Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: League of Legends
League of Legends
May 25 2010, 6:33 am
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 « 71 72 73 74 75127 >

Mar 2 2011, 5:40 pm ShadowFlare Post #1441

Quote from ThedarKOne
I typically run Ghost and Exhaust on him, and I have pure magic pen runes with mana regen/lvl seals. I typically rape with him unless I'm going against a massive tank team, and even then I get some damage out there. I'll play around with the Lich bane thing though. I mostly like the Manamune for pushing towers.

If you have a lot more AP than your bonus damage, then your bonus damage does not increase your damage to towers. To your base damage, it either adds your bonus damage or a certain percent of your AP (something like 30% or 40%, but I don't remember the exact number) when attacking towers, whichever is greater.

None.

Mar 2 2011, 5:53 pm DevliN Post #1442

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I use Lich Bane on every AP champ I play mostly for towers. I was in a game as Karthus a couple nights ago, and with something like 600 AP and a Lich Bane, I was hitting towers for about 800 every 2 seconds (or whatever the Lich Bane CD is). I don't think I've ever used a Manamune over a Lich Bane, but I guess it also depends on how low the CDs are for your abilities.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 2 2011, 5:54 pm poison_us Post #1443

Back* from the grave

Quote from ShadowFlare
If you have a lot more AP than your bonus damage, then your bonus damage does not increase your damage to towers. To your base damage, it either adds your bonus damage or a certain percent of your AP (something like 30% or 40%, but I don't remember the exact number) when attacking towers, whichever is greater.
It does damage based off of 100% of your attack or 40% of your AP, then applies the tower's resistances. It does not add the AP to damage, it's either one or the other.

Mar 2 2011, 6:01 pm ShadowFlare Post #1444

It's been a while since I had seen it; I didn't remember exactly what it said. I might be confusing it with some ability.

None.

Mar 2 2011, 6:07 pm ShadowFlare Post #1445

Ah, found it:

Champions will now use the higher of their bonus attack damage or 40% of their ability power when dealing bonus damage to towers

Or was that changed by a later patch?

edit:

Just looked at all newer patch notes than that - unchanged.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 2 2011, 6:13 pm by ShadowFlare.

None.

Mar 2 2011, 6:13 pm poison_us Post #1446

Back* from the grave

Quote from ShadowFlare
Ah, found it:

Champions will now use the higher of their bonus attack damage or 40% of their ability power when dealing bonus damage to towers

Or was that changed by a later patch?
So it adds the greater between those two of 40% AP and bonus damage to your base damage. My bad, I thought that it was 40% AP or 100% total attack damage.

Mar 2 2011, 6:15 pm ShadowFlare Post #1447

So if your AP is at least 2.5 times your bonus damage, your bonus damage is not counting toward your damage to turrets. I'm not sure whether this does or does not apply to inhibitors or the nexus. I think it might not. If you are using a lich bane, I'm not sure how that factors in.

None.

Mar 2 2011, 6:22 pm poison_us Post #1448

Back* from the grave

Quote from ShadowFlare
So if your AP is at least 2.5 times your bonus damage, your bonus damage is not counting toward your damage to turrets. I'm not sure whether this does or does not apply to inhibitors or the nexus. I think it might not. If you are using a lich bane, I'm not sure how that factors in.
Lich Bane adds %AP to your next attack. I don't think it matters if the tower is taking it off of AP or AD. In fact, it may be like Shen's passive in that it does his regular damage, then adds the magic damage later for the separate resistance offered by the tower.

Mar 2 2011, 10:21 pm OlimarandLouie Post #1449

Lich Bane + 800 AP = 1/6 of Turret HP gone.

None.

Mar 3 2011, 6:13 pm ThedarKOne Post #1450

Ryze's CD's are ridiculously low, so the Manamune allows him to get the 1000 stacks for mana very quick (4 minutes if you cast and attack constantly, this includes the CD for the effect). I typically don't have more than like 50-75 AP as Ryze now in any game, unless I decide to build an Archangel as my last item. I'm gonna try the Lich Bane the next time I play him.

On a side note I had a Shen in one game tell me my build was crap, and then at the end of the game was like "Oh damn, you hit kinda hard with that Manamune" LOL I went 17/2 that game btw. Love the new Ryze :)

None.

Mar 3 2011, 6:20 pm LoveLess Post #1451

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from ThedarKOne
Ryze's CD's are ridiculously low, so the Manamune allows him to get the 1000 stacks for mana very quick (4 minutes if you cast and attack constantly, this includes the CD for the effect). I typically don't have more than like 50-75 AP as Ryze now in any game, unless I decide to build an Archangel as my last item. I'm gonna try the Lich Bane the next time I play him.

On a side note I had a Shen in one game tell me my build was crap, and then at the end of the game was like "Oh damn, you hit kinda hard with that Manamune" LOL I went 17/2 that game btw. Love the new Ryze :)
To be honest, I agree with you and have done it in a few games. I prefer stacking my Mana and Defense first though, Frozen Heart and Rod of Ages are great. I rarely even upgrade my Tear.

None.

Mar 3 2011, 9:59 pm ShadowFlare Post #1452

At that level of AP, I suppose it would indeed be giving you bonus damage to towers, since it would be giving you more bonus damage than 40% of your AP.

None.

Mar 3 2011, 10:14 pm ThedarKOne Post #1453

Quote from LoveLess
Quote from ThedarKOne

To be honest, I agree with you and have done it in a few games. I prefer stacking my Mana and Defense first though, Frozen Heart and Rod of Ages are great. I rarely even upgrade my Tear.

Sometimes I do get Frozen Heart and Banshee's first, but typically I rush Manamune and just hang in the back of team fights and rape without getting touched.

Quote from ShadowFlare
At that level of AP, I suppose it would indeed be giving you bonus damage to towers, since it would be giving you more bonus damage than 40% of your AP.

Mhm, makes pushing towers so much easier with Ryze. I've had a few games where I had more damage on my auto attacks than our carries. :( how sad is that?

None.

Mar 3 2011, 10:26 pm DevliN Post #1454

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I think I'm missing something, but I still don't quite get how Manamune would be better than Lich Bane. Say you have 4000 mana and a Manamune, that just increases your damage by 80. If you have any AP over 80 and a Lich Bane, your damage will be increased by 80+ every 2 seconds (if you have quick enough abilities to activate every 2 seconds). With an extra 1000 mana, your damage only goes up by another 20 whereas another 80 AP will bring you another 80 damage. What am I missing?

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 3 2011, 10:28 pm poison_us Post #1455

Back* from the grave

Ryze has a normal attack speed of 1.523 per second, and none of his abilities scale off of AP (it's all AD), so he will do phenomenally better with Manamune.[/sarcasm]

Mar 3 2011, 10:33 pm DevliN Post #1456

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

AP still affects his abilities, just at a lower amount than before, and as far as I can tell, his base attack speed is half of that.

EDIT:
And I do understand the importance of mana to Ryze, but the idea of an AD Ryze is still new to me. So is that a common thing now?

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 3 2011, 10:40 pm poison_us Post #1457

Back* from the grave

Yeah, it's for the AD on towers and the burst on champs. It's probably a good build, but it's still pretty bad compared to what he could do. Also:

Quote from poison_us
Code
[color=#598D2B]Ryze has a normal attack speed of 1.523 per second, and none of his abilities scale off of AP (it's all AD), so he will do phenomenally better with Manamune.[color=transparent][/sarcasm][/color][/color]

Mar 3 2011, 11:01 pm DevliN Post #1458

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I didn't see "(Its all AD)" when you posted that. :sly:

If it's more about attacking towers and burst on heroes, though, then Lich Bane seems waaaaaaay more powerful to me. You could easily take out 1/5 of a tower's health every 2 seconds with enough AP, or after one hit with a spell, shoot an attack on an enemy champ and hit them for a crapton of damage. :/

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 4 2011, 12:39 am Bar Refaeli Post #1459

Quote from poison_us
Ryze has a normal attack speed of 1.523 per second, and none of his abilities scale off of AP (it's all AD), so he will do phenomenally better with Manamune.[/sarcasm]
Ryze is possibly the best ranged carry in the game. He is a ranged carry with a stun. Probably the most OP champ in the game atm. Have you seen LoL forums? "OMFG THE NEW RYZE IS OP AS SHIT." It's fucking gay how fucking well he does when he stomps. If I ever quit LoL its gonna be cause this new Ryze is the most OP shit ever. 2 ranged attacks I'm dead. Can't do shit. I run up to him. I get stunned. I run from behind him. I get stunned. I jump down from the trees. I get stunned. Why the fuck would riot give a ranged carry a FREAKING STUN/HOLD?!

None.

Mar 4 2011, 2:18 am poison_us Post #1460

Back* from the grave

:wut:

Options
Pages: < 1 « 71 72 73 74 75127 >
  Back to forum