Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 2554 >

Jan 12 2012, 4:14 pm Ahli Post #441

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
Wait, are you saying we cannot load a hero anymore when in multiplayer?
Before the bank was reset for one or more persons automatically, if their bank was corrupted.

In future I just force everyone to start a new hero, if someone cannot load/save their heroes.

I believe that player 1 could always load his heroes, but the ones of the other players are all threatened by that bank limitation.
So, to make it more fair, I force everyone to start with a new hero. If you had a valid bank file loaded ingame and got less than 4 free slots, you will be able to save your hero. Else your hero won't be saved.

Loading heroes will work in multiplayer as long as nothing becomes corrupted. This is not guaranteed in multiplayer, but it is in singleplayer.
That's why singleplayer is always possible unless the signature is broken in singleplayer. Then you have the chance to reset your bank file.

Jan 13 2012, 5:19 am mrdorkus Post #442

Please have it so that the next patch has catacombs and allow you the ability to switch characters instead of quitting and reloading the whole game again (along with everything you have already noted).

Also, based on what we have now, my sorcerer learned level 16 firebolt already (with the aid of +magic items) so that's not the cap unless you're going to make it so that 15 is the max in the next patch (I hope this doesn't corrupt my save file).

Do you have an estimated of when catacombs will be done?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 13 2012, 6:09 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Jan 13 2012, 3:41 pm Ahli Post #443

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I have no real estimations. It depends on my amount of spare time.
Atm, I'm implementing shrine effects, so there will be shrines then.

I hope that I can catch corbo within the next weeks.

Also, wow, lvl 16 as spell level already. :D
No, I don't plan to reset the banks.

TODO for catacombs:
- add wall models
- add shrines to the game
- add more doodads like barrels, sarcophagi and catacomb specific doodads
- add monster specials
- add quests

Jan 14 2012, 4:19 am mrdorkus Post #444

Yea, my sorcerer is level 15 (with most stats into magic and have +80 magic items stashed to read books) and leveling like molasses now so I'm not going to bother until catacombs comes out. I could level my warrior (12) and rogue (10) but I'm satisfied as it is. I wish I could learn fireball though but that's a level 3 book spell and so far, I think I've only found up to level 2 book spells. That's too bad there's no estimated date, but I guess I'll give you more input if I play more (which I doubt I will until catacombs, hence the circular problem). I'll check back to this post once in a while to see the progress, thanks for the game again, wish I can help make the progress faster.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 14 2012, 4:31 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Jan 14 2012, 4:09 pm shayoko Post #445

i had a glitch while playing wi payne the other day i has bought a scroll of tp and it was in the top right moved it to slot 5 and used it disapeared and did nothing. bought another scroll moved it to slot 5 again disapeared(spelling) next time i played the map i had both scrolls one in slot 2 one in slot 5 o.o. and keep up the good work on da map :) lil sad The Zh series is done for. so having this brightens my otherwise dark day.

None.

Jan 14 2012, 5:17 pm Raitaki Post #446

Quote from mrdorkus
Yea, my sorcerer is level 15 (with most stats into magic and have +80 magic items stashed to read books) and leveling like molasses now so I'm not going to bother until catacombs comes out. I could level my warrior (12) and rogue (10) but I'm satisfied as it is. I wish I could learn fireball though but that's a level 3 book spell and so far, I think I've only found up to level 2 book spells. That's too bad there's no estimated date, but I guess I'll give you more input if I play more (which I doubt I will until catacombs, hence the circular problem). I'll check back to this post once in a while to see the progress, thanks for the game again, wish I can help make the progress faster.
Wait...Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't in this map (and D1) spell books always level up a spell by 1? Like if you own 3 Holy Bolts books and see that their int requirements are the same (therefore implying there are of the same level), and you use one, wouldn't the other two become books for Holy Bolt of the next level?

None.

Jan 14 2012, 5:34 pm Ahli Post #447

Quote from Raitaki
Quote from mrdorkus
Wait...Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't in this map (and D1) spell books always level up a spell by 1? Like if you own 3 Holy Bolts books and see that their int requirements are the same (therefore implying there are of the same level), and you use one, wouldn't the other two become books for Holy Bolt of the next level?
The magic requirements update per level for the book for the player. So, if you read one, the other magic requirements and stated levels update.

edit:
news:
- Added 36 of 37 shrine effects.
- There spawn now a few shrines per cathedral level. I still need to get corbo's model and make some buff icons.
- buff UI now updates every 0.5 seconds. Monster-Info-Bar updates now every 2 seconds automatically.
- Griswold now sells one random basic item of every type.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 15 2012, 6:02 pm by Ahli.

Jan 15 2012, 8:36 pm shayoko Post #448

im planning on making a post on battle net about that limit to the bank (the i honestly was a bit lost on info it can only hold up to 8kb? and up to 140kb or around that compressed?)since i suck with the map editor i tryed to make a simple melle fast map and yet the game doesnt even follow the rules i set...

o and another possible option to improve map performence(at least id think so) is to do what zantai did he made a impressive map series called ZHRPG(Zerg Hunter) and used one bank per hero with 3 separate banks(guessing to avoid that limit problem? also made multiple maps(only 2 were made he was planning on 5 but things happened)and the bank was loadable on the second map as well tho im sure these would be very tedious programming to do that :)

None.

Jan 15 2012, 9:37 pm Ahli Post #449

Quote from shayoko
im planning on making a post on battle net about that limit to the bank (the i honestly was a bit lost on info it can only hold up to 8kb? and up to 140kb or around that compressed?)since i suck with the map editor i tryed to make a simple melle fast map and yet the game doesnt even follow the rules i set...

o and another possible option to improve map performence(at least id think so) is to do what zantai did he made a impressive map series called ZHRPG(Zerg Hunter) and used one bank per hero with 3 separate banks(guessing to avoid that limit problem? also made multiple maps(only 2 were made he was planning on 5 but things happened)and the bank was loadable on the second map as well tho im sure these would be very tedious programming to do that :)
I've my bank limit knowledge from here.
I guess that Goa pretty much tested that and the limitation explains most strange bank resets some players have.

The problem is that banks are uploaded correctly (I think), but they overwrite some stuff.
My bank never has been corrupted, so I think that player 1 or the first player who had the bank preloading thing added to the map can load his complete bank. The other players can have corrupted banks.
For example, last week during a German mapnight, we started the map with 4 players, 3 of them had played the map often and one of them was a new player. In the end only 2 of us had signed banks, so one player lost all his heroes because of the broken signature due to the size.
But now I've added a protection against the automatic loss of your whole heroes and items and I think I will update the map with that and shrines. Basically I only need corbo's shrine model for that.

Having multiple banks won't solve the problems. In fact it's even worse as banks store their stuff in xml and a new bank uses a lot of characters. Using another section is easier and more efficient.
However, you should have faster saving, if you use multiple banks because the bank owner has to save less on his harddisk.

Also you can't just ignore the preloading of some banks, afaIk because the preloading is a static setting you set up in the map as you have to write out player number and bank name. That action can be seen as "preserve trigger" in scbw. It's syntactic sugar as it just adds some settings (player; bankname) in the background and is no action during runtime.

Jan 17 2012, 5:06 am mrdorkus Post #450

From what I stated before about stats and balancing, I went over it in my head and there's still some problems with it (even though I know you added some stats changes based on what I said).

Warrior and Rogue both have a total of 85 stat points from the start, while Sorcerers have 80 only. The fact that Sorcerers & Rogue only gain 1 life per vitality, while Warriors gain +2 (not talking about per level up bonus), gives a huge advantage to the Warriors as vitality is an non-capped stat. I'm not exactly sure how to remedy this besides to have vitality and magic give all classes +2 instead (leave the level up bonus untouched). Also, since the starting total stat for Sorcerers is only 80, you should add in 5 additional stats to starting Sorcerer (probably to dex so it doesn't effect life/mana and strength doesn't seem reasonable). Or, if you want, the better way may be to leave the way vitality and magic effects life/mana alone and only have it so that when vitality is increased beyond 80, to have it give +2 to life regardless to what class.

By the way, if you do make this, you might want to have the stats reset for the next patch (meaning have it so that (current level - 1) * 5 will be the stats you can put into your characters and have it so that base stats is reset (with the Sorcerer +5 dex) and base life + (current level - 1) * modifier bonus level up (same goes for mana). I hope all that makes sense.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 6:40 am Ahli Post #451

Quote from mrdorkus
Warrior and Rogue both have a total of 85 stat points from the start, while Sorcerers have 80 only.
All have 85 stat points at start.
class, STR, DEX, MAG, VIT
Warrior, 30, 20, 10, 25
Rogue, 20, 30, 15, 20
Sorcerer, 15, 15, 35, 20

Quote from mrdorkus
The fact that Sorcerers & Rogue only gain 1 life per vitality, while Warriors gain +2 (not talking about per level up bonus), gives a huge advantage to the Warriors as vitality is an non-capped stat. I'm not exactly sure how to remedy this besides to have vitality and magic give all classes +2 instead (leave the level up bonus untouched). [...] Or, if you want, the better way may be to leave the way vitality and magic effects life/mana alone and only have it so that when vitality is increased beyond 80, to have it give +2 to life regardless to what class.
Formulas that are in effect:

Max Life:
Warrior: 2 * VIT_char + 2 * VIT_item + 2 * clvl + +HP + 18
Rogue: 1 * VIT_char + 1.5 * VIT_item + 2 * clvl + +HP + 23
Sorcerer: 1 * VIT_char + 1 * VIT_item + 1 * clvl + +HP + 19

+HP is health directly from items (can be negative)
VIT_item is the vitality that is given from items (can be negative)
VIT_char is the vitality from your spend points (can't be negative)

Warriors are designed to go into melee. He receives the most health from everything.
Rogue is designed to fight on long and short range with bows. In the end, she has lower health compared to the Warrior, but she has more mana and can use mana shield to boost her protection.
Sorcerer is designed to fight on range with his spells. Basically he only needs as much life as he needs to survive until he fiends mana shield.

If we have a look at the Mana formulas, it will look different.

Max Mana:
Warrior: 1 * MAG_char + 1 * MAG_item + 1 * clvl + +MP - 1
Rogue: 1 * MAG_char + 1.5 * MAG_item + 2 * clvl + +MP + 5
Sorcerer: 2 *MAG_char + 2 * MAG_item + 2 * clvl + +MP - 2

Here, the Warrior is the worst, Rogue in the middle and Sorcerer is best.

Also, you may note that Rogue receives a 0.5 more mana and vitality through items.
In the long run, +HP items are best to raise the HP with any character.
I still would need Vitality affect more because atm it only effects Life. There is no real gain in having +VIT items instead of +HP items right now.

Maybe I should add a formula that adds physical resistance based on char level and vitality. Your life value will be more worth vs most enemies depending on your vitality.
Also, I should make it improve the life regeneration.

The Diablo The Hell mod I referenced used Vitality part of the max Damage reduced per Attack. But the whole game was changed around the need of having -DamageTaken Affixes to survive longer.

edit:
news:
- some additions to Tristram's cathedral building to make it look better
- added life regeneration based on vitality

Oh and I had a great idea. Vitality could influence the damage needed and its chances to put you into hit recovery...

edit:
- made Strength have a bigger impact on damage than Dexterity for the Rogue and slightly nerved her axe damage. Buffed Warrior's and Sorcerer's bow damage.
ROGUE physical damage: (STR*1.2 + DEX*0.8)*clvl/200 for bow; (STR)*clvl/125 for axes; (STR*1.25 + DEX*0.75)*clvl/200 for other melee weapons.
WARRIOR physical damage: (STR)*clvl/150 for bow; (STR)*clvl/100 for other weapons
SORCERER physical damage: (STR)*clvl/150 for bows; (STR)*clvl/100 for other weapons

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 17 2012, 8:16 am by Ahli.

Jan 17 2012, 8:13 am mrdorkus Post #452

Quote from Ahli
Quote from mrdorkus
Warrior and Rogue both have a total of 85 stat points from the start, while Sorcerers have 80 only.
All have 85 stat points at start.
class, STR, DEX, MAG, VIT
Warrior, 30, 20, 10, 25
Rogue, 20, 30, 15, 20
Sorcerer, 15, 15, 35, 20

Quote from mrdorkus
The fact that Sorcerers & Rogue only gain 1 life per vitality, while Warriors gain +2 (not talking about per level up bonus), gives a huge advantage to the Warriors as vitality is an non-capped stat. I'm not exactly sure how to remedy this besides to have vitality and magic give all classes +2 instead (leave the level up bonus untouched). [...] Or, if you want, the better way may be to leave the way vitality and magic effects life/mana alone and only have it so that when vitality is increased beyond 80, to have it give +2 to life regardless to what class.
Formulas that are in effect:

Max Life:
Warrior: 2 * VIT_char + 2 * VIT_item + 2 * clvl + +HP + 18
Rogue: 1 * VIT_char + 1.5 * VIT_item + 2 * clvl + +HP + 23
Sorcerer: 1 * VIT_char + 1 * VIT_item + 1 * clvl + +HP + 19

+HP is health directly from items (can be negative)
VIT_item is the vitality that is given from items (can be negative)
VIT_char is the vitality from your spend points (can't be negative)

Warriors are designed to go into melee. He receives the most health from everything.
Rogue is designed to fight on long and short range with bows. In the end, she has lower health compared to the Warrior, but she has more mana and can use mana shield to boost her protection.
Sorcerer is designed to fight on range with his spells. Basically he only needs as much life as he needs to survive until he fiends mana shield.

If we have a look at the Mana formulas, it will look different.

Max Mana:
Warrior: 1 * MAG_char + 1 * MAG_item + 1 * clvl + +MP - 1
Rogue: 1 * MAG_char + 1.5 * MAG_item + 2 * clvl + +MP + 5
Sorcerer: 2 *MAG_char + 2 * MAG_item + 2 * clvl + +MP - 2

Here, the Warrior is the worst, Rogue in the middle and Sorcerer is best.

Also, you may note that Rogue receives a 0.5 more mana and vitality through items.
In the long run, +HP items are best to raise the HP with any character.
I still would need Vitality affect more because atm it only effects Life. There is no real gain in having +VIT items instead of +HP items right now.

Maybe I should add a formula that adds physical resistance based on char level and vitality. Your life value will be more worth vs most enemies depending on your vitality.
Also, I should make it improve the life regeneration.

The Diablo The Hell mod I referenced used Vitality part of the max Damage reduced per Attack. But the whole game was changed around the need of having -DamageTaken Affixes to survive longer.

edit:
news:
- some additions to Tristram's cathedral building to make it look better
- added life regeneration based on vitality

Oh and I had a great idea. Vitality could influence the damage needed and its chances to put you into hit recovery...

The reason I said Sorcerer had only 80 is because the stat table I saw showed Sorcerer starting strength at 10 instead of your 15 that you said. If it's truly 15, then there's no problem. I still think though that over 80 vitality (I calculated based on where the other 3 stats will be maxed based on only using the stat points given per level), there should be a balance for all characters. Giving Vitality another benefit is a better use of Vitality then but in regards to this, shouldn't magic also give a bonus (besides just reading books and increasing mana), perhaps increasing chance to hit with magic?

None.

Jan 17 2012, 8:41 am Ahli Post #453

The stats table ingame shows 15 Strength. It was already 15 in Diablo. I've never changed that value as far as I remember.

Effects of Magic:
- Makes you be able to read books
- Gives you mana based on your class
- improves firebolt's damage & CtH
- improves fireball's damage
- improves charged bolt's damage & CtH
- improves lightning CtH
- improves chain lightning CtH
- improves inferno CtH
- the Magic on your body (-> without items, buffs) improves holy bolt damage

I should make a huge list with all formulas, shouldn't I? :D

edit:
news:
- Gave Rogue a tiny chance to critical depending on STR and DEX: floor( [STR * 3.6 + DEX * 0.9] / 100) %.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 17 2012, 8:46 am by Ahli.

Jan 17 2012, 8:46 am mrdorkus Post #454

Didn't realize it had other effects. That's fine then.

I hope this is the case where you won't be adding Hellfire class(es) in this game right (Monk, Bard/Barbarian?). I see no point to it but I just wanted to confirm this.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 8:56 am Ahli Post #455

I might add other classes later after I finished the game for 3 classes. As I want to add skills an additional class can be a lot of work.
But monk and summoner would be the coolest classes I could add.
I guess I would experiment with something the assasin in D2 had (you gain charges for abilities).

But theorizing/creating/adding skills for the existing 3 classes is much more important.

Jan 17 2012, 9:10 pm shayoko Post #456

i see. ill leave the math to you as i,m a bit slow at manually doing math equations such as those. as to that 8 kb limit it appears to be true all the other bank files i use are 2-5 kb while diablo is 10 . i was considering maybe besides asking blizzard to increase the limit the multiple banks could work so long as you reduce the kb count on them a map named dragon rpg has 6 bank files added together its 15 kb which is almost double the limit yet i haven't seen a single issue with loading characters even playing with 4(4 is max) charector info, gas ,min ,talents or what ever else each has their own bank file. maybe with your map its not possible but its just a suggestion.
ps.sorry for the morbid spelling i cant type for beans

None.

Jan 17 2012, 10:16 pm Ahli Post #457

Quote from shayoko
i see. ill leave the math to you as i,m a bit slow at manually doing math equations such as those. as to that 8 kb limit it appears to be true all the other bank files i use are 2-5 kb while diablo is 10 . i was considering maybe besides asking blizzard to increase the limit the multiple banks could work so long as you reduce the kb count on them a map named dragon rpg has 6 bank files added together its 15 kb which is almost double the limit yet i haven't seen a single issue with loading characters even playing with 4(4 is max) charector info, gas ,min ,talents or what ever else each has their own bank file. maybe with your map its not possible but its just a suggestion.
ps.sorry for the morbid spelling i cant type for beans
We will see how often the corruption will appear after I deployed the next patch.

I only need to fix shrine damage changes within my damage/projectile system and get a shrine model. I think I will upload the new version then.

edit:
ok, damage effects seem to work on all spells now. This has lead to a small visual delay on the projectile's impact.

news:
- Flash disables the hero after cast for about 1 second.
- Added all shrine effects.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 17 2012, 11:27 pm by Ahli.

Jan 18 2012, 3:08 am mrdorkus Post #458

You mentioned all negative Shrines will be gone, will all the Shrines in the game be the same as D1~D3?

You also mentioned that the durability of the item cannot become indestructible once it hits 255 durability. So is 255 durability the max?

What % progress would you say the catacombs is at right now?

Will you be releasing something before catacombs or everything once catacombs are done?

Do items with speed and hit recovery stack? (meaning will multiple "quick" give me fast for attack speed, etc...

Originally, Warriors had natural fast block, making shields with fast block a useless attribute for them, is that still the case? And there was speed and haste abilities on weapons give the same speed, making fastest and faster have the same attack speed (probably a bug in the original game), is that still the case?

Will it be quite some time before uniques are introduce in this game? (I want to find Dreamflange, hehe)

None.

Jan 18 2012, 8:51 am Ahli Post #459

Quote from mrdorkus
You mentioned all negative Shrines will be gone, will all the Shrines in the game be the same as D1~D3?
Most shrines are a non punishing version of the D1 shrines. A few of them can punish you in some situations (+2 random stat, -1 random other stat effect for example might be the worst one), but in general they are good. Also, they aren't harming the hero in a permanent way. Longest buffs are 30 minutes, other buffs are 5 minutes.
There are also some D2 shrines and some extra shrines just adding some damage% or raising fire resistance or critical strike chance, ...

Quote from mrdorkus
You also mentioned that the durability of the item cannot become indestructible once it hits 255 durability. So is 255 durability the max?
999 DUR because of shrine effects and later because of items I hopefully will add. At least in theory.

Quote from mrdorkus
What % progress would you say the catacombs is at right now?
They are generated, but I need to add quest specific rooms, 1 quest dungeon area, stairs entrance from town, new models, more doodads, ...

Quote from mrdorkus
Will you be releasing something before catacombs or everything once catacombs are done?
Yes, the next update will bring all changes I made including 37 shrines.

Quote from mrdorkus
Do items with speed and hit recovery stack? (meaning will multiple "quick" give me fast for attack speed, etc...
They do not stack, the best one is used.

Quote from mrdorkus
Originally, Warriors had natural fast block, making shields with fast block a useless attribute for them, is that still the case? And there was speed and haste abilities on weapons give the same speed, making fastest and faster have the same attack speed (probably a bug in the original game), is that still the case?
I'm not 100% sure because it's not super easy to test, but most of these problems shouldn't apply to my map. Classes have different recovery, block time used.

Quote from mrdorkus
Will it be quite some time before uniques are introduce in this game? (I want to find Dreamflange, hehe)
I didn't do anything for uniques, yet. Also, I don't know which original Diablo items I shall add.

Jan 18 2012, 9:21 am mrdorkus Post #460

I say go ahead and add all the D1 (don't bother with Hellfire, unless you really want to) uniques to the game, especially the quest rewards one. Even though most magical items were better in the original, this game, probably rares will be better than most uniques. If you want, you can add more useful uniques to the game that is from D2 (probably use the stats of D2 but keep it on D1 items instead, that would be a nice feature and probably make uniques worth getting over rare items). If you're going with the D2 uniques stats over D1 items route, you can probably skip D1 uniques if you want. If you do skip D1 uniques, at least make quest rewards drop rare items instead of magical.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 2554 >
  Back to forum