Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Phalanx of Light
The Phalanx of Light
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 12 2009, 7:12 pm
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 2 3

Aug 13 2009, 1:41 pm Aster Post #41

And Voy can't be held, it's a force of nature.
Silly mortals. Voy was held in no sense of the word. He was out there chowing babies with the best of us.

None.

Aug 13 2009, 4:28 pm Vrael Post #42

Quote from name:zany_001
I have men under my command who call my Master and Leaderman. While my title may offend you, 'twould offend moreso the humble fellows who seek a better life than what they can find on their own, if they could not call me that which they see me as. I speak of the brave men of RCDF. And they are not alone in bestowing titles upon those who lead them. For we, too, call you King and look to you for guidance. Whether you like it or not. Sir.
If it pleases you, I will change my title to Knight of the Mighty Spork, but it would grieve me greatly.

DISCLAIMER
Any injury that may occur due to the use of the Mighty Spork on Vrael due to any further complaints on Light not being entirely good and indeed qather bloodthirsty are not to be attributed to RCDF, it's associates, or any of its employees. RCDF is not liable for any damage caused by the Phalanx of Light.

You speak noble words, but what use are noble words when you canst see thy guts spilt all over your white robes? We may be Light, but we are not perfect. If you accept our blades/arrows/shotty shells/assorted other weapons, then you accept our fighting prowess, before which the Horde cowers. TO ARMS, BROTHERS!

tl:dr NO U. Sir.
I understand. In times such as these we must accept all the help we can get, but I warn you nevertheless: someday you will realize that it is only a misguided sentiment to allow your men to call you Master or Lord. It is a noble thing to lead or rule so long as your interest lies in the welfare of your men, but to take the title of Lord or Master is a small blight on your purity, a compromise that I would not accept but for the difficulty of the times. Understand the gravity that this point could have. I hope you will endeavor to fix this, but for the time being you and your men are as heartily welcome as any other in the Phalanx.
However, I am no King. To call me a King is to mark me with the principles of unjust rule and oppression that I oppose; and these are not mine. If you wish you may call me a Leader, but I am no King.

Quote from Centreri
I hereby claim this thread in the name of myself and, to a lesser extent, the Horde. You all sign up for the Phalanx of Light thinking that a conflict on the SEN battleground between Light and Dark would be epic; and, indeed it would. However, each of you, why join the losing side in such a conflict, knowing full well that the losers face oblivion, and the winners, paradise? Is this not the most important decision of your lives, whether to give your soul to Aster (where it gets transferred to Rexy's bank account) or to Vrael, a mere mortal? Why by hasty? I, for one, will fight for the Horde, and in the aftermath will enjoy salvation. You tools of Vrael will fight on the Great Battleground and lose, competing with the organization that once held Voyager in its grip. I wish you luck. You'll need it.
Fool! Oblivion is the only outcome for everyone if the Phalanx should fail. Do you really think that Aster will give you the power and promises he has made if you should win, now that your soul is his and you are unable to oppose him? No, should we fail, everything will be lost. Even if he were to fulfill his promises, he hasn't the might to fulfill them to every one of you nor would there be a world worth having them in. Your immortality would be wasted on an empty world, devoid of anything worthwhile, your power useless against the vast emptiness of the universe. Your "salvation" is nothing; emptiness. You will have no "paradise."

Let not this incubi cloud your judgement with his rhetoric. To use another as a tool is the way of Aster. I accept only Allies, free men who have Chosen.

None.

Aug 13 2009, 4:35 pm MadZombie Post #43

These topics deserve to be made into an arena map :O!

Light vs Dark vSEN

None.

Aug 13 2009, 4:42 pm UnholyUrine Post #44

Greetings friends and foes, I have cometh from the yonder to offer my strength, courage, and wisdom.
I have yet to know the ideals of this battle, and what fights will be thrusted upon me, but hearing the enthusiasm of our fellow SEN'ers is enough to make me thirst for blood.

I only have my heart on battle, and it matters not which side I bestow with my aid. I knoweth that I am out of my line, and my English is bewildering, but there is much that I can offer to whomever grants me their trust.

To my lord, I shall offer my Jarate, which will make the bravest of the brave weep gently in their beds due to the terror they shall experience when their bodies are inflicted by this horribly strong, disease-ridden, unorthodox, uncanny, unsanitary, unholy urine.

To my foes, beware.
Mwahahahaa

None.

Aug 13 2009, 4:47 pm Ashamed Post #45

Hear me Raor!!

Your unholy though... This is the light thread. >< Did you decide to turn your ways, and walk twords the light!

None.

Aug 13 2009, 4:49 pm Hug A Zergling Post #46

Quote from Ashamed
Your unholy though... This is the light thread. >< Did you decide to turn your ways, and walk twords the light!
I don't think his username means that HE'S unholy urine.

And that would be a GREAT map.

None.

Aug 13 2009, 5:10 pm Centreri Post #47

Relatively ancient and inactive

Puppeteers always claim to be bringers of freedom. True freedom comes from a lack of inhibition as practiced within the horde. Speak not of promises; promises are worthless. Free dental care is the only promise given by Aster, and is therefore a secondary consideration. We have power to do as we see fit from the onset, and where your dogma will inevitably bring eventual stagnation, our universe will continue to be a dynamic tapestry. We seek only to bring the chaos obvious in the world as a whole to humankind. In return, we are guaranteed salvation, an oblivion of happiness, where those who opposed us in life recieve doom, an oblivion of sorrow.

None.

Aug 13 2009, 8:49 pm poison_us Post #48

Back* from the grave

Being a member of the Light insinuates that he/she must be pure. Purity is against human nature--you are withholding yourselves the pleasure of being mortal. Make use of the life you have, for nobody knows what is after it, whether this is all we've got, or there is an eternity thereafter. The Horde provides us with more than brute force in numbers...it allows us to experience life to its fullest, not limiting ourselves by a future we won't know will ever happen.

we have chocolate chip cookies, too

Aug 13 2009, 8:49 pm Vrael Post #49

Unfortunately guys, I will no longer be able to continue playing this game. I hadn't realized of how much importance this was, but Moose believes it to be an issue and in this case I will defer to his judgement.
This is the conversation I had with him about it:

(1:03:40 PM) Vrael: so, are you going to shoot me for opening the "Phalanx of Light" topic? :P
(1:04:13 PM) Moose: I am disapoint
(1:04:41 PM) Moose: Maybe if someone opens up "Group of Neutrality" I can claim there's too many and lock all three.
(1:05:20 PM) Vrael: lol
(1:05:30 PM) Vrael: for once I don't understand why you want them locked
(1:05:57 PM) Moose: http://www.staredit.net/167486/
(1:06:21 PM) Vrael: oh, just because it's lame?
(1:07:03 PM) Moose: Yes
(1:07:13 PM) Moose: But also by extension of lameness to other things it affects
(1:07:25 PM) Vrael: ?
(1:07:39 PM) Moose: SEN is not an island.
(1:08:58 PM) Vrael: you're afraid it's going to make SEN appear lame to the rest of the internet?
(1:09:15 PM) Moose: As ridiculous as that sounds
(1:09:17 PM) Moose: Yes.
(1:09:29 PM) Moose: I would prefer to strive for a positive image and reputation.
(1:09:31 PM) Moose: Yes, on the internet.
(1:10:22 PM) Vrael: well I agree with you, but I didn't think this was all that damaging to our image
(1:11:05 PM) Moose: I realize that
(1:11:11 PM) Moose: Which you would know if you read the post :P
(1:12:13 PM) Vrael: oh I see
(1:13:58 PM) Vrael: hrmph.
(1:14:14 PM) Vrael: now I'm stuck at an impasse:
(1:14:30 PM) Moose: So am I
(1:15:29 PM) Vrael: to put aside my fun for your idea of a better sen which I don't quite agree with in this particular case, but should comply with anyway, or continue with it all anyway
(1:15:57 PM) Vrael: is there a way that we could keep the fun by improving its quality?
(1:16:23 PM) Moose: Doubtful
(1:16:30 PM) Moose: But not impossible.
(1:17:58 PM) Moose: The tricky part is that I have faith in you
(1:18:23 PM) Vrael: despite my abuses of the op SEN bot?
(1:18:36 PM) Moose: If I see that you, knowing what I know about you, cannot place the good of the community over your own personal fun
(1:18:41 PM) Moose: I might as well surrender
(1:18:54 PM) Moose: Accept that SEN has evolved into what it is without my intervention over time
(1:19:12 PM) Moose: And that's it simply IS impossible to successfully change the status quo that has evolved
(1:19:51 PM) Moose: At which point I may as well join the majority of immaturity and start having an ungodly amount of Mudkips somewhere
(1:20:00 PM) Moose: Or just resign and go somewhere else, which ultimately would kill SEN
(1:20:13 PM) Moose: That, sir, is my impasse.
(1:20:17 PM) Vrael: well fortunately we're not quite at that point yet
(1:20:30 PM) Vrael: I hadn't realized you thought this was quite so damaging
(1:20:34 PM) Moose: We've been close
(1:20:47 PM) Moose: I have used much of my strength to draw the line
(1:22:24 PM) Vrael: I suppose I'll have to write a lengthy "We can't play this anymore" post then
(1:22:55 PM) Moose: I would copy and paste this log
(1:23:08 PM) Moose: Quoting the staff forum post since the majority cannot read it
(1:23:50 PM) Vrael: what exactly is wrong with it though? I still don't understand exactly
(1:24:36 PM) Moose: It isn't directly BAD. But it isn't GOOD (directly or indirectly) either.
(1:25:24 PM) Vrael: and... that's analogous to, letting crap pile up on your desk until you can't find anything?
(1:25:32 PM) Vrael: that sorta what you mean?
(1:25:51 PM) Moose: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_of_life
(1:26:06 PM) Vrael: well I'll have to finish the post and this discussion later, going out to lunch with a friend
(1:26:08 PM) Moose: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_Window_Theory

Here is the staff post indicated:
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
I will elaborate on my position. We're trying to be professional and raise standards. Fun is good, but I don't really see how something like the "Evil Horde" is beneficial to SEN. It was acceptable when we were a small, private and tight-knit community when few outsiders would notice and fewer would care. There is a point where we need to move past the fads of the past for the betterment of our image, atmosphere, and environment. While popular fads and inside jokes may not necessarily tarnish our image, they certainly do not improve it.

If a moderator could lock this please, I would be appreciate it.

None.

Aug 13 2009, 8:54 pm Jack Post #50

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

GG. Light wins.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 13 2009, 9:04 pm Lingie Post #51

Quote from MiniMoose2707
(1:19:51 PM) Moose: At which point I may as well join the majority of immaturity and start having an ungodly amount of Mudkips somewhere

Moose wins for making me lul.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum