Nov 22 2007, 1:05 am
By: MrrLL
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Dec 2 2007, 6:37 am frazz Post #21

Gym Class From Hell

None.

Dec 2 2007, 8:20 pm Centreri Post #22

Relatively ancient and inactive

It wouldn't really be good for anything. At the velocity it'll be spinning (What, the entire circumference of the earth per 24 hours?) and the heat that will cause, not to mention the air currents it willl affect... it's just a fun idea. It's not in any way helpful. Plus, it'll increase planes knocked down per year. And decrease duck population.

None.

Dec 2 2007, 9:36 pm frazz Post #23

Centreri, do you EVER read topics before you post in them?

None.

Dec 2 2007, 9:50 pm Centreri Post #24

Rarely. I find it's no fun. Yes, I know DTBK said the side of the moon always faces us. Yes? And?

A rope isn't a moon. A moon variates slightly in orbit due to asteroids and the like. Every little bit moves it a tiny bit. What effect do you think that'll have on the rope? What, or were you referring to the circumference? Even if it stays in same relative position, the moon still travels the distance around the earth.

Any other objections?

None.

Dec 2 2007, 10:15 pm Syphon Post #25

Quote from NerdyTerdy
Lmao at the moon-rope. Assuming this was successful, what would you use it for? Just swinging around? What would happen if you got a space suit (couldn't think of a more eloquent term) and climbed the rope to the moon? Sorry if the answer is really obvious, I really know nothing of this stuff.

You'd never exit the atmosphere.

None.

Dec 2 2007, 10:54 pm frazz Post #26

Quote from Centreri
Rarely. I find it's no fun. Yes, I know DTBK said the side of the moon always faces us. Yes? And?

A rope isn't a moon. A moon variates slightly in orbit due to asteroids and the like. Every little bit moves it a tiny bit. What effect do you think that'll have on the rope? What, or were you referring to the circumference? Even if it stays in same relative position, the moon still travels the distance around the earth.

Any other objections?
Actually, I was just trying to point that everything you've said so far has been said at least twice. Same applies to the topic I made that you helped destroy.
I thought this forum was supposed to be semi-serious. People like you tend to ruin topics. I left the other one because you and several other people were saying stupid things that had already been said and defeated. It just kind of puts a bad taste on most topics in this forum.

None.

Dec 3 2007, 2:09 am Centreri Post #27

A serious topic? About a rope hanging from the moon and almost touching earth? Really?

How the heck would that rope escape the moon's gravity?

None.

Dec 3 2007, 2:39 am frazz Post #28

Read the first page.

None.

Dec 3 2007, 3:01 am Ultraviolet Post #29

Quote from Centreri
A serious topic? About a rope hanging from the moon and almost touching earth? Really?

How the heck would that rope escape the moon's gravity?

Once it was pulled to Earth would the gravity from Earth not hold it there?

Dec 3 2007, 4:38 am frazz Post #30

Oh, one more piece of advice Centreri. Think about something before you post nonsensical junk.
I can't even get what you're saying.

None.

Dec 3 2007, 5:35 am AntiSleep Post #31

Quote from frazz
Think about something before you post nonsensical junk.
That just goes for you too, and anyone that thinks this is a good idea.

None.

Dec 5 2007, 2:21 am Ckol Post #32

Similar concept: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator

None.

Dec 5 2007, 2:38 am Centreri Post #33

Once it was pulled to Earth would the gravity from Earth not hold it there?
Yeah.. make a rope long and strong enough to reach the earth escape the moon's gravity. All I'm saying that this isn't exactly a serious topic: 'Just one of the nonsensical daydreams...'

Also, Frazz - All you have said is that I haven't read the topic, without providing an explanation for what I have missed. However, I will ignore any posts of yours in this topic from this point on. I just really didn't want to be the first to resort to PM's :P.

Look at it this way, people: The rope would be highly destructive due to its weight, destroying everything in a wide radius of it's initial earthside position due to irregularities in orbit such as minor moon-side earthquakes or tiny meteors. All of that would effect the rope. I'm not sure about the regularity of these irregularities, which would in actuality determine the speed of the rope's swaying. Also keep in mind that the rope would rather tear out a chunk of the moon then stay attatched - you'll need to drill into the moon's surface. And, of course, the rope is subject to the same irregularities that moon is subject to, causing it to at LEAST fray, presumable fall toward earth, cause damage proportional to the length of the piece falling toward earth. It WOULD be interesting to see what imprint the superheated rope would cause when it hits the ground. Ah... good enough, Frazz?

None.

Dec 5 2007, 3:57 am frazz Post #34

I don't PM about arguments, Centreri. I find it annoying and stupid when people do so to me.

And for the last time, I'm not even arguing with you!!! I don't disagree with your points, though I might if I read them. Yes, I HAVE been saying that you haven't read the topic, because your points have been for the most part non-contributing to the topic. Nearly all of them have already been gone over.

The thing is, it's annoying when people like you do that sort of thing. I feel like it ruined my topic on inter-planetary travel. Not just you, a number of people did that.

None.

Dec 7 2007, 5:36 pm BeDazed Post #35

The thing is, it's annoying when people like you do that sort of thing. I feel like it ruined my topic on inter-planetary travel. Not just you, a number of people did that.
No, its you.

Look at it this way, people: The rope would be highly destructive due to its weight, destroying everything in a wide radius of it's initial earthside position due to irregularities in orbit such as minor moon-side earthquakes or tiny meteors. All of that would effect the rope. I'm not sure about the regularity of these irregularities, which would in actuality determine the speed of the rope's swaying. Also keep in mind that the rope would rather tear out a chunk of the moon then stay attatched - you'll need to drill into the moon's surface. And, of course, the rope is subject to the same irregularities that moon is subject to, causing it to at LEAST fray, presumable fall toward earth, cause damage proportional to the length of the piece falling toward earth. It WOULD be interesting to see what imprint the superheated rope would cause when it hits the ground. Ah... good enough, Frazz?
This isn't actually serious. And we're first implying that this rope has no weight.

None.

Dec 8 2007, 1:42 am frazz Post #36

No, its you.

This is entirely useless. If you were able to comprehend my post, you'd realize that you're basically saying that I didn't read my topic. I did.

Unless you just meant that I'm ruining the topic.

None.

Dec 8 2007, 3:58 pm BeDazed Post #37

Well I can state the reasons here if you wish, but there are 2 major ones.
1) You repeat what you said, only in a different manner.
2) You do not continue your argument, only in a repeating question.
( Of that, you were asking for my point- where as you should just guess what my point was. I don't have to explain it out to you if you have no idea. )
That ruins topic. It does, and works 100%.

None.

Dec 8 2007, 7:14 pm frazz Post #38

1) You repeat what you said, only in a different manner.
2) You do not continue your argument, only in a repeating question.
I repeated my same arguments because people were presenting the exact same points from earlier. Some people are apparently incapable of reading anything but the first page. That's why I left the topic in question.

None.

Jan 11 2008, 3:32 am GuN_Solar90 Post #39

Interesting. And what military purposes would this rope serve?

None.

Jan 11 2008, 3:35 am Ultraviolet Post #40

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Interesting. And what military purposes would this rope serve?

None, it was just a fun idea, thought up while spacing out (I think).

This topic is old.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum