Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Alright, really?
Alright, really?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 6 2009, 10:53 pm
By: ToA  

Oct 7 2009, 10:09 pm Greo Post #21

I can read his font quite nicely. This is a pointless thread, though.

None.

Oct 7 2009, 10:17 pm Vrael Post #22

Quote from Excalibur
I am disinclined to do anything about something when most of the people complaining about it do nothing to help SEN in the first place.

Lolol. <- Double lol. Yeah that's right.

Whats with people and high horses nowadays? What ever happened to the good ol' "DONT JUDGE ME, U DUN KNOW ME" nonsense? It's almost preferrable to the reek of unjustified superiority.

Where are our hunters who live by skill and experience, rather than the interest that wealth accumulates by idly sitting in a bank?

OH THATS RIGHT, SILLY ME, this is the INTERNET isn't it? My bad my bad, I forgot that competence is not required, persistence is a substitute for substance, and the consequences of one's actions are disjoined from the action itself.

Well isn't that the darndest thing?

None.

Oct 7 2009, 10:22 pm InsolubleFluff Post #23

I can't read the font, I find it hard to read and I think ToA is wrong for it.

He broke the rules, but not only that, he broke my heart.

It's not a big deal like you all said, that's why he'll stop and he'll conform to the norm.

None.

Oct 7 2009, 10:24 pm Centreri Post #24

Relatively ancient and inactive

It took Doodan maybe a minute to reprimand (or whatever he did) Toa. Now WE'RE the ones wasting time on this, and this time-wasting was initiated by you when you criticized the action taken.

Additionally, some rules are there for a reason (others less so :P). If someone can't read a post, then that post is a waste of loading time, of scrolling time, of memory, whatever. If Toa can't conform to some rules (like proper text size), then he's wasting resources and should be dealt with. It's really not hard to stop.

None.

Oct 7 2009, 10:26 pm DevliN Post #25

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Excalibur
I'm guessing this topic resulted from some moderator saying something to you ToA, and I'm sorry they did. Honestly, the frivolous things you people waste your time on. You'd be better off handling reports, and if you don't have any, go contribute to the zine or make a map or something. Keep an eye on Op SEN, which can always use a mod watching it. Christ.
I'm guessing this topic resulted from the topic in the Staff Lounge about "Boundaries for Post Text Modification." Moose was the first one to respond with:
http://www.staredit.net/?faq=2#bbcode_abuse
Gratuitous use of BBCode, such as making many posts all bold or all links is also a viloation. A rule of thumb is that no tag other than color should affect an entire post.

To me, that implies that he agrees it is against the rules and that's all that matters.

EDIT:
Quote from Excalibur
And that is why if anyone lower than Moose/IP has a problem with this harmless post formatting, I'd like them to speak to me about it.
Half the posts in this thread (figuratively speaking) are from staff members under Moose/IP. IP chimed in once (and it seems like he agreed with reprimanding ToA), and Moose responded in the Staff thread (also implying that ToA was breaking rules). What more do we need?

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 7 2009, 11:14 pm Jack Post #26

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from DT_Battlekruser
I have to agree; I am seriously disappointed in Ex's unprofessional behavior on a topic like the rules. I think it is pretty inappropriate for a member of the Staff to publicly flame other Staff members (twice):

and I'm sorry they did. Honestly, the frivolous things you people waste your time on. You'd be better off handling reports, and if you don't have any, go contribute to the zine or make a map or something. Keep an eye on Op SEN, which can always use a mod watching it. Christ.

I think this was a completely valid point. I would prefer people stopped worrying about things that do not matter (ToA's text, or his posts in general) and started being productive. I am disinclined to do anything about something when most of the people complaining about it do nothing to help SEN in the first place.

I was aware, I simply don't think ToA's little [sub]ing is annoying or at all unreasonable. I'm entirely disappointed that so much effort has been spent on such a trivial thing. There are few things that I can think of on SEN that need less attention than ToA's posts. :P
It may not be annoying to you, but it's annoying to others, and that should be enough.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 7 2009, 11:36 pm Doodan Post #27

Quote from Centreri
It took Doodan maybe a minute to reprimand (or whatever he did) Toa. Now WE'RE the ones wasting time on this, and this time-wasting was initiated by you when you criticized the action taken.

More like 30 seconds. :P

Gratuitous use of BBCode is against the rules. Look it up. When I read the post I edited, I was like "WTF? I can barely read that." So I edited it (I also capitalized the first word in all of his sentences - another habit of his I find annoying) and increased the severity to show I was serious. And like I said, it took around 30 seconds. To those arguing about the staff having better things to do than penalize stuff like this, compare those 30 seconds to the half hour (maybe more) I spent writing the posts in the Null topic concerning the improvement of SEN. I am certainly spending more time trying to boost the morale of the general membership than I am dealing with pesky post regulations.

Toa, seriously, I think you are smarter than you're acting. I think that for whatever reason, you prefer to put yourself in a position to feel victimized because you apparently need to feel victimized by something. It reminds me of when you kept following Yoshi around and annoying him. He even banned you and told you what he honestly thought, yet you kept it up. I know you know better. It's not hard to get other people to like you for who you are. Just be honest, polite, and try to follow the rules. It's that easy and you'll gain respect from it sooner than you think. I think you are at least partially aware of it when you're putting yourself in a position to get lambasted by others for no good reason. Next time you get that intuition, please think twice about what you're doing.

None.

Oct 7 2009, 11:46 pm Syphon Post #28

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
There was some guy in v4 (I forgot have name :x)
and he did this too, I didn't see any complaints then :/

I believe valug and vrael used to do it.

Toa, haven't you been unbanned like 3 times?

Just eat the fucking muffin. The only person in the history of SeN explicitly allowed to use a formatting that wasn't colour, was nuclearrabbit's green centered posting.

None.

Oct 7 2009, 11:47 pm ToA Post #29

Que Sera, Sera.

Quote from Syphon
Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
There was some guy in v4 (I forgot have name :x)
and he did this too, I didn't see any complaints then :/

I believe valug and vrael used to do it.

Toa, haven't you been unbanned like 3 times?

Just eat the fucking muffin. The only person in the history of SeN explicitly allowed to use a formatting that wasn't colour, was nuclearrabbit's green centered posting.

and valug, I'm done with the issue, just saying, i don't believe I've been banned that many times

edit: beat me to the punch

Oct 7 2009, 11:54 pm Vrael Post #30

and vrael used to do it.
Use subscripts?

None.

Oct 8 2009, 12:15 am MadZombie Post #31

Immature should world filter to "artsy"

Im still a little "wat?" when people say "I can't read that". It seems clear as day and I need glasses. Maybe a skin thing.

None.

Oct 8 2009, 12:17 am Falkoner Post #32

I think this was a completely valid point. I would prefer people stopped worrying about things that do not matter (ToA's text, or his posts in general) and started being productive. I am disinclined to do anything about something when most of the people complaining about it do nothing to help SEN in the first place.

Which is easier, ToA not hitting the sub button every time he makes a post, or everyone having to deal with obnoxiously smaller text? Yes, it's readable, but it's at the current size for comfortable reading, so why go through extra effort just to create an eyesore?
I agree with Symmetry, he is basically trolling, it wouldn't hurt him to stop, but he is continuing because he wants to stick it to the man. Right now the majority is suffering for a very tiny minority, and that's just wrong, especially when it would actually take less effort for ToA to post normally than it would for him to do it the way he is now.

None.

Oct 8 2009, 5:04 am DT_Battlekruser Post #33

As has been said, it is not the point that matters but how you express it. You demeaned the work of the staff by calling it "frivolous", you used profanity in your admonition, and you insinuate it is your job to order us around.

Anyway, the main point of this topic has, I think, been resolved.

None.

Oct 8 2009, 5:13 am DevliN Post #34

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I think the topic has served its purpose.

Closed.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Options
  Back to forum