Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Return Lite Discussion
Return Lite Discussion
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 10 2010, 12:23 am
By: Centreri
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Jan 12 2010, 8:15 pm Centreri Post #41

Relatively ancient and inactive

Quote from DevliN
Oh, sorry, I meant in terms of specific moderators. I think the current mods of Serious Discussion are wonderful, but perhaps you guys who aren't a fan of their strict work wouldn't like them as Light Discussion moderators.
Eh. If it's a problem, I'll volunteer for a time. Wink wink, Moose.

None.

Jan 12 2010, 8:25 pm Excalibur Post #42

The sword and the faith

I don't think we need LD, I just think some people in SD need to learn how to take no for an answer.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jan 12 2010, 8:41 pm Centreri Post #43

I agree. Cecils, JaFFs and Vraels inability to accept my inability to follow their superfluous rules is astonishing. (joke)

None.

Jan 12 2010, 8:45 pm Vrael Post #44

Quote from Centreri
I agree. Cecils, JaFFs and Vraels inability to accept my inability to follow their superfluous rules is astonishing.
lol. Centreri is such a joker sometimes.

None.

Jan 12 2010, 10:06 pm Neki Post #45

I heard stories about SD, so I tend to shy away from there. LD would a welcome addition, and maybe I could eventually transfer to SD from there. ;)

None.

Jan 13 2010, 2:22 am CecilSunkure Post #46

Quote from Excalibur
I don't think we need LD, I just think some people in SD need to learn how to take no for an answer.
I agree to a certain point, but I also think that an LD forum would be a nice segue for certain people into the SD, a nice haven for those who just aren't quite ready to post with enough quality for the SD, and a good place for those that don't enjoy the higher standards (in terms of elegance) of the SD.

None.

Jan 14 2010, 8:14 pm Centreri Post #47

Moose, since the overwhelming majority of people here decided to go vouch for the idea, any news if, when and how its going to be implemented?

None.

Jan 14 2010, 8:16 pm Riney Post #48

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from CecilSunkure
(in terms of elegance)

And here I thought it was who could be the bigger dick...

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jan 17 2010, 4:42 pm Centreri Post #49

Moose isn't returning my PM's about this. :(

None.

Jan 17 2010, 11:46 pm CecilSunkure Post #50

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Quote from CecilSunkure
(in terms of elegance)

And here I thought it was who could be the bigger dick...
Well I didn't want to imply that one could spam or flame in the LD easier than the SD, so that's why I added in that clarification.

None.

Jan 18 2010, 11:28 pm Centreri Post #51

So... can anyone think of a reason to get the administration to respond? I've sent two PM's, mentioned it here (and am doing so again), and we should have enough for it - the vast majority of people posting here are pro-Light Discussion, and most of those against it have no reason to be against it (eg think that me being the messenger is enough to throw away the message).

None.

Jan 19 2010, 5:20 pm DevliN Post #52

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The best way is through the Staff Forum. Haha.

He's received your PMs. Bombarding Moose with more is probably the worst way to go about this.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jan 19 2010, 7:34 pm Moose Post #53

We live in a society.

I'm not sure when I developed a reputation for responding to nagging.

Jan 20 2010, 12:12 am Centreri Post #54

When you don't respond to anything else and give no reason for the lack of response, 'nagging' (two PM's...) is the only thing we can do. A simple 'I see no reason for it and nothing you say can convince me' would have stopped the accursed 'nagging'. Since the vast majority of the people here support the idea, and those who don't don't because I'm the one who suggested it, and you yourself noted that you saw no reason that it was removed, there is virtually no problem with creating a Light Discussion.

EDIT: Removed moderator bashing as phase one of my 'charm offensive'.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 24 2010, 12:33 am by Centreri.

None.

Jan 20 2010, 5:35 pm Norm Post #55

LD would be a good addition. Either that or replace the mods in SD, they really take the life / interest out of that place.

None.

Jan 20 2010, 6:37 pm ClansAreForGays Post #56

Although, that could easily be my ego acting up again
No, no. Definitely not.

Jan 22 2010, 7:18 pm Kyrax Post #57

Quote from Centreri
When you don't respond to anything else and give no reason for the lack of response, 'nagging' (two PM's...) is the only thing we can do. A simple 'I see no reason for it and nothing you say can convince me' (or the laziness-inclusive derivation) would have stopped the accursed 'nagging'. Since the vast majority of the people here support the idea, and those who don't don't because I'm the one who suggested it, and you yourself noted that you saw no reason that it was removed, there is virtually no problem with creating a Light Discussion.

Of course, in light of my recent punishment, you're rather unlikely to mitigate it by including a Light Discussion. And because it looks like that would be based simply around me, it's rather shameful. Although, that could easily be my ego acting up again, and you have inside knowledge that creating an LD would set off the Apocalypse that you simply can't share. :)

LD would be great to have again! SD is way too SERIOUS to have really good discussions without having things being deleted..Brown-nosing Moderators so they won't delete plausible points that they don't agree with is lame as hell.

Quote from Norm
LD would be a good addition. Either that or replace the mods in SD, they really take the life / interest out of that place.

Quoted for truth

None.

Jan 22 2010, 7:33 pm Vrael Post #58

SD is way too SERIOUS to have
Contradiction much?
Brown-nosing Moderators so they won't delete plausible points that they don't agree with is lame as hell.
Brown nosing me doesn't work. I will delete your post no matter whether I agree with it or not if it does not conform to the rules. Suck it up or don't post.

Either that or replace the mods in SD, they really take the life / interest out of that place.
If you want a shithole of a flaming forum, then I'd say yeah, remove me. Otherwise shut the hell up.

None.

Jan 22 2010, 7:45 pm Kyrax Post #59

Quote from Vrael
SD is way too SERIOUS to have
Contradiction much?
Brown-nosing Moderators so they won't delete plausible points that they don't agree with is lame as hell.
Brown nosing me doesn't work. I will delete your post no matter whether I agree with it or not if it does not conform to the rules. Suck it up or don't post.

Either that or replace the mods in SD, they really take the life / interest out of that place.
If you want a shithole of a flaming forum, then I'd say yeah, remove me. Otherwise shut the hell up.

No, its not a contradiction, but an implication that things are taken WAY too seriously there. I am with Centreri in his claims of such.

No offense, but is that your excuse for everything? "If you don't like it, don't post", "Suck it up or don't post", "Don't post"..That doesn't really help the situation of the abuse of power, now does it? Honestly, it sounds like a highly inflated egotistic remark: "I'm a mod, you're not. You don't like the fact I do what I want, don't post"...I've seen some plausible points I've brought up in SD, deleted by a mod (which just happened to be you, strangely enough) and the 'reason' was some lame excuse as to how it 'wasn't structured' enough or some other messed up thing like that.

Is the Serious Discussion sub-forum really about being so serious, too serious, that you steer away anyone from wanting to discuss in it, due to various reasons such as inflated egos, misinterpretation of rules, bad moderation, etc... ???

Why are you getting so defensive over someone wanting to bring back something that fixed a lot of problems with Moderation problems of SD in v4? Does one's opinion really give enough cause to start throwing out semi-vulgar responses because you simply do not like what they are bringing up in discussion?

None.

Jan 22 2010, 8:02 pm Vrael Post #60

Arg. I didn't mean to "yell." My bad for being vulgar.

First, understand this:
I am not paid to moderate SD. I get nothing out of spending my time applying the rules except a sense of service in upholding the quality of the site we know as SEN. I have no delusions of "power" since I don't base my existence off the internet. All I do on SEN is click some buttons and modify some values in IP's server's memory, that's not any kind of real power. Any abuse thereof you speak of has nothing to do with me. I keep things in perspective.

Secondly, I make no excuses. I have not made a single moderatory action that I did not have reason for or that I regret. Not one. If you want to speak about "bad moderation" give me a reasonable argument as to why my actions have been invalid, and don't give me this "egotistic" or "misinterpretation" nonsense, that has nothing to do with how I apply the rules.

Thirdly, read the SEN terms of service. It clearly states that your membership is understood to be "mutually exclusive." You are not obligated to post on SEN, so if you're not going to follow the rules don't post. Better no posts than 1000 spam posts, especially in SD.

I'm not getting defensive about bringing back LD. I think that's a poor idea, but that's also separate. I'm getting defensive about your attacks on my moderation.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum