Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: What do you think about America?
What do you think about America?
Sep 1 2007, 3:06 am
By: PwnPirate
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 613 >

Sep 13 2007, 3:23 am Centreri Post #61

Relatively ancient and inactive

You can't stop teenagers from making bad decision. It shouldn't be the education system's fault for people not listening to the advice.
The fact that teenagers here make more bad decisions in America than in most other countries says that there's something wrong with America. Americans are obese, on average stupid, and some can't locate the U.S. on the world map (not an official source, but I believe it - click). I'm pretty sure we can blame those things on the education system.

I appreciate the rights I'm entitled to, but I don't appreciate how few people realize those rights, and how police officers will try to arrest their own citizens so they look good in front of their boss.
I never noticed that happening... In Russia, however, all you need to do to avoid the equivalent of a speeding ticket is give the cop about 5 dollars (which is more by local average income).

None.

Sep 13 2007, 3:51 am Dapperdan Post #62

The fact that teenagers here make more bad decisions in America than in most other countries...

You don't know anything about other countries. Assuming our teenagers our worse than anywhere else with apparently no base is ludicrous.

Well, the education system is horrible, with about 90% of all teens being wanna-be gangsters...

That percentage is more like 5-15%, and that is probably stretching it just to appease you. At least in the state I live in (New Hampshire) that is, and I can say with relative positivity that it won't vary that much fron state to state.

Americans are obese, on average stupid

Perhaps we are more obese than most other countries, but that is a far over-done generalization. As for the "on average stupid", if the USA is "on average stupid", what does that make almost every other country in the world, "on average retarded"? Seriously, where do you get off?

None.

Sep 13 2007, 12:25 pm Golden-Fist Post #63

Quote from Centreri
The fact that teenagers here make more bad decisions in America than in most other countries says that there's something wrong with America. Americans are obese, on average stupid, and some can't locate the U.S. on the world map (not an official source, but I believe it - click). I'm pretty sure we can blame those things on the education system.
Kids skipping school, or just thinking "I'm going to be a rockstar I don't need school" is the education system's fault?

Have you actually been to school? I know these kids and hang out with a few of them. I know they're probably going to get no where in life but I also know that they don't care about the information being given to them. And more of the time they skip the class so they don't even hear it in the first place. Something is wrong with America but it has to do with how much mainstream media is involved with celebrities and Rockstars and success stories. These kids are just too ignorant to know that it won't happen to them. If anything that's bad parenting not bad teachers.

None.

Sep 13 2007, 1:53 pm Centreri Post #64

I think even the standard American would figure it out if the school showed statistics of how many people who skipped school actually got rich as opposed to how many are in crappy jobs.

Maybe you're right, though - the media does play a large part in it.

None.

Sep 13 2007, 4:51 pm Kellimus Post #65

Quote from Dapperdan
Perhaps we are more obese than most other countries, but that is a far over-done generalization. As for the "on average stupid", if the USA is "on average stupid", what does that make almost every other country in the world, "on average retarded"? Seriously, where do you get off?

We're the most obese nation in the world.. How is that a "far over-done generalization"?

And yes, most Americans are stupid.

And because of George W. Bush's "No Child Left Behind", it dumbs down the smart kids even more.

Seems like George Orwell knew wtf he was talking about...

Quote from Centreri
I think even the standard American would figure it out if the school showed statistics of how many people who skipped school actually got rich as opposed to how many are in crappy jobs.

Maybe you're right, though - the media does play a large part in it.

The media plays a large part in EVERYTHING.

You really think what's going on in Iraq is what really is going on?

Watch CNN, and you'll get the truth. Of course, they throw in their bias opinions (just like any other news station) but thats exactly what they are: Opinions, not fact.

Which is why they give you the FACTS.

I know many people in the military (my 3rd cousin who is a mechanic IN IRAQ) who says what the media broadcasts is BS.

And I ask all of you who support the government... Why are we still in Iraq when there are KNOWN GROWING TERRORIST CAMPS in Afghanistan?

Oh, that's right: "We will protect Iraq's Oil from these Terrorists" - George W. Bush (Of course, paraphrased past all the propagandious BS)

"We didn't invade Iraq for Oil!"? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

That's why we invaded a country with no Democracy.

Established the Democracy. Hell, even wrote their constitution for them. We picked two presidential candadites to put in there, and now look at where we are.

In the middle of a damn Civil War, being the "Worlds Policemen"

Like usual.

Oh, and you can't forget about how as soon as this Civil War is over, we're going to get CHEAP OIL from Iraq.

Bet you $50.

None.

Sep 13 2007, 11:41 pm PwnPirate Post #66

American kids aren't necessarily stupid. There isn't any actual way to prove someone's intelligence, but if you were to compare using I.Q. tests, America is far from last. America is just notorious for having lower scores on academic tests, which could mean a number of things.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 12:32 am Dr. Shotgun Post #67

Quote from PwnPirate
American kids aren't necessarily stupid. There isn't any actual way to prove someone's intelligence, but if you were to compare using I.Q. tests, America is far from last. America is just notorious for having lower scores on academic tests, which could mean a number of things.

So they're not actually stupid, just poorly educated?

Agreed.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 12:44 am Sael Post #68

Maybe if our leader weren't an arrogant asshole, the rest of us would have a role model to go off of.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 4:26 pm Syphon Post #69

Quote from Dapperdan
That percentage is more like 5-15%, and that is probably stretching it just to appease you. At least in the state I live in (New Hampshire) that is, and I can say with relative positivity that it won't vary that much fron state to state.

The going rate in Michigan is 114%.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 6:39 pm JordanN Post #70

Quote from Centreri
You can't stop teenagers from making bad decision. It shouldn't be the education system's fault for people not listening to the advice.

Aha thats funny. A country where 1/5 of its people cant locate it on the map. At least when people stereotype canada they say its all the way up in the north but common america is like an easy country to spot.

Also a thing I don't understand about American troops in the middle east is how do they die so much? There fighting people who wear just a turban and pants and like a 100 Americans die in a week. And the American troops are like wearing bullet proof amour. Well at least you wont see a Jehovah's Witness killing either side.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 9:07 pm Golden-Fist Post #71

Quote from JordanN
Also a thing I don't understand about American troops in the middle east is how do they die so much? There fighting people who wear just a turban and pants and like a 100 Americans die in a week. And the American troops are like wearing bullet proof amour. Well at least you wont see a Jehovah's Witness killing either side.
Bombs.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 9:38 pm FatalException Post #72

Quote from Kellimus
We're the most obese nation in the world.. How is that a "far over-done generalization"?
Actually, according to the Guinness Book of World Records 2008, there's a country in Oceania with an obesity rate of over 70%. Just pointing that out.

I prefer Bermuda.

None.

Sep 17 2007, 1:31 am Centreri Post #73

You don't know anything about other countries. Assuming our teenagers our worse than anywhere else with apparently no base is ludicrous.
I've been to other countries - Russia, Denmark, Switzerland. Their education system is more effective. At the very least, I didn't see any graffiti in Switzerland or guys in baggy pants smoking something green. Russia.. I actually have a pretty biased statement from someone who lives there, but still... those parts that are facts, not opinions, indicate that the education system there is better.

Wanna-be gangsters was the exaggeration, not the % value. Unless your state is significantly more ordered than NY is, you're exaggerating. Outside of my school (only overachievers get in, I don't count them), every second teenager I see is dressed like a wannabe gangster. Baggy pants, weird cap..
I get this off the first point.

None.

Sep 17 2007, 2:50 am Golden-Fist Post #74

Quote from FatalException
Quote from Kellimus
Actually, according to the Guinness Book of World Records 2008, there's a country in Oceania with an obesity rate of over 70%. Just pointing that out.

I prefer Bermuda.
So if there's 10 people on the island and 7 of them are fat that's 70%

The thing with percentages is you have to take into account how many people are in one percentage.

None.

Sep 17 2007, 3:16 am PwnPirate Post #75

I've been to other countries - Russia, Denmark, Switzerland. Their education system is more effective. At the very least, I didn't see any graffiti in Switzerland or guys in baggy pants smoking something green. Russia.. I actually have a pretty biased statement from someone who lives there, but still... those parts that are facts, not opinions, indicate that the education system there is better.
Which facts?

None.

Sep 17 2007, 3:42 am Redhead Post #76

Yes actually, I do. If my mother's life and good will would be at stake with my birth, i'd want that bitch to "kill" me. But that's me. But yeah, I hope you die. I really do. Its retards like you that keep this country under the totalitarian dictatorship of the Bush Regime. So you're telling me, that because my girlfriend was rapped and can't afford ANOTHER child (she already has one), she's evil because she thought about the stability of her family? Fuck off, retard. And YES, I DO SEE CHRISTIANS KILLING PEOPLE: The United States Of America's CEO: George W. Bush. For your information, Catholisism is Christianity, fucking retard.[/quote]
Yeah, letting your mother know it would be alright to kill you would be different. And whats wrong with adoption? Personally, having to know I killed an innocent being just for my own relief would make me go crazy. And if you were dying, and you got an abortion, you might die anyways, but if you didn't, the baby, and you might live through it. If you got an abortion just to save yourself, that's sick. If you were in the middle of a catastrophe, and the only way to make it out would be to kill someone, would you? If you would than that's just like abortion. Just put the baby up for adoption! That way you don't have to see it, take care of it, or anything! That's a lot bettr than killing it. I'm sorry, but I'm bad at politics, but I do know that abortion is wrong. I know Catholicism, is Christianity. Oh, and who said the Bushes were dictators? They are PRESIDENTS, not dictators, they do not have full power over this country.

None.

Sep 17 2007, 3:46 am Redhead Post #77

[quote=Kellimus] But yeah, I hope you die. I really do.
I forgive you...

None.

Sep 17 2007, 5:51 am ClansAreForGays Post #78

Quote from Dapperdan
I think your actualy the exception, and the fact that you think YOU'RE the standard shows just how sheltered your view is. Maybe if you lived anywhere else You'd understand just how real of a problem this is. 90% is dead on.

Sep 17 2007, 12:04 pm JordanN Post #79

Quote from Golden-Fist
Bombs.

Might pointing out what you just said or was that spam?

None.

Sep 17 2007, 4:36 pm Doodan Post #80

He means that surprise bombings (like car bombs and suicide bombers) are deadly to the American troops, and much more so to Iraqi civilians. I don't know how the troop casualty rate fits into your "Americans are dumb" stereotype. Regardless of how you feel about the war itself, it's had one of the lowest American casualty rates compared to most other wars that the US has fought in.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 613 >
  Back to forum