Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Hero Sanctuary v1.10
Hero Sanctuary v1.10
Sep 26 2009, 8:33 pm
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 « 28 29 30 31 3244 >

Dec 28 2009, 4:03 pm Norm Post #581

Alright, so I hope everyone is kinda enjoying 1.01 at least a little bit.

Unfortunately, (most of you are prolly aware of it as well). Several glitches/exploits/imbalances have been discovered in 1.01. Now, I have good and bad news about this and I'll tell you the good news first:

1.02 is currently being worked on.

Yeah, now the bad news:

1.02 is coming along slowly because I've been very busy during this holiday season.

What's this all mean? Who knows. I would like to HOPEFULLY complete 1.02 before the end of the year. Is this going to happen? Probably not. That's okay though, because I can probably release 1.02 by the end of the first week of the new year.

That's all for now. Thanks for playing my map everyone, I'll keep pumping out improvements as long as there are still people willing to play them.

None.

Dec 28 2009, 5:04 pm MEMEME670 Post #582

Quote from name:Norm-
Unfortunately, (most of you are prolly aware of it as well). Several glitches/exploits/imbalances have been discovered in 1.01.

None of these are anything i complained about. of this im 80% sure.

Although i think the reason i complain is because people dont find the innate synergies with the characters as easily, due to them not being nearly as obvious or as synergized.

Is this your fault? Maybe. Will it change as the metagame grows? Yes, slowly.

None.

Dec 28 2009, 6:24 pm Norm Post #583

Quote from MEMEME670
None of these are anything i complained about. of this im 80% sure.

Indeed, nothing to get defensive about. The changes into 1.02 are things that I have observed myself, or tested after hearing second hand from people who play a lot.

Also, there are a lot of good synergies between the different characters... Some are obvious (MM+AI anyone, Serpent + Necro), some are less so.

None.

Dec 28 2009, 11:36 pm Norm Post #584

Good News!

I will MOST LIKELY complete 1.02 before the end of December.
Thank you for your patience.

None.

Dec 28 2009, 11:40 pm OlimarandLouie Post #585

$5 says he finishes it at 11:55 pm on Dec. 31st

None.

Dec 28 2009, 11:52 pm Xero Post #586

Thanks to the new things added for Illusionist, I find myself playing Illu more often now.

None.

Dec 29 2009, 12:52 am Lt.Church Post #587

yeah i'm loving the thunder from power manifest gives much more use for his spell 1 and also gives a feeling that it really is manifested of power when it shoots off lightning; the first time i sent my body behind someone, to warp to it when running away from my partner was good times ~

None.

Dec 30 2009, 2:47 am Norm Post #588

Check OP for 1.02 release. We'll let this one chill for a while, but I sense that a 1.03 will be needed sometime in January.

None.

Dec 30 2009, 1:44 pm Norm Post #589

If anyone downloaded this directly from me before the PATCH, please re-download. Thanks.

None.

Dec 30 2009, 2:39 pm ForTheSwarm Post #590

I'd like to try this out but there's no one to play it with. ;(

None.

Dec 30 2009, 2:42 pm Norm Post #591

Quote from ForTheSwarm
I'd like to try this out but there's no one to play it with. ;(

Get online.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 12:16 am Lt.Church Post #592

question, I've never tried it but for the spawn upgrade can it be multiple team members or do you have to get all 7 yourself, I've only upgraded alone so thought id ask.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 2:31 am Norm Post #593

Quote from Lt.Church
question, I've never tried it but for the spawn upgrade can it be multiple team members or do you have to get all 7 yourself, I've only upgraded alone so thought id ask.

LoL, it's a team thing. 7 stat points would be a big commitment for something so easily countered in comparison to the investment.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 3:03 am Norm Post #594

And if anyone wondering, 1.03 due out within the next week.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 6:53 pm MEMEME670 Post #595

In 1.02, RM sci vessel l4 atleast tells you that your disabled, right?

None.

Dec 31 2009, 9:04 pm Norm Post #596

Hero Sanct 1.03

It's beautiful.

Bug Fixes are listed below:

Wing Boots
AI transformation
Necro Mining Exploit
Necro + Wing Boots
Last Life Bonus w/ Probe
Samurai Offensive Stance
Detonation Spell misplaced

Also some balance things...

Attachments:
Hero Sanctuary [1.03].scx
Hits: 20 Size: 417.32kb

None.

Jan 1 2010, 8:15 am Lt.Church Post #597

Quote from Norm
Hero Sanct 1.03

It's beautiful.

Bug Fixes are listed below:

Wing Boots
AI transformation
Necro Mining Exploit
Necro + Wing Boots
Last Life Bonus w/ Probe
Samurai Offensive Stance
Detonation Spell misplaced

Also some balance things...

uhh question again on bolded, would it be possible to add a message for when the "configuring" was done, i dont like guessing or trying to time it and not getting it and clicking too many time then uncentering off hero ; i know its not big or nothin but itd be nice i think..

is the bonus when youre on last life and have a probe, or do you get one or what? o_o

also what was wrong with offensive stance?

None.

Jan 1 2010, 2:14 pm Xero Post #598

This is just a small thing I noticed in the new version. Wing boots will occasionally spawn as either white or neutral blue. It didn't cause any major issues I think. In the end, the wing boots will be white in your inventory.

None.

Jan 2 2010, 3:25 am Norm Post #599

Quote from Xero
This is just a small thing I noticed in the new version. Wing boots will occasionally spawn as either white or neutral blue. It didn't cause any major issues I think. In the end, the wing boots will be white in your inventory.

We already went over this and it was agreed that the color discrepancy was a small price to pay for a glitch-free wing boot system.

None.

Jan 3 2010, 5:42 pm Norm Post #600

Well, there have been doubts, but HS finally found it's way into the map showcase.

I know it's exciting and all... I know I know I'm happy too.

Unfortunately, the time for celebration is over now because we must focus on the final completion of the map:

1. Backstories: Still needed for Psychopath, Rune Mage, Serpent, Mind Machine, Creature of Mist

The ones I have for Ninja, Samurai, and Alchemist are going to go through a bit of editing soon and be included in the game.

2. Balancing. I have a general idea that 4-5 characters are still slight OP compared to the others. I'm going to need to play more matches to see for sure, but I'm pretty sure some tweaking is gunna have to be done - nothing major - but some stuff for sure (some characters might get revamp like illu did, but less so if it happens). If anyone IS EXPERIENCED and can tell their opinions about the balancing and each individual character it'd help me wrap up these loose ends and we'd have a final-ish version to work with.

please, DO NOT give balance opinions if you don't have at least 50 matches under your belt. please, DO NOT give balance opinions if you haven't even played all the characters. Thank you in advanced.

ONE LAST THING

I have heard rumors of a 1.05 version floating around that someone else must've modified from one of my versions. If you see this, please do not play it.... and please do not host it whatever you do. If there is an unofficial HS floating around, it prolly sucks so just stick with 1.03 - the official version. Let me repeat:

ONLY PLAY 1.03 AS OF RIGHT NOW. IT'S THE CURRENT OFFICIAL VERSION, NO OTHER VERSION SHOULD BE GETTING PLAYED!

That's it for now. Thanks for the help everyone.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 28 29 30 31 3244 >
  Back to forum