SC2 BETA!
Feb 17 2010, 9:49 pm
By: MasterJohnny
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >

Feb 18 2010, 2:59 am OlimarandLouie Post #41

It says

Windows cannot find 'dixdiag'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly and try again.

I've tried variations of the word, but the same error message comes up.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 3:05 am Dem0n Post #42

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

WHOOPS! Sorry, it's "dxdiag," not "dixdiag." :P

Feb 18 2010, 3:10 am OlimarandLouie Post #43

It says 256 MB total memory.
Name of the chip: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
I don't know how good this chip is...

None.

Feb 18 2010, 3:12 am Jack Post #44

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

You don't have enough memory if that's RAM. Buy a gigabyte or two.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 18 2010, 3:17 am Biophysicist Post #45

Quote from OlimarandLouie
It says 256 MB total memory.
Name of the chip: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
I don't know how good this chip is...
You'll need a real graphics card, not the stupid chipsets Intel builds in.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 3:17 am Dem0n Post #46

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yes, Intel sucks. I can't run anything with mine. D: I hate my graphics card. This computer needs to burn in hell.

Feb 18 2010, 3:27 am OlimarandLouie Post #47

This computer has 5 gigabytes of RAM.
And I don't know what to get... I'm so clueless.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 3:34 am BeDazed Post #48

You have 5 gigabytes of RAM and a built in video card? What a waste of RAM space! <_<
Oh yeah, I'm going to upload some screenshots later on. My SC2 is in Korean <_<... And frankly, I can't change the language- just yet.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 3:35 am Dem0n Post #49

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Run dxdiag and click on the "Display" tab. The Approximate Total Memory is the memory on your video card.

Yes, I know, my specs are horrible.

Feb 18 2010, 3:37 am OlimarandLouie Post #50

I did that. Where it says 64 mb on yours, it says 256 mb on mine.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 3:42 am Dem0n Post #51

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Then you've got enough to play. Lucky. :hurr:

Feb 18 2010, 4:03 am BeDazed Post #52

You can get a fine video card for like $70 nowadays. and most cards at that level will run starcraft just fine.

Log-in screen <_<.. I set my portrait as a medic.

Loading screen. It takes around 15 seconds to load a game or replay on my pc.

Here's my first glimpse on the replay screen. You can actually see the player's movements- what they click, hotkey, and etcetc.

The replay speed goes up to a maximum of X6- which is pretty fast. You can fast forward, or go back to where you want to see. Neat?

You can change your point of view to other players.

And at the top left section, there's statistical guide which lets you able to view what the players are building currently, what units they have, how much resources they have, and how big is their income, and how powerful their economy, military, and etcetc views are, and their APM.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 4:16 am Jack Post #53

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

MOAR PL0X! It's awesome how it looks the same but way better.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 18 2010, 4:17 am Excalibur Post #54

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
I hate my parents. I see the Nividia Geoforce 6600 for 25 bucks and they say "no." I'm never going be to able to play SC2. :-(
How do you even know you have the required slot/PSU requirements? Or have I checked on that for you at some point?

Quote from OlimarandLouie
How would I find out what graphics card my computer has? I want to know if it passes the minimum requirements for SC2.
Dxdiag or you get GPU-Z like a real man. In any case, you have an integrated gfx chipset, which translates to you're lucky you can play anything. Even the newest integrated chipsets would have a hard time running any modern game at anything above the lowest setttings, with very few exceptions.

Look kids, I worked for one week @ minimum wage and made just under 300$. That means that if you put some effort into it, in 2-3 weeks, let alone the months its going to take for SC2 to be done, you could make enough to build a much better computer than you have now and thus play SC2. If you need help picking parts, you know where to find me.

Dazed, if your SC2 wasn't in Korean I'd kill you and steal your PC. :P

Also Dazed, can you brief anyone on what strats and builds are going on right now? Whats OP? What do you think is under powered?

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Feb 18 2010, 4:21 am BeDazed Post #55

The funny part is, they already have Korean dubs. AND THEY SOUND VERY FUNKY.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 4:42 am Oh_Man Post #56

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

DAZED SRSLY MAN U NEED TO BE LINKING AS MUCH SHIT AS U CAN TO US.

Picture throwing grains of rice out of a helicopter to a third world country. That's your position in SEN right now! WE WANT MOAAAAAAR!!!

Feb 18 2010, 5:59 am chuiu Post #57

Did someone say sc2 beta? I think you guys want to go here:

http://www.teamliquid.net/beta/

For latest news, list of live streams, old vods, strategy discussions, etc etc etc

EDIT: Oh and Zerg are OP

None.

Feb 18 2010, 7:21 am Heinermann Post #58

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Looks like there are a lot of modding capabilities.
You can add new races, achievements, units, and more.

The file formats are very simple. Aside from "*.m3" models and "*.fxa" portraits, mostly everything is plaintext or in a known format(images/textures in dds format).
See http://code.google.com/p/vgce/source/browse/trunk/docs/Blizzard/Starcraft%20II/files.txt

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 18 2010, 7:39 am by Heinermann.

Feb 18 2010, 7:30 am KrayZee Post #59

A Protoss Sentry can easily halt the mass banelings with force field, then wipe them out from distance and/or psi storm.

I believe the "Larvae Inject" is to replace the idea of building a lot of hatcheries. Plus not only it seems to be more realistic when come to think of it, it also saves more space/room in the Zerg's base instead of having hatcheries side by side. Though Hot_Bid could be right on how powerful the Zerg is capable of, unless players can find a way to be just as powerful while playing either Protoss or Terran.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 8:21 am Heinermann Post #60

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Looks like:

Unit Count: 251
Upgrade Count: 109
Orders(Now known as "Abilities"): 208

The counts can be modified very easily. You can even add your own races and change the starting units in "GameData\RaceData.xml". So if you want to add hybrids or Xel'naga, you can do it right off the bat without any moddings tools (aside from MPQ editor).

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >
  Back to forum