Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Spell Generator
Spell Generator
Jul 9 2009, 5:18 am
By: Pyro682  

Jul 10 2009, 4:36 am Pyro682 Post #21

Well, I'm implementing it into the RPG that Stickynote and I are submitting for the Contest.
Yes, I was going to allow each player in the RPG to design 1 spell.

Oh, and By the way, I will periodically update the progress on this Generator.

None.

Jul 10 2009, 5:49 am Toothfariy Post #22

I think you should release this as a sort of tool for map makers, then put it in w/ stickys map

None.

Jul 11 2009, 7:39 pm Pyro682 Post #23

Quote from payne
This test map should help you to expand on your thing ;)
I made it a while back for my D2 project, but I never bothered about polishing it. There's many errors.
Move DS to change of spell mode. Move zlings at top to raise/decrease damage dealt. And it's based off a mix of Waypoint Casting System and Direct Damage.
Try it out ;D

If you need more explanations on what I had in my head for the spell mode names, just ask me :D

I tried it out, and I forgot all about Waypoint Casting. Thanks for reminding me, I must include this in a casting method category. I know you know there's errors, but I'd like to point out (incase you didn't know this one) that it doesn't do any damage.
I've tried changing the damage to all sorts of different numbers, and it didn't work.

Thanks though.

None.

Jul 11 2009, 9:47 pm payne Post #24

:payne:

In fact, the "Multiple Hits" one is working in terms of damages ;)
Others just aren't triggered well and I never really wanted to fix this because all I needed was to know if WC system could work with Direct Damage.

None.

Jul 12 2009, 5:55 pm Pyro682 Post #25

Update:

In response to Toothfariy's query, you will now be able to look at the bottom of the map and see what elements actually create the spell you have designed. For the indicators that are stacked buildings, the things you have selected will be highligheted in green on the minimap.

None.

Jul 14 2009, 12:21 am Pyro682 Post #26

Another Update:

Here is another screenie of me casting a spell using AoE dmg. So far, I'm not liking the visuals. I will be removing them soon.

None.

Aug 5 2009, 4:12 pm Tank_7 Post #27

Ive been telling friends about this concept and linking them to this topic. This makes my nipples hard.
Would you mind if I made an RPG or AOS with random-ish spells?

EDIT: I could make Great Wizards 2! You can take a look at the current Great Wizards here (except I've made a 1.05 but cant seem to upload)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 5 2009, 4:29 pm by Tank_7.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 9:46 am Pyro682 Post #28

Thank you for Spreading the word, and thanks.

This will be for public use when I finish debugging.

You Can make whatever you want. This is both a concept map and a mappers tool.

I'm well aware of your "Great Wizards" map, and I'd have to warn you: This Generator (Depending on the capabilities you want it to have) requires an extensive amount of locations. The more customizable, the more it requires: Units, Strings, Triggers, Locations, and whatnot. It's a big system, and thus requires big heaps of stuff to make it run. You can have it require less, but at a cost of having it less customizable.

The next Update will be on Saturday. And Please, give me feedback about ideas and concerns. It'll be way easier to move things around while it's still forming than when I finish this.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 10:29 am SakujoNoJidai Post #29

I find it really ironic that we're working on similar ideas at the same time. I've been playing a bit of SC over summer break from college and got really annoyed at the lack of customizability of the D&D maps, so I've been working up ideas for a map that provides a lot of custom options with some built-in spells, quests, and other bits and pieces. Your project is a great idea. I'm going to see how else I can incorporate hero (read, non-DM player) customization into my map. We should chat about trigger concepts and see if we can help each other out. :)

I'm still relatively new to map-making. The only real thorough map I put together was Snowball Wars Triumvirate, and that was years ago. I could probably learn quite a bit from you and the others here. [Hell, I just downloaded SCMDraft 2 and Notepad ++ for the first time!]

None.

Aug 11 2009, 6:46 am Pyro682 Post #30

Sorry it was late, lol

======================UPDATE============================================
-I've now totally reformatted the Mana Calculator and Formula!!!!! (Basically, Big thing was done, and it was a key piece in the generator)
-I can now cast full fledged spells of :
Damage
Transformation
Mobility
Neurological Effects
(And all Sub-categories of those spells are now FULLY castable)
-I've begun Re-work on The TARGETING INTERFACE!!!!! TWO NEW TARGETS WILL BE AVAILABLE!

Now, it no longer crashes after twenty minutes!!!!

None.

Aug 13 2009, 2:40 pm Tank_7 Post #31

Hey Pyro, I've thought of a new targeting mode (assuming its not one of your 2 new ones)
Anyways I wanted to share the idea with you, and I plan to use it myself.

I call it "Unholy Urination", after the SEN member Unholy Urine. A more reasonable name may be "Stream" or "Breath" or something.

It would only work for a damage spell (like repeated 6 hypercycle wraith presence for a laser shot).
A protoss observer is placed near your hero (but away, by mobile grid)
Scourges fly in a chain from your hero to the observer. (one scourge spawned every 6 hypercycle or so with constant ordering)
When a scourge hits your observer it does the effect (wraith scout muta etc.)
So it would be like a "stream" you aim with your observer for say... 10 seconds.
As you move the observer around the stream would bend towards it. Could be made to look really cool I think.
Also if scourges are too fast it could be 2+ scourges per 1 wraith so that the scourges can indeed look like a stream/chain.

Edit: On second thought this targeting mode could be used with a number of "non damage" spells too, like paralyzing, slowing, mana draining, but each individual scourge would have to have a low effect.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 13 2009, 2:46 pm by Tank_7.

None.

Aug 16 2009, 10:03 am Jack Post #32

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

What did unholy do to deserve a spell named after him? I mean, it's not like he made an insanely popular map with over 40 unique spells that managed to get thousands of post in Map production...oh wait

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 25 2009, 5:40 am Pyro682 Post #33

I've been having some difficulties with the Targeting, some trigger I added is completely ripping everything apart. I'm going to be delayed a bit, since I'm working on other projects, but fear not, I will complete this, even if it's the last thing I do on SC!

None.

Jan 14 2010, 4:59 am ImagoDeo Post #34

So how's it going? I look forward to seeing this completed.

None.

Feb 2 2010, 1:19 am UnholyUrine Post #35

lawls.. necroo!!!!

Thanks, Tank <3

None.

Jun 11 2010, 1:19 am ImagoDeo Post #36

...so I take it the project is dead.

[/gravedig]

None.

Jun 11 2010, 9:47 pm payne Post #37

:payne:

Last Active: Nov 18 2009, 2:46 pm