Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 2254 >

Nov 27 2011, 2:25 pm shayoko Post #381

ya i also forgot to mention when battle nets down for any reason but if you dont control it it cant be helped. no problems found yet with the new version :D .

tho i havent been able to play as much as i want to because blizzards last patch effected my game a bit baddly i got the random drop problem now that for some reason dident start until 4-5 days ago. but ill still try to play occasionaly :D.
still hoping for a war staff that favors boosting the mages magical abiltys and not melle.---- one question i have is for the hit% a staff amoung other items i got has it .is that just for physical damage or does it also apply to magic accuracy

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 27 2011, 4:10 pm by shayoko.

None.

Nov 27 2011, 3:31 pm Ahli Post #382

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from shayoko
one question i have is for the hit% a staff amoung other items i got has it it that just for physical damage or does it also apply to magic accuracy
That's physical only, so not for spells.

Nov 27 2011, 4:11 pm shayoko Post #383

thanks :D o i forgot to mention i like the mages robe compared to the older version it looks nice XD

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 27 2011, 4:52 pm by shayoko.

None.

Nov 27 2011, 7:18 pm payne Post #384

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
So, I didn't do anything yesterday. Maybe Payne deleted the old version, so nobody plays outdated map.
You are right. ;)

None.

Nov 29 2011, 6:51 pm shayoko Post #385

well saddly until the bank system on this map is fixed its unplayable. i lost my guy again it currupted for no reason and unlike other maps with banks theirs no way 2 make a back up... spend to many hours on this for it to happen lol. i mean i play rlr alot and that rarely happens you have to be lucky to get a corrupt file and even if it did you could just have copys of it

None.

Nov 29 2011, 7:41 pm Ahli Post #386

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from shayoko
well saddly until the bank system on this map is fixed its unplayable. i lost my guy again it currupted for no reason and unlike other maps with banks theirs no way 2 make a back up... spend to many hours on this for it to happen lol. i mean i play rlr alot and that rarely happens you have to be lucky to get a corrupt file and even if it did you could just have copys of it
Corrupted banks are a result of a problem your computer or with battle.net. Banks are reset if the signature is broken, so if the bank file isn't valid, it will reset. This is there to prevent editing and cheating.

I've never had a problem with banks myself, but you are the second person that reported that kind of problem.
You can make copies of your bank yourself or try to fix your computer or complain at Blizzard forums.
I really have no clue what's causing that problem.

I don't think that it's connected with all players' summed bank size because the guy that had the problem was playing alone.

So, was there something special the time you played BEFORE the banks were reset (when the last save happened)?
Did you lag out of the game? Did you exit the game properly or did you shut down sc2 via task manager or did sc2 crash?
How many players were in game when your bank was reset?

Nov 29 2011, 8:24 pm shayoko Post #387

i have been lagging out a bit more often as it was rare b4 i had the fps drop issue but the game b4 i lost my guy i just quit out thru the sc menu. was playen wi some people and i just left after i was alone :(. in any case i started another warrior and ill copy my bank file after im done with every game so hopefully i can salvage my progress in the future :) i really love the map just between losing my charectors that i spend alot of time on and the frame issue its kind of depressing.
Edit- i started ma 3rd charector i decided to go with a warrior this time and got to to lvl 8 THEN BAM CORRUPTED! thankfully i took your advice had back up and i was saved from another depressing day :D
Edit 2-thier was a full house (4 people) the previous game and btw every single person ive played with so far has had thier files currupted (tells you on the main screen)
Yokos save file has corrupted and has been deleted. or something like that. and the game after was only me and 2 others me and one of the other players lost are charectors the 3rd guy dident cuz it was his 1st time playing so he had nothing to lose. so if your not seeing these problems it has something to do with the US realm? doesnt matter anymore tho as long as i can keep restoring my guy im fine. ---------------1 other thing tho that might help figuring this out its never happened to me while playing alone only others.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 30 2011, 1:59 pm by shayoko.

None.

Nov 30 2011, 4:00 pm shayoko Post #388

i see you updated the monsters on lvl 4 i was surprised it was like being swarmed by mini bosses. the quest that had been on that lvl was just 2 easy (odins sign)and the expereince you got from enemys on that lvl just wasent enough after you hit between 12-14then it takes absoulutly forever to lvl up :( so im glad that thiers more stuff thier :D

None.

Nov 30 2011, 11:13 pm payne Post #389

shayo, you play on the US server right?
We should play a bit together. :)

None.

Dec 3 2011, 10:10 am payne Post #390

Just played a good 3 hours as a warrior. I believe I've passed through everything that was done. (Catacombs said "Area under construction".)
Anyways, here are a few bugs I ran into:
- I often had an error message saying "item in inventory position 0,0 isn't registred", it happened most often when I was messing into my inventory while trading with some NPC, and while the 0,0 position was filled by a small life potion. I had it happen with a buckler too I think.
- That spot with the Overlords guarding the Sign: if I used "Shift" while trying to attack the monsters, I wouldn't reach them most of the time (because they are so big?) so I had to fight without holding shift.
- It is also annoying to fight archers with the Shift thingy.
- The Healer doesn't heal mana? It looks like I'm obliged to buy mana potions or wait. :(
- That gambler guy is a bitch and ripped me off so many times! XD

None.

Dec 3 2011, 3:10 pm shayoko Post #391

ya i agree the gambler ripps peeps off i wont use him unless i cant get stronger from store items.
yes i play on the us server ill post my name and C code when im done with the game im in for anyone who wants to play this map
i can understand the healer not restoring magic as he deals with physical healing and doesnt know much if anything about that.besides thiers no medicine for magic XD
ive only got that 0,0 error with equipment and so far it happens on the item in the top left. to fix click on a item thats equiped to you and it will auto drop it(if dident know)
i found a loops hole with the scrolls you may wish to fix they only disapear if you use YOUR gate to warp back. if theirs other people who have warp gates u can use them infinitly so basically a perminant portal to w/e lvl u want.
only other issue is monster apawning after you wipe out everything on a lvl (lvl4 for to be noted) the monster spawns are to small and once u hit lvl 14-15 it becomes a life goal to gain 1 more lvl as theirs not enough creatures to kill and this is if your playing solo id really like it if thier was a higher/bigger spawn rate :D

None.

Dec 3 2011, 5:16 pm Ahli Post #392

Quote from payne
Just played a good 3 hours as a warrior. I believe I've passed through everything that was done. (Catacombs said "Area under construction".)
Anyways, here are a few bugs I ran into:
- I often had an error message saying "item in inventory position 0,0 isn't registred", it happened most often when I was messing into my inventory while trading with some NPC, and while the 0,0 position was filled by a small life potion. I had it happen with a buckler too I think.
- That spot with the Overlords guarding the Sign: if I used "Shift" while trying to attack the monsters, I wouldn't reach them most of the time (because they are so big?) so I had to fight without holding shift.
@Error message:
That's an error which I don't know how it is created. Basically you have an item in the inventory which hasn't been referenced. Normally these items should have been dropped. I added that error message to test if exactly that is the malfunction. Now I know that the conditions are true, if the error appeared.

@Overlords
Triggers and data have different definitions when something is within a search area (date = edge of unit area, trigger = middle of unit).
Because that monsters are big units, it's hard to focus on them with shift.
Yeah, that's something that I have to improve.

Quote from shayoko
ive only got that 0,0 error with equipment and so far it happens on the item in the top left. to fix click on a item thats equiped to you and it will auto drop it(if dident know)
i found a loops hole with the scrolls you may wish to fix they only disapear if you use YOUR gate to warp back. if theirs other people who have warp gates u can use them infinitly so basically a perminant portal to w/e lvl u want.
@dropping bugged item
I didn't know that, thanks.

@town portals
That's the default behavior of town portals. You could do that in Diablo 1 and 2, too.

Dec 3 2011, 5:55 pm shayoko Post #393

o dident know that did not get to play the originals much. and dont think id want to now for various reasons tho am a bit tempted ,i love rpg games where u lvl up and can get equipiment XD
u added a voice to the kings quest man that scared me :O and unlees its becuase im a higher lvl the monster got more life so im happy :D the butcher had over 440 hp :O comapred when i 1st fought him at 196 :O

None.

Dec 3 2011, 9:38 pm payne Post #394

Quote from shayoko
He's never played the real Diablo! :fear:

None.

Dec 3 2011, 10:49 pm shayoko Post #395

Quote from payne
[quote=name:shayoko]
He's never played the real Diablo! :fear:
i dident have a comp back then so i coudlent lol and now thiers not much reason to id have to play alone which would kind of be depressing

None.

Dec 4 2011, 2:18 am payne Post #396

- There is a bug with the feet's animation of the Warrior.
- I've got to redo the quests I had already completed once I rehosted.
- Somehow, I wasn't informed of the Butcher quest yesterday, but today yes.

None.

Dec 4 2011, 11:56 pm payne Post #397

- Character window doesn't show Points to add every time you open it. Some times you have to close and re-open it.
- Green doors (for bosses) do not appear on minimap.
- Leaving the window of the talk with the guy that you've recovered his tavern sign doesn't stop his talking sound.
- While playing with 2 other players, I've had for the first time a message saying "Please wait while the next dungeon level is being generated. 15 seconds."
- While playing with multiple players, looting a dead corpse on the ground would bring up a trigger error.
- It'd be nice to add an image of the spell on the Books.
- You should show the average required amount of stats on the items we buy from the Gambler, or at least not show the ones that you can't equip at the moment.
- You should show the names of the allies over their head.

Q: Does the game auto-save now? No need to type anything before leaving?

EDIT: My level 14 warrior character with epic equipment got deleted because I was dropped at the start of a game! :massimo:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 5 2011, 12:35 am by payne.

None.

Dec 6 2011, 4:47 pm Ahli Post #398

Quote from payne
- There is a bug with the feet's animation of the Warrior.
Bug with WoWModelViewer to m3 format. I can't do anything about it.

Quote from payne
- I've got to redo the quests I had already completed once I rehosted.
No quest progress is saved. You always get a half random set of quests that appear during the session.
Quote from payne
- Somehow, I wasn't informed of the Butcher quest yesterday, but today yes.
Text is drawn for all players, so it had to be there.

Quote from payne
- Character window doesn't show Points to add every time you open it. Some times you have to close and re-open it.
I need more details to fix/understand that: When did that happen? When did you level up? Was the window open during level up or was it closed?
Also, make me a screenshot, if it is missing.

Quote from payne
- Green doors (for bosses) do not appear on minimap.
They belong to player 0 who is white on minimap. I will change them to be invisible, then you might see a hole in the minimap dots.

Quote from payne
- Leaving the window of the talk with the guy that you've recovered his tavern sign doesn't stop his talking sound.
Thanks, I fixed that for Pepin, too, in my version.

Quote from payne
- While playing with 2 other players, I've had for the first time a message saying "Please wait while the next dungeon level is being generated. 15 seconds."
It's only visible in multiplayer because I bypass the waits, if you play alone.

Quote from payne
- While playing with multiple players, looting a dead corpse on the ground would bring up a trigger error.

I altered the conditions for waits in the item creation trigger. Maybe the error was caused by to big runtime.

Quote from payne
- It'd be nice to add an image of the spell on the Books.
Cool idea.

Quote from payne
- You should show the average required amount of stats on the items we buy from the Gambler, or at least not show the ones that you can't equip at the moment.
Stating the default requirements for the item sounds reasonable to me. I won't hide the items from the list for now. Atm it's only limited by your character level.

Quote from payne
- You should show the names of the allies over their head.
Ok, added.

Quote from payne
Q: Does the game auto-save now? No need to type anything before leaving?
It's working now. It's saving every few seconds and if you leave the game.

Quote from payne
My level 14 warrior character with epic equipment got deleted because I was dropped at the start of a game! :massimo:
Sad to read. I think I really need to add a second save file. :S

Quote from shayoko
unlees its becuase im a higher lvl the monster got more life so im happy :D the butcher had over 440 hp :O comapred when i 1st fought him at 196 :O
More players = monsters have more hp. If player leaves = monsters will lose some life.

edit:
also payne, if you PM me your sc2 handle, I can give you an own greeting message.
The handle is the name of the folder in C:\Users\Ahli\Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\*some number*.
The folder's name is something like: 1-S2-1-####### for US servers. I would need the complete folder name.

edit:
news:
- added name of other players above their heads
- added more item information to the items in the gamble window (requirements)
- fixed the " " tooltip appearing on the quest button, if you loaded a hero had an item picked up inside the inventory

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Dec 6 2011, 7:02 pm by Ahli.

Dec 6 2011, 8:52 pm payne Post #399

I need more details to fix/understand that: When did that happen? When did you level up? Was the window open during level up or was it closed?
I think I leveled, opened my Char window, and if you close it without spending all your points, the next time you open it, the "+" buttons do not appear until you close and re-open the window.

I altered the conditions for waits in the item creation trigger. Maybe the error was caused by to big runtime.
What might possibly have happened: me and the other player both clicked on the Corpse to loot it. Since one of the players arrive first, the loot is in process in the trigger. If meanwhile the other player reaches the corpse as well, it might fuck up the trigger?

None.

Dec 6 2011, 9:16 pm Ahli Post #400

Quote from payne
I think I leveled, opened my Char window, and if you close it without spending all your points, the next time you open it, the "+" buttons do not appear until you close and re-open the window.
Ok, an error message pops up, too. I just fixed it. You had to quit the dialog with ESC to bug it. Thanks. :)

Quote from payne
What might possibly have happened: me and the other player both clicked on the Corpse to loot it. Since one of the players arrive first, the loot is in process in the trigger. If meanwhile the other player reaches the corpse as well, it might fuck up the trigger?
I've added a check for the unit be a unit (if containerUnit == NoUnit -> abort), but I'm not sure if that will fix the problem, if that was the problem.

edit:
- fixed bug with char screen that stats upgrade buttons didn't show up after you closed the window with ESC button
- added requirements check for swapping items. The checks are significantly more costly, but might be much "better" now. Now you can equip items that you can wear because of their magic. I didn't test much, so report everything that you think is strange or not working properly, after I published the new version. So if you have 30 dex, but want to carry a bow that requires 35 dex and grants you 8 dex, you can wear it now. Same rule applies to cursed items (-> more difficult to wear cursed items).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 7 2011, 2:39 am by Ahli.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 2254 >
  Back to forum