Io-
Apr 1 2010, 4:01 pm
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 69 >

Apr 15 2010, 12:34 am Kaias Post #61

New hero details added.

None.

Apr 15 2010, 12:57 am Positively Post #62

Omgg, awesome. It's spells are especially sexy :D. Takes damage... binding. Awesome :D.

None.

Apr 15 2010, 4:47 am payne Post #63

:payne:

We can't see Marine's (hero) image and there is a "[/list]" lost somewhere in its spell list.
And why don't all the heroes get a Passive ability?
An other question: How many heroes will there be? And could you update the items list? :O

None.

Apr 15 2010, 5:15 am ImagoDeo Post #64

Kaias, how do you intend to accomplish direct damage without the use of EUDs or a scarab/reaver DDS? Or is that a trade secret? Or is it too complicated to explain here?

None.

Apr 15 2010, 8:30 am Kaias Post #65

Quote from ImagoDeo
Kaias, how do you intend to accomplish direct damage without the use of EUDs or a scarab/reaver DDS? Or is that a trade secret? Or is it too complicated to explain here?
We are using EUD conditions. As for applying the changes- modifying unit health.

Quote from payne
We can't see Marine's (hero) image and there is a "[/list]" lost somewhere in its spell list.
And why don't all the heroes get a Passive ability?
An other question: How many heroes will there be? And could you update the items list? :O
I fixed the [/list] and I can see the Marine image.

We might give them all a passive ability, it really just depends on what is needed to complete and complement their character.

None.

Apr 15 2010, 11:34 am LoveLess Post #66

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Pest sounds like my kind of hero :wub:

None.

Apr 15 2010, 5:38 pm ImagoDeo Post #67

Quote from Kaias
We are using EUD conditions. As for applying the changes- modifying unit health.

So this map has to be run with Farty's EUD Action Enabler active.

I guess that kills it for macs. :/

None.

Apr 15 2010, 5:57 pm samsizzle Post #68

Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from Kaias

So this map has to be run with Farty's EUD Action Enabler active.

I guess that kills it for macs. :/
CONDITIONS!

None.

Apr 15 2010, 5:58 pm ImagoDeo Post #69

Quote from samsizzle
CONDITIONS!

Oh. :wallbash:

None.

Apr 15 2010, 5:59 pm samsizzle Post #70

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Set unit hp percent?

Edit: damnit, now this post doesn't make sense thanks Deo for editing your post. :crazy:

None.

Apr 17 2010, 7:40 am Z1zChZ Post #71

the terrain looks pretty smexy good luck on your map I hope to see it finished. =)

None.

Apr 18 2010, 5:58 pm Kaias Post #72

Quote from Z1zChZ
the terrain looks pretty smexy good luck on your map I hope to see it finished. =)
You can thank Samsizzle for that.

Quote from payne
We have 9 heroes planned out, currently.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 3:53 am Positively Post #73

Omg. You guys are working on this FAST.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 5:47 am Kaias Post #74

I need a couple opinions from the community:

I'm surprised that no one has asked how it works to have the Trees be the structure to be killed. It is done not by somehow attacking terrain, but by attacking its roots, which are 5 larva around its base.

First question is this: Should the larva be taken down one by one, or should they all share the same health, making attacking one as good as attacking any other and all would be killed at the same time when their collective hp is depleted?

Second question: Should armor work in the SC sense where it reduces each attack's damage by the armor amount (making it more effective against faster attackers versus heavy attackers) or should armor work in the same way that DotA does where each point of armor increases percent damage reduction with diminishing returns?

None.

Apr 19 2010, 5:56 am Jack Post #75

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

1: Larvae one by one. It makes more sense (what trees die just by losing one root?) plus you could potentially have roots that grow back, or some sort of morale system based on amounts of roots alive. It gives you more to expand on.

2. Harder question. The 2nd idea seems cooler and would make a change, but might seem sorta complicated to players when the fast DPS hitters don't get as significant a nerf when they get armour. I say the 2nd option though.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 19 2010, 7:26 am fat_flying_pigs Post #76

Quote from Jack
1: Larvae one by one. It makes more sense (what trees die just by losing one root?) plus you could potentially have roots that grow back, or some sort of morale system based on amounts of roots alive. It gives you more to expand on.
I agree with the above. You should make it so if after X time goes by, and there are Y remaining roots, the larvae are healed. So the other roots "heal" the damaged one. And the last root won't be able to heal itself. Healing can be done with medic, setting hp via triggers, or just instant 100% heal.
You should also make the roots heal-able by heroes (they just wait near them or something, and heal them faster/instantly).

None.

Apr 19 2010, 4:36 pm ImagoDeo Post #77

Another thought is that the roots could potentially have some kind of attack of their own (sunken colonies covered by the sprites at the top of the tree?). I like the idea of having individual roots, each of which must be killed.

I believe that you should use the DotA/WoW-style armor. It enables greater manipulation of damage reduction. The calculations may be difficult to work out, though. If you have equippable items, and if they require higher levels to wear or use, then armor should grant less damage reduction at higher levels as characters level up and gain access to gear with higher values of armor. Then the total damage reduction would be more or less the same and would prevent high level characters from just stacking armor and becoming essentially invincible to low level characters.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 4:48 pm CecilSunkure Post #78

Quote from Kaias
First question is this: Should the larva be taken down one by one, or should they all share the same health, making attacking one as good as attacking any other and all would be killed at the same time when their collective hp is depleted?
One by one. Having them die off one by one will give the tree more of a realistic, dynamic, alive feeling, and it will be easier to see your progress in killing the tree by the amount of roots rather than them all dieing at once. Also, it could also change the strategies players will have to use; they can't stand in a single spot and pelt away at a single root, they might have to move around a little bit to reach all of them.

Quote from Kaias
Second question: Should armor work in the SC sense where it reduces each attack's damage by the armor amount (making it more effective against faster attackers versus heavy attackers) or should armor work in the same way that DotA does where each point of armor increases percent damage reduction with diminishing returns?
I say percentage. This will make every character have an equal chance at being able to take out roots, which will be easier to balance in the long run, assuming that character's attacks do near equal damage per second.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 5:38 pm Kaias Post #79

Quote from CecilSunkure
This will make every character have an equal chance at being able to take out roots, which will be easier to balance in the long run, assuming that character's attacks do near equal damage per second.
To make myself perfectly clear, when I'm talking about Armor, I mean as a mechanic throughout all attacking interactions, not just with the roots.

Quote from Jack
I actually like where this is going.

Quote from ImagoDeo
Another thought is that the roots could potentially have some kind of attack of their own (sunken colonies covered by the sprites at the top of the tree?).
I considered something like this but decided against it. It would create more obstruction in an already tight quartered environment. I should mention that each base will have one guardian (a Dragoon), which will serve as the bases' defense. I don't know how the Dragoon should scale/change throughout the game, however.

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
I agree with the above. You should make it so if after X time goes by, and there are Y remaining roots, the larvae are healed. So the other roots "heal" the damaged one. And the last root won't be able to heal itself. Healing can be done with medic, setting hp via triggers, or just instant 100% heal.
You should also make the roots heal-able by heroes (they just wait near them or something, and heal them faster/instantly).
I have complete control over the roots' healths, as we are using vHP, which brings up another question: Should the roots be damageable via spells? The plan is that they shouldn't be and I very much doubt my mind will be changed in the matter.

Quote from CecilSunkure
One by one.
Quote from ImagoDeo
I like the idea of having individual roots, each of which must be killed.
Quote from Jack
1: Larvae one by one.
Quote from fat_flying_pigs
I agree with the above.
This is how it we have been triggering it to be so far, though technically it'd be easier to do it with a collective health (fewer variables to keep track of). Looks like we'll continue doing it this way.

Quote from Jack
2. Harder question. The 2nd idea seems cooler and would make a change ... I say the 2nd option though.
Quote from ImagoDeo
I believe that you should use the DotA/WoW-style armor.
Quote from CecilSunkure
I say percentage.
If popular opinion keeps leaning this way we'll make the change. I'll need to come up with a good formula for diminishing returns, then.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 5:48 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #80

Should the roots be damageable via spells? The plan is that they shouldn't be and I very much doubt my mind will be changed in the matter.
I think they should. Perhaps give them some sort of protection against spell damage, or require that only high level spells can be used against it (and the spell won;t do 100% damage).

If spells didn't work, then how would the critter heroes kill the larvae?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 69 >
  Back to forum