Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Starcraft 2 - Goliath
Starcraft 2 - Goliath
Jan 31 2010, 3:04 pm
By: SoftWarewolf
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >

Feb 20 2010, 10:35 pm SoftWarewolf Post #41

Thank you for all the support and suggestions :)
Nude: you can? doesn't look that fast to me..

Devourer: if you read this page, you will see some of the plans i allready have: http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=8089
so you don't need to suggest nuke and mineral attracting, they are probably on the way ;)
cloak was a good idea, and already implemented, it will be in the next version!

speaking of next version, here is a teaser from level 7:

Falkoner: fun :P but i will make it harder for you to cheat on later versions

None.

Feb 20 2010, 10:41 pm NudeRaider Post #42

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from SoftWarewolf
Thank you for all the support and suggestions :)
Nude: you can? doesn't look that fast to me..
Yes, especially if you use right mouse button movement.

Feb 20 2010, 10:55 pm SoftWarewolf Post #43

ah yes, i see.
the right mouse button will not be used for movement in the full version, so i probably won't bother to fix that glitch.

None.

Feb 20 2010, 11:04 pm Centreri Post #44

Relatively ancient and inactive

I don't like how you have to walk over the minerals to pick them up. It's fairly impossible to pick them up after mutalisks because the game forces you to run away from mutalisks. Anyway, awesome. :D

None.

Feb 21 2010, 2:24 am SoftWarewolf Post #45

A lot of new stuff now, the game music has been replaced by the zerg tune from.. *drumroll* Starcraft 2!!

The new Plasma gun is extremely powerful and looks supersweet.

Yet the biggest new thing is the itembar, you use the items you buy with Z,X,C,V and can buy stuff such as spidermines and invisibility kits!

Also the game is extended to 7 levels, even harder than before.

- Itembar! you can purchase Healthpacks, Invisibility kits, Spider mines and Stimpacks
- 7 levels
- Plasma, new powerful weapon!
- New enemy, ultralisk

also now contains some starcraft 2 music and sounds, and the game has a lite defence against hacks.

http://sww.pogostick.net/starcraft2goliath.exe <- download game

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 21 2010, 2:41 am by SoftWarewolf.

None.

Feb 21 2010, 2:35 am CecilSunkure Post #46

Very interesting. I'm wondering how in the world this was made. Did you code this out of like C++? What is it made of/from/with? How long have you spent on it?

As for the game itself, I was pretty impressed. Very interesting. I only played momentarily, so I can't say much more than "I liked what I saw" :><:

None.

Feb 21 2010, 3:24 am SoftWarewolf Post #47

i am creating it with Multimedia fusion 2 from clickteam
I've spent quite a few hours by now..

you should play it properly, checkout all 5 weapons and try to get a score over 6000 ;)

None.

Feb 21 2010, 10:41 am Devourer Post #48

Hello

Awesome game :)
One hint: the datadiscs of mutalisks should have a longer life-time before it disappears as you are busy running away from the mutalisks before you can get them, and when you try to get them in time you get heavily damaged by around 5-6 stacked shots.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 21 2010, 10:57 am by DeVouReR.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Feb 22 2010, 4:20 am stickynote Post #49

<3 :rolleyes:

None.

Feb 22 2010, 1:23 pm Ashamed Post #50

Hear me Raor!!

Its fun! I think it needs a pause button :-)

None.

Feb 23 2010, 12:29 am SoftWarewolf Post #51

ctrl+p will pause the game ;)
sry about not having that information anywhere, also f2 will restart and alt+f4 will quit obviously, and the items are on z,x,c,v as you probably figured.

i improved the more expensive items, i will probably upload a new version tomorrow.

None.

Feb 24 2010, 5:22 pm SoftWarewolf Post #52

New version is out!, now it got installer where you can choose what music you want.
improved menu and hiscores, balanced items and added storms.

Download link
mirror

None.

Feb 24 2010, 7:11 pm Riney Post #53

Thigh high affectionado

Just got 3rd place (Score: 9434).

I rox :3

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Feb 27 2010, 6:24 am Derqua Post #54

Lvl 7 is hard, got 5th: 9798

None.

Feb 27 2010, 9:36 am Devourer Post #55

Hello

10208 I'm third <3 awesome game, can't wait for new versions.

Mar 1 2010, 12:33 am SoftWarewolf Post #56

You don't have to wait long, its updated! you get a boss now after level 4 ;) enjoy!
more levels mean more points, so if you want to get the top scores above me again, you have to get to work ;)

also the blood looks a lot better :) and i picked some good music for the game on the "megazone" option

None.

Mar 1 2010, 1:30 am EzDay281 Post #57

Sweet, top score on the latest version.
I assume that the high-score list is blanked with every new version, so I'm just here because it's hardly been out for an hour (according to your post time)?
Got the Psionic Shockwave by level 3 or 4. Psi Storm was basically useless, and with the number of attack/move speed upgrades one could get, Stims I didn't care for, because I wanted minerals and often had to run straight through huge mobs, cloak was useless, Mines I tried once and didn't like and I'm assuming their damage is static, so with Shockwave's damage output were useless - on the other hand, since medkits grow proportionally more effective as one upgrades health, and health increasingly important as mobs grow more difficult to kill before minerals disappear...
Also the boss was pretty useless. :P I used the Shockwave on him since I had it, but I tried out the Glaive Worms and Machine Gun just to see how they'd work - his health was draining slower, but mine remained untouched.

Though honestly, I kind'f dislike how the Psionic Shockwave is basically so powerful that there's no reason to do anything but rush to get it as soon as possible.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 1 2010, 1:40 am by EzDay281.

None.

Mar 1 2010, 4:34 am Apos Post #58

I order you to forgive yourself!

The plasma said that it was supposed to blow enemies in one shot but it didn't seem to work to well... It's attack was way to slow for the damage it seemed to do.

Mar 1 2010, 8:31 am Devourer Post #59

Hello

Quote from Apos
The plasma said that it was supposed to blow enemies in one shot but it didn't seem to work to well... It's attack was way to slow for the damage it seemed to do.
doesn't it say that the level4 weapon is meant to blow them at once?
The level5 weapon is just awesome splash weapon... also it seems like it deals random damage: at times it one-hits mutalisks and at times it doesn't.

Mar 1 2010, 9:10 am UrbaneVirtuoso Post #60

Well, I sure got my ass handed to me as soon as the Mutalisks came in - those projectiles seemed to home in on me. D: With that aside, this is great game with a straight-forward concept; the controls feel well-at-home and buying system is a fine mechanic. If you'd like a suggestion then here's one to throw about: different titlesets/arenas that you could select from would be nice. :)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >
  Back to forum