Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: League of Legends
League of Legends
May 25 2010, 6:33 am
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 10127 >

Jul 23 2010, 5:05 am Echo Post #141

So when are we going to make an arranged team with team speak?!

None.

Jul 23 2010, 5:15 am DevliN Post #142

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, Katarina kicks ass early but she can be easily destroyed without help or minions to teleport to.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 23 2010, 5:03 pm poison_us Post #143

Back* from the grave

I've bought mundo, and using him is extremely lulzy. His cleaver is great early for lane control domination. He takes HUGE amounts of damage, but regenerates it back so fast it's crazy. If he lives. Hard to get used to that after playing as Nasus because Nasus has lots of resistance and HP, not regen. Oh well.

I see lingie and DM on at roughly midnight every night, and I would play with them but I can't seem to ever find them before they go into a game :(

Jul 23 2010, 9:01 pm Riney Post #144

Thigh high affectionado

Teamspeak 3: Lingie.DynDNS.org Port: 9987

Get on, we plai.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jul 23 2010, 9:06 pm OlimarandLouie Post #145

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Teamspeak 3: Lingie.DynDNS.org Port: 9987

Get on, we plai.
I'd be happy to, if I could either
A: Convince my parents to let me buy a mic,
or B: Figure out how to hook up my Xbox 360 controller and use it's mic.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 2:12 am Riney Post #146

Thigh high affectionado

Is it a controller based XBox controller or wireless?

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jul 24 2010, 3:17 am OlimarandLouie Post #147

Does not compute.

It is wireless.

I have installed Microsoft's software for the thingy, it says I need to have some special xbox 360 controller-to-PC wireless receiver.

On another note, I don't understand why in almost every ranked game I play, people ban 4 of these 6 heroes: Shen, Shaco, Heimerdinger, Soraka, Taric, Xin how-ever-its-spelt. They can be easily countered... and some aren't even OP.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 6:03 am poison_us Post #148

Back* from the grave

Quote from OlimarandLouie
On another note, I don't understand why in almost every ranked game I play, people ban 4 of these 6 heroes: Shen, Shaco, Heimerdinger, Soraka, Taric, Xin how-ever-its-spelt. They can be easily countered... and some aren't even OP.
Xin can be massively overpowered, if the player plays right. All heals are hated, in general. Shen's taunt+anti-damage buff, when combined with a thornmail, can do massive damage and change *most* teamfights. Heimer is a pain to mid against. Shaco is ridiculous if he's not targeted/stunned in a teamfight, and most people don't feel like working with the team to do so.

I just got done having my teamspeak + LoL cherry popped. It was amazingly funny. I was twitch, Lingie was Soraka, and there were two of his friends we teamed with. The pub wasn't that bad, considering he was Cho'gath and by the end of the game never had the full 6 stacks. And I got massively fed. Going mid against a Cho' isn't hard, but there really aren't any opportunities to kill him unless he's stupid. I got a quadra-kill, and, of our team's kills, I got all but maybe 7 or 8, and I had 4 assists.
Lulz include: stalking a Karthus for ~20 seconds, waiting for him to get far enough from the turret that I didn't get hit, and promptly raping him with help from Lingie. I argued that all kills were mine, regardless of the location, HP remaining, and enemies around, and bitching when someone got a kill, because it was mine ;)
Sadness includes: even after I got the quadra kill, full 40 stacks of Bloodthirster, Leviathon, and Sword of the Occult, they still didn't buy an Elixir. I even told them that an Elixir helps even before I had the Bloodthirster. Then we proceeded to talk about how these are the kinds of people that rage on the forum that Twitch is OP.

I'm looking forward to teaming up with the dark brothers tomorrow, if I don't go to my girlfriend's :shifty:

Jul 24 2010, 7:17 am Riney Post #149

Thigh high affectionado

Does not compute.

It is wireless.

I have installed Microsoft's software for the thingy, it says I need to have some special xbox 360 controller-to-PC wireless receiver.

Costs 50$. Your better off getting a cable which would probably cover the price of a microphone.

Shen has one of the two map wide teleports which allows him to turn any gank into a cluster fuck. Also one of the only two taunts as well. This hero should ALWAYS be removed from play unless you have first pick and you wish to chose him. His vorpal blade makes laning against him hard, his ultimate only makes ganking harder and allows him to carry, hes a fucking tank with a passive that adds more damage based off how tank he is, his taunt provides both catching up to others, escaping ganks, and ruining fights to his favor, and his tank skill which takes skill, well doesnt. Button spamming seams to get the job done.

Shacko cloaks, thats about it. Rather retarded ban pick, Eve and Twitch are much better options if you wish to waste a ban on a cloaker.

Heimerdinger's grenade hurts turrets, and when he solos he generally gets the job done fast. Pretty easy to counter with a ranged hero that can handle creeps such as sivir

Soraka has heal, map wide heal, and can help others hurt like a bitch. Good idea to ban, all they do is make laning hell.

Taric is a tank with a heal AND a stun, need I say more? Hes not the greatest idea for a ban pick as he can die pretty easily and with no speed or real escape manuver he will probably die in most ganks.

Xinny is a over powered imba prick who was just released and Riot thought (as most companies do because OP = MONEY) that letting the people test him before he was properly balanced so that they might get valuable data on how to do it correctly. (Or as we call it, letting the people take care of what they get paid to do) In other words, you probably should just ban this fucker until he gets a nerf.

tl;dr

Ban Shen Xin and or Soraka, or others will use them to exploit an advantage that turns out to be a real prick.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jul 24 2010, 4:10 pm LoveLess Post #150

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Does not compute.

It is wireless.

Costs 50$. Your better off getting a cable which would probably cover the price of a microphone.

Shen has one of the two map wide teleports which allows him to turn any gank into a cluster fuck. Also one of the only two taunts as well. This hero should ALWAYS be removed from play unless you have first pick and you wish to chose him. His vorpal blade makes laning against him hard, his ultimate only makes ganking harder and allows him to carry, hes a fucking tank with a passive that adds more damage based off how tank he is, his taunt provides both catching up to others, escaping ganks, and ruining fights to his favor, and his tank skill which takes skill, well doesnt. Button spamming seams to get the job done.

Shacko cloaks, thats about it. Rather retarded ban pick, Eve and Twitch are much better options if you wish to waste a ban on a cloaker.

Heimerdinger's grenade hurts turrets, and when he solos he generally gets the job done fast. Pretty easy to counter with a ranged hero that can handle creeps such as sivir

Soraka has heal, map wide heal, and can help others hurt like a bitch. Good idea to ban, all they do is make laning hell.

Taric is a tank with a heal AND a stun, need I say more? Hes not the greatest idea for a ban pick as he can die pretty easily and with no speed or real escape manuver he will probably die in most ganks.

Xinny is a over powered imba prick who was just released and Riot thought (as most companies do because OP = MONEY) that letting the people test him before he was properly balanced so that they might get valuable data on how to do it correctly. (Or as we call it, letting the people take care of what they get paid to do) In other words, you probably should just ban this fucker until he gets a nerf.

tl;dr

Ban Shen Xin and or Soraka, or others will use them to exploit an advantage that turns out to be a real prick.
Shaco is actually one of the much higher DPS heroes in the game. His criticals stack from cloak and those cast-a-spell-and-attack-once-for-more-damage items. His attacks slow and he has a high damage slow as well. He can reveal invis heroes or ruin ganks with his traps, then his image has EVERY buff he does, just has his attack cut in half-ish and takes more damage. Not to mention, when he ults, he is invulnerable/unattackable for 1 second. His cloak is ALSO a teleport. Not to mention his attacks are increased in damage when he attacks from behind... By a lot.

If you couldn't guess, Shaco is one of my two most played, Akali coming in second. He rapes faces.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 24 2010, 4:16 pm by LoveLess.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 4:25 pm Vi3t-X Post #151

Something about LoL's cartoonish graphics is repulsive to me.

Also, I'm not quite sure why companies don't learn to create an ergonomical and minimalistic UI for their playing environments.

Sorry DM, not playing. :P

None.

Jul 24 2010, 10:50 pm poison_us Post #152

Back* from the grave

Quote from Vi3t-X
Also, I'm not quite sure why companies don't learn to create an ergonomical and minimalistic UI for their playing environments.
Because that's too beneficial to the user. HoN has a small black border on the bottom that becomes evident with several mods. If LoL was to change their interface, they'd have to hide crap like that too, or actually do something novel and clean it up. It would also mean a lot more work for the graphics to look better, and since LoL is free to play, why would they bother?

Jul 26 2010, 3:07 am DevliN Post #153

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I bought Xin and Cho'gal. Now I see why everyone says Xin is super OP, it's insane. And Cho is fun, but I'm still not used to tank-playing.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 26 2010, 10:03 pm Riney Post #154

Thigh high affectionado

Devlin quick, gimme a pair of name changes.

I got this >;O

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jul 28 2010, 10:59 pm poison_us Post #155

Back* from the grave

You aint got this.
GALACTIC NASUS IS HERE!

Jul 29 2010, 4:49 am Generalpie Post #156

Staredit Puckwork

Bah... now im gonna try it...
Name is Generalpie
lol my name is sooooooooo original
[/cave in]

None.

Jul 29 2010, 4:42 pm Riney Post #157

Thigh high affectionado

Too bad its me Scout

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jul 30 2010, 1:37 am poison_us Post #158

Back* from the grave

Yo DM, I don't like this recent obsession with NoTD: Aftermath or whatever. GTFin LoL!

Jul 30 2010, 4:17 pm Bar Refaeli Post #159

Epic carry game as xin went 21/2/3

None.

Jul 30 2010, 5:16 pm Riney Post #160

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:Nasus
Yo DM, I don't like this recent obsession with NoTD: Aftermath or whatever. GTFin LoL!

But but I was getting inspiration for me and my brothers epic return to mapping by making the best Zombie map EVAR.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 10127 >
  Back to forum