Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Left 4 Dead 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Jul 17 2009, 6:40 am
By: FatalException
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >

Dec 17 2009, 9:28 pm InsolubleFluff Post #101

I'm on xbox 360.

By boom, I do mean vomit. However, I call it boom since; a spitter spits, a charger charges and a boomer booms. It is also taken from gears of wars where the boomer says 'boom' before firing.

Spitter is a support class, not a constriction class.

I consider (in scavenge) that the:
Hunter, Charger and Smoker are constrictors.
Spitter and Boomer are support.
And Jockey is the hybrid.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 1:00 am InsolubleFluff Post #102

http://l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=3362

Updates coming soon :)

None.

Jan 23 2010, 1:22 am RIVE Post #103

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from name:Shocko

I am liking what I am seeing. Except the possibility of removing the Dark Carnival finale.
What the heck is up with that? Not everyone knows to stick together in a tiny corner.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 1:23 am MadZombie Post #104

I didn't see it before and i didn't see it i nthe latest blog post of that link so i'm not sure if you guys heard but:

In the new update it's going to include:

new campaign, you meet up with the original 4
a new weapon
a new special zombie
a new mode

A friend told me that he thinks he saw a preview of the new zombie. It's supposed to be an armored zombie that has metal on his back (or some side, front?). He shoots shrapnel (not sure on how exactly) and with a basic claw attack like the rest.

lul

None.

Jan 23 2010, 1:25 am RIVE Post #105

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from MadZombie
I didn't see it before and i didn't see it i nthe latest blog post of that link so i'm not sure if you guys heard but:

In the new update it's going to include:

new campaign, you meet up with the original 4
a new weapon
a new special zombie

*Ahem* That is "The Passing". The name of the new campaign is called The Passing.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 10:39 am InsolubleFluff Post #106

i'm pretty sure the new mode is co-operative and not competitive, it may be an 8 player co-op, which would be pretty neat.
I think the new zombie isn't special infected it's just uncommon infected like the CEDA Agents from Dead Centre etc...
New Weapon will always be welcomed
I think there may be new playable maps for scavenge and survival too. I'd like to see more from existing and a few from The Passing.

Spring 2010 so it shouldn't be too much longer :)!

None.

Jan 23 2010, 3:51 pm RIVE Post #107

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from name:Shocko
I think the new zombie isn't special infected it's just uncommon infected like the CEDA Agents from Dead Centre etc...
I think there may be new playable maps for scavenge and survival too. I'd like to see more from existing and a few from The Passing.

Spring 2010 so it shouldn't be too much longer :)!

It is just an uncommon common infected. Though, I have always wished that they would release the Screamer.

I hope they release a new map for Scavenge. Even on an existing area would be awesome.
I have always wanted to play a game in the sugar fields in the storming rain because there is a generator right there at the gas station making it seem possible, but they would also need to open the street around it.

Also, spring 2010 is too far away for me. I am going to need to get my zombie fix by buying Lost In Nightmares for Resident Evil 5 next month, or hope Dead Rising 2 comes out first.

None.

Feb 13 2010, 4:59 am KrayZee Post #108

I've seen about two screenshots of The Passing. So far, I believe the so called "new" uncommon common infected was the cut Fallen Survivor. Basically, it's already in the game disc's files but was never used. You can see him hanging from a stuck parachute in the second level of Swamp Fever, sometimes carrying goods.

The M60 reminds me of a ripped gun turret from Far Cry Instincts (Or more known, "Halo 3") due to it bringing limited bullets, and no reloading (If it reaches zero, it's empty). Except it doesn't slow down the player.

Didn't see the new pistol or melee weapon, yet. (They say Golf Club) But The Passing appears more open, which is nice after all that tight crowded environment that's seen in most of Left 4 Dead 2. There's going to be a new song from the "Midnight Riders" exclusively at the Passing in a jukebox. At the video from GameTrailers, the guy mentioned that the Tank will be tougher. Freaking finally. I'm also glad that The Passing is a night time campaign (Unless it's something like Swamp Fever or Hard Rain where it changes... ugh)

I'm also interested at the DLC for Left 4 Dead 1 would be like afterward.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 13 2010, 5:04 am by KrayZee.

None.

Feb 13 2010, 9:23 am RIVE Post #109

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from KrayZee
So far, I believe the so called "new" uncommon common infected was the cut Fallen Survivor.

I hope it is the fallen survivor infected. I remember seeing this video a few month back, and laughing about all the first-aid. Of course, they will not come in large groups like they are in the video.

The first-aid packs will probably be removed from the infected, but it might lead to the possibility that there will be no first-aid (or throwables) in the Passing except the ones the fallen survivors have. This possibility can lead to some annoying twists, and change in a casual players strategy.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 13 2010, 9:31 am by RIVE.

None.

Feb 13 2010, 9:30 am RIVE Post #110

Just Here For The Pie

After a quick stop at YouTube:

None.

Feb 13 2010, 10:23 am InsolubleFluff Post #111

3 part campaign? They better be pretty big chapters.
Golf Club sounds boring...
M60 looks meh...
Fallen Survivors sound like they'll spice the game up a fair bit actually.
I like the whole streets with tall buildings set up, something I don't think Left 4 Dead 2 has enough of.
I wish there had been more details in to the new Co-Op mode and possible new maps.

None.

Feb 13 2010, 3:08 pm Oh_Man Post #112

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Umm I'm just gonna go ahead and shamelessly plug myself here I did a L4D2 review if anyone is interested on reading it: http://www.thedailygamer.com.au/?p=920

Mar 27 2010, 7:16 am RIVE Post #113

Just Here For The Pie

Well, with less than a week to go, we will all be enjoying the new campaign, The Passing and the game modes soon.
Yes, game modes. It seems like Valve is being generous with its Left 4 Dead series this year. However, there is no word of what these new game modes are yet, I would still like to see a version of Survivor were all you do is see how many Tanks you can defeat until you die whilst trapped in a tiny room. -But, this is just me being silly.

Generosity goes a long way. There is still no price for these upcoming downloads. Let alone an official release date. All we can hope for is "the end of March", and that it will be free on the computer.

Anyone else bummed that the story will have Bill killed? You heard me, I am calling it right now; Bill is going to be the one to die of the initial four survivors. I mean, I have back-stabbed my allied computer bots a ton of times, but now it is the real deal. At least he will go out sacrificing his life to save everyone else. Very noble of him.

I am a tad upset about the new melee weapon. Smacking someone will a driver would cause the head of the club to snap right off with the first hit. Valve should have went with a shovel instead.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 27 2010, 3:34 pm by RIVE.

None.

Mar 27 2010, 1:02 pm Zycorax Post #114

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Picked up L4D2 when it was 50% off on Steam earlier this week. Haven't played it much yet; been waiting for a friend of mine who also bought it recently to come home for Easter vacation. All I can say is 'Ellis ftw'.

Mar 27 2010, 3:33 pm RIVE Post #115

Just Here For The Pie

[spam]
I am a tad disappointment with the result of Left 4 Dead 3.
See, I figured by the time Valve got to their third installment, the line-up would consist of two woman, a white man, and an Asian man, not this!

Total sausage fest.. At least Nick is back.
[/spam]

None.

Mar 27 2010, 7:04 pm KrayZee Post #116

The A-Team...

If there is a Left 4 Dead 3, I expect Dorothy, Tin Man, Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion.

None.

Mar 28 2010, 11:37 pm RIVE Post #117

Just Here For The Pie

Damn it all to hell..

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/left-4-dead-2/xbox-360/game-features/left-4-dead-2-the-passing-to-miss-march-release-date/

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/27/left-4-dead-2-the-passing-dlc-pushed-back-priced-at-560-micro/

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4755-Left-4-Dead-2-s-The-Passing-DLC-Passes-on-March-Release-Window.html

None.

Mar 28 2010, 11:55 pm MasterJohnny Post #118

Xbox is lame! Play L4d2 on windows!
I think the passing will be out early April because just last week they made l4d2 50% off.

I am a Mathematician

Apr 10 2010, 6:03 am RIVE Post #119

Just Here For The Pie

A random run on a modded server. I wanted to test out my video capturing.

None.

Apr 20 2010, 4:39 am RIVE Post #120

Just Here For The Pie

Looks like the achievements for The Passing have been released just a few minutes ago.

They are all sadly easy with maybe the exception of Wedding Crasher which requires you, as the Charger, to grab a Survivor and crash them through 8 chairs at the wedding.

Later online versus mode runs of The Passing will probably find the human players avoiding the wedding, or they might end up hiding in a corner. I see it best to get this one close to the DLC's release when people are still fairly new to the campaign. I do not know, I might just be over reacting to an easy achievement.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum