Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Hero Sanctuary v1.10
Hero Sanctuary v1.10
Sep 26 2009, 8:33 pm
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 « 29 30 31 32 3344 >

Jan 3 2010, 10:53 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #601

um... I'm doing the psycho... I'll try to get that story finished in the next couple days.

None.

Jan 4 2010, 7:36 am Mace_37 Post #602

Hey, I just discovered this game and I think its wicked.
I do have one comment about it though.
I would really appreciate it if there was a way to know what level I'm at, maybe make it my character's maximum supply, or rotate the kills with the player levels.
Just a thought, but I think it will lead to better character building for the players.

None.

Jan 4 2010, 8:43 am Lt.Church Post #603

my only title gripe i wish i had was a samurai resource counter like just 3 resource patches by the artifact/life area with set quantities to whatever amount you have collected so far; i mean i could just tab it on a sheet of paper but i never have that handy XP whatever still epic map

None.

Jan 4 2010, 2:40 pm Norm Post #604

Quote from Mace_37
Hey, I just discovered this game and I think its wicked.

Thanks =).

Quote from Mace_37
I do have one comment about it though.
I would really appreciate it if there was a way to know what level I'm at, maybe make it my character's maximum supply, or rotate the exp with the player levels.

Just a thought, but I think it will lead to better character building for the players.

It'll be in 1.04 along with some balance fixes, but you're going to have to wait a while for it.

None.

Jan 4 2010, 11:50 pm Xero Post #605

Ooo, the display for player levels will be a pretty good idea. It'll let other players know which char is more dangerous :P

None.

Jan 4 2010, 11:59 pm Alzarath Post #606

Praetor

Wonderful map. I've played it a bit online. imo, funner than TS. The only thing I hate is characters that can get away and prosper from spells doing all the work while they sit comfortably in their base. I've also seen balance problems and stuff that just isn't lore proper. For instance, the Hydralisk can have like, infinite broodlings, but the Goon can only have around 3 skeletons.

None.

Jan 5 2010, 12:16 am Mace_37 Post #607

Quote from name:Artanis186
For instance, the Hydralisk can have like, infinite broodlings, but the Goon can only have around 3 skeletons.

I don't think that's really an advantage for the hydra. The broodlings are quite vulnerable all the time, and the skeletons can be upgraded; you can get more of them only if you leave your base with them and attack with your dragoon. I don't think that this is a disadvantage for the goon.

None.

Jan 5 2010, 1:06 am Xero Post #608

You can summon up to 3 skeletons with spell 1. You can summon more if you get power upgrades. To get more skeletons, build spires (max 4), and get kills. Every time you get a kill, there is a chance for you to summon another skeleton. Max is 12 skeletons.

None.

Jan 5 2010, 2:55 am Norm Post #609

Quote from name:Artanis186
Wonderful map. I've played it a bit online. imo, funner than TS. The only thing I hate is characters that can get away and prosper from spells doing all the work while they sit comfortably in their base. I've also seen balance problems and stuff that just isn't lore proper. For instance, the Hydralisk can have like, infinite broodlings, but the Goon can only have around 3 skeletons.

There are some imbalances, but make sure you understand the game completely before you want to approach them. For example, max broodlings for CoM is 23 (i think) and the maximum amount of skeletons the Necro can have 12reg + 6greaters. Also, CoM loses broodlings after using l2 or l3 in hydra form or l2 in lurker form (deadly underused combo), where as Necro's skeletons are a lot more survivable late game due to his l2 spell recall and healing them.

Quote from Xero
Ooo, the display for player levels will be a pretty good idea. It'll let other players know which char is more dangerous :P

Yeah, I've been considering adding it since BT5, but never did. I'll do it in the next version.

None.

Jan 5 2010, 3:56 am fat_flying_pigs Post #610

I'm confused. How do the players have "levels"? Isn't that just a difference of exp? And wouldn't exp be more accurate, since one can see exactly how much stronger an enemy is?

Also, how often do heroes get civs?

None.

Jan 5 2010, 4:15 am Neki Post #611

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
I'm confused. How do the players have "levels"? Isn't that just a difference of exp? And wouldn't exp be more accurate, since one can see exactly how much stronger an enemy is?

You get a civ every time you level up.

None.

Jan 5 2010, 4:21 am Norm Post #612

Quote from name:Ultimo
Quote from fat_flying_pigs

You get a civ every time you level up.

This. EXP is not the same as level because the exp requirement difference from level to level increases as you progress. You receive one stat civ each time you level up, and the maximum level you can reach is 55 - which means the most civs you can get in a game is 56 (including the one you start with.)

None.

Jan 5 2010, 5:29 am Xero Post #613

Has anyone reached level 55 before? o.o

None.

Jan 5 2010, 5:41 am fat_flying_pigs Post #614

Quote from Xero

I think I might have... I got 3,000 + exp that one game... (which is why rine is my favorite hero :D )

None.

Jan 5 2010, 5:43 am ImagoDeo Post #615

Quote from Norm
the most civs you can get in a game is 56 (including the one you start with.)

...unless you're playing in Sandbox mode, which I've done. It's neat.

None.

Jan 5 2010, 1:30 pm Norm Post #616

Quote from Xero

Not that I've seen. The most EXP I've ever seen someone get is around ~4.5k - which would put them at level 54.

Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from Norm
the most civs you can get in a game is 56 (including the one you start with.)

...unless you're playing in Sandbox mode, which I've done. It's neat.

> > Meant in a normal match. Even though, yeah, unlimited stat points in Sandbox is pretty cool.

None.

Jan 5 2010, 4:16 pm Arxtar Post #617

in 1.04 you should give the necro an evolution chamber to upgrade the greater skeletons caraspace

None.

Jan 5 2010, 6:53 pm ImagoDeo Post #618

Quote from Norm
> > Meant in a normal match. Even though, yeah, unlimited stat points in Sandbox is pretty cool.

No kidding. =P MM is pretty pwnage with sixty attack upgrades on the siege tank. (Yes, I spammed Strength for the heck of it.)

It'd be nice to have some kind of visible limit in-game for the various things you can use your civs for. I mean, it's obviously impossible to get full vitality AND full MP AND all your powers - so let players see how many points they can still spend on vitality and MP, at the very least.

None.

Jan 5 2010, 8:15 pm MEMEME670 Post #619

Quote from Norm
Quote from Xero

Not that I've seen. The most EXP I've ever seen someone get is around ~4.5k - which would put them at level 54.

(First, regarding most of my comments that will be made from here on. Unless i state that i have tested it and believe it to be 100% op/imba/whatever, i dont expect it to fully op, and expect it to get shot down easily. Also, because my CD key is muted and the resulting ability of me to play SC, considering i cant host, is very very low, I likely will not be on SC that much, and may fall out of sync with the game, atleast until SCII. Because of this, ill probably post here less, but ill still be watching, pointing out things i can see by text that may need to be considered (see below) and such. I will play whenever i can get on and find a game, however.)

This i feel should at least be worked on, but if its known as balanced, just tell me and ill proly shut up. (This is the same with most of my griefs norm, their just on the moment thoughts, although this isnt, but ingame unless i come to the forum and post something, i dont mean it, most of the time. I greif mostly because i know your game isnt fully balanced yet, and ill always be looking for imbas.)

Now, huge bracketed paragraphs aside, i feel the current exp scaling could use a look at.

I cant test this ingame (as for sandbox mode, have a night/day switcher ( i have to wat so long just to get a short use of my night spells...) and a way to spawn an enemy hero so i can test things like tiamats and CoC. Maybe a thing that i can choose to turn it practice mode when we have other people, so this would be possible. This also allows testing of realistic damage output.

Now, back to the exp scaling. You get INSANE levels really quickly, and then, very quickly, you stop levelling nearly as fast. This creates an almost illegible start game, except for the capping phase, and because the spawns dont change that much, your exp gain doesnt change that much.

Possibly broken concepts (just conceptually.)

Necro spamming strength...
Psycho stunlock near base.
CW, no offence in day, no slows at night.
Spawnrushing.

^May not all be right at all. if you wanna shoot me down, do so please, i would appreciate it (assuming its done well) If you dont understand my thinking on these, ill explain.

None.

Jan 5 2010, 10:00 pm Norm Post #620

Quote from Arxtar
in 1.04 you should give the necro an evolution chamber to upgrade the greater skeletons caraspace

No.

Quote from ImagoDeo
I mean, it's obviously impossible to get full vitality AND full MP AND all your powers - so let players see how many points they can still spend on vitality and MP, at the very least.

You can put 15 stat points in Magic.
You can put 18 stat points in Vitality.
You can put 10 stat points in Power.
If you do this, you have 13 Stat points remaining to put into Strength or Spawn Level. - Assuming that you reach the maximum Level (55).

The game tells you when you reach the maximum potential for a stat. For example, "You have reached the Highest Power Level" once you have invested 10 points into Power.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 29 30 31 32 3344 >
  Back to forum