Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Aug 18 2009, 6:37 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1125 >

Sep 26 2009, 5:13 pm samsizzle Post #161

then just make it an option where the trigger is created when copied.

None.

Sep 26 2009, 6:34 pm Lord Malvanis Post #162

My suggestion is to have an option whether to have the box with the drop-down list of everything, like the box from the classic old editor. That way your not forced to click the little +'s on the list all the time and look through everything to find one unit or doodad.

None.

Sep 30 2009, 10:58 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #163

I see you !

Updated the download, hopefully fixed the shortcut key issues in trigedit and the location listing, and it should still be using the old string window.

Sep 30 2009, 11:14 pm Kaias Post #164

Updated the download, hopefully fixed the shortcut key issues in trigedit and the location listing, and it should still be using the old string window.
Thank goodness. Updated.

None.

Sep 30 2009, 11:51 pm Kaias Post #165

Now the shortcuts don't work for the trigger listing window when you are on it, even if you don't have any triggers open.

None.

Oct 1 2009, 2:33 am payne Post #166

:payne:

Quote from Heimdal
As you can see in the String Table screenshot, SF:U can identify strings that are only used in non-critical items - that is, location names, switch names, comments, etc. When you save your map, you have the option of saving these strings in a secondary string table, so they don't take up room in the main one. SC ignores this table and the map will play as normal. No other editor will be able to correctly use a map saved like this, but SF:U can switch between saving modes easily if you need to use another editor. Similarly SF:U can turn string recycling on or off, so it can play nicely with editors that don't support recycling. It's also an easy way to unrecycle strings if you have a map that already has them recycled.

SF:U's trigger editor has the same autocomplete support SF1 did, plus a few improvements. As you can see from the Trigger List screenshot, each trigger has its index labelled, so you can see what order triggers evaluate in. You can also save and load triggers in SF or SE file formats.
Is there gonna be something similar to what I've just quoted? ;o

None.

Oct 1 2009, 7:14 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #167

I see you !

I cant see the screenshot, I mentioned that I might store the other stuff depending on demand but didn't get many replies / opinions on that.

Quote from Kaias
Now the shortcuts don't work for the trigger listing window when you are on it, even if you don't have any triggers open.
haha wonderful, guess I'll take a look at that then.

Oct 1 2009, 8:18 pm Kaias Post #168

I cant see the screenshot, I mentioned that I might store the other stuff depending on demand but didn't get many replies / opinions on that.
That's probably because people are tired of asking for it from the previous threads. Yes, just about everyone I talk to wants this. In fact, it is one of the most highly demanded things. Comments/Locations etc that don't take strings would be glorious.

None.

Oct 1 2009, 9:24 pm Vrael Post #169

Quite the contrary!!! My map has 2575 comments taking up strings (exact #, thanks to Notepad++). I NEED, NEED, NEED, a better commenting system!!! Many of the comments use the same string, but it still takes up a good portion of the string table, and I haven't even gotten to like, naming all the units and stuff.

None.

Oct 6 2009, 5:54 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #170

I see you !

Ok the other shortcuts should also work again in classic trigedit.

Oct 6 2009, 6:06 pm Kaias Post #171

Ok the other shortcuts should also work again in classic trigedit.
Excellent

None.

Oct 17 2009, 11:11 am Grocel Post #172

And what about the save crash bug on some systems? :dontgetit:

None.

Oct 18 2009, 7:19 pm Moose Post #173

We live in a society.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but in Trigedit the switch condition using "set" and "not set" for switches and the set switch action using something different - "set" and "clear" is stupid.

Oct 18 2009, 7:34 pm payne Post #174

:payne:

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but in Trigedit the switch condition using "set" and "not set" for switches and the set switch action using something different - "set" and "clear" is stupid.
It makes more sense as it is right now. ;o
Maybe using "0/1", then? :P

None.

Oct 18 2009, 8:31 pm Moose Post #175

We live in a society.

Quote from payne
It makes more sense as it is right now. ;o
Maybe using "0/1", then? :P
How does it make sense for them to use two different ways of specifying the switch is not set?
That's counterintutive.

Also, found a crash that you may have already known about in Trigedit.
Trigger("Player 7","Player 8"){ = OK
Trigger("Player 7", "Player 8"){ = crash
So, it really doesn't like spaces between the players.

Oct 19 2009, 4:04 am Vrael Post #176

I prefer to have them that way. When you go to find/replace in Notepad++ and you only want to affect actions, for example, then you don't have to do anything different, you can just use "cleared" or "not set" whichever it is. If they are all the same you'll have to do extra work if you only want to change switch actions but not conditions.

None.

Oct 19 2009, 11:46 am Moose Post #177

We live in a society.

Then we might as well come up with a second way of saying "set" as well.

Oct 19 2009, 3:12 pm NudeRaider Post #178

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Then we might as well come up with a second way of saying "set" as well.
Not cleared? :lol:

Oct 19 2009, 8:18 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #179

I see you !

0 and !0?

Oct 19 2009, 8:23 pm Devourer Post #180

Hello

0 and !0?
Yes sure, why not renaming it like this?:
Set -> "1"
Clear -> "0"
Randomize -> "?"

Na, I like it the way it is, also noone would really notice it if you change it. To be honest, I myself never noticed it.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1125 >
  Back to forum