Io-
Apr 1 2010, 4:01 pm
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9

Jun 24 2010, 4:20 am Positively Post #161

Quote from Lethal_Illusion
Quote from stickynote
Can you post what you have done?
It went though so many iterations I don't think it's worth posting.

Dammmitt! You got -1 Karma :-( . Karma-ed :).

None.

Jun 24 2010, 8:25 pm payne Post #162

:payne:

Quote from Positively
Quote from stickynote

It was me. >.<

None.

Jun 25 2010, 4:09 am Sacrieur Post #163

Still Napping

Is that a circular mobile grid I see on the front page?

None.

Jun 25 2010, 4:21 am stickynote Post #164

Yeah, is it? It looks too perfect. They might have used that JYD trick.

None.

Jun 25 2010, 5:35 pm Demented Shaman Post #165

No, it's probably just the result of the pixel grid. :-_-:

None.

Jun 26 2010, 3:31 am Positively Post #166

Quote from payne
Quote from Positively
Quote from stickynote

It was me. >.<

Whoops. Oh well, no more Karma >:].

None.

Jul 1 2010, 6:59 pm Program Post #167

I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread or not, but critters make terrible AoS/RPG heroes. Do you know how hard it is to control those things? :><:

None.

Jul 2 2010, 12:56 am samsizzle Post #168

I'm sure they took advantage of exactly what you're talkin bout and made the critter characters more interesting in some way.

None.

Jul 3 2010, 9:07 pm Kaias Post #169

Quote from Sacrieur
Is that a circular mobile grid I see on the front page?
Quote from stickynote
Yeah, is it? It looks too perfect. They might have used that JYD trick.
Quote from Demented Shaman
No, it's probably just the result of the pixel grid. :-_-:
Actually no, that screenshot is fake and was created with preset locations. We did it as a nod to the equally fake April Fools joke screenshot of the year before which also featured an 'invoked fire ring'. If you'll notice, the Ragnasaur (Heligaia) had no such spell listed. We couldn't use mobile grids anyway.

The item listing is mostly fake too, we never got as far as to make an item interface, let alone design items. Nine heroes were designed, though none yet implemented. There was far too much pre-designing that had to go into it before it could even be playable. For instance, every unit in the game needed a specific unit index, all units had to be recycled (AKA creeps, heroes), the only system/storage area the map allows for is a small 7x12 tile area on the right side of the map that literally had to handle/hold around 600 units as well as the prepping for all the systems/spells. All these factors combined to make this one of the greatest pains to make and thats not even considering the trigger portion of the map (battle system, interfaces, spells, scans, tons of calculations, creep tree and hero handling etc).

None.

Jul 4 2010, 12:50 am TiKels Post #170

Quote from Program
I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread or not, but critters make terrible AoS/RPG heroes. Do you know how hard it is to control those things? :><:
I spoke with Kaias regarding this before, and he stated that he would have it so that it acted 100% like a normal unit. IIRC, and don't hold me to this, he detected when you ordered/etc and constantly made it stay in spot until you did a command/attacked via EUDs. Attacks use command target, as in no unit actual DEALS damage the normal way, rather they use euds to detect when you click to attack a unit. Yeah, crazy amirite? The weird thing is how far they get in so little time.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 5 2010, 2:26 am Program Post #171

It just feels weird too. I know you probably wouldn't need to, but you can't multi-select critters with other units.

None.

Jul 12 2010, 5:19 am TiKels Post #172

Feels weird? Yeah i kinda get ya, the sounds don't go off as soon as you click (null for a second?) etc etc.

I'm sure it would have felt normal since they were going to use custom unit sounds anyway. KBAI

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 12 2010, 5:22 am stickynote Post #173

@Kaias: I don't remember the april fool's from last year. What was it?

I don't know why I and others are still posting in a topic about a map that's not even in production anymore.

None.

Jul 12 2010, 5:41 am payne Post #174

:payne:

Quote from stickynote
@Kaias: I don't remember the april fool's from last year. What was it?

I don't know why I and others are still posting in a topic about a map that's not even in production anymore.
It was about "Crescent Dyne - Revived", or something like that.
It had nearly the exact same screenshot with Ring of Fire. XD

EDIT: http://www.staredit.net/topic/6879/

None.

Jul 20 2010, 6:49 am samsizzle Post #175

how did you guys get the text to align all nicely in the last screenshot?

EDIT: Nevermind, Vrael helped me out.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 20 2010, 6:59 am by samsizzle.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9
  Back to forum