2011 Year Long RPG Challenge
Dec 30 2010, 5:03 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 721 >

Jan 12 2011, 8:38 pm poison_us Post #81

Back* from the grave

Both. Losers get killed. NO MERCY.

Jan 12 2011, 9:51 pm Neki Post #82

If there's no limit on map size, you have people like Ahli uploading the whole soundtrack of Diablo into their map, which is just unnecessary to be honest. :P

None.

Jan 12 2011, 9:54 pm Dem0n Post #83

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

psh, I think the map should be as big as it needs to. If you're replicating another game, it would make sense to use the game's soundtrack. I've played maps that are over 100 mbs (Vile Egression), and it's no big deal. ;o

Jan 12 2011, 9:57 pm Neki Post #84

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
psh, I think the map should be as big as it needs to. If you're replicating another game, it would make sense to use the game's soundtrack. I've played maps that are over 100 mbs (Vile Egression), and it's no big deal. ;o
I think it stifles creativity, but that's just me. You shouldn't need a whole soundtrack to create atmosphere.

None.

Jan 12 2011, 10:00 pm payne Post #85

:payne:

Quote from UnholyUrine
If there were any lessons to be learn from previous contest.. it is to never hype our own game until you've actually got the basics down and are at least half-way done.... :P

Incidentally... i'm torn between doing a survivalist rpg or a puzzle rpg... XD
Puzzle, puzzle!

None.

Jan 12 2011, 10:03 pm The Starport Post #86

Quote from Neki
I think it stifles creativity, but that's just me. You shouldn't need a whole soundtrack to create atmosphere.
Lies! :massimo: Moar wavs! MORE!

Om nom nom nom...

None.

Jan 12 2011, 10:05 pm FoxWolf1 Post #87

Quote from Neki

Maybe it's not strictly necessary, but if we're talking about a single player map that isn't going to be distributed through battle.net, then where's the harm? If anything is going to stifle creativity, it's an unnecessary limitation on the project. Besides, if there were no point to having a full soundtrack, then why would the original game have one?

None.

Jan 12 2011, 11:05 pm Kaias Post #88

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Quote from Neki
Lies! :massimo: Moar wavs! MORE!

Om nom nom nom...
And suddenly Galactic Gunnerz makes complete sense.

Sign me up- project name: Cedar. I will work on it for exactly one week, any week of my choosing this year. I will create a thread for this map at the start of that week and upload my working version of the map at the end of each day. This will likely be in the summer.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 13 2011, 2:33 am by Kaias. Reason: removed ostensibly imperceptible satire

None.

Jan 13 2011, 7:59 am Neki Post #89

Quote from FoxWolf1
Quote from Neki

Maybe it's not strictly necessary, but if we're talking about a single player map that isn't going to be distributed through battle.net, then where's the harm? If anything is going to stifle creativity, it's an unnecessary limitation on the project. Besides, if there were no point to having a full soundtrack, then why would the original game have one?

Because I think it takes a creative mind (or insane mind) to work in the limited constraints of Starcraft 1 map-making, which I think managing size would fall under. In Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2, the map size doesn't affect your mapping, but in Starcraft, it forces you to be selective about your music and creative in regards to how to create atmosphere without using billions of high size files. But it doesn't really matter.

None.

Jan 13 2011, 3:27 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #90

eternal lurker

Sign me up.
Project Name - Stirring The Ashes

None.

Jan 13 2011, 10:21 pm samsizzle Post #91

I know I don't have that many minerals right now, but I'll donate all the minerals I have by the end of this contest. I don't really have a use for them anyways.

None.

Jan 14 2011, 1:31 am Jack Post #92

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

My map from 2010 broked and got corrupted so I restarted from scratch, which is probably a good thing except for lost terrain. (I could probably get it back but can't be bothered). Anyway, got a name: Necropolis.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jan 14 2011, 8:55 pm The Starport Post #93

*sigh*

If I get time this year after my web applications are finished, I might do a map.

None.

Jan 14 2011, 9:57 pm lil-Inferno Post #94

Just here for the pie

*sigh*

If I get time this year after my web applications are finished, I might do a map.
I CONSIDER THAT TO BE YOU PARTICIPATING.

Jan 14 2011, 10:02 pm The Starport Post #95

Quote from lil-Inferno
*sigh*

I CONSIDER THAT TO BE YOU PARTICIPATING.
k.

File me under 'Sin', then. No promises.

None.

Jan 14 2011, 10:48 pm Vrael Post #96

Wtf? A&O RPG?

None.

Jan 14 2011, 11:18 pm The Starport Post #97

Quote from Vrael
Wtf? A&O RPG?
Yeah. Browser.

Maybe.

None.

Jan 21 2011, 4:13 am Xero Post #98

I'd like to give this a shot, once I learn the ropes of mapmaking again :><:
Untitled for now I suppose

None.

Jan 22 2011, 12:33 am xvsoz Post #99

Hey, yo hello! Let me join also. Umm, so what map editor is most user-friendly?
name map
xvsoz -- Either One
Map name is either one

noooooooooooooooooooo :-(

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 22 2011, 12:44 am by xvsoz.

None.

Jan 22 2011, 12:52 am Raitaki Post #100

User-friendly? Ummmmmmmm StarEdit. :3

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 721 >
  Back to forum