Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: ][cy and Mog Bant
][cy and Mog Bant
Sep 29 2009, 1:51 am
By: Icy_
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Sep 29 2009, 12:49 pm MadZombie Post #21

Quote from name:zany_001

Quite honestly, I only come to Op SEN because inferno and ultimo and MZ are generally there, spamming away.
In my defense, Op SEN is a barren wasteland. Nobody cares what happens their so I "lulz" there all the time because nobody cares. Kinda lame if nobody enforces behavior and then all of a sudden start it. Thats like telling people out of no where that they can no longer smoke.

A warning next time pl0x.

None.

Sep 29 2009, 12:54 pm DevliN Post #22

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That's sort of what happened when no smoking laws came into effect. One day there was no law, the next it was illegal.

Consider this thread a warning, I guess.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 29 2009, 1:14 pm InsolubleFluff Post #23

Phrase ban loads of meme's and people will soon learn.

None.

Sep 29 2009, 1:47 pm Moose Post #24

We live in a society.

Quote from MadZombie
People that are dicking around, acting stupid and being immature or disruptive are subjecting themselves to moderatory action.
You are now warned.

Quote from name:Shocko
Phrase ban loads of meme's and people will soon learn.
Amazingly enough, people will see someone get banned for the same phraseban five or ten times, do it themselves and get banned, and then still complain to me.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 29 2009, 1:54 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Sep 29 2009, 2:19 pm InsolubleFluff Post #25

Why not start suspending actual accounts on SEN as well :P?

None.

Sep 29 2009, 2:31 pm MadZombie Post #26

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from MadZombie
People that are dicking around, acting stupid and being immature or disruptive are subjecting themselves to moderatory action.
You are now warned.
We are talking about Op SEN though right? This in idle/greeting message form is needed. gosh. X(

None.

Sep 29 2009, 2:35 pm Neki Post #27

Quote from name:Shocko
Why not start suspending actual accounts on SEN as well :P?
Different names on B.net compared to SEN? :P Like mine, for example.

None.

Sep 29 2009, 4:59 pm ClansAreForGays Post #28

Quote from Excalibur
There are proper ways to contest moderation, this is not one of them.
Well actually... http://www.staredit.net/topic/7528/

Also, even if you think op sen deserves utmost strictness to combat its rapid rate of decline, there are some moderator actions that can not be tolerated. I can't remember if it was Ex or mrrll, but said person actually phase banned "temple siege" & "ts" That's just total bullshit.

Sep 29 2009, 6:18 pm Excalibur Post #29

The sword and the faith

I never phrase banned TS. But I think I am going to have some phrase kicks, I'm going to discuss it with Moose.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 29 2009, 7:34 pm Centreri Post #30

Relatively ancient and inactive

The problems of the channel run far deeper than the obvious and outward symptoms of this incident.
Granted. But in this particular case, the original offense was nowhere near the level of crudeness I would think necessitates a ban. If there's a general problem, focus on that problem; trying to eliminate everything remotely resembling it is another matter.

Plus, really, who's being hurt if people screw with each other in the channel, as long as they're not actually hurting each others feelings? SEN is a map-making website, not an altruistic heaven. The channel has people willing to help, and if they can't, they redirect to the website. I don't think a little kidding around hurts anyone here. Calling a friend a fag in a friendly tone is very different from saying 'suck ur dirty nigga ass u nigga', as per CAFG's linked thread. THAT person should be banned for several days. This is very different.

None.

Sep 29 2009, 7:38 pm Jack Post #31

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Although, I've met people in the channel asking for help that didn't realise there was a SEN site.
We can thank maxx for one thing though: most of the TSidiots have gone to Op TSC, leaving(in general) TS people who say GG and go look for another game, instead of endless trashtalking. Now it's only part time trash.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 29 2009, 8:25 pm Moose Post #32

We live in a society.

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Quote from Excalibur
There are proper ways to contest moderation, this is not one of them.
Well actually... http://www.staredit.net/topic/7528/
The difference being that you didn't really do anything wrong and didn't try to justify it by pointing out that other people have done worse.

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Also, even if you think op sen deserves utmost strictness to combat its rapid rate of decline, there are some moderator actions that can not be tolerated. I can't remember if it was Ex or mrrll, but said person actually phase banned "temple siege" & "ts" That's just total bullshit.
That is bias and will not be tolerated. I wish you had brought it to my attention while it was relevant.

Quote from Excalibur
I never phrase banned TS. But I think I am going to have some phrase kicks, I'm going to discuss it with Moose.
Kicks mean so little. Typing "/j op sen" to get back in is easy. Many bots rejoin automatically when kicked. We either need statistics on who is kicked the most often that we can on or timed bans on the second or third kick. Kicking by itself wouldn't be useful.

Quote from Centreri
SEN is a map-making website, not an altruistic heaven.
And modding. :)
But often, the state of the channel would make you second guess even the first option.

Sep 29 2009, 8:59 pm Vi3t-X Post #33

Bots have IP bans and tracking powers. Just saying. :bleh:

None.

Sep 30 2009, 1:44 am poison_us Post #34

Back* from the grave

I would rather have no channel than low quality garbage that ruins SEN's reputation and image in the community.
It's the internet...mostly of children, and teenagers. What do you expect?
I agree, but it's something along the lines of "what can you do"?

Sep 30 2009, 1:51 am MadZombie Post #35

Quote from poison_us
I would rather have no channel than low quality garbage that ruins SEN's reputation and image in the community.
It's the internet...mostly of children, and teenagers. What do you expect?
I agree, but it's something along the lines of "what can you do"?
Not for nothing but aren't these people on SEN doing it here too? The difference is that their aren't enough active people in Op SEN that are respectable. If only people had the time, can't be helped i guess.

imo of course.

None.

Sep 30 2009, 3:14 am Riney Post #36

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Excalibur
Kicks mean so little. Typing "/j op sen" to get back in is easy. Many bots rejoin automatically when kicked. We either need statistics on who is kicked the most often that we can on or timed bans on the second or third kick. Kicking by itself wouldn't be useful.

I can write you a stealthbot script in a matter of an hour that kicks a user 3 times then bans them till the bot logs off.

Lets talk

.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Oct 1 2009, 12:00 am poison_us Post #37

Back* from the grave

Quote from MadZombie
The difference is that their aren't enough active people in Op SEN that are respectable.

That's why I've pretty much voided op SEN. It's gotten bad enough for me to go straight to the void after I login. Dark_marine, is that an IP ban, or just SN ban?

Oct 1 2009, 12:07 am dumbducky Post #38

I don't think bots can track IP addresses across Bnet.

tits

Oct 1 2009, 12:46 am poison_us Post #39

Back* from the grave

Quote from dumbducky
I don't think bots can track IP addresses across Bnet.
Quote from Vi3t-X
Bots have IP bans and tracking powers. Just saying. :bleh:

Oct 1 2009, 1:48 am Riney Post #40

Thigh high affectionado

They do NOT have IP tracking. They simply mute then unmute a person. When this happens, all accounts on that are muted, thus recorded until bot shutdown.

At least thats how SB works.

.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum