Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Starcraft 2 Campaign discussion
Starcraft 2 Campaign discussion
Jul 29 2010, 12:19 am
By: Lanthanide
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >

Jul 30 2010, 7:47 pm arkla Post #21

Quote from PearS
also a side note...in this campaign raynor talked with all his buddies and got zerg and toss upgrades. The second game is zerg i think so how will you talk to people...they are aliens and they dont talk....well except cerebrates and the overmind. and now that kerrigan is gone who will lead the zerg in their campaign. Also will the zerg get terran and protoss upgrades?
i have read somewhere that the zerg and protoss games will run as an rpg and diplomatic game, respectively
how the zerg one will differ from the terran, i'm not sure, since WoL was half-rpg anyway, with the money system, while the protoss one will be set around tribal diplomacy

as for what happens with kerrigan un-infested[partially?- she still has the hair]

my bet is that kerrigan, though human, still has control of the zergies, and we play as her in HotS

None.

Jul 30 2010, 7:58 pm Vrael Post #22

I'm having a tough time beating it on brutal. I haven't played any of the other difficulties yet lol.

None.

Jul 30 2010, 8:59 pm arkla Post #23

normal was pretty much a cakewalk, compared to the original games'

i'm thinking hard is probably the equivalent of SC1's normal

None.

Jul 30 2010, 10:32 pm Lanthanide Post #24

I've just restarted the campaign on Hard, and it is significantly harder than Normal, more than I was expecting. But it's not too unbeatably hard and feels more like SC1, although the early levels of SC1 were quite easy (first 'hard' one was probably lvl 6, New Gettysberg with Kerrigan). Getting some of the achievements will be a bit of a stretch, though.

None.

Jul 31 2010, 8:10 am Vrael Post #25

I'm stuck on the mission "IN UTTER DESTRUCTION" or whatever, the one where you have to survive the Zerg waves, get 2500 kills, protect the archive for 20 minutes, ect.

None.

Jul 31 2010, 8:22 am Sand Wraith Post #26

she/her

It'd help if you provided more details like difficulty and current strategy.

IMO, best way is to bunker up 1 Maur, 1 Med, 3 Mar's to a single Bunker (hurr), with multiple Missile Turrets and Siege Tanks around (2-3 of each, more on harder difficulties). I was playing on Normal with 2 Bunkers to each main path, two bunkers flanking the northern path on the cliffs, and 1 flanking the western path on the cliff. Each Bunker itself was flanked by at least 1 Siege Tank, 1-2 SCVs, and a Missile Turret. Furthermore, I had a Zerg Hive Mind thingie around each grouping of Bunkers, which I used to take control of primarily Ultralisks (Hydras and Mutas worked too when the going got tough).

In addition, I had 1 group made up of almost purely Merc Banshees and Vikings, and 1 group made up of the other Mercs + Medics and SCVs. First group, the aerial strike force, would sweep around the map cleaning up Nyduses, while the second cleaned up any worms the popped in my own base, and to handle Kerrigan with.

Jul 31 2010, 9:57 am Lanthanide Post #27

The one he's talking about is the final Protoss level, so all your terran strats are worthless.

I found in this level (in Normal) that I had very limited minerals - there is a base to the north that you can build, but I wouldn't fancy trying to defend it.

If you survive long enough, more heroes arrive with more units. Really you need to stick it out until the void rays arrive, after that it gets quite a bit easier. Then for units that I built, mainly void rays, archons and dark templar. The attack forces often don't bring detectors with them, so dark templar can help there. Archons are obviously gas-heavy and mineral light and work quite well against the zerg units. Keep a bunch of void rays at each entrance, hotkeyed, and whenever an attack is incoming, quickly get the void rays to hit the hybrids. If you're good at micro, the phoenix anti-grav spell might be useful, but I'm generally not fast enough to do it well. I got 6 gateways, with the warp-in feature really helping when you get in a pinch. The level was sort of difficult on Normal, so I think on Hard or Brutal it'll be quite nasty.

None.

Jul 31 2010, 10:03 am DevliN Post #28

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

So I was going over my Achievements today and didn't realize I skipped 4 of the 5 Zeratul missions. Here's the kicker, I can't access them without going back on the ship. That means that since I've already beaten the game, I have to start from the beginning to get them again. Yay!

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 31 2010, 11:06 am Ahli Post #29

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from DevliN
So I was going over my Achievements today and didn't realize I skipped 4 of the 5 Zeratul missions. Here's the kicker, I can't access them without going back on the ship. That means that since I've already beaten the game, I have to start from the beginning to get them again. Yay!
Like I missed the secret mission (you need to find something on Korhal when u are there. I don't wan tto spoil to much).

Jul 31 2010, 11:23 am Lanthanide Post #30

Quote from DevliN
Yes, hence this thread: http://www.staredit.net/topic/11913/

None.

Jul 31 2010, 1:18 pm arkla Post #31

i found the phoenix's anti grav pretty easy to use, just select all the phoenixes[or control group them] click the ability, shift-click the hybrids, then let the smart casting do it's job

None.

Aug 1 2010, 4:22 am Sand Wraith Post #32

she/her

I don't get how people find the campaign story "engaging" and "interesting" and whatever. The whole time I was playing through it, my thoughts were along the lines of "Wow, I definitely didn't see that coming /sarcasm," "What kind of stupid reference was that," "How much more cheese can you put in a single scene," and "What an obvious and terrible deus ex machina."

If anyone actually found the story enjoyable, please explain why it's so great, because it seems to be utter trash. Almost at the level of Twilight, I would dare say. Random shit just coming in at random times with random explanations; a bucket-load of "let's do this next."

Aug 1 2010, 5:30 am Vrael Post #33

Quote from Lanthanide
The one he's talking about is the final Protoss level, so all your terran strats are worthless.

I found in this level (in Normal) that I had very limited minerals - there is a base to the north that you can build, but I wouldn't fancy trying to defend it.

If you survive long enough, more heroes arrive with more units. Really you need to stick it out until the void rays arrive, after that it gets quite a bit easier. Then for units that I built, mainly void rays, archons and dark templar. The attack forces often don't bring detectors with them, so dark templar can help there. Archons are obviously gas-heavy and mineral light and work quite well against the zerg units. Keep a bunch of void rays at each entrance, hotkeyed, and whenever an attack is incoming, quickly get the void rays to hit the hybrids. If you're good at micro, the phoenix anti-grav spell might be useful, but I'm generally not fast enough to do it well. I got 6 gateways, with the warp-in feature really helping when you get in a pinch. The level was sort of difficult on Normal, so I think on Hard or Brutal it'll be quite nasty.
Today I beat it first try. I don't know why it was so hard last night, today I got the 2500 kills and was like "... really?" What I did, was basically spammed Collosi, Dark Temps, and made photon cannons to block off the archive and block the Collosi from taking damage. I also didnt realize that the Pheonix had an anti grav ability, so I started using that too. Ended up making it to 3200 kills. I think it was because I upgraded weapons/armor/shield a lot more. Also, there are actually a LOT of minerals in the main base, but I could use another geyser.

As for the storyline, the stuff with Raynor vs. Mengsk is pretty tame, but the Zeratul thing I think is pretty cool. The whole going off to find answers for the future, and Tassadar being all like "I have come to tell you of the bravery of this creature" and stuff. The ominous Xel Naga Fallen One hanging over your head the whole time during the mission. But I agree that there isnt much good story in the majority of the terran missions.

None.

Aug 1 2010, 5:33 am Lanthanide Post #34

I didn't really build any extra probes, so I guess that explains my mineral shortage. I shall shortly be attempting this on Hard difficulty, so that'll help I'm sure.

None.

Aug 1 2010, 4:30 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #35

Just here for the activity... well not really

The campaign had no mention of the old Terran factions, like the UED, Umojans, or Kel-Morians. This is the terran campaign, not the Findley campaign.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Aug 1 2010, 5:07 pm Syphon Post #36

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
The campaign had no mention of the old Terran factions, like the UED, Umojans, or Kel-Morians. This is the terran campaign, not the Findley campaign.

They mentioned the Sons of Korhal.

None.

Aug 1 2010, 5:52 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #37

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from Syphon
Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin

They mentioned the Sons of Korhal.
The SoK don't even exist anymore. (what I meant was, factions from SC1 that survived to SC2 besides Dominion and Raiders)

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Aug 1 2010, 6:43 pm Syphon Post #38

The UED doesn't survive Broodwar (At least all their ships in the Koprulu sector are wiped out), and I assume they don't mention the others because they just don't go to Moria or Umoja.

None.

Aug 1 2010, 7:00 pm Sand Wraith Post #39

she/her

I thought the characters mentioned the Kel-Morian combine on the first[?] mission with Tosh; the mission in which you have to mine a large load of minerals. I'm pretty sure Tosh says something about the combine abandoning the place. Maybe. I don't recall exactly.

Aug 1 2010, 7:21 pm NudeRaider Post #40

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I'm in the middle of the campaign on hard and got a little question: I'd like to lower the game speed but I don't see how. Help?
I see hotkeys for it in the options but they are not defined and I can't change them. Just change profile, which does virtually nothing either? WTF?

Don't worry I have plenty of my own thoughts about the campaign to share but I want to wait until I finished it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 2 2010, 1:36 am by NudeRaider.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >
  Back to forum