Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Starcraft 2 - Goliath
Starcraft 2 - Goliath
Jan 31 2010, 3:04 pm
By: SoftWarewolf
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 78 >

Mar 4 2010, 10:18 pm EzDay281 Post #81

i don't think kakulza is that easy...
I did get hit a number of times this time, but... I was hoping he'd feed me more Mutalisks and ran around just not shooting when I could for most of the time, I was playing really sloppily because I was lazy, and the damage I did take... I lost maybe half my health, which I could just ignore anyways (restore was researched).
(out of curiosity, are the mutalisks unlimited? Or random? Something else?)
also, the items are better, the stimpack is a lot more powerful, really worth the 35 minerals,
This I noticed, though by the time I could afford to spend 35 minerals on an impermanent boost, my strategy consisted, basically, of "run away for a few seconds, fire into the now-clustered trail of enemies, run straight through their faces for minerals, repeat". Stims would still be useful, but a lot of their value is lost by then when getting hit a bunch of times is guaranteed by my strategy.
and the cloak might be a good idea instead of just healthpacks since it heals you a bit now
Hadn't noticed that, might utilize it a bit more (i.e. at all) in the future then. =)
did you get over 999 minerals? theres only 3 digits on the menu, but the topright counter works fine, maybe i'll change it to 4 digits.
In the 1200s, I believe. Not sure. I noticed that the topright works properly - kind'f hard not to when you know about the cheatcode. :P

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 4 2010, 10:49 pm by EzDay281.

None.

Mar 5 2010, 12:08 am Gigins Post #82

I am wondering about mutas in boss level as well. In any case you should make that it spawns muta/s when it has certain level of health left. So a fixed limit of mutas spawn each time.

None.

Mar 5 2010, 10:30 am SoftWarewolf Post #83

Kakulza spawns muta's randomly, but limited to 10 (so you cant keep farming)
the optimal strategy would be to wait until you have killed 10 mutas before killing him, spawning them on different health levels is a good idea, its just a bit inconvenient to code.. (probably need 10 separate conditions, or a function so complex that i might aswell just use 10 separate conditions)

None.

Mar 5 2010, 12:11 pm Gigins Post #84

Since they are limited to 10, it's good as it is. :D

None.

Mar 5 2010, 8:28 pm EzDay281 Post #85

I've a couple of questions:
1. Are there any factors in one's score other than number of what types of enemies killed, number of minerals picked up, and Royal Assassin?
2. Are there any random factors, such as in how many enemies spawn?

None.

Mar 5 2010, 10:39 pm Gigins Post #86

No there isn't. Level 5-8 makes the difference.

And enemies spawn the same every time.

None.

Mar 6 2010, 12:30 am SoftWarewolf Post #87

Actually some of the enemies are a bit random, so the score could differ slightly by pure luck, but it shouldn't be to much of a problem, and i can fix it so its even more stable.

Anyone tried out the ensnare with 'R' and right click? its not very good atm, but just wait until next version.

I am working on my own community\blog for the game, as you can see here:
http://www.softwarewolf.net/scgol/

i will clean it up a bit to remove wordpress default stuff etc tomorrow.

None.

Mar 6 2010, 6:30 am EzDay281 Post #88

Actually some of the enemies are a bit random, so the score could differ slightly by pure luck, but it shouldn't be to much of a problem, and i can fix it so its even more stable.
What kind of difference might it make?
I tried seeing how high a score I could at all get, using cheats to give myself infinite psionic storm. My two tries varied by just about 1000 points - I'd be surprised if I didn't miss any minerals, but 500 seems difficult to imagine.

None.

Mar 6 2010, 8:48 am Gigins Post #89

Well until level 5 I have the same mineral amount every time. I don't pay that much attention later on. Maybe I should.

None.

Mar 9 2010, 4:21 pm Crenshinibon Post #90

I deceided to try this game out because I happen to love SC and a friend of mine recommeneded it to me, managed to get 2nd high score (Go me) and I was trying to get higher, was on the 5th lvl, full research, 5th weapon, was having no issues, then near the middle...my gun went from shooting off high powered plasma, to gatling gun. Figured it would fix itself and just kept running around killing the few ultralisks I had left and uprgraded with the minerals I made, looked to make sure I had the plasma gun upgraded, clicked to make sure I couldn't get it again and went onto the lvl, assuming it was fixed, fired off a few rounds and it was still the gatling gun...some sort or bug or something in the game? Thought I would bring it up incase it screws with a few other people.

None.

Mar 9 2010, 4:56 pm SoftWarewolf Post #91

You probably hit '2' by mistake, because 1,2,3,4,5 changes the current weapon ;)

i need to take a break from developing for a few days since i have a lot of schoolwork to do, and i am fixing up my flash game that can be found here!

Starcraft Goliath might be converted to flash as well ;)

None.

Mar 24 2010, 2:48 am Apos Post #92

I order you to forgive yourself!

Anything new? It's been a little while that the topic was inactive.

Apr 25 2010, 11:50 am SoftWarewolf Post #93

Been a long while, but now i got some big news :)
The game is now in flash, you can play the beta on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=111219058916805
Also the gem category is open, click it the first time you start to get 2 free gems, then you can win new ones after each game.
Higher score = more likely to get a gem and better gems.
If you write a good review for starcraft goliath on facebook i will send you the code for the special facebook friendly gem ;)

If you don't got facebook you can play it here: http://gameyey.com/starcraftgoliath.htm

None.

Apr 25 2010, 5:01 pm Zycorax Post #94

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

It lags pretty bad after the boss level :><:

Apr 25 2010, 7:21 pm SoftWarewolf Post #95

yes, i am aware unfortunately :\
Good job on your score though ;)
i made a bit fewer but stronger enemies, also added some new research!
and a couple new gems ;)
because i am nice, i'll let you guys on SEN have one of em, the code is "MADNESS"

Bloodthirst: Kills restore your health
Gooey: weapon 1&3 ensnares enemies
Explosive rounds: Machine gun deals double damage
Xel'naga: Enables storm with 'r'

be sure to play here! http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=111219058916805

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 25 2010, 8:20 pm by SoftWarewolf.

None.

Apr 25 2010, 9:44 pm Apos Post #96

I order you to forgive yourself!

I think the application version seemed better. Lag makes it harder.

Apr 26 2010, 11:53 am NudeRaider Post #97

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Doesn't work without facebook account. Where can I play/dl it?

Apr 26 2010, 1:50 pm SoftWarewolf Post #98

If you don't got facebook you can play it here: http://gameyey.com/starcraftgoliath.htm

None.

Apr 26 2010, 4:18 pm Zycorax Post #99

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Would it be possible to have the enemies spawn over a longer period of time in the later levels?

Apr 26 2010, 5:08 pm SoftWarewolf Post #100

well yeah, but then it would be a lot easier.
i think i just need to make some new enemies that are harder, and figure a way so theres never more than about 30 at the same time.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 78 >
  Back to forum