Io-
Apr 1 2010, 4:01 pm
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 9 >

Apr 23 2010, 3:32 pm CecilSunkure Post #121

Quote from Kaias
We've made a decision to do non-regenerating roots killable individually and do the percent damage reduction mechanic for armor.
Very good choice, I approve :D

You probably don't want gameplay to be drawn out, so regenerating roots won't be a good idea, most likely. Although you can consider giving someone (a character) a Nature's Gift spell, or something similar, that regenerates a root at a great cost.

None.

Apr 23 2010, 3:35 pm XGenesis Post #122

Name = Tree Attack :D

None.

Apr 24 2010, 5:38 pm TiKels Post #123

How about Zynastor's Crash Rpg for a name.
I'm sure it'll fill up. :awesome:

Any idea when this will be released? (Probably a dumb question to ask)

My favorite part about Kaias is if he sees something he disagrees with or disapproves, he just ignores it.

Arboretum Aggression. < --- ^^

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 25 2010, 2:06 am Kaias Post #124

Final answer: Io Dyne

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 25 2010, 2:39 am by Kaias.

None.

Apr 25 2010, 4:54 am Positively Post #125

Awesome name :D.

What's Dyne even mean? o.o

None.

Apr 25 2010, 10:24 am FlashBeer Post #126

Hah, Io-dyne!

None.

Apr 25 2010, 1:31 pm Chia-Tyrant Post #127

Io Dyne? That's an awful name. What is everyone's obsession witht the word Dyne anyway? Dyne is a unit of measure of force in physics if my memory is correct (from the word dynamics). Io is one of Saturn's(or Jupiter's?) moon and also a girl that was kidnapped by a God in Greek Mythology. The two words have nothing to do with one another and the title means nothing whatsoever. Why in the world would you think that throwing two random words together could make a good title?

None.

Apr 25 2010, 2:25 pm Kaias Post #128

Quote from Chia-Tyrant
Io Dyne? That's an awful name. What is everyone's obsession witht the word Dyne anyway? Dyne is a unit of measure of force in physics if my memory is correct (from the word dynamics). Io is one of Saturn's(or Jupiter's?) moon and also a girl that was kidnapped by a God in Greek Mythology. The two words have nothing to do with one another and the title means nothing whatsoever. Why in the world would you think that throwing two random words together could make a good title?
Relax, it was just a lame joke. Clan Dyne was a 'clan that wasn't clan' of a group of guys that put Dyne at the end of their maps (IE Snow Dyne, Pirate Dyne, Crescent Dyne, Siege Dyne). I just thought it was amusing that the random project name I whipped out happened to read as the element 'Iodine' when given the Dyne treatment. I agree that it would be a terrible name.

None.

Apr 25 2010, 2:36 pm TiKels Post #129

Quote from Kaias
Quote from Chia-Tyrant
Relax, it was just a lame joke. Clan Dyne was a 'clan that wasn't clan' of a group of guys that put Dyne at the end of their maps (IE Snow Dyne, Pirate Dyne, Crescent Dyne, Siege Dyne). I just thought it was amusing that the random project name I whipped out happened to read as the element 'Iodine' when given the Dyne treatment. I agree that it would be a terrible name.
OOOHHAAAMYGOOD!! That's funny! I didn't even CATCH ON TO THAT! Clever.
Tree Dyne.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 28 2010, 9:51 pm Tempz Post #130

This is going get realeased before starcraft 2 ... ?

None.

Apr 29 2010, 3:09 am TiKels Post #131

Quote from Tempz
I would hope.

Also: Learn to spell "released."

LOLOLO REAL - LEASE!

Sudden move to "Map Production" confuse TIKELS!

-NudeRaider

Apr 29 2010, 6:52 pm lil-Inferno Post #132

Just here for the pie

Quote from TiKels
LOLOLO REAL - LEASE!

I don't see how that was funny at all.

Apr 29 2010, 8:52 pm Tempz Post #133

i type fast mmk?

None.

Apr 29 2010, 9:41 pm ImagoDeo Post #134

Quote from TiKels
Quote from Tempz
I would hope.

Also: Learn to spell "released."

LOLOLO REAL - LEASE!

TiKels, it strikes me that you've been rather... hyperactive... lately. Any reason why?

In other words, are you on something? ...and if so, why aren't you sharing?

None.

May 1 2010, 11:14 pm TiKels Post #135

It was supposed to be the sort of humor where you go "Lol wtf that's not even funny."

The "humor" is the initial "lol."

-NudeRaider

May 2 2010, 2:57 pm Super Duper Post #136

Quote from ImagoDeo
TiKels, it strikes me that you've been rather... hyperactive... lately. Any reason why?
One too many.

Quote from Tempz
This.

None.

May 3 2010, 12:58 am Tempz Post #137

One too many what :0?

I have a few things on my mind right now ...

None.

May 19 2010, 9:05 am Wormer Post #138

Was flattened to see myself in credits. Thank you guys!

You know, I am worried about that large trigger count you are going to have in the map. I made some massive trigger tests in the past. First thing I figured out was that a map with *that* large amount of triggers took very long to load (although if not much triggers were being executed each cycle it wasn't lagging much). The second problem was that SCMD wasn't able to accept a large number of triggers (can't remember exactly but it was around >~100k), it just crashed when I tried to compile, however not sure if current SCMD versions fixed that problem.

Hope you're aware of these possible issues.

Also, how the project is going? It is already quite silent here for a while.

Some.

May 19 2010, 4:42 pm payne Post #139

:payne:

Quote from Wormer
Was flattened to see myself in credits. Thank you guys!

You know, I am worried about that large trigger count you are going to have in the map. I made some massive trigger tests in the past. First thing I figured out was that a map with *that* large amount of triggers took very long to load (although if not much triggers were being executed each cycle it wasn't lagging much). The second problem was that SCMD wasn't able to accept a large number of triggers (can't remember exactly but it was around >~100k), it just crashed when I tried to compile, however not sure if current SCMD versions fixed that problem.

Hope you're aware of these possible issues.

Also, how the project is going? It is already quite silent here for a while.
All I know is that Kaias left map making. :(

None.

May 19 2010, 5:43 pm samsizzle Post #140

Quote from payne
All I know is that Kaias left map making SEN. :(

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 9 >
  Back to forum