Io-
Apr 1 2010, 4:01 pm
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 2 3 49 >

Apr 1 2010, 9:45 pm payne Post #21

:payne:

http://www.staredit.net/topic/6879/
Happy April Fools.

Though, for some reason, I have an "Io.scx" file in my map folder... that makes me tend to hesitate ;o
Its terrain size is of 64x10 and there is Howler's tree copied at each side.
There are locations for a grid system, but only on the 'X' axis.
There is also a huge bunch of triggers for players 1 to 6, but check through them, it's just the same trigger copied many times.
Trigger: "64 condition of 'X' suffered of '0' terran medic death => Set Terran supply depot death for current player to 3"... ?!

EDIT: I just remembered that when they showed me this, they were just trying to test how triggers lagged, which justifies the copied triggers.
This -might- not be fake. :O

EDIT:
Quote from Trigger">http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Map_Limits]Trigger limit: 65535 (This is the number of Triggers that a map can have until Starcraft crashes while saving the game.)
?!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 1 2010, 10:52 pm by payne.

None.

Apr 1 2010, 11:03 pm TiKels Post #22

Specs / Features / Systems:
6 player AoS (2 teams of 3)
Mouse detection EUDs
Key detection EUDs
Hoax...

And I've always wanted to make a game where all the heros are units usually never used...
IE: Khaydarin crystal(Might be a better idea to use an attackable powerup with VHP combined with EUD hp detection), kakaru (spelling?), Independent Starport

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 1 2010, 11:28 pm Ahli Post #23

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
Quote from Trigger">http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Map_Limits]Trigger limit: 65535 (This is the number of Triggers that a map can have until Starcraft crashes while saving the game.)
?!
Yes. I can crash everyone's starcraft in a multiplayer game with staredit (starcraft's campaign editor) as my only weapon (theoretically).
I've reported that to Blizzard. 1.17 may fixes it (1.17... won't happen anyway. still waiting for a duping patch for diablo 1). Everything else runs fine with more than 65535 triggers. Only saving crashes Starcraft.

back to topic or I shall moderate myself:
1st april is over for me. I want to know which aspects of this are real and which are hoaxes.

Anyway, the multiplayer part should desync the players (since you seem to change game data with it).
edit: except you plan to do this as a map & mod with downgrading to an old version of SC which can be played on SF's realm.

Apr 2 2010, 3:14 am stickynote Post #24

Obviously the April Fool's joke is that it isn't an April Fool's joke. What? :hurr:

None.

Apr 2 2010, 7:40 am samsizzle Post #25

Quote from stickynote
Obviously the April Fool's joke is that it isn't an April Fool's joke. What? :hurr:
Eeeeegghhh?

None.

Apr 2 2010, 1:36 pm TiKels Post #26

It would be kinda silly of them to make this SAME April Fools two years in a row... but then again that would make it even more unpredictable and unknown...
Now that it is no longer April first I feel obligated to confirm that this was indeed a hoax. I woke up yesterday with some time before classes started and thought I'd have a little fun
Either admit that it is a falsity or claim its truth. We go by your (and lethal's) word simply because it is no longer April fools day.
I command you!

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 2 2010, 1:40 pm stickynote Post #27

UR DOING IT WRONG! I'm making this :P

None.

Apr 2 2010, 2:33 pm JaFF Post #28

This has the fuss and drama of the original CD, I'll give you that, guys.

None.

Apr 3 2010, 3:20 am Kaias Post #29

Quote from stickynote
Stickynote called it (and many others, I'm sure), no doubt thanks to a superfluous amount of detail on the Heligaia.

We are indeed making this map, and none of the listed details are inaccurate (apart from the fire ring, which was a shout out to Crescent Dyne's screenshot last year). I was tempted to say it was a hoax and then pop a surprise beta out, but I couldn't guarantee that we could produce a beta anytime soon. Of course we'll need a ton of help for balancing and any hero ideas are welcome.

Oh and Tikels, about making local EUDs shareable- april fools.

None.

Apr 3 2010, 3:25 am payne Post #30

:payne:

So everything is true?
Even the EUDs for multiplayer and the "thanks to [...]" ? :O
I'm glad I had seen that the fire ring from the screenshot seemed to be a rip-off of the other year's April Fool.

Well, it is nice to see this is real :)

(I hope you'll finish Nightfall too :D)

None.

Apr 3 2010, 3:31 am Kaias Post #31

Quote from payne
So everything is true?
Even the EUDs for multiplayer and the "thanks to [...]" ? :O
It uses destination coordinate detection to cast/target spells.

I thanked Samsizzle because he made the terrain, SuicidalInsanity for Scmdraft, Yoonkwun Morphling and Rockz for their work on EUDs, qPirateKing for the Pumpkin Knife, Howler because he made the Trees, RISKED911 and Kidblaze as a joke and now Wormer for Macro Triggers.

Edit: Necromancer Details are up

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 3 2010, 3:49 am by Kaias.

None.

Apr 3 2010, 4:13 am Positively Post #32

Omg dude, that looks sexy.

None.

Apr 3 2010, 4:44 am LoveLess Post #33

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

When I read April first and the banner, I want to complete the word with another like "lol" or "load of bullshit."

Then again, something like this would be accomplish able by the duo.

None.

Apr 3 2010, 5:06 am CecilSunkure Post #34

Kaias how long did it take you to get used to the Macro Triggers format? How long have you been working on this? How much better do you think the Macro Triggers environment is compared to scmdraft in terms of time consumption while creating triggers?

None.

Apr 3 2010, 5:15 am stickynote Post #35

Destination coordinate detection? What is that? Then are you using a gateway or something to select spells?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 3 2010, 5:28 am by stickynote.

None.

Apr 3 2010, 1:47 pm Super Duper Post #36

You're all so gullible :P

This was the big give-a-way for me:

None.

Apr 3 2010, 2:33 pm Morphling Post #37

Ciara, that is easy to do. First, detect the mouse coordinations and screen coordinations and compare that with the location of the displayed text. If the mouse location is in the same coordinates as the text then you display the details of that item / spell. Since displaying text doesn't affect gameplay, it is possible.

Btw, I heard you guys gave my sister a hard time. gj :bleh:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 3 2010, 2:55 pm by Morphling.

None.

Apr 3 2010, 3:06 pm Ahli Post #38

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Morphling
Ciara, that is easy to do. First, detect the mouse coordinations and screen coordinations and compare that with the location of the displayed text. If the mouse location is in the same coordinates as the text then you display the details of that item / spell. Since displaying text doesn't affect gameplay, it is possible.

Btw, I heard you guys gave my sister a hard time. gj :bleh:
You only need the mouse coordinates for that. The screen coordinates aren't nessecary for mouse over displayed text.

Apr 3 2010, 3:12 pm Super Duper Post #39

Figures... Shows how much I know about mapping. :><:
I still think its an April fool's joke, though. :|

None.

Apr 3 2010, 3:43 pm stickynote Post #40

It's not an April fools joke anymore. Whether or not they complete it. I'm gonna jump on th AOS bandwagon. :hurr: @morph: that really was your sister? haha.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 49 >
  Back to forum