Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Watch me play games/scream at people.
Watch me play games/scream at people.
Nov 30 2010, 1:05 am
By: IskatuMesk  

Dec 11 2010, 8:27 am IskatuMesk Post #21

Lord of the Locker Room

Nah... it just felt way too overdone. Like, it was trying too hard to scare you, what with the breathing and all.

Know what scares me? Those aids guys in Darksiders. Hate those guys, man. When they pop out my penis shrivels up into a little ball and rolls back into its shell.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Dec 11 2010, 3:02 pm OlimarandLouie Post #22

Quote from IskatuMesk
Nah... it just felt way too overdone. Like, it was trying too hard to scare you, what with the breathing and all.

Know what scares me? Those aids guys in Darksiders. Hate those guys, man. When they pop out my penis shrivels up into a little ball and rolls back into its shell.

Watch on 720p of course.

None.

Dec 11 2010, 10:52 pm IskatuMesk Post #23

Lord of the Locker Room

It kind of reminds me of Oblivion, except without all of the amazing user-made mods like the DMC animations and the gratuitous amounts of breast mods.

I fear my love for carnage and impatience would be horrible in a game like this just as it is horrible in MGS 3 where I continually die from infinite spawning guards.

I'm still not sure what the appeal of this game is supposed to be. It doesn't really look like anything better than, say, Doom 3. It's relying exclusively on shock factor and DARK DARK DARK to try to scare you constantly. It's better laid out than Doom 3 (which didn't even have muzzle flashes and thus missed out on the single greatest contributor to lighting design) but still misses the whole subtlety aspect that is what really embeds itself into people's heads. Every single "scary" point reaches its apex with generic zombie #69 punching down a door in three hits, which then proceeds to explode like the Source engine, and then a bunch of random shaders and stuff warping the camera about.

But I guess being a designer/writer of this kind of stuff I just have a hard time seeing things past that point.

It does make me curious if any good Oblivion levels have ever been made, though. Oblivion itself is very bland and boring but maybe someone's made a TOTAL CONVERSION I can play. Kind of like that one I played for titan quest?

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Dec 11 2010, 11:05 pm poison_us Post #24

Back* from the grave

Quote from OlimarandLouie

Watch on 720p of course.
Not too scary when listening to Waffles by Weebl. Oh, there we go, that's better. It's still not too scary. If only all monsters were stupid enough not to check a wardrobe... LMFAO the chain at 6:43 gave me a jump. Anyways, the monsters apparently aren't that bright, it seems like the game is more of a fight between your sanity and staying alive. BTW pro dodge at 7:18, but apparently "as fast as you are" means they're a little bit quicker. Getting chased apparently has the annoying ass buzz like the Vuvuzelas.

EDIT: Zycorax bought it, according to my Steam account. Any comments thus far?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 11 2010, 11:38 pm by poison_us.

Dec 12 2010, 11:30 am IskatuMesk Post #25

Lord of the Locker Room

As a schizophrenic I can tell you that insanity is definitely not random camera warps. Games never seem to get the whole "going crazy" part right.

Dec 12 2010, 5:04 pm poison_us Post #26

Back* from the grave

Ever play Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem? That might've been a little closer. It was for the GCN, had a sanity bar based on which character you were playing, and when it got low enough, you noticed. The room tilts at an angle that increases gradually as you lose sanity (slow enough not to really notice, but enough to notice when you restore sanity), the wall oozes blood, pictures in a mansion turn evil (a mountain lake turns into a cannibal camp with human skins stretched out like leather to dry), and random, creepy ass noises come around.

If it's almost zero, that's when the real fun begins. You lose health if your sanity tries to drop below 0, trying to cast magic can make your upper torso explode, entering rooms can have a huge wall of monsters on the other side, your TV volume can suddenly drop to 0 (this was the creepiest, imo), an error message saying your memory card has been erased can pop up (never got this one, though), and some other crap I forget.

Dec 12 2010, 6:06 pm IskatuMesk Post #27

Lord of the Locker Room

Something like that.

It's usually the subleties that freak you out. For starters, I've seen images of people turning to face me on the patterns of decorations on blankets.

Dec 12 2010, 6:52 pm poison_us Post #28

Back* from the grave

Nice. I agree on the subtleties part...there's a bust of what looks like Caesar that watches you the entire game, and he's really creepy the first time you notice it.

Dec 14 2010, 4:08 am IskatuMesk Post #29

Lord of the Locker Room

I got some wtf sc2 games coming up but almost out of reps, gonna continue Whiplash's pack in a bit after that.

if you want some PRO LEVEL analysis on your replays just let me know dawgzzz

Jan 4 2011, 8:59 am IskatuMesk Post #30

Lord of the Locker Room

Darksiders LP is completely uploaded. I attempted to get DMC3 started but ran into major technical issues that will likely prevent this game from ever being run at all. Waste of fucking money.

I'm moving ahead to Just Cause 2 soon.

SC2 replays include submissions from Velix/Ricky and maybe some Boxer reps if I can find some.

Mar 19 2011, 1:10 am IskatuMesk Post #31

Lord of the Locker Room

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, since I last updated I have uploaded three LP's, being Alien vs Predator 3, Bullestorm, and Magicka. I highly recommend all 3, but Magicka is probably the best for cast/flipout material, and Bulletstorm the best actual game (by far).

Of course, throw in the usual spattering of sc2 casts, such as First person VOD's of W&M games, and so on so forth.

I am also now accepting replay requests for Brood War.

I stopped casting SC2 replays all except for Requests and TL-specific replays denoted as funny or entertaining. As I get maybe one request every month at the most, this means SC2 casts are almost non-existent now. I have a few left to catch up on and upload before I begin uploading my next LP, though. Chances are I am going to start uploading Killzone 2, which I recorded weeks ago and am now in the process of editing.

On the horizon are Black Sun dev logs, Coffee Hour 5, XXE 3, and others.

Mar 21 2011, 10:03 am IskatuMesk Post #32

Lord of the Locker Room

lol I finished killzone 3 in like, one sitting.

Time to encode all this BULLSHIT and figure out what's going to go up first.

On Black Sun dev logs, what do you want to hear about most?

- The writing/universe itself?
- The Game Elements Concept (my game design)?
- The work behind the scenes and challenges therein?
- Conceptual design stuff for future ideas?

Mar 21 2011, 10:35 am Jack Post #33

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Options 2 and 3, especially 3.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 22 2011, 2:52 am EzDay281 Post #34

Magicka, you say?
My attention is had.

None.

Mar 22 2011, 5:55 pm IskatuMesk Post #35

Lord of the Locker Room

Black Sun Dev Log 1 - 2 hours/1gb, x264/1080p - http://www.gameproc.com/meskstuff/GMesk_BlackSunDev1-REMICKS.mkv

Mar 24 2011, 7:15 pm Dem0n Post #36

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

How'd you get a 2-hour long video in 1080p to only be 1 gb? :O

Mar 29 2011, 10:39 pm IskatuMesk Post #37

Lord of the Locker Room

x264 ;)

Also if anyone has any feedback on that dev log... it would be appreciated.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 29 2011, 10:57 pm by IskatuMesk.

Apr 4 2011, 5:05 pm ImagoDeo Post #38

Any news about the harder version of the campaign you've been workin' on?

None.

Apr 4 2011, 9:04 pm IskatuMesk Post #39

Lord of the Locker Room

Harder version of... the... campaign...? wut?

Apr 12 2011, 11:06 am IskatuMesk Post #40

Lord of the Locker Room

XXE 3 yay

Options
  Back to forum