Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 19 20 21 22 2354 >

Dec 7 2011, 3:33 am payne Post #401

:payne:

- When we pick up a potion or a town portal, it shouldn't be added on a column where there is a different kind of item unless there is no more space elsewhere. It should be added over an item of the same kind on the same column, or into a new column if there are no items of the same kind with space in the same column.
- Will the healer restore mana?
- Is that goblin supposed to always give shitty items or am I just being unlucky? :><:
- Hovering an item on the ground with the mouse show show its name.
- When holding 'Shift' and targeting an archer, maybe it should automatically let you move to the enemy without you needing to release Shift since they have an AI that makes them run a bit further when under attack?
- When killing a boss or searching a bookshelf in multiplayer, maybe the drop should attempt to directly get into the inventory of the player that killed/searched?
- We should be able to partially repair our items if we do not have enough money to repair them completely.
- I decided I wouldn't use any of the spell books, except for the Town Portal and Healing ones, because nearly all the monsters are immune to magic so in the end I just end up wasting mana.
- Why do you need to make players wait 15 seconds in the multiplayer mode but not in singleplayer one?

Here are pictures of that annoying "(0,0)" bug. First picture happened earlier in the game. I could never get rid of that thing so I just lived with it until I was done.

Somehow, after a while, another grey unusable slot of the inventory appeared, as you can see in the second picture.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 7 2011, 7:39 am by payne.

None.

Dec 7 2011, 9:12 am Ahli Post #402

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
- When we pick up a potion or a town portal, it shouldn't be added on a column where there is a different kind of item unless there is no more space elsewhere. It should be added over an item of the same kind on the same column, or into a new column if there are no items of the same kind with space in the same column.
I wanted to do something like that one day.

Quote from payne
- Will the healer restore mana?
No.

Quote from payne
- Is that goblin supposed to always give shitty items or am I just being unlucky? :><:
If you mean garbhad the weak? At first he drops something that can be bad, then he drops something that can be better.

Quote from payne
- Hovering an item on the ground with the mouse show show its name.
Sounds good.

Quote from payne
- When holding 'Shift' and targeting an archer, maybe it should automatically let you move to the enemy without you needing to release Shift since they have an AI that makes them run a bit further when under attack?
You could just click once where it stands. If you ordered your unit to attack, it will follow the target to keep attacking it.

Quote from payne
- When killing a boss or searching a bookshelf in multiplayer, maybe the drop should attempt to directly get into the inventory of the player that killed/searched?
Don't like.

Quote from payne
- We should be able to partially repair our items if we do not have enough money to repair them completely.
I will think about that.

Quote from payne
- I decided I wouldn't use any of the spell books, except for the Town Portal and Healing ones, because nearly all the monsters are immune to magic so in the end I just end up wasting mana.
Magic is its own damage class like fire or lightning, so flash wouldn't do damage versus them, but you don't have a flash spell at start. Atm flash is the only magic damage spell. ;S

Quote from payne
- Why do you need to make players wait 15 seconds in the multiplayer mode but not in singleplayer one?
Singleplayer guys have 4-5 seconds lag instead of a 15 seconds waiting time with smaller lags because the people that aren't using the stairs might be fighting and they would have 4-5 seconds of freezed screen, too or the lagger-window appearing in their screen.

Quote from payne
Here are pictures of that annoying "(0,0)" bug. First picture happened earlier in the game. I could never get rid of that thing so I just lived with it until I was done.

Somehow, after a while, another grey unusable slot of the inventory appeared, as you can see in the second picture.
Can you send me your bank file "diablosaves"? That's indeed a serious problem. :crazy:
Then I could have a look what's at the blank spots.

Dec 7 2011, 4:19 pm payne Post #403

You could just click once where it stands. If you ordered your unit to attack, it will follow the target to keep attacking it.
Oh, I thought I had to keep clicking to keep attacking, or at the very least keep the mouse click down. You say I can click on a target only once and it will lock the attack on it? :O

Magic is its own damage class like fire or lightning, so flash wouldn't do damage versus them, but you don't have a flash spell at start. Atm flash is the only magic damage spell. ;S
You should mention the class of the spell on the spell and the book. :)

Can you send me your bank file "diablosaves"?
Done.

And another question: for when the players' chest? :awesome:

None.

Dec 7 2011, 4:27 pm Ahli Post #404

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
Oh, I thought I had to keep clicking to keep attacking, or at the very least keep the mouse click down. You say I can click on a target only once and it will lock the attack on it? :O
Yes, because melee attack is an actual ability in data editor unlike shooting an arrow.

Quote from payne

Done.

You will learn what it is with its name or after you learned 1 level of the spell because the damage states which type of damage will be dealt.
Thx 4 bank file and I will add the "stash" when I'm motivated. Maybe you motivated me to do that, if I can't find the item error. I will see ;D

edit:
So, I checked your bank file from your account and the mad items weren't saved.
Basically your inventory looks like this:

Belt:
x x - - -
x x - - x
x x - x x
Inventory:
H1 x
Am x
LW x Ar x RW -
LR x RR -
Bag:
- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
learned Spells: 3

So, now I know that the problematic items aren't saved. If you load the hero it should look how I described it.

I've disabled the threading with the item pickup handler which configures that, maybe that was causing the problem.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 7 2011, 5:58 pm by Ahli.

Dec 7 2011, 5:25 pm payne Post #405

Quote from Ahli
Quote from payne
Yes, because melee attack is an actual ability in data editor unlike shooting an arrow.

Quote from payne

Done.

You will learn what it is with its name or after you learned 1 level of the spell because the damage states which type of damage will be dealt.
Thx 4 bank file and I will add the "stash" when I'm motivated. Maybe you motivated me to do that, if I can't find the item error. I will see ;D

edit:
So, I checked your bank file from your account and the mad items weren't saved.
Basically your inventory looks like this:

Belt:
x x - - -
x x - - x
x x - x x
Inventory:
H1 x
Am x
LW x Ar x RW -
LR x RR -
Bag:
- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
learned Spells: 3

So, now I know that the problematic items aren't saved. If you load the hero it should look how I described it.
I never keep items in my bag: always sell them unless I plan on using them later on, but then it bugs me to have to carry an item with me all the time and lose space to carry out items to sell when I use my TP. This is why I want a stash. :P
Nothing's bugged it looks. But the bag should be fucked this way:

- x - - - - - - - -
x x - - - - - - - -
x - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

None.

Dec 7 2011, 6:09 pm Ahli Post #406

Did you play alone or with other players at start in that game?

Because the item that is referenced wasn't in the bank file or was actually in another position, the item is to often referenced inside the players inventory OR the item isn't even inside the player's inventory (so hero doesn't carry the item).
There has to be an item entry in the array, else no blank spot. But the item wasn't saved, so it wasn't inside the heroes inventory.

Maybe my threading changes already fix that problem.

Dec 7 2011, 6:30 pm payne Post #407

Quote from Ahli

Because the item that is referenced wasn't in the bank file or was actually in another position, the item is to often referenced inside the players inventory OR the item isn't even inside the player's inventory (so hero doesn't carry the item).
There has to be an item entry in the array, else no blank spot. But the item wasn't saved, so it wasn't inside the heroes inventory.

I can't understand what you just wrote. :/
And I can't remember if I was playing with someone else at the start.

There was no item to save in that spot, I was only saying that those 4 slots in my inventory were bugged and I couldn't place items there during the game.

None.

Dec 7 2011, 7:01 pm Ahli Post #408

Quote from payne
Quote from Ahli

I can't understand what you just wrote. :/
And I can't remember if I was playing with someone else at the start.

There was no item to save in that spot, I was only saying that those 4 slots in my inventory were bugged and I couldn't place items there during the game.
Ok, so you were playing alone.
What I stated is the result of the bank file, screenshot and my triggers combined.
So maybe it's fixed with the next release already.

If it will still occur after next release as a blank spot or as an unclickable item inside the inventory, I would like to have bank file + screenshot again (best would be, if you just quit the map directly after making the screenshot without tests/selling/placing stuff around in inventory) and maybe a short description how much item pickups you had after it worked last time.

edit:
news:
- I've added a check for something else that could have potentially f*cked up the reference which results in that item referencing bug.
- Stash code is half way done. ;>

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 8 2011, 2:24 am by Ahli.

Dec 8 2011, 3:15 pm shayoko Post #409

if anyone would like to play on the us server with me my name is Yoko code=564
Edit-was wondering if the great sword was the final sword class. i was hoping for 1 more something epic like holy or demonic sword XD
suggestions
1-increase monster/enemy spawning. after i clear a floor it becomes difficult to find things to kill for exp

2-quests for other villigers. this goes by the D1 storyline right? but it doesnt have to be the same some bonus quests that werent in the original could be added
like finding something for the witch altho thier woudlent be any audio half the time sc2 gets a glitch where it doesnt play unit sounds or voices anyway.

3.hero monster spawns- after the originals are killed maybe special monster classes come from the random spawns

4-.odins sign-the 4 demons rarely drop items that can be sold or used. one of them should drop like a rare mace type weapon or something sellable at least

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 8 2011, 3:33 pm by shayoko.

None.

Dec 9 2011, 1:29 am Ahli Post #410

Quote from shayoko
if anyone would like to play on the us server with me my name is Yoko code=564
Edit-was wondering if the great sword was the final sword class. i was hoping for 1 more something epic like holy or demonic sword XD
suggestions
1-increase monster/enemy spawning. after i clear a floor it becomes difficult to find things to kill for exp

2-quests for other villigers. this goes by the D1 storyline right? but it doesnt have to be the same some bonus quests that werent in the original could be added
like finding something for the witch altho thier woudlent be any audio half the time sc2 gets a glitch where it doesnt play unit sounds or voices anyway.

3.hero monster spawns- after the originals are killed maybe special monster classes come from the random spawns

4-.odins sign-the 4 demons rarely drop items that can be sold or used. one of them should drop like a rare mace type weapon or something sellable at least
The levels aren't designed to have people play in that levels over and over again. There will be progress into new dungeons with new, stronger monsters and new quests.
If I have completed the original quests, I will look into adding hellfire quests or adding more. But it's a long road till I'm there.

news:
- added a stash with 10x10 space which is shared between all heroes of a player. Not every item is stashable. Scrolls, potions, books, quest items cannot be put into the stash. Gold can't be stashed neither.

Items will get a clvl requirement. It will be based on the affixes' and base item's defined quality level. This will prevent sharing of to powerful equipment to the characters.

Dec 9 2011, 1:49 am payne Post #411

Quote from Ahli
news:
- added a stash with 10x10 space which is shared between all heroes of a player. Not every item is stashable. Scrolls, potions, books, quest items cannot be put into the stash. Gold can't be stashed neither.

Items will get a clvl requirement. It will be based on the affixes' and base item's defined quality level. This will prevent sharing of to powerful equipment to the characters.
:awesome:

Can't wait for you to update the map. :wub:

None.

Dec 9 2011, 2:52 am Ahli Post #412

Quote from payne
Can't wait for you to update the map. :wub:
Next week or this weekend, I guess.

news:
- Clvl requirements are added now.

I still need to fix the tooltip's display with not met requirements (requirement number becomes red) because I added the new requirements check.

Dec 9 2011, 3:06 am payne Post #413

Oh, forgot to report that: I think it was a unique hunter's bow item. Requirements were not met, but the item wasn't red (thus not visually letting me know I couldn't wear it). It probably applies to all unique items?

None.

Dec 10 2011, 1:12 am Ahli Post #414

Quote from payne
Oh, forgot to report that: I think it was a unique hunter's bow item. Requirements were not met, but the item wasn't red (thus not visually letting me know I couldn't wear it). It probably applies to all unique items?
Screenshot it, if you see that.

Item's aren't drawn red in trade windows. Maybe you saw that.

Dec 10 2011, 7:48 pm shayoko Post #415

same cant w8 for map updates im playing the dragon rpg beta map til then XD

None.

Dec 10 2011, 9:36 pm payne Post #416

Quote from shayoko
same cant w8 for map updates im playing the dragon rpg beta map til then XD
Ew. :crazy:

None.

Dec 12 2011, 9:35 pm shayoko Post #417

well i dont really care for ladder and custume maps are almost pointless without a bank system my ps3 is broken so its not like i have much choice. im at lvl 15 on the map and cant gain a lvl without absurd training on lvl 4 whats worse is once u kill all the enemys the spawns arent high enough to train :(

None.

Dec 16 2011, 5:00 pm Ahli Post #418

news:
- added backup bank. It's pretty much untested. Now I save the data into a second bank after the data was saved to the first bank.
If your main bank file has a broken signature, all entries of the backup bank file will be converted to your main bank file. Your backup bank file's signature needs to be intact for that.
- made corruption messages, etc easier to read when they appear (credits text shows up delayed now)
- Gillian has a talking animation of a few seconds with every of her speeches. There is no longer animation within WoL for that portrait. I might add it for other townies, too.
- added a cooler dungeon loading screen
- added some item graphics for items that shared graphics

If the bank corruption problem persists and both bank files are corrupt, please let me know.
If you have problems with the stash, let me know. (screenshot + bank would be cool)
If you have problems with items being unclickable or stackable within inventory, let me know. (screenshot + bank would be cool)
If you think you encounter to many weapons that you aren't meeting the clvl requirement for, let me know.

Updated on EU and US to version 0.256

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2011, 9:08 pm by Ahli.

Dec 17 2011, 12:49 am shayoko Post #419

nice update. screens shots never done b4 but i can probley figure out how to get them. as for the bank you want the file itself sent ? and how this?(just wondering dont need to yet)

None.

Dec 17 2011, 1:41 am Ahli Post #420

Quote from shayoko
nice update. screens shots never done b4 but i can probley figure out how to get them. as for the bank you want the file itself sent ? and how this?(just wondering dont need to yet)
Screenshot button is the PRINT button on the keyboard. The Screenshot will be inside your Starcraft 2 folder within your document folder.
Send me a PM with the content or post it within [ collapse ] tags which creates a collapsable text area like this:
Collapse Box

Options
Pages: < 1 « 19 20 21 22 2354 >
  Back to forum