug fixes
ps.fixed spelling on last post sorry for spelling and things i could end up saying(typing) that may be considered rude
Different monsters have different health regenerations.
The first big regeneration you encounter is the Butcher with 0.6 Life/s, if not attacked.

@ CORBO
Send me a PM on sc2mapster, if you want to contact me, if I'm not online in skype.

Jan 23 2012, 3:03 am mrdorkus Post #482

Thanks for the reply, here's a question you missed answering:

On what items does Angel and Arch-angel prefixes spawn on? (I ask only because the affixes that you have in this game spawn differently on items than in original D1)

Here's the screenshot of the Healing spell bug you wanted.

Sorcerer - Level 15, 20 base VIT (if you don't count any +VIT items), Level 16 Healing

Warrior - Level 15, 25 base VIT (if you don't count any +VIT items), Level 12 Healing

Rogue - Level 15, 20 base VIT (if you don't count any +VIT items), Level 13 Healing

My guess is something happens that causes the problem to happen from level 12 to level 13 and beyond.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jan 23 2012, 9:56 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Jan 23 2012, 5:09 pm Ahli Post #483

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

heal amount = CBH*(R(4)+itt(baseVIT,R(2)+1)+itt(SLVL,R(2)+1)+1)
mana cost = max{ 8+2*clvl-3*slvl , slvl }
itt(a,f(x)) = sum of a times f(x)
R(x) = Random 0 to x-1
CBH = 1 Warrior, 0.5 Rogue, 0.25 Sorcerer
baseVIT = vitality of the naked hero
SLVL = spell level
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorcerer:
min = 0.25 * [0 + 20*1 + 16*1 + 1] = 0.25 * 34 = 8,...
max = 0.25 * [3 + 20*2 + 16*2 + 1] = 0.25 * 75 = 18,...
mana cost = max ( 8+2*15-3*16 , 16 ) = 16

Warrior:
min = 1 * [0 + 25*1 + 12*1 + 1] = 38
max = 1 * [3+ 25*2 + 12*2 + 1] = 78
mana cost = max ( 8+2*15-3*12 , 12 ) = 12

Rogue:
min = 0.5 * [0 + 20*1 + 13*1 + 1] = 0.5 * 34 = 17
max = 0.5 * [3 + 20*2 + 13*2 + 1] = 0.5 * 70 = 35
mana cost = max ( 8+2*15-3*13 , 13 ) = 13

-> no bug. But maybe I should raise the non-Warrior healing amount. It's a bit cost inefficient for the Sorcerer. So let's say Sorcerer 0.4, Rogue 0.65:
Sorcerer:
min = 0.4 * [0 + 20*1 + 16*1 + 1] = 0.4 * 34 = 13,...
max = 0.4 * [3 + 20*2 + 16*2 + 1] = 0.4 * 75 = 30,...
mana cost = max ( 8+2*15-3*16 , 16 ) = 16

Rogue:
min = 0.65 * [0 + 20*1 + 13*1 + 1] = 0.65 * 34 = 22,...
max = 0.65 * [3 + 20*2 + 13*2 + 1] = 0.65 * 70 = 45,...
mana cost = max ( 8+2*15-3*13 , 13 ) = 13

Quote from mrdorkus
Currently there is no "+ spell level" affix ingame. Atm there is only the charge on staves.

news:
- raised healing amount multiplier for Sorcerers to 0.4
- raised healing amount multiplier for Rogue to 0.65

Jan 23 2012, 8:31 pm mrdorkus Post #484

Will there be "+ spell level" items in the future? If so, what items are you going to have them spawn on?

For the heal, would it be better to have it so that the calculation is not based on baseVIT but totalVIT and leave the multiplier alone, this way, Warrior will still benefit the most from the spell but VIT items will be useful too? Or ignore the VIT stat entirely, keep the mutiplier but change the way Healing is calculated and get influence more on the level of the spell itself.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 24 2012, 5:35 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Jan 26 2012, 7:17 pm FluffyBunny Post #485

Hey Ahli is there any eta on the Catacombs update? Also when it comes out will you be accepting donations?

None.

Jan 26 2012, 8:28 pm Ahli Post #486

Quote from FluffyBunny
Hey Ahli is there any eta on the Catacombs update? Also when it comes out will you be accepting donations?
I've not much spare time within the next weeks. So I don't know how fast I can progress. Maybe in April...

I've never really thought about donations. :D I will think about that, when I'm closer to finish.

Quote from mrdorkus
Will there be "+ spell level" items in the future? If so, what items are you going to have them spawn on?
The effect itself is very easy to implement. I guess I will add that someday.

Quote from mrdorkus
For the heal, would it be better to have it so that the calculation is not based on baseVIT but totalVIT and leave the multiplier alone, this way, Warrior will still benefit the most from the spell but VIT items will be useful too? Or ignore the VIT stat entirely, keep the mutiplier but change the way Healing is calculated and get influence more on the level of the spell itself.
Seems reasonable to make +VIT more viable. Maybe I will value baseVIT slightly more in that formula then, but +VIT should really influence it.

Jan 26 2012, 9:21 pm FluffyBunny Post #487

Well I'm very much so looking forward to the upcoming updates and I'd be willing to donate as big updates come out if you start accepting them.

Also I'm using a sorceress at level 15 right now, Is there any way to get the higher spells from books like teleport, mana shield? I can't seem to get the books for them I can only find them in staffs.

I've also noticed I tend to find better books as I gain levels but without new content leveling after 15 is becoming very hard.

So can you even get better books than flash such as teleport, mana shield and if so and if it is based off character level would you consider for now lowering the level needed to get books of that level to show up until new updates come out?

And my last question is that I'm putting a lot of work into my character and wanted to know if you will be doing character wipes in the future so I know if I'm wasting my time on the character as it is now. (I hope you don't but I know the game is in beta)

None.

Jan 26 2012, 9:42 pm Ahli Post #488

Quote from FluffyBunny
Well I'm very much so looking forward to the upcoming updates and I'd be willing to donate as big updates come out if you start accepting them.

Also I'm using a sorceress at level 15 right now, Is there any way to get the higher spells from books like teleport, mana shield? I can't seem to get the books for them I can only find them in staffs.

I've also noticed I tend to find better books as I gain levels but without new content leveling after 15 is becoming very hard.

So can you even get better books than flash such as teleport, mana shield and if so and if it is based off character level would you consider for now lowering the level needed to get books of that level to show up until new updates come out?

And my last question is that I'm putting a lot of work into my character and wanted to know if you will be doing character wipes in the future so I know if I'm wasting my time on the character as it is now. (I hope you don't but I know the game is in beta)
I won't tinker with book spawns just for the demo. But you will be able to find a few more books within the catacombs.

Atm, I try to avoid further wipes. But I guess someday I will wipe everything, but hopefully not in near future. Maybe I will wipe everything when I consider this map as a full release. So feel free to find the item's limits and best gear you can have up to the available content.

Jan 27 2012, 12:18 am mrdorkus Post #489

I like the Heal idea you had (it makes no sense a level 16 Heal with my 160 HP Sorcerer heals only 9-19 HP), hopefully this change will make up for it.

I'm disappointed to hear you're going to do a wipe of the save data once full release is available, makes me not want to "work" as hard finding stuff and leveling anymore. Anyway of avoiding this scenario even for full release?

None.

Jan 28 2012, 5:51 am BakANagA Post #490

Give me suggestions.
Atm rare monsters can have 2 affixes. Prefix is defensive, Suffix is offensive.

There's one way to go about this.

Random Unique Spawns
- Can be generated from a list of named champions (e.g. Bone Ash).
- Have a decent or guaranteed chance to spawn on certain or specific levels.
- Named champions have fixed properties, instead of random properties.
- Named champions are typically stronger than their normal and champion counterparts.
- Slightly better chance to drop rare loot than standard champion monsters.

So in addition to the current randomized champion monsters in the game, you can also include a small list of unique monsters that never really change. Some decent and currently implemented examples are King Leoric and the Butcher, which have stats and properties that stay the same for the most part. You can maybe set it to where they always or sometimes appear in a specific level, and never in the same location. While they would be stronger than the average and champion monster, they would be slightly weaker or on par with bosses such as the two mentioned earlier. As a result, they would have to (preferably) drop loot that would be slightly better than champion monsters but not better than boss monsters. This would give the incentive to actually challenge these unique monsters for a shot at promising loot, rather than avoid them because their difficulty doesn't match the reward.

Just chipping in an idea.

None.

Jan 30 2012, 3:35 am TVerres Post #491

I've been lurking around here for a little bit and just thought I'd let you know you did a great job so far! Loving how everything is well done and how nice things look and sound.

I've also come to report a bug I've come across. When you touch a shrine that modifies stats, you can check your character page screen and it shows the numbers being fixed but you don't get the bonuses (or lack thereof). I had a book of firebolt that had cost 45 magic, and i had 45 base, -1 magic from a shrine but I could still see it as useable. Then there's the opposite effect.. I had a book of something that required like 75 magic and I had 65 base magic and had +10 magic, -1 str, -1 dex, -1 vit shrine. That bumped it up to 75, but I couldn't use the book. The only way I could use it was to remove all my equipment (which had no magic buffs or debuffs) just for the shrine's effect to take place.

In a TL;DR format, I think shrines are currently bugged with armor. When armor is equipped, you don't receive any stat bonuses until you take off all your armor.

Also, I'd like to report yet another bug I've come across. This one was a one time only thing, but I was lucky to have found it. It also has to deal with shrines, but a specific one instead: the shrine of town portal. What happened was I was in a small room and I activated the shrine and was like "okay.." and went in. Nothing of interest happened until I went back through. The first thing I noticed was that I was stuck in the wall. Like I was literally in the wall, not the space between rooms that is unused. The shrine had put the portal right between the wall and the shrine so when you pop out, you're tossed into the wall. I was able to eventually "navigate" my way through walls and exit outside of the map. Just thought an easy solution is to have it put the portal right in front of the shrine instead of to the side of it.

Other than those two bugs, I haven't seen anything else. I'll come back to let you know what else I've found.

None.

Jan 30 2012, 7:00 pm Ahli Post #492

Thanks for reporting.

I will check these out.
You can randomly teleport into walls with one shrine, too. :(

Jan 31 2012, 12:56 am payne Post #493

:payne:

On the NA server, your map is now on the 4th page with 168 hours played! :D

None.

Jan 31 2012, 1:49 pm blackandy719 Post #494

where i can find magic rock?

None.

Jan 31 2012, 1:51 pm Ahli Post #495

Quote from blackandy719
where i can find magic rock?
Catacombs, not implemented in demo because these levels aren't finished.

Jan 31 2012, 10:39 pm mrdorkus Post #496

Is there any way of avoiding the deletion of save data once full release is available?

None.

Feb 2 2012, 12:15 am TsumiHokiro Post #497

Hey Ahli, I found another bug related to the Teleport Shrine/TP Shrine.
I used a Teleport Shrine and was teleported to the walls. Since this had happened before it wasn't anything new to me so I decided to mess arround the map as I like to do, to see the other levels walls on the limit of the view and etc. However I had a Staff of Teleport with me and I had the unhappy idea to teleport outside the dungeon limit and I actually did it. I was walking on the green part when suddely my character gets out of view and my potions went blank, my inventory empty of all items. My Character data is ok if not for the fact that I have lost all my items, but not my money.

P.S: And I believe that keeping backups doesn't work as well right? My backup is deleted as soon as I start a game with it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 2 2012, 12:23 am by TsumiHokiro.

None.

Feb 2 2012, 5:11 am payne Post #498

:payne:

Quote from TsumiHokiro
I used a Teleport Shrine and was teleported to the walls. Since this had happened before it wasn't anything new to me so I decided to mess arround the map as I like to do, to see the other levels walls on the limit of the view and etc. However I had a Staff of Teleport with me and I had the unhappy idea to teleport outside the dungeon limit and I actually did it. I was walking on the green part when suddely my character gets out of view and my potions went blank, my inventory empty of all items. My Character data is ok if not for the fact that I have lost all my items, but not my money.

P.S: And I believe that keeping backups doesn't work as well right? My backup is deleted as soon as I start a game with it.
That sucks! :/

I forgot to mention to mention a bug I've seen a few days ago in the latest version:
My belt was full of potions. One row was supposed to be the Big Health Potion ones, but I had a small one at the top because I didn't find any Big thus far. Well, once I found one, I kept it in my inventory, went to talk to the blacksmith, clicked the Big potion, clicked on the Small one to switch them, and sold the Small one. I somehow lost my Big one in this process. No idea what amount of money I've received.

None.

Feb 2 2012, 8:59 am TVerres Post #499

I feel like we should start recording our gameplays just so we can review what we did and see if we can duplicate it.

Oh, speaking of duplicating.. Somehow at one point a friend and I had duplicated an item. We both went to pick up an item and got there at the exact same time and we both got it. I don't think you can do much about that since that's 1) A near impossible thing to replicate due to perfect timing; B) Unfixable because of the timing (probably); and Quack) Even if you did find a way it would just be a hassle to make a fix for it since it's already a mere sliver of a chance glitch.

Regardless, no bugs to report other than that. Looking forward for the catacombs to hit. Then my gameplay will be twice (if not longer) as long!

Edit: Also, your game had made the top of page 2 like a few days ago and now it dropped back down to the middle of page 3 again. Sad to see that it's losing popularity for now. Mini-updates might make it go back up. Perhaps one level at a time (If that's not what you planned on doing already)?

None.

Feb 2 2012, 1:03 pm Ahli Post #500

Quote from mrdorkus
Is there any way of avoiding the deletion of save data once full release is available?
Maybe I will migrate the items. But I don't know. It will take more than a year or something until I'm close to that point.

Quote from TsumiHokiro

uhm, I don't know how your character died, but it seems that it really died. The default death ingame isn't a real death. And yeah, you can only teleport into areas where you can walk into. But if I just fixed the shrine's teleport. I forgot to check for walls/doodads around.

I disabled the backup bank because that was just doubling the used bank amount. Or how do you try to use the backup? Is the backup a copy of a legit bank?
Banks shouldn't be deleted automatically anymore unless their bank version isn't correct.

Quote from payne
Quote from TsumiHokiro

That sucks! :/

I forgot to mention to mention a bug I've seen a few days ago in the latest version:
My belt was full of potions. One row was supposed to be the Big Health Potion ones, but I had a small one at the top because I didn't find any Big thus far. Well, once I found one, I kept it in my inventory, went to talk to the blacksmith, clicked the Big potion, clicked on the Small one to switch them, and sold the Small one. I somehow lost my Big one in this process. No idea what amount of money I've received.
Can't replicate that and I don't know what could technically go wrong there.
You sell the current selected item which is always the one you lift inside the inventory...

Quote from TVerres
I feel like we should start recording our gameplays just so we can review what we did and see if we can duplicate it.

Oh, speaking of duplicating.. Somehow at one point a friend and I had duplicated an item. We both went to pick up an item and got there at the exact same time and we both got it. I don't think you can do much about that since that's 1) A near impossible thing to replicate due to perfect timing; B) Unfixable because of the timing (probably); and Quack) Even if you did find a way it would just be a hassle to make a fix for it since it's already a mere sliver of a chance glitch.

Regardless, no bugs to report other than that. Looking forward for the catacombs to hit. Then my gameplay will be twice (if not longer) as long!

Edit: Also, your game had made the top of page 2 like a few days ago and now it dropped back down to the middle of page 3 again. Sad to see that it's losing popularity for now. Mini-updates might make it go back up. Perhaps one level at a time (If that's not what you planned on doing already)?
I'm not sure how the item could be duplicated. Did you try dropping it? Did it move around in the inventory of one of you guys moved it in inventory (needs a window refresh)?
I don't think that it is a true duplicate. Items are still units, but in theory that shouldn't be possible to happen. I'm not creating a new item anywhere. :S
Items are only added to your diablo inventory, if they are picked up (item interaction event) and drawn and used, if they count to your hero's inventory within sc2's inventory. So the item has to be inside BOTH of sc2's inventories, so the single item instance is inside hero A's inventory and inside hero B's inventory.
Maybe it is possible to pick up an item out of another players inventory. Maybe that's what happened.
I just added 1 check at the first order. So you can't receive the order, if the item is in another unit's inventory. Maybe that fixes the problem.

Btw, how did you indicate that the item was duplicated?

The map tends to lose popularity because players stop playing it because they played through the catacombs and there are no further levels implemented, yet.
I will update the map with 4 catacomb levels + 1 quest area and not on a single level basis. Since these levels share models and algorithms, there is no reason to delay the other levels. The playable area will double.

news:
- fixed teleport shrine teleporting the player into doodads and walls
- fixed leap/teleport into some of the doodads

Also, how does the map behave with 4 players who all got many heroes+items in their banks? Are the banks stated as corrupt ingame or can everyone load their characters?

Options
Pages: < 1 « 23 24 25 26 2754 >
  Back to forum