Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 86 87 88 89 90117 >

Jul 3 2010, 5:36 pm Forsaken Archer Post #1741

2) Lack of TPing when people tower dive. I know I fail here to.
I ALREADY SAID THAT DEV. I AM SELF AWARE.

None.

Jul 3 2010, 10:30 pm Sand Wraith Post #1742

she/her

I tend to overestimate the enemy.

If it were up to me, we'd be going in when the kill is certain, not so much when there is risk. Also, we need to plan more and earlier, especially in early lane situation. We're getting a pretty good start thanks to the mics, but there are a lot of times when our playstyles don't really match. E.g. I'm usually playing very cautious with Sand Wraith, staying back and running to the creep line only to snipe, but IP has a relatively more aggressive playstyle that is excruciatingly difficult for me to cope with when I'm SW.

Also, I'm usually last-hitting with WS 'cause I'm mad or something, which is basically the only time I play WS, and also why I go for Harkon's. 'Cause I'm mad. :flamer: madmadmadmad

Jul 4 2010, 12:11 am Demented Shaman Post #1743

We should all tank our PSR to 1100 and then we can just play pubstomps all the time and stop bothering trying to play serious games, because ya'll are so bad and will never get any better.

None.

Jul 4 2010, 1:10 am Neki Post #1744

You guys are awesome, I miss this. To be honest, I usually buy too much homecoming stones. I also TP behind towers before a push so I can get a good arrow off. I also sometimes play mid for IP because he likes the side lanes, but personally, I hate the pressure of mid because I'm very roamy as a valk.

None.

Jul 4 2010, 2:55 am Demented Shaman Post #1745

gg. I lost a 5v3 in a 63 minute game. My team was me as SR, Succ, Panda, Zephyr, and DS against Polly, SS, and Gladiator. Probably the most pathetic loss ever, especially with all the cc on our team it's ridiculous. On the bright side, I'm trying to tank my PSR so I wanted to lose in the first place, but it's still pathetic to lose a 5v3.

None.

Jul 4 2010, 3:33 pm Sand Wraith Post #1746

she/her

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=127291 <-- HoN Banlist manager.

Start sharing your banlists. Import, then Commit. I've already attached my banlist.

Or, Export and attach.

Also attached to this post are my custom hotkeys. To implement, open the console (CTRL+F8) and type in

Code
call "hydro's hotkeys.cfg"

My hotkeys set SHIFT+Q (or W E R) to level up the corresponding abilities. Additionally, ALT+F4 for quitting HoN and ALT+SHIFT+F4 for disconnecting.
To them, open up the *.cfg with notepad.

EDIT:
For some SQL reason, I can't attach the *.CFG file.

Here's the code instead.
Code
BindImpulse game SHIFT+Q Cmd "LevelUpAbility 0"
BindImpulse game SHIFT+W Cmd "LevelUpAbility 1"
BindImpulse game SHIFT+E Cmd "LevelUpAbility 2"
BindImpulse game SHIFT+R Cmd "LevelUpAbility 3"
BindImpulse game SHIFT+F Cmd "LevelUpAbility 4"
Bind ALT+F4 quit
Bind ALT+SHIFT+F4 disconnect

Jul 4 2010, 7:14 pm Demented Shaman Post #1747

lolololol i just went 20/0/14 in a stats no respawn timer game as SR. The team score was like 80-30 in my team's favor. I had like 10 charges on my sac stone.

lol at the end chronos tried to ult me and started attacking me, but my health bar wasn't even moving so he went to another of my teammates, lolololololol. then i ulted him and he got owned.

None.

Jul 4 2010, 9:07 pm Demented Shaman Post #1748

Wow, pubs are so fucking stupid. I played my first game as chipper and completely raped the other team going 5-0-1. The team score was 19-2 and yet the noob FA is calling me a noob and whines the whole time saying I'm not "ganking" and saying I suck when I raped. What a fucking moron. And we still forced a 15 minute concede.

Oh yea, and FA was so fucking bad he gets my winged courier killed.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 4 2010, 9:22 pm by Demented Shaman.

None.

Jul 5 2010, 3:45 am Demented Shaman Post #1749

my keeper rapes. i got 13 minute post haste, 30 minute mock, and 40 minute heart. i could improve my farming though, i don't do enough ancients. went 2/1/12

None.

Jul 5 2010, 6:29 am Decency Post #1750

You need a Portal Key or your keeper is shit against a good team. Not rare to see people get it even before boots, and I don't think I've seen anyone go Post Haste but that's generally for heroes that need to move around the map a lot to farm, which is not what Keeper does...

None.

Jul 5 2010, 6:48 am Sand Wraith Post #1751

she/her

Mathcrafting...

Post Haste = 2700 gold.
Homecoming Stone = 135 gold.

2700 gold / 135 gold = 20.

However, the rate at which one can use Homecoming Stones is limited to 60 seconds (1 min) per Stone.
Thus, 20 Homecoming Stones can be used every 20 minutes. However, one is more likely to use 1 Stone every 2 minutes. Thus, 20 Stones might stretch into 40 minutes. By the 40 minute mark, such heavy farmers probably should have Post Haste.

Eh, in the end, it doesn't feel like Post Haste is really worth it on a bunch of Heroes. It feels more like a pubstomp item, since no decent team is going to let you farm that unless your farm is inevitable, e.g. SS.

Can anyone else confirm, deny, submit something insight?

I guess it could be rushed, like a 10min Pebbles with PK, but something like a 12min Post Haste feels like quite a bit of sacrifice to a Hero such as KotF, or SW.

Jul 5 2010, 8:07 am Neki Post #1752

Post-Haste provides mobility that Homecoming Stones can't even match though. The ability to teleport to allied creeps basically allows you travel across the map unhindered, because 40 minutes into the game, most outer towers and some inner towers will be gone. So basically, you can force a defend from the other team by teleporting to a creep wave that has pushed deep into the base. Also frees up an item slot because instead of stones + boots, you have a post haste, and the +ms from the post-haste is always a plus. Post-Haste is best used on heroes who need a lot of farm, because the investment is easily made back after a couple of minutes of unhindered farming. I wish Tinker was in this game though, he basically exploits the crap out of Post-Haste, because his ultimate refreshes the cooldown, meaning he clears a couple of creep waves in 6 seconds, and can teleport back to the fountain before heroes even get to him. A hero like Sand Wraith would find little use out of it, because he doesn't need a quick teleport, because he has awesome coverage of the map with ultimate + his ability that allows him to phase through anything.

None.

Jul 5 2010, 8:09 am Decency Post #1753

- Don't underestimate 95 movespeed. Speed is survivability and chasing power on ranged power farmers like SS, FA, Valk, CD, Hag, etc. It also lets you escape autoattacks or chasers and get that Portal Key off.
- For heroes that are farming a ton, it's also a saved item spot. meaning that late game, you have 5 carry items and boots instead of 4, boots, and a TP.
- Finally, it lets you teleport directly to creep waves, rather than towers, another big advantage that you won't utilize a lot without a coordinated team.

However, there's a glitch (intended?) in HoN right now where you can swap a TP with an item in your stash while teleporting. This significantly lowers the value of Post Haste because you can teleport somewhere from base with a full inventory. Also, Frostburn is a very common item and provides additional movespeed, whereas S&Y was considered terrible in DotA.

I don't see it very often in high level HoN, and it doesn't seem to pay for itself in most situations. There are times, though, when you see a hero get a quick Post Haste and 5 minutes later they have a Shrunken Head or a Thunderclaw, and 10 minutes later the game is over.

None.

Jul 5 2010, 9:01 am Demented Shaman Post #1754

Quote from name:FaZ-
You need a Portal Key or your keeper is shit against a good team. Not rare to see people get it even before boots, and I don't think I've seen anyone go Post Haste but that's generally for heroes that need to move around the map a lot to farm, which is not what Keeper does...
My keeper farms and farms all day.

None.

Jul 5 2010, 5:43 pm Decency Post #1755

Your keeper is a terrible hero, then. I've seen that work once as a solo mid counter to SS because Keeper has ridiculous STR growth (3.6) and tons of HP.

None.

Jul 5 2010, 6:37 pm Demented Shaman Post #1756

Quote from name:FaZ-
Your keeper is a terrible hero, then. I've seen that work once as a solo mid counter to SS because Keeper has ridiculous STR growth (3.6) and tons of HP.
Nope, I have like an over 2 kd as keeper and over 7 ad with him.

None.

Jul 5 2010, 10:57 pm Decency Post #1757

Okay, but unless you can do something with him against people who know what wards of revelation do I'm not buying.

None.

Jul 6 2010, 1:02 am Demented Shaman Post #1758

I never said I play him in serious competitive games.

None.

Jul 6 2010, 4:31 pm Forsaken Archer Post #1759

idk about post haste. I definitely do get it as my 5th item in order to open my 6th item up, and at that point 1500~ is easy to farm. I would feel like it could be beneficial to FA because I can clear creep waves fast with split shot + charged hammer, BUT getting post haste delays that a bit. I also love the early attack speed and other benefits of steamboots, the +10 str saved my ass quite few times. I suppose I could relay more on my ult for early team fights and only use it for drastic damage rather than attempt to scare off when they initiate when we are out of place (which is usually the fucking case). And post haste would always let me be in any team skirmish easily.
So hm. I might try a post haste build for FA in future games. Starting items -> boots / small optionals (magic armor) -> gloves of swiftness -> post haste -> tclaw -> hammer -> frostwolf / shrunken -> the other -> geobane.

None.

Jul 6 2010, 5:58 pm Demented Shaman Post #1760

Post haste would probably be good for IP, because he never carries a fucking tp around with him.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 86 87 88 89 90117 >
  Back to forum