Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Wings of Liberty Campaign Preview
Wings of Liberty Campaign Preview
Aug 17 2009, 3:11 pm
By: Syphon
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Aug 20 2009, 7:30 pm DevliN Post #21

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from grAffe
I'm still very disappointed at Raynor's voice. Everyone sounds badass expect him. :(
Are you kidding? He sounds exactly like he did in SC1
Considering it's the same voice actor, this should be a given.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 20 2009, 7:33 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #22

Just here for the activity... well not really

I guess I haven't heard his voice in a while then

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Aug 20 2009, 7:37 pm Excalibur Post #23

The sword and the faith

I don't think 10 years is going to be ENOUGH for me to fully enjoy SC2. I may have to live past my 30s. Fuck you Blizzard, prolonging my life!

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Aug 20 2009, 9:26 pm Dem0n Post #24

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Ten years definitely won't be enough. We're still enjoying a 2-part, 56-mission game after ten years, and SC2's gonna be 3 games with like 90+ missions. :D

Aug 20 2009, 10:13 pm KrayZee Post #25

Quote from Syphon
Nothing in SC2 is or ever was isometrical.
I'm just using the word "isometrical" (I know it's not 2D) to describe the terrain's usual diagonal, now with horizontal and vertical shaped cliffs on the terrain.

Judging from the in-game screenshots and the videos, you can make squares (horizontally and vertically), diamonds (diagonally), trapezoid, octagon (And any anything else fitting the category of diagonal, horizontal and vertical in a bird's eye view) shaped terrain (Excluding doodads appear otherwise) as seen from a default camera than an absolute circle aside from hill raising and hill holes as they are not recognized as cliffs.

None.

Aug 20 2009, 10:27 pm ToA Post #26

Que Sera, Sera.

sc2 looks siiiick. cant wait till its released.

Aug 22 2009, 5:15 pm BiOAtK Post #27

So wait, for the entire trilogy will it be 180$?

None.

Aug 22 2009, 10:08 pm Dem0n Post #28

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I doubt they'll make the other 2 cost $60. Since they're just new campaigns with a couple more units and stuff, it's basically like an expansion pack. I hope it's like $30 or something.

Aug 22 2009, 11:24 pm Neki Post #29

I think it would make more sense for each to cost 30$, or at the very least, the first cost a little more than the other two. But if Blizzard does do 180$...I'm sure people would still buy it, including me. But I'd probably wait aloooooooong time before buying the other two at that price. >_<

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 23 2009, 9:04 am by Ultimo.

None.

Aug 23 2009, 1:16 am BiOAtK Post #30

Fuck that, I'm pirating. You fuck with my StarCraft, I ain't buying shit.

None.

Aug 24 2009, 12:48 am DevliN Post #31

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I think the new Battle.net Real ID system is in place to prevent pirating. You can't just make new Battle.net accounts anymore like you can in SC, and everything you do requires you to log in to Battle.net (even single player). It would be like trying to use a pirated version of WoW to play on official servers (except free after game purchase).

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 24 2009, 12:51 am Jack Post #32

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I'm in it for multiplayer, I probably won't play singleplayer. So I just want one.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 24 2009, 1:39 am Syphon Post #33

Quote from DevliN
I think the new Battle.net Real ID system is in place to prevent pirating. You can't just make new Battle.net accounts anymore like you can in SC, and everything you do requires you to log in to Battle.net (even single player). It would be like trying to use a pirated version of WoW to play on official servers (except free after game purchase).

No it doesn't, it has been confirmed that internet access is not required for single player.

None.

Aug 24 2009, 5:32 am DevliN Post #34

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Eh, sort of. To clarify, I guess, you can play single player but you get nothing for it, and your progress (achievement-wise) wont be saved when you then connect to Battle.net. The developers were making jokes about how few people actually don't have internet access, and so essentially you have to connect to get the full experience. You also need to connect to Battle.net to play maps from their marketplace (though they said nothing about playing custom maps offline like you can in SC). They also eluded to the fact that in order to share maps, you have to connect to Battle.net - though I don't know how they will implement this yet.

EDIT:
And I guess ultimately my point was that pirating gives you nothing more than the campaign mode without progress.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 24 2009, 7:26 am KrayZee Post #35

In both WarCraft III and StarCraft, there were profiles in Single Player and it holds all of the unlocked levels in that profile and is able to be transferred to another computer. Since Blizzard is trying to make Battle Net 2.0 similar as and to improve on Xbox Live, Steam, Facebook, twitter, Messengers, and so on, offline Xbox 360 players (No, not the Silver Accounts) were still able to earn achievements and they have an option to "Join Xbox Live" (Whether Silver or Gold) while keeping their unlocked achievements. Though I'm not certain if this is the case of "Guest" in StarCraft II since I consider Guest as a single, limited profile, but if offline players are able to create profile, and at any time if they have connected to the internet with a chance to "Join Battle Net" with that profile, then it certainly should not be a problem.

If the Real ID is like Steam/Messenger, where you have an account name that is likely anonymous to the public while using and able to change their nickname at anytime (Though this too is flawed if used to grief other players anonymously/impersonating [such as the author of the map]), then that's better than having players smurf.
If Real ID uses a method of Diablo II, a main account having a set of individual characters (Aka profiles with their own set of stats, items and name), then that's good too.

Since (I heard) that Battle Net 2.0 does not record losses, I assume not only it improves moral of playing melee again and again than stop playing, it would actually stop players smurfing to "keep" their main accounts with high statistics, away from losses.

None.

Aug 24 2009, 8:01 am DevliN Post #36

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

In both WarCraft III and StarCraft, there were profiles in Single Player and it holds all of the unlocked levels in that profile and is able to be transferred to another computer. Since Blizzard is trying to make Battle Net 2.0 similar as and to improve on Xbox Live, Steam, Facebook, twitter, Messengers, and so on, offline Xbox 360 players (No, not the Silver Accounts) were still able to earn achievements and they have an option to "Join Xbox Live" (Whether Silver or Gold) while keeping their unlocked achievements. Though I'm not certain if this is the case of "Guest" in StarCraft II since I consider Guest as a single, limited profile, but if offline players are able to create profile, and at any time if they have connected to the internet with a chance to "Join Battle Net" with that profile, then it certainly should not be a problem.
At the Development Panel I saw, they specifically said that anything unlocked offline will not transfer online. The closest thing I can compare it to is Steam, where you log in the moment you start up the game and go from there. There isn't really a "Join Xbox live" option in this case, as the game is basically supposed to be enjoyed online. I have no idea why, but they want Battle.net to be like a gaming Twitter/Facebook social network.

If the Real ID is like Steam/Messenger, where you have an account name that is likely anonymous to the public while using and able to change their nickname at anytime (Though this too is flawed if used to grief other players anonymously/impersonating [such as the author of the map]), then that's better than having players smurf.
If Real ID uses a method of Diablo II, a main account having a set of individual characters (Aka profiles with their own set of stats, items and name), then that's good too.
The Real ID is basically your e-mail address. I believe you can set your name to whatever you want, but your friends (people with your Real ID on friends lists) can change your nickname as well so they can easily recognize you. Like Facebook or MySpace, the new friends list is an "add friend" system where you have to accept or decline friend invites. This obviously means you can no longer add anyone to a friends list without them knowing.

The example they gave is essentially a scene involving one friend playing WoW and one playing StarCraft 2. With the Real ID system, the friend on StarCraft 2 can message the friend on WoW (regardless of what character or server that friend is on) and they can chat in-game. The same goes for Diablo 3. Essentially it is like Diablo 3 in that characters are bound to an account.

Since (I heard) that Battle Net 2.0 does not record losses, I assume not only it improves moral of playing melee again and again than stop playing, it would actually stop players smurfing to "keep" their main accounts with high statistics, away from losses.
Yeah, basically they set up different ranks of players based on melee skill. If you're the lowest level, you should only be put against players in that same rank. A cool new feature is that it also records pairings, so if you play in a 2v2 with a friend and you guys kick ass together, your team rank could go up separate from your individual ranks. If you play another 2v2 with a different friend, that team's rank is also different from your individual rank and the previous team.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 29 2009, 6:35 pm KrayZee Post #37

Apparently, I'm right about the roads. But it's more simple: Just click one spot, then click another spot while the road is selected.

Quote from KrayZee
On 1:42, it appears that the road is similar to map making in first person shooter games. Instead of having it as asphalt seen from Badlands in StarCraft I as its own terrain (with the random yellow lines making it seem it is not a road), the road in StarCraft II is more of an object, placed on the terrain and is stretchable by length (maybe expanding the width in roads by adding a yellow divider line [or that could be a separate road] or additional white lines for city maps), and capable of having curvy roads than the typical isometric terrain seen from StarCraft I. Note how it is also on top of the ramp.

Roads were seen in screenshots in the older builds of StarCraft II here, here, and here, but they appear to be completely isometrical despite some curves. From the video, it shows you can set amount of rotational degrees ranging from 0 (straight) to 90 (complete turn).

Hard Tiles

There will be hard tiles available for use when creating maps such as roads. When creating roads, you simply drag the mouse wherever you want the roads to be and the editor ensures the tiles are created in a smooth way.

None.

Aug 30 2009, 1:15 am Fierce Post #38

If they do make it $60, they should at least make it so they'll update the campaign later on. I'd pirate anyway (if this is the case).

None.

Aug 30 2009, 1:30 am DevliN Post #39

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Fierce
If they do make it $60, they should at least make it so they'll update the campaign later on. I'd pirate anyway (if this is the case).
Quote from DevliN
And as Syphon pointed out, you can play single player offline (though without achievements). So pirating lets you play campaign mode over and over again.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 30 2009, 1:36 am Fierce Post #40

So wait would it be possible to download the files (pirating the other campaigns) THEN login to your current account?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum